Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post

It's included in the Movies submenu of most skins

It's also an option on the remote of the web interface
Thanks, I don't know how I missed it.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs, (2) Klipsch KP3002s, PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Monoprice Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 SUPER SPUD subs, Panasonic AE8000us SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Yamaha P7000s (for the subs), (2) Yamaha P2500s amps for the front (3) bass bins.
post #3183 of 3291 Old 05-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post

Thanks. I finally got it working. It was indeed missing posters. Seems that the movie wall will revert to the folder.jpg image in each folder if there is no poster. However, the widgets seem to need a poster.jpg image in the folder to show up. I used the artwork down-loader to get posters for everything, so the artwork shows up in the widget. The only problem is that my perfect cover-art has now changed in the movie wall as it looks like it uses the poster.jpg image if it is there instead of folder.jpg. These were auto selected by artwork downloader.

That's a good find. I'm guessing (without trying to dig deeper into the skin code) that what is going on is that for video at least, there was at first the idea of a "thumbnail" and then it was expanded to include the concept of "poster" and "banner" with different aspects. It seems like if the skin requests a "poster" (or "banner") then XBMC assumes it wants that specific format. In the case of MQ5, it seems to display the widgets as a type "icon", which if the requested art isn't returned it displays an icon image as a fallback.

The alternative is for the skin to request a "thumb". In this case XBMC has a priority list of possible art that can be returned. It sounds like that is what is being done in the wall view. If a poster is available it will display that, if not will look for another thumb in this case the folder.jpg (it can also be that a video frame capture is used). BTW I also have seen that if the video is MP4 format and a cover is in the file metadata, it can be picked up as the thumb for the video.

scott s.
post #3184 of 3291 Old 06-02-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've set up all of my movies and TV shows with XBMC to my liking. I'm looking at adding a second setup. Is there a simple way to transfer the library over without having to re-scan every folder, etc? I see some options out there, but they look like they require a PC running, etc which I would like to avoid.

I tried backup/restore to a second XBMC, but it doesn't look like it worked that well. Most of the settings, etc for whatever reason don't look like they kept.
ellisr63 likes this.

I don't really like talking about my flair

Chromebox W/ XBMC For Sale
RTI T4 Remote For Sale:
post #3185 of 3291 Old 06-02-2014, 11:46 AM

Check out the XBMC Wiki entries on video and music library export and import.

scott s.
post #3186 of 3291 Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Is anyone successfully using XBMC to send content to a Set Top Blu Ray player via UPNP? I use XMBC on a HTPC on the 50" plasma in the living room. However, I have never been able to solve audio/sync issues using it on a HTPC in our front projector theater setup (1080p/24). I use either our Oppo Blu Ray Player or a Dune player in the theater, and these never have had an issue. However, the front end for either of these solutions is lacking compared to XBMC. Wondering if the "Play Using..." could be used to fix this.?

RTI T4 Remote For Sale:
post #3187 of 3291 Old 06-18-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 319
I've only successfully used upnp from one xbmc htpc to another

It should work on my smart tvs, but neither will support mkv. If I had avi or mp4 files it may work

Also, as to backing up and saving settings then transferring that to another xbmc box, I'm not sure there is a good way to do that. My settings only take about 3-5 minutes to redo, and it gets easy to remember after doing it a few times

I still use mysql to keep my xbmc boxes synchronized, and even it has quirks (just less than other options currently)
post #3188 of 3291 Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Can anyone help me with this? Setting up XBMC to close and restart itself using Windows Task Scheduler...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...935#pid1728935
post #3189 of 3291 Old 06-19-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Can anyone help me with this? Setting up XBMC to close and restart itself using Windows Task Scheduler...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...935#pid1728935
I'm no expert at XBMC, but...

If the script is running fine when you manually execute it, that makes me think one of two things is going on with the task... either the trigger for it isn't firing the task (Not sure what "Event: 300" is, or why it was chosen) or there is something wonky with the permissions/security. Is it set to execute with your credentials? Perhaps try running under admin or System.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
post #3190 of 3291 Old 06-19-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Ya, I'm already running admin. What happens is a little window in the corner pops up and asks me what program I want to use to open it, the thing is I've already set the default program for the script, and when I try to set it again it just does nothing but says it's running.
post #3191 of 3291 Old 06-19-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ya, I'm already running admin. What happens is a little window in the corner pops up and asks me what program I want to use to open it, the thing is I've already set the default program for the script, and when I try to set it again it just does nothing but says it's running.
What are you using for the script? Cscript.exe? Wscript.exe?

Have you tried temporarily disabling antivirus and running it? Lot's of AV programs love to monkey around with .vbs files.

RAID protection is only for failed drives. That's it. It's no replacement for a proper backup.
post #3192 of 3291 Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhieb View Post
What are you using for the script? Cscript.exe? Wscript.exe?

Have you tried temporarily disabling antivirus and running it? Lot's of AV programs love to monkey around with .vbs files.
I'm using Wscript.exe, but I tried switching to Cscript.exe and neither will launch the .vbs from Task Scheduler. AV on/off doesn't make a difference. Once it pops up I just select open with Microsoft console based script host and nothing happens.

Last edited by StinDaWg; 06-20-2014 at 12:42 AM.
post #3193 of 3291 Old 06-20-2014, 12:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm using Wscript.exe, but I tried switching to Cscript.exe and neither will launch the .vbs from Task Scheduler. AV on/off doesn't make a difference. Once it pops up I just select open with Microsoft console based script host and nothing happens.
Hmmm... anything of interest in Event Viewer?

post #3194 of 3291 Old 06-25-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

HTPC : Audio Basics

Outputting audio from your HTPC to your Audio-Video Receiver

There are 2 modes for connecting your HTPC to your AVR :
a) Bitstreaming via a digital connection

Bitstreaming (or pasthrough) means that the HTPC outputs the untouched audio stream to the Audi-Video receiver for decoding, and all of the decoding process is done on the AVR, nothing is being altered on the HTPC. DTS/DTS-HD Master Audio/Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital should appear on the display of the Audio-Video Receiver. Botstreming can be done via the 2 available digital connections :
  • Bitstreaming via HDMI - DTS-HD Master Audio*, Dolby TrueHD*, LPCM, DTS, Dolby Digital (AC3).
  • Bitstreaming via S/PDIF - DTS, Dolby Digital (AC3), 2 channel LPCM.
  •  
*Note : Only the following platforms can bitstream DTS-HD MA & TrueHD :
  • ATI/AMD HD5xxx/6xxx/7xxx and the E450/E350 APU series graphic cards
  • Nvidia GT430, GT440 & GT520, GTX560 and GT/GTX 6xx series graphic cards
  • Intel Core i3 (first and second generation and third) with integrated Intel HD 1000/2000/3000/2500/4000 GPU
  • Asus Xonar Hdav 1.3
b) Decoding the audio on the HTPC and outputting the audio either via an digital or analog connection

This is done by decoding the audio on your HTPC via a specific filter (XBMC internal decoders or the Total Media Theater 5 internal decoders) and outputting the analog signal via the analog connections of your soundcard to your amplifier/Audio-Video Receiver
  • XBMC audio decoder : Can decode Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD. Cannot decode DTS-HD Master Audio, it only decodes the "core" DTS stream
  • Total Media Theater 5 internal decoder : Can decode Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio

Has this list been updated anywhere? Any new cards supported now? Preferably something with 4k video output as well?
post #3195 of 3291 Old 06-25-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

How does the DLNA "Play Using" work? I've been toying around with this feature and my Blu Ray player that works as a Digital Media Renderer. The blu ray player shows up as a player in the context menu, and If I start playback from my XBMC HTPC (wired), it plays back perfectly on the Blu Ray player. (MKV Files are stored on a NAS on the LAN). I tried the same thing from my android tablet (wireless) and it stutters terribly. Once playback is pushed to the player, doesn't it remove itself from the playback path so the path would be direct from the MKV on the LAN to the blu ray player? In this case, the android tablet (over wifi) seems to still be in the mix?

I tried the test again from my wired HTPC. This time, after playback on the Blu Ray player started, I switched the PC off. Playback locked up on the Blu Ray player. The HTPC seems to be in the mix as well. How does DLNA Play Using work?

RTI T4 Remote For Sale:
post #3196 of 3291 Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Looking to update to 13.1 Gotham.

Anyone having issues with this current release?

Thanks
post #3197 of 3291 Old 07-10-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post
Looking to update to 13.1 Gotham.
Anyone having issues with this current release?
It's been working fine for me, but I guarantee you somebody has been having issues. So if you're waiting for a release where nobody has issues, you might be waiting a long time.

The most important thing is to check and see if the skin you are using has been updated and if all your add ons have been as well (although almost every Frodo add-on will work with Gotham, so that's not such a big deal).

The best thing I can suggest is to back up your current data and then give it a whirl.
post #3198 of 3291 Old 07-10-2014, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Thanks, I just updated to Gotham 13.1

And I have an issue. LOL

My XBMC screen is now showing only 3/4 of the image on my projector screen. The old Frodo, and my Windows is showing full screen, but Gotham looks like it's cropped on my projector screen.

Did I miss some settings along the way?

Thanks
post #3199 of 3291 Old 07-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 67
You need to do the video calibration within xbmc. I believe you go to settings, system, video output, and scroll down to video calibration.
post #3200 of 3291 Old 07-13-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

How does the DLNA "Play Using" work? I've been toying around with this feature and my Blu Ray player that works as a Digital Media Renderer. The blu ray player shows up as a player in the context menu, and If I start playback from my XBMC HