AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

No issues with HDDVD.

Thank you for confirming this! I bought a bunch of HD DVDs for $2~3 each and they make up majority of my HD collection so it's good to know they're still supported in the latest version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
But, I am afraid there are issues regarding HD DVD.
The standalone player seems ok and played all the HD DVD isos I tried without issues.
The MCE player just hangs on the screen wich shows your computer drives. The iso is mounted but you can only hear the sound of the movie without picture (the screen with the computer drives remains). I am not sure if this is caused by MyMovies, although BD ISOS play fine.
post #93 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by renethx View Post

MKV in TMT5

Improvements over TMT3:

- Chapters: Supported [Good]
- Audio: Primary track only [No good]

- Dolby TrueHD: Supported, but always decoded and downsampled to 48/16 [At least we can hear sound, a minor improvement]
- DTS-HD: Core only; always decoded [No good]
- FLAC: No sound [No good]

- Subtitles: External ones (SRT, SUB, SSA, ASS) only [Better than none]

ArcSoft MVK Splitter is one of the inferior MVK splitters (no selection of audio streams, no support for subtitle streams).

MKV in TMT5 for WMC

No MKV support [No good]

ArcSoft codecs outside TMT5

You can use them outside TMT5 exactly in the same way as this. But HD audio (TrueHD, DTS-HD) is always downsampled to 48/16. You have to use ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD in TMT2 or TMT3 for bit-perfect HD audio decoding.

Very confused by this.

No MKV in WMC? (their website seems to say it does:
http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/softwar...=TMT5P#submenu )

So are they wrong?

I'm going to assume no X64 CODECs, so damn on that (I keep looking for something reliable to take over for MS's)

DTS-HD Core only.. when outputting PCM, or no bitstream out support?

While it may work inside it's area of WMC, does the decoder work elsewhere, ala, just anything in your 'My Videos' file or MyMovies as mentioned, or do you need the registry hack (linked in the bottom) same as TMT3 to make that function?
post #94 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post

Has anyone been able to get TMT5 to playback folders within WMC and MyMovies? This has always worked before, but now when I launch a movie TMT 5 launches and brings me to the disc screen where obviously there is no disc. I have MyMovies online folder pointed to the volume id (mediaserver1\\BDMovies\\Being There\\volume id (BeingThere), I have also tried pointing it at BDMV and Streams and also online files pointed at index.bdmv but nothing I do works.

I'm having the same issue with Media Browser. I cannot launch BDMV folders. TMT 3 worked fine.
post #95 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yep, I get the same, no go in Mediabrowser. But I'm going to try this with MKV external.. hmm. I'm going out to a Denon 4806CI for this, so LPCM all the way here, we'll see what results. Using a 5670 Video..
post #96 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Has anyone been able to get TMT5 to playback folders within WMC and MyMovies? This has always worked before, but now when I launch a movie TMT 5 launches and brings me to the disc screen where obviously there is no disc. I have MyMovies online folder pointed to the volume id (mediaserver1\\BDMovies\\Being There\\volume id (BeingThere), I have also tried pointing it at BDMV and Streams and also online files pointed at index.bdmv but nothing I do works.

No. Not.yet. I usually rip to ISO but I keep a couple of BD's ripped to folders for testing and so far I've not been able to get MM to play them. In fact trying causes the MM external player launcher to hang in the background.

Playing ISO'S only uses the MC autoplay function so works fine.

I think this may be a question for Brian but I'm still experimenting.

Wo0zy

Edit Looks like editing the ExternalPlayers.xml is required. Testing now.
post #97 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehowell View Post

I'm having the same issue with Media Browser. I cannot launch BDMV folders. TMT 3 worked fine.

Hmmmm, same thing happen when TMT3 came out, you would have thought they would have learned. If I recall it was 2-3 months before a patch fixed it. Guess I won't install any time soon, all of my stuff is folders.
post #98 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Jason is being quiet on this issue of Folder structure playback within WMC/MyMovies or MediaBowser which concerns me.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #99 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy View Post

No. Not.yet. I usually rip to ISO but I keep a couple of BD's ripped to folders for testing and so far I've not been able to get MM to play them. In fact trying causes the MM external player launcher to hang in the background.

Playing ISO'S only uses the MC autoplay function so works fine.

I think this may be a question for Brian but I'm still experimenting.

