Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello everyone.
Currently I am ripping my BRD's to MKV, but I think I would like to rip them to BRD Folder rips going forward.

When I rip to MKV, I use MakeMKV. Select the title, select lossless audio, and off it goes. The ripping time is dependent on the BRD drive, nothing else.

Back in the day, I tried ClowBD, and this seemed to work well enough, though it would have to extract the files, then remerge the files into the final BRD Folder format of my choosing, taking nearly twice the time.

Is there any way to go from disk or MKV to BRD Folders, keeping only the main movie and lossless audio, without this intermediate step?

"The satisfaction of a great price will be overshadowed by the bitterness of poor quality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Abear
You still measure your TV in "inches"? Thats so cute! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
DVD Fab!

One click to Folders or ISO.
DVD to DVD 5/9
BD to BD 25/50
Or to many portable formats too.
Comes with built in BD Decrypter.
Paid, not Free.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Ix
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
AnyDVD HD as well. Basically the same as DVD Fab (direct competitor). Also paid, but been around longer and they are good at updates every time new protection comes out.

If you are ripping BD disks you need/have one or the other anyway so might as well use them for this. There are free decrypters but none of them hold a candle to those two paid apps.
post #4 of 9 Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix View Post

AnyDVD HD as well. Basically the same as DVD Fab (direct competitor). Also paid, but been around longer and they are good at updates every time new protection comes out.

Unless AnyDVD has changed in the last year or so, it doesn't hold a candle to DVD Fab (just my opinion).
I have used both and as good (& early) as AnyDVD was, its not a full-featured ripper. It is more of a decrypter and an override/bypass utility for HD material and HDCP connections.
DVD Fab has a full featured ripper with a decrypter. It can rip Full Disc or Main Movie Title in both folder and ISO format. Also it allows you to pick & choose titles in case you want some titles in addition to the main movie title.
Also, it can convert to other formats including portable media formats.

The two programs are only similar to the extent that both can be used for BD ripping; beyond that DVD Fab is at a whole other level compared to AnyDVD. It can do what AnyDVD can, however AnyDVD can't do all that DVD Fab can (something that OP wants).
post #5 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ix View Post

If you are ripping BD disks you need/have one or the other anyway so might as well use them for this. There are free decrypters but none of them hold a candle to those two paid apps.

Last I saw, AnyDVD was not able to select the main movie and extract just that, it was only able to take the whole disk. Please correct me if I am wrong..

"The satisfaction of a great price will be overshadowed by the bitterness of poor quality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Abear
You still measure your TV in "inches"? Thats so cute! :D
post #6 of 9 Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM

hd decrypter with DVD Fab is actually free. i think the paid version adds all the other file formats like avi, mkv, and the burning featurs.

DVDfabs website has a section for free software and i downloaded hd decrypter... which is dvd fab 8 i believe and i rip main movie and full disc blu-ray and dvd no problem.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 07:34 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwheezy75 View Post

hd decrypter with DVD Fab is actually free. i think the paid version adds all the other file formats like avi, mkv, and the burning featurs.

DVDfabs website has a section for free software and i downloaded hd decrypter... which is dvd fab 8 i believe and i rip main movie and full disc blu-ray and dvd no problem.

The HD Decrypter from DVD Fab is free however I don't think the BD ripper is free once past the trial period plus the HD Decrypter is not updated as fast as the paid subscriptions. For instance it's going to be about a month before you'll be able to rip The Last Airbender with the free version.

I've been using DVD Fab for at least five, probably close to ten years now and never had an issue with it.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Send a message via AIM to msmCutter Send a message via Skype™ to msmCutter
Do either of these act like a player as well? And you have no HDMI problems? Can you stream these rips over your network? It'd be nice to have total access to the whole library from every room in the house.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-24-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynde View Post

The HD Decrypter from DVD Fab is free however I don't think the BD ripper is free once past the trial period plus the HD Decrypter is not updated as fast as the paid subscriptions. For instance it's going to be about a month before you'll be able to rip The Last Airbender with the free version.

I've been using DVD Fab for at least five, probably close to ten years now and never had an issue with it.

interesting, i wasnt aware of that. Ive had it for some time now and it hasnt ran out of the trial. I havent had any problems ripping movies but i havent tried anything like the last airbender.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page