Approximate Purchase Date: Soon, might be the current/next month. Would it be better to wait?
Budget Range: <$2000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: HTPC, Gaming, Graphic applications (3D Rendering, Photo retouch etc ...), Other random stuff
Parts Not Required: Listed below
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Preferably amazon because of no tax and free shipping, but things that are out of stock on amazon I can go to newegg or maybe tiger direct.
Country of Origin: Israel, but I can order from the US as well.
Parts Preferences: by brand or type: Intel/AMD CPU and preferably top of the line video card
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in future.. probably not.
Monitor Resolution: Will be connected to a 720p 42" LCD Screen and in the future will be 42-45" 1080p LCD screen
Additional Comments: (by priority)
- I need a very quiet HTPC (even on gaming) so there's a priority for passive cooling components or very silent (no water cooling)
- Shall be connected to a receiver (might be onkyo tx-sr607), so I'll need the most advanced audio formats supported
- Power consumption should be as low as possible (mainly on idle)
- Stylish but sleek and simple look - in order to get my wife confirmation and in order to comply with my living room smooth and sleek look
- Fast - I like quick and fluent windows menus, home theater applicaitions running smoothly and it shall be also used for 3D homeplan rendering (but that's the lowest priority)
Parts I have in mind (Any insight or suggestions on these would be helpful):
CPU: Intel i5-760
CPU Cooler: SCYTHE SHURIKEN Rev.B
MOB: Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 (Kinda lost here, not updated with all the new features ...)
Case: Silverstone Grandia GD05 (Kinda old model, but it suppose to be quiet and sleek designed, isn't it?)
1. OCZ VERTEX 30GB (Already have it) (OS+Apps)
2. WD 2TB 7200RPM 64MB GREEN SATA2, WD20EARS
or 2 X 1TB Samsung F3 SpinPoint (Heavy Apps+Storage)
- HIS Silence H555HB512 Radeon HD 5550 512MB
- GIGABYTE GV-R575SL-1GI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
Memory: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333, 1.35v, 7-7-7-21, CL7 240-pin DIMM
PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 500W
Keyboard: LOGITECH BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD DINOVO EDGE - or - PERIXX-708 (Again, need your help here as well)
Remote control: Logitech Harmony one (Already have it)
More General questions:
- Any good AMD alternative to fullfil all requirements? which components should I add to it?
- Will all my components can be attached together in this suggested case?
- How much power or $ will I save if using for example Intel i3 core instead? or any AMD CPU will < 95W power consumption? does it worth the effort?