Wo0zy

Edit Looks like editing the ExternalPlayers.xml is required. Testing now.

let us know if you come up with anything - I did modify the xml file so I could get the option of using TMT5 folders as an external player which I get but it doesn't play anything. I think maybe some parameters need to be added to get it too work.

HTPCat

post #100 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Just upgraded. Not impressed at all. I'm getting choppy playback on DVDs. Can't even get BD folders to play. This is in the stand alone player. Can't get anything to launch from inside Media Browser even after adding \\index.bdmv and \\video_tx.ifo to the {0} paramters.

Even when I do play DVDs in the stand alone player, it's horrible. SimHD refuses to turn as well.
post #101 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

let us know if you come up with anything - I did modify the xml file so I could get the option of using TMT5 folders as an external player which I get but it doesn't play anything. I think maybe some parameters need to be added to get it too work.

I'll keep playing but based on Brian's response to you on the MM forum, I'm not sure there's much chance of it working for the moment.

As you said above perhaps Jason can confirm if it's even possible.

I'm glad I stuck with ISO

BR

Wo0zy
post #102 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Only had limited time to play tonight but just noticed the "TMT Server" tray icon as I was shutting down.
post #103 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM

I just discovered another bug that might affect those using two monitors.

When TMT5 is launched from Media Center it's opening in a window on the opposite monitor to where Media Center is running!
post #104 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I have been playing around with it using iso files playing from within WMC and MM3 and I don't see a way to set the uMCEPlayer5.exe to NOT disable AERO. This can be done in playback settings on the standalone application.

HTPCat

post #105 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll keep playing but based on Brian's response to you on the MM forum, I'm not sure there's much chance of it working for the moment.

BR

Wo0zy

Yeah, I have been going back and forth between folders and isos the last couple of years, folders always wins out becuz it was one less bit of mounting the iso and using another piece of software VCD. I am preparing myself for the task of converting all my files to iso's or at least all of my DVD's which is where I believe most of the improvement has been made as far as picture quality is concerned. I could then just use TMT3 for BD and TMT5 for DVD's.

HTPCat

post #106 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Can anyone tell me if TMT5 in media center continues to play when you back out of what's playing and browse other titles? Similar to the native player in Media Center?
post #107 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:

I'm glad I've stuck with TMT3.
post #108 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 11:56pm
TMT3 with SimHD will play movies natively from Win7 Media Center Movie Library by creating a folder BDMV alongside with VIDEO_TS, for example, STAR_TREK as primary folder, then two subfolders BDMV and VIDEO_TS. After clicking on a boxcover Win7 Media Center will blankout momentarily then load TMT3 with SimHD activated, you also play the movie side-by-side.

Note for best performance, the movie needs to be run from the harddrive unless you have a high performance computer that can run the DVD from the DVD drive.

akkadian50001 View Drop Down
Members Profile
Find Members Posts

Quote akkadian50001
Edit Post
Quote akkadian50001 Quote Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:02am
I want to comment on my previous post of adding BDMV, that I did pay the $50 extra for MyMovies Collection Managerc feature of being able to change under Tools, Options then External Players the DVD File Structure (VIDEO_TS) setting to TotalMedia Theatre 3. You can have a sort of dead end with MyMovies (you have to submit every single movie you have that is not in their collection, for example, personal family DVD movies can't be added to their database), and you can't see the boxcover under My Movies (plug-in under Media Center).

Since all my movies and personal boxcovers are under the Win7 MCE default Movie Library, I really just wanted TMT3 with SimHD to open up all my DVDs, thus adding BDMV along with VIDEO_TS was the solution that worked for me.

ArcSoft_Jason View Drop Down
Members Profile
Find Members Posts

Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote ArcSoft_Jason
Quote ArcSoft_Jason Quote Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by HETUZAR

Dear Friends

Is there any chance to add support for BDMV Folder Structures in MediaCenterPlugin?
The main TMT3 is able to play BDMV, but it's not supported in MediaCenterPlugin.

It's a bit tough to figure out what you mean, but as akadian50001 noted the MCE plug in does support this if you use the Movie Library (or similar 3rd party applications) to select the folder structure and pass it along to the player plug-in.
Members Profile
Find Members Posts

Quote akkadian50001
Edit Post
Quote akkadian50001 Quote Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 12:19pm
Exactly, after installing TMT3 with SimHD, all you have to do is create BDMV folder right next to VIDEO_TS (this is for playing DVD vobs, DVDs from your collection on harddrive), and then when you use the default Win7 Media Center My Movies, you click on a boxcover, and TMT3 plug-in will load wait a few seconds and you are now playing your DVD upscaled (you can select various SimHD options), like info, split screen, etc., and adjust those settings.

