post #901 of 3685 Old 01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason View Post

Media Center chooses which apps to use with its library functions and some of them can't be easily changed (or changed at all). You can trick Media Center by renaming DVD folders from VIDEO_TS to HVDVD_TS and it will use TMT. No idea about how to trick it with files. I've been tinkering around with that one myself without much luck. You can always go with a 3rd party library which makes these choices fully configurable. But there's little incentive for us to build a MCE library function in TMT when there are so many decent options available, most at no cost.

Technically problematic and a dying format. Don't get your hopes up.

not on about media center library but TMT options!
when you click on play dvd/bluray, in affect launching TMT, it would make sense when you hit the 'Info' button to not just get 'settings' but a tab to load files whether they be from dvd folders or avi's just like the main interface
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 3685 Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
TMT5 now works perfect passing a 3D signal through an AVR with the new Catalyst drivers on AMD 6950/70 cards. Avatar in 7.1 DTS-MA and 3D looks amazing.
post #903 of 3685 Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to get how to train your dragon 3d blu ray to play and TMT3 won't play it. Do I have to upgrade to TMT5 to get it to work?

Format Neutral. Living in HD bliss with the A1, A30and PS3.
post #904 of 3685 Old 01-27-2011, 05:34 PM

I got it working with TMT3.

Format Neutral. Living in HD bliss with the A1, A30and PS3.
post #905 of 3685 Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM

After uninstalling MediaBrowser, I finally got MB to launch TMT5 for DVD playback.

Question regarding audio controls.

I'm currently using a standard MC remote. When I launch a DVD using the default player in MC I have control of the volume. However, if I setup TMT5 as the external player in MediaBrowser and try to play a DVD, I loose volume control with the remote. All other buttons work, like play, stop, pause, etc. Is there a way to configure TMT volume control with a basic MC remote?

Thanks
post #906 of 3685 Old 01-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post

not on about media center library but TMT options!
when you click on play dvd/bluray, in affect launching TMT, it would make sense when you hit the 'Info' button to not just get 'settings' but a tab to load files whether they be from dvd folders or avi's just like the main interface

At the risk of repeating myself... Media Center already has that, so no it doesn't really make sense for us to spend time and money to recreate the wheel in a way that likely will be inferior to what people already have. (Of course, reasonable people may disagree about our decision here--I'm just sharing the theory behind the decision and given that it goes all the way back to TMT2, it would seem unlikely to me that it's going to change any time soon.)
post #907 of 3685 Old 01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Advanced Member

So...

Having such great luck with TMT5, I uninstalled TMT3 last night. Now, when I'm in MediaBrowswer it won't launch a DVD in TMT5 anymore.

Drat!

Other than that, no problemo!

Regards,
Paul
post #908 of 3685 Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I tried watching a DVR-MS recording of Dancing with the Stars in 2D to 3D mode and it doesn't work with TMT3 and with PowerDVD Ultra it looks awesome in 2D to 3D but the audio doesn't work.

Can't win I guess.

Did IQ's suddenly drop sharply while I was away?
I enjoy 3D in spite of HDMI 1.4!
Full screen only 3D doesn't cut it!
post #909 of 3685 Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 PM

Liked: 15
Just an update about MKV playback (or lack thereof). I had a chance to mess with it last night and still no go. I unistalled Windows Media Player and Media Center. I uninstalled TMT3 as well. I went throught the registry and deleted all Arcsoft entries. I ran CCleaner. I unistalled TMT5 and reinstalled version 1.80, updated directly to the lastest version (1.87) and still no MKV playback. I'm still surprised that there's no complaints about MKVs in this thread here or over at the Arcsoft forum. It's not like I'm complaining about lack of subtitle or audio track selections in MKV playback; MKVs outright crash the program. I'm trying to get a feel for what you guys are using this program for and it seems as though the majority of you are playing from optical media (which I still do quite a bit) and movie folders. I still can't believe that most of you are still using folders rather than files for movie storage. That works fine if you only have a handfull of movies but as you start to develop a collection, the space requirements become unreasonably high (even with networked storage).
post #910 of 3685 Old 01-29-2011, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Could anybody help me test a Warner HDDVD with subtitles on. I have a problem with them because the subs locks onto the screen until the next subtitle comes. I dont have this problem with Universal and Paramount discs.
post #911 of 3685 Old 01-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason View Post
At the risk of repeating myself... Media Center already has that, so no it doesn't really make sense for us to spend time and money to recreate the wheel in a way that likely will be inferior to what people already have. (Of course, reasonable people may disagree about our decision here--I'm just sharing the theory behind the decision and given that it goes all the way back to TMT2, it would seem unlikely to me that it's going to change any time soon.)
sorry i must be missing something here.
yes you can load dvd's and avi's ( with codecs) from media center but the whole point of TMT is it does it better, especially now you can use SimHD for avi's too. Plus i use ReClock with TMT and not with MC as it messes up.
i only use MC for TV however as said i would like to load MC from startup and use its remote to navigate to TMT and play my dvd's and avi's.

is it feasible just to have the 'open dvd/file' option when launched through MC?
post #912 of 3685 Old 01-29-2011, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
sorry i must be missing something here.
yes you can load dvd's and avi's ( with codecs) from media center but the whole point of TMT is it does it better, especially now you can use SimHD for avi's too. Plus i use ReClock with TMT and not with MC as it messes up.
i only use MC for TV however as said i would like to load MC from startup and use its remote to navigate to TMT and play my dvd's and avi's.

is it feasible just to have the 'open dvd/file' option when launched through MC?
As Jason suggested earlier, use either Media Browser or MyMovies Library plugins and you can set them up to launch your preferred player for dvd's or avi's.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #913 of 3685 Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede View Post

Could anybody help me test a Warner HDDVD with subtitles on. I have a problem with them because the subs locks onto the screen until the next subtitle comes. I dont have this problem with Universal and Paramount discs.

I tried out a couple of HD DVDs for you (plus I was curious if HD DVDs worked well with TMT5). At first I was worried because playback was a little choppy, but then I remembered that the all the settings on my Sony TV were erased (maybe a firmware update?) and I had to turn CineMotion onto auto 2. Anyway, Constantine had that issue of subtitles sticking, but Unforgiven didn't. I don't use subtitles usually (especially for English titles) so it's not really an issue for me. I really wouldn't expect a fix for this either (unless it effects some blu-rays too) since Jason already stated that HD DVD support is strictly legacy carried over from previous versions. I think that I have a few more WB HD DVDs which I could test but like I said, I don't think that it will matter much anyway. At least we still have HD DVD support which is more than I can say for the other software players.

Sort of unrelated, but while I was watching Constantine, I noticed that TMT spits out LPCM to the receiver (has a DD+ soundtrack). I think this has been covered already and think that it was a driver related issue with HDMI video/sound cards not supporting DD+. I was messing around in the control panel and noticed that DD+ was one of the supported formats of my video card (low profile PowerColor HD 5750). Does it really support it or is it just listed but really not a supported codec? Just wondering and it's not that big of an issue because I think that DD+ is kind of a dead audio format (I think that it was mainly used on HD DVDs).
post #914 of 3685 Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Ryan. Yes I dont expect it to be solved either. And I can watch the Warner discs without subtitles. But it is a little annoying that this bug prevents me ditch my standalone player. Other then that TMT5 is really nice HTPC player. Movable subtitles a great tool.

As for audio, HD DVD doesnt bitstream in TMT.
post #915 of 3685 Old 01-30-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede View Post

Thanks Ryan. Yes I dont expect it to be solved either. And I can watch the Warner discs without subtitles. But it is a little annoying that this bug prevents me ditch my standalone player. Other then that TMT5 is really nice HTPC player. Movable subtitles a great tool.

As for audio, HD DVD doesnt bitstream in TMT.

Oops, I told you that Unforgiven didn't do it. I think that was because the disc was a bluray! Sorry, I have my blurays mixed with my HD DVDs. I did test Full Metal Jacket and it had the same issue with the subtitles sticking.
post #916 of 3685 Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post

As Jason suggested earlier, use either Media Browser or MyMovies Library plugins and you can set them up to launch your preferred player for dvd's or avi's.

Thanks
never tried Media Browser but its great!!!
almost perfect setup now launching TMT through MB BUT...can only get 2ch sound!
help please i am nearly there

launching dvd's through MC and nOT TMT works fine with 5.1 sound

EDIT:
Thousand apologies. Somehow i missed the settings page which was on 2ch DOH!
guess i assumed as the standalone player was ok it would be automatic
ps this combination of TMT and Media Browser is AWESOME!!!
post #917 of 3685 Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks
never tried Media Browser but its great!!!
almost perfect setup now launching TMT through MB BUT...can only get 2ch sound!
help please i am nearly there

launching dvd's through MC and nOT TMT works fine with 5.1 sound

ps i use the MCE shortcut applied in t he MB software

I found this on another forum once. Not positive this will work but it is worth a try.....

1) Open up C:\\Windows\\win.ini in notepad.
2) Add the following text to the end:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\ArcSoft\\MPEG Codec\\Decoder Setting\\]
AudioOutputMode=6
AudioDynamicRange=1

3) Change the numbers to match the settings you prefer. There are multiple AudioOutputMode settings which correspond to some speaker configurations
AudioDynamicRange:
0: Light
1: Normal
2: Threaded

AudioOutputMode:
0,1,2,5: Stereo
6,13: 5.1 Channels
17: 7.1 Channels
16: S/PDIF

Scott
-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #918 of 3685 Old 02-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan L View Post

Just an update about MKV playback (or lack thereof). I had a chance to mess with it last night and still no go. I unistalled Windows Media Player and Media Center. I uninstalled TMT3 as well. I went throught the registry and deleted all Arcsoft entries. I ran CCleaner. I unistalled TMT5 and reinstalled version 1.80, updated directly to the lastest version (1.87) and still no MKV playback. I'm still surprised that there's no complaints about MKVs in this thread here or over at the Arcsoft forum. It's not like I'm complaining about lack of subtitle or audio track selections in MKV playback; MKVs outright crash the program.

I don't think this is generally happening to people, thus no complaints. MKVs play fine for me (with certain known limitations) and play generally fine for others or we wouldn't be seeing the complaints about the MKV-specific limitations. So it may be something specific about your method of MKV creation, or perhaps some non-ArcSoft element on your system that you've missed to this point.

If you want to rule out your MKV creation it's pretty straightforward. Create a small MKV file (say, 10MB or less) and upload it to a file sharing site and share the link. Then I (or some other helpful forum member) can download it and see if it crashes on a system known to play MKVs fine in TMT.
post #919 of 3685 Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Ok...I'm stumped.

Since I removed TMT3 and installed the latest TMT5 patch, Media Browser will no longer launch any of the files it finds.

I did a repair on MB tonight and still nothing. Anyone have any guesses as to what I need to do to get this fixed and working again? I've also mentioned this in the Media Browser specific thread but this seems to be something the TMT5 now...

Something somewhere is not talking to something it needs to. Help.

Regards,
Paul
post #920 of 3685 Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Paul, have you TMT5 as an external player in MB setup?
post #921 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Anyone know if there are still bl-ray stutter/sync bugs with the latest patch? I downloaded the recent patches and still have issues with blu-ray playback. At least 2-3 times during the length of a movie the screen stutters which throws off the audio sync. It's easily fixed by pausing the video and restarting, but annoying nonetheless.

Running TMT 5 in MediaBrowser and WMC 7 x64.

Thanks
post #922 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erighan View Post

Anyone know if there are still bl-ray stutter/sync bugs with the latest patch? I downloaded the recent patches and still have issues with blu-ray playback. At least 2-3 times during the length of a movie the screen stutters which throws off the audio sync. It's easily fixed by pausing the video and restarting, but annoying nonetheless.

Running TMT 5 in MediaBrowser and WMC 7 x64.

Thanks

Are you talking about dropped frames? I had those with my ATI 5670 @ 1080p24. This was independent of driver or TMT version. Since then I switched to an NVidia GTS450 and all is well.

____
Axel

post #923 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Are you talking about dropped frames? I had those with my ATI 5670 @ 1080p24. This was independent of driver or TMT version. Since then I switched to an NVidia GTS450 and all is well.
____
Axel
I have the ATI 5670 as well. I'm not exactly sure what's happening. Basically, the screen stutters for a brief moment and when this occurs the audio loses sync with the picture. Only way to resync is pause and play.

I'm passed the RMA time for the video card, so I really hope this isn't an issue with the 5670...
post #924 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
I have the ATI 5670 as well. I'm not exactly sure what's happening. Basically, the screen stutters for a brief moment and when this occurs the audio loses sync with the picture. Only way to resync is pause and play.
Interesting, I have the ATI 5670 also, and I'm seeing the same issue on Blu-ray playback.

I should point out though, that (a) I never saw this with TMT3 and (b) streamed DVDs don't exhibit this - but then again, they are played back with 7MC's built-in player.

Geoff Coupe
post #925 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

I have an Nvidia 430 and I will get stuttering and the Video will jump ahead and pause until the audio catches up. This will happen once or twice a movie. I only started experiencing since moving to TMT5.
post #926 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Are you guy's streaming BD from a folder or ISO? I'm using folders right now, but I'm constantly running into stuttering problems. I'm wondering if switching it to an ISO would alleviate this problem.
post #927 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanInc View Post

Are you guy's streaming BD from a folder or ISO? I'm using folders right now, but I'm constantly running into stuttering problems. I'm wondering if switching it to an ISO would alleviate this problem.

No.
post #928 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoupe View Post

Interesting, I have the ATI 5670 also, and I'm seeing the same issue on Blu-ray playback.

I should point out though, that (a) I never saw this with TMT3 and (b) streamed DVDs don't exhibit this - but then again, they are played back with 7MC's built-in player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadmanInc View Post

I'm having this issue from BR optical disk playback. I have not tested with folder or iso playback.
post #929 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:

Anyone know if there are still bl-ray stutter/sync bugs with the latest patch?

As with every version of TMT, PDVD, and WinDVD ever released, it will stutter for some people, and be fine for others. With software players, it's all about the specific environment. That's a really annoying aspect of the PC platform, but it's the reality. You can't really generalize to the extent you're asking. It tends to be better to go with the more precise question of "Is anyone with hardware X and software Y able to get stutter free playback with media Z?" Then you get a clear answer about whether people in an environment similar to yours are generally having trouble or not.
post #930 of 3685 Old 02-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapone View Post

No.

Doh... thanks!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version