post #1081 of 3674 Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kano View Post

Hi There.

Just wondering on the current status of TMT5 and what is needed for BR3D playback (1080P).

Currently I have tmt5, a 3d TV (samsung PS50C7000), HDMI 1.3 receiver and AMD 4670.
Forgetting about the receiver for now and concentrating just on the full 1080P playback with HDMI from HTPC direct to the TV. I need to upgrade my video card to a new Nvidia (GT430 for example) card or a 6XXX series AMD.

Right. You need NV 2xx/4xx or AMD 6xxx and you'll have to bypass that AVR for now.

Quote:

If I go with the AMD path do I need to purchase a 3rd party 3D driver (iZ3D) or will the device work with TMT5 without the 3rd party driver?

Not for watching Blu-ray 3D in TMT. (There may be additional requirements for 3D gaming I'm unaware of.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 3674 Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM

Liked: 10
I logged on just to add one more report of TMT5 stuttering badly with ATI CCC drivers. I get stutter every 2 seconds or so. I read through this entire thread and it seems a solution does not yet exist.

I'm running Vista 32-bit (fully up to date) and have tried with Catalyst 10.11, 10.12, and 11.2 - Radeon 4670 card. Makes no difference - TMT5 always stutters. But TMT3 works just fine in all these configurations!

The only workaround I was able to find is to go in the video control panel, turn hardware acceleration off - no more stutter. Then I can turn hw accel back on -stutter does NOT reappear. Pretty annoying to do this for every single disc!

In my opinion this is clearly an issue between the ATI driver and TMT5. Would be interesting to see who fixes it first - ATI or Arcsoft! I think we got enough of the finger pointing so far. Just hoping for a timely fix.
post #1083 of 3674 Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 AM

vzane,do you have both TMT3 and 5 on the same Vista installation ? It wasn't a pb with different Powerdvd versions but with TMT...
Plus after reading countless feedbacks,it seems that 10.8 will really be the last decent driver for HD4xxx (Caution:I'm still on XP/32)
I have now TMT5 .187,10.8 with HD4770 and it works flawlessly.
post #1084 of 3674 Old 02-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post

vzane,do you have both TMT3 and 5 on the same Vista installation ? It wasn't a pb with different Powerdvd versions but with TMT...
Plus after reading countless feedbacks,it seems that 10.8 will really be the last decent driver for HD4xxx (Caution:I'm still on XP/32)
I have now TMT5 .187,10.8 with HD4770 and it works flawlessly.

I tried both ways. With TMT5 on top of TMT3, and TMT5 alone (I have uninstalled TMT3 and even cleaned up the registry and hard drive from any Arcsoft traces I could find). It made no difference - stutter was still there.

As for ATI drivers, the only combination that solved all my problems with color levels and HDMI audio (long story) was video driver from 10.12 and audio driver from 10.11, or the current 11.2 which works quite well for me - except this Arcsoft issue.

Once again TMT3 worked just fine in all these configurations, so I don't see why TMT5 could not.

Thanks!
post #1085 of 3674 Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzane View Post

I tried both ways. With TMT5 on top of TMT3, and TMT5 alone (I have uninstalled TMT3 and even cleaned up the registry and hard drive from any Arcsoft traces I could find). It made no difference - stutter was still there.

As for ATI drivers, the only combination that solved all my problems with color levels and HDMI audio (long story) was video driver from 10.12 and audio driver from 10.11, or the current 11.2 which works quite well for me - except this Arcsoft issue.

Once again TMT3 worked just fine in all these configurations, so I don't see why TMT5 could not.

Thanks!

You don't have simHD enabled? Any video processing settings?
post #1086 of 3674 Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post

I haven't tried it, but it looks like it should work. I am going to give it a try tonight with Media Browser and TMT 5.

Did you get a chance to try out 12Noon Display Changer with TMT5 / MB? I'm tempted to play with it but don't want to waste my time if it's known not to work.

Thanks!
post #1087 of 3674 Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraWerner

Did you get a chance to try out 12Noon Display Changer with TMT5 / MB? I'm tempted to play with it but don't want to waste my time if it's known not to work.

Thanks!
Sorry, I haven't. A few things have kept me too busy to get around to it. I will have some time on Friday, and will give it a try then.
post #1088 of 3674 Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kano View Post

You don't have simHD enabled? Any video processing settings?

SimHD kicks in when you are watching SD/DVD content - it is the upscaling feature. I was playing Blu-Rays and HD-DVD's; did not try with SD content. BD's and HD-DVD's alike stutter in an identical way.
post #1089 of 3674 Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

Using TMT5 with latest driver .187; Asus HDAV Deluxe 3.1; Nvidia 275; Win7 32bits and connection by analogue.

Could play most of the ripped blu ray except for A-Team; Knight & Day and Date Line. Any one has similar setup and experience the same problem? Those who have managed to play fine, please share your tips. Thanks.

Solved the problem and due to the upgrade from XP to Win7 32bits plus from TMT3 to TMT5, a few ripped blu ray movies got entangled and could not play. So, had to ripped the same blu ray movies and all is fine.....
post #1090 of 3674 Old 02-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

sorry to repeat but can someone else confirm that, at least with SD DVD's, enabling HW acceleration causes artifacts?

regardless of configuration: ati/nvidia/drivers/ even different pc using PDVD this happens!
cant see any difference with leaving HW unticked apart from lack of artifacts though
post #1091 of 3674 Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM

No, that's not typical.

If it's happening in TMT and PDVD, you've likely got some more generic issue with the drivers or possibly even hardware.
post #1092 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcSoft_Jason View Post

No, that's not typical.

If it's happening in TMT and PDVD, you've likely got some more generic issue with the drivers or possibly even hardware.

thanks
i appreciate its not an ArcSoft problem.
i have tried it on two completely different pc's with both ati and nvidia cards. the ONLY thing the pc's have in common is the same version of windows 7 installed

note: PDVD does not come anywhere near to comparing to TMT for any video playback due to its extremely bad interface alone. you can't even navigate to folders to play back files for instance
post #1093 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post

sorry to repeat but can someone else confirm that, at least with SD DVD's, enabling HW acceleration causes artifacts?

regardless of configuration: ati/nvidia/drivers/ even different pc using PDVD this happens!
cant see any difference with leaving HW unticked apart from lack of artifacts though

I have not experienced this. I have HW acceleration turned on, simhd on lowest setting, amd 5670 with cat 11.2, and win7 32bit.
post #1094 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post

thanks
i appreciate its not an ArcSoft problem.
i have tried it on two completely different pc's with both ati and nvidia cards. the ONLY thing the pc's have in common is the same version of windows 7 installed

That would be pretty unusual since most customers seem to be on W7 without problem (and anecdotally I'm running half a dozen test systems with W7 and a variety of hardware fine.)

It almost sounds like a dirty disc (or damaged rip/file), but I wouldn't really expect hardware accelleration on/off to be related to that.

It would seem there must be some other commonality between the two systems.
post #1095 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Does anyone know if TMT5 plays back files captured with the Hauppauge HD-PVR in 5.1 audio?

I do not endorse any products that may be advertised within my posts.
post #1096 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM

Hi there!

My HTPC started with an Asus hdav slim together with TMT3.
Last week I got rid of my Asus and graphics (HD3650) card and replaced it with a new HD 6850.
I also upgraded to TMT5 on the day when patch ..87 came out, I was pretty happy when I learned that I seem to have picked the right day after reading this thread here (all pages!).

For DVDs and BluRays I use TMT5 WMC7 plug In together with MediaBrowser - all movies are folder rips, all audio is bitstreaming of course.
Well, first I used the Realtek HDMI drivers, but Dolby TrueHD bistream didn't work (pcm and loud noise!), funny but DTS MA worked...
I was glad to find this thread here and by accident I found the reason - only ATI drivers do the trick with HD audio, so I did that and it workes.
Saved me lots of trouble and time I guess.

Everything works perfectly except these hiccups sometimes that many guys seem to experience.Short freezes or stutter, hdd lights are constantly flashing in these seconds and then sound catches up again - all in all about a 5-6 seconds hiccup/stutter.
I can't reproduce it and still try to figure out what causes this, but it seems that the C drive is under stress when this happens.
There is no antivirus active and indexing is also off - no background process running that stresses the cpu really hard.
Well I do have something under suspicion: the mediabrowser service, introduced with 2.3.0.

For MKV I use WMC7 with ffdshow/Haali, audio is bitstreaming perfectly within WMC7 too.

Of course I would like to have a good mkv support in TMT5, quality seems to be great, but I miss the option to switch audio streams or subtitles.
Anyways, WMC7 and the codecs (shark007 pack) do that for me, so I am satisfied.

Ok, now my question:
I learned that I should deactivate hardware acceleration in TMT5.
What about the video settings in ATI CCC?
After installation of the latest driver there were various options that haven't been there with my HD3650 (old crap I know).

I posted some screens and maybe someone can point out what options to activate and what and why not.
I understand that these settings interfer with TMt5 when hardware acceleration is enabled, but do they kinda mess up the picture when using other players?

And what pixel settings would be best to use?

Thanks!

post #1097 of 3674 Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xXx View Post

Everything works perfectly except these hiccups sometimes that many guys seem to experience.Short freezes or stutter, hdd lights are constantly flashing in these seconds and then sound catches up again - all in all about a 5-6 seconds hiccup/stutter.
I can't reproduce it and still try to figure out what causes this, but it seems that the C drive is under stress when this happens.
There is no antivirus active and indexing is also off - no background process running that stresses the cpu really hard.
Well I do have something under suspicion: the mediabrowser service, introduced with 2.3.0.

You might be on to something with the mediabrowser service. I haven't seen the freezes with MM3 WMC7x64 TMT5.187 & ATI 5570 (10.9eCCC) (all BD & SD Movies are in folder rips). I used to get somthing similar when demigrater service would kick in on my WHS. Typcially, this service would hit my HDD's hard with lots of I/O activity and then the movie would start stuttering and freezing.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #1098 of 3674 Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:

For MKV I use WMC7 with ffdshow/Haali, audio is bitstreaming perfectly within WMC7 too.

Of course I would like to have a good mkv support in TMT5, quality seems to be great, but I miss the option to switch audio streams or subtitles.
Anyways, WMC7 and the codecs (shark007 pack) do that for me, so I am satisfied.

Ok, now my question:
I learned that I should deactivate hardware acceleration in TMT5.
What about the video settings in ATI CCC?
After installation of the latest driver there were various options that haven't been there with my HD3650 (old crap I know).

I don't have a problem with the media browser service, but my C: drive is a SSD (OCZ Vertex2). That may not be a good apples to apples comparison due to the difference in IOPS. It should be easy enough to test this though, just disable the service.

Are your movies stored on the same physical drive as your OS and apps?

What does the shark codec pack give you that you are not getting from something else? The reason I ask is because I seem to read a lot of people having issues with codec packs? Maybe we can find another alternative that still satisfies your needs.

Are you saying that you should deactivate hardware acceleration to see if it fixes the problem, or leave it off for some other reason?
post #1099 of 3674 Old 02-26-2011, 07:59 AM

- My movies are all on different harddrives, Win7 has its own partition.
Could be also that it stresses the hdd with the videofile I just watch,cant tell exactly.
- disabling MediaBrowser service is not an option because it automatically starts everytime you use MediaBrowser. It's not really a big issue and in case its MB related it will be fixed soon because this service is new to MB anyways.

- Sharks codecpacks makes it easier, I have ffdshow and Haali united within a single UI.I watch everything within WMC and in ordrr to get bitstream you need to disable windows divx media splitter and I dont want to hack the registry.
Sharks codecpack is really good now,stable and all hacks are fully reversible.It had its issues a year ago and 99% of all codecpack related problems came from k-light crap,not sharks.
- I want to know whats better, hw acc off or on and whats the difference inTMT besides the fact that it saves cpu power.
- I still have lots of DVDs and want to use SimHD, is ther a difference when hw acc is enabled?
- what are the benefits and disadvantages of the Ati drivers options I posted?

Thanks much
post #1100 of 3674 Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM

Hi,

I just purchased TMT5. I was hoping to have an easy to use setup with HD audio playback capabilities. I have had some frustrating audio problems. I have the following setup:

i3-550 with onboard graphics
Gigabyte USB3-H55 Mini ITX board
Sony 6400 ES receiver
Sony VPL-VW60 projector.
Win 7 64 Pro w SP1

My setup worked fine for playback of audio and video before installing TMT5. Whenever I play a mp4 or mkv video file with TMT5 I get video but no audio. Interestingly, no other audio plays on my system while TMT5 is playing a mp4 or mkv video file. I checked my audio devices and no changes were made. I next tried to start a video file with TMT while WM player was playing a mp3. The mp3 playback halted and it said that the audio device was no longer accessible. Once I close TMT5 everything is back to normal. Next, I tried opening a blu ray folder. TMT5 proceeded to play perfect HD audio and my receiver even lit up. Unfortunately, there was consistently no video and the player was unresponsive.

One peculiarity I did notice was that any changes I tried on AV center were reversed and not accessible when an actual video was playing.

Any ideas?
post #1101 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXscreen View Post

Hi,

I just purchased TMT5. I was hoping to have an easy to use setup with HD audio playback capabilities. I have had some frustrating audio problems. I have the following setup:

i3-550 with onboard graphics
Gigabyte USB3-H55 Mini ITX board
Sony 6400 ES receiver
Sony VPL-VW60 projector.
Win 7 64 Pro w SP1

My setup worked fine for playback of audio and video before installing TMT5. Whenever I play a mp4 or mkv video file with TMT5 I get video but no audio. Interestingly, no other audio plays on my system while TMT5 is playing a mp4 or mkv video file. I checked my audio devices and no changes were made. I next tried to start a video file with TMT while WM player was playing a mp3. The mp3 playback halted and it said that the audio device was no longer accessible. Once I close TMT5 everything is back to normal. Next, I tried opening a blu ray folder. TMT5 proceeded to play perfect HD audio and my receiver even lit up. Unfortunately, there was consistently no video and the player was unresponsive.

One peculiarity I did notice was that any changes I tried on AV center were reversed and not accessible when an actual video was playing.

Any ideas?

My first question would be why are you trying to play videos with 2 different players at the same time. I believe that TMT takes exclusive control of the audio card in order to bitstream. So trying to play something else with another player at the same time is just asking for trouble.
post #1102 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM

Mopar,

The only reason I used another player at that time was to test if it was a system issue or TMT issue. I only tried this after TMT failed to play audio. By using WMP I determined that while TMT was trying to play the file, no audio was being produced by any program. TMT's address of my sound device somehow stops any audio on my system. I have read several other comments of people with trouble with Win 7 64 SP1. I tried it on my desktop(which does not have HDMI audio) and had no problems. Has anybody else out there tried TMT with Win 7 64 SP1 with HDMI audio?

Thanks
post #1103 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:

- My movies are all on different harddrives, Win7 has its own partition.
Could be also that it stresses the hdd with the videofile I just watch,cant tell exactly.
- disabling MediaBrowser service is not an option because it automatically starts everytime you use MediaBrowser. It's not really a big issue and in case its MB related it will be fixed soon because this service is new to MB anyways.

- Sharks codecpacks makes it easier, I have ffdshow and Haali united within a single UI.I watch everything within WMC and in ordrr to get bitstream you need to disable windows divx media splitter and I dont want to hack the registry.
Sharks codecpack is really good now,stable and all hacks are fully reversible.It had its issues a year ago and 99% of all codecpack related problems came from k-light crap,not sharks.
- I want to know whats better, hw acc off or on and whats the difference inTMT besides the fact that it saves cpu power.
- I still have lots of DVDs and want to use SimHD, is ther a difference when hw acc is enabled?
- what are the benefits and disadvantages of the Ati drivers options I posted?

Thanks much

You can go into the Services applet and disable it which will prevent it from starting. If it isn't a problem, then you can go back and switch it to manual or automatic, whatever it was set to before.

That is the only benefit of having HW accel on, is that it saves CPU processing. I leave it on because I want my CPU free to do other tasks like process TV recordings for commercials. There is no reason to leave it off unless you are one of the unlucky few that are having issues with it on. There should be no visual difference with it on or off unless it is causing stuttering for some odd reason which isn't typical.
post #1104 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Mopar,

The only reason I used another player at that time was to test if it was a system issue or TMT issue. I only tried this after TMT failed to play audio. By using WMP I determined that while TMT was trying to play the file, no audio was being produced by any program. TMT's address of my sound device somehow stops any audio on my system. I have read several other comments of people with trouble with Win 7 64 SP1. I tried it on my desktop(which does not have HDMI audio) and had no problems. Has anybody else out there tried TMT with Win 7 64 SP1 with HDMI audio?

Thanks

I'm not having any audio problems since upgrading to SP1. 64 bit, as well.
post #1105 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Can anybody who has this title confirm/deny problems playing it with TMT 5.0.1.87?

On my Win 7 64bit ATI 5850 Catalyst v11.2 system this disc seems to be a problem child on TMT 5.0.1.87 (long hangs, black screen on startup).

TMT 3.0.1.185 plays it fine.

Just wanted to corroborate before contacting Arcsoft customer support.
post #1106 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabl View Post

Can anybody who has this title confirm/deny problems playing it with TMT 5.0.1.87?

On my Win 7 64bit ATI 5850 Catalyst v11.2 system this disc seems to be a problem child on TMT 5.0.1.87 (long hangs, black screen on startup).

Could be a ReClock problem. Try playing it without ReClock in the chain and see if that makes any difference.
post #1107 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Mopar,

Thanks

Sorry I only run 32bit
post #1108 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Could be a ReClock problem. Try playing it without ReClock in the chain and see if that makes any difference.

Without ReClock TMT 5.0.1.87 crashes immediately.
post #1109 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Without ReClock TMT 5.0.1.87 crashes immediately.

Perfect. Glad I could help! sigh. That sucks. Yea, I'd report it to CS. I don't have that BD. It's on the list of movies I need to grab at some point but I haven't yet.
post #1110 of 3674 Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Perfect. Glad I could help! sigh. That sucks. Yea, I'd report it to CS. I don't have that BD. It's on the list of movies I need to grab at some point but I haven't yet.

Jason at Arcsoft happened to have the disc and tested it successfully on both nvidia and ati systems.

Based on that I re-installed the .87 patch and TMT 5 played the disc fine.

So it looks like the problem is with reclock.

Reinstalling reclock 1.8.7.3 caused the bad behavior again. The title will hang at the second opening screen after he interpol warning 'the views expressed in the interviews and commentary' when reclock is enabled and nothing short of re-installing the .87 patch will cause TMT 5 to play it again afterwards.

I'll followup with Slysoft, I have a reclock log.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page