The best settings for me is using CPU (E5300 Acer Media computer) instead of ATI Stream (since I have an ATI 5770 card) and having Dynamic Lights either off or set to the lowest level 1. Sharpness I have at 2.

Members Profile
Find Members Posts

Quote akkadian50001
Edit Post
Delete Post
Quote akkadian50001 Quote Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 7:34pm
Upgraded to TMT5, all functionality using TMT3 described above doesn't work anymore; weird.
TMT5 doesn't see any of my DVD collection that is on the harddrive? whereas TMT3 did immediately from Win 7 Media Center 'default' My Movies

disappointed; it did however install TMT5 alongside TMT3, i plan to uninstall TMT5 soon, don't want the functionality to continue to be broken
post #109 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Can anyone tell me if TMT5 in media center continues to play when you back out of what's playing and browse other titles? Similar to the native player in Media Center?

I don't see this happenning when I play an iso image within WMC/MyMovies - I haven't tried launching straight from WMC - lets see I will do that now - nope it doesn't do that either.

HTPCat

post #110 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BR

Wo0zy

Jason just posted a hotfix for folder playback - not sure if will work in connection with MyMovies. http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/pat..._hotfix_01.zip

HTPCat

post #111 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 PM

Well done. New version, new thread, new bugs and screw-ups. Endless fun.
post #112 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

OK Jason just posted a hotfix for folder playback - I have installed and it works for WMC/MM3 folders http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/pat..._hotfix_01.zip you will have to modify externalplayers.xml to point to the uMCEPlayer5.exe - that's it. Very quick turnaround Jason - Thanks!

HTPCat

post #113 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Guess I'll let you all beta this thing and maybe upgrade my TMT 3 later on.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #114 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I'm only using the trial, but it doesn't appear to support bitstreaming on my ATI 6850 like PowerDVD 10 does.

It's a shame, since the Media Center interface is excellent.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #115 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmservo View Post

Very confused by this.

No MKV in WMC? (their website seems to say it does:
http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/softwar...=TMT5P#submenu )

So are they wrong?

I don't see where it says it does. Will you cite the sentences from the website if exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmservo View Post

I'm going to assume no X64 CODECs

DTS-HD Core only.. when outputting PCM, or no bitstream out support?

does the decoder work elsewhere

TMT5 is a 32-bit application.

Every audio format supported (TrueHD, DTS, AC3) is decoded to 48/16 LPCM. No exception.

Yes, every ArcSoft codec can be used in any DirectShow media player (and eac3to). See my previous post to see how. ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD suffers from downsampling.
post #116 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

I just tried the Trial version, which I assume is the same of buying it. First time I tried TMT in awhile. Its not working very good for me though. Bitstreaming audio for a ATI 5xxx card isn't working unless I change from one audio track, then back. I either get no audio or just stereo when first starting.

But then after bitstreaming is working, if I FF or RR then the audio goes away and won't come back.

I also get choppy video by just moving the mouse around on the screen. I have none of these problems with Powerdvd 10 at this time.
post #117 of 3674 Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK Jason just posted a hotfix for folder playback - I have installed and it works for WMC/MM3 folders http://www.arcsoft.com/downloads/pat..._hotfix_01.zip you will have to modify externalplayers.xml to point to the uMCEPlayer5.exe - that's it. Very quick turnaround Jason - Thanks!

Good news. Thanks for the info!

Wo0zy
post #118 of 3674 Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 AM

Liked: 15
Jason, if you're listening I would appreciate if you can find the time to answer a query for me.
Currently I have the xonar slim, using the Asus TMT3 Platinum version that came with it. Is it possible for me to do an upgrade to version 5?
I tried entering the serial number but it wasn't working..
post #119 of 3674 Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member

Arcsoft have regular discount promotions for TMT. Has anyone spotted a promotion for TMT v5 yet?
post #120 of 3674 Old 11-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_kano View Post

Jason, if you're listening I would appreciate if you can find the time to answer a query for me.
Currently I have the xonar slim, using the Asus TMT3 Platinum version that came with it. Is it possible for me to do an upgrade to version 5?
I tried entering the serial number but it wasn't working..

I guess you're only entitled to an upgrade version if have at least one previously registered TMT or TME2 or something... with Arcsoft...

I may be wrong though...
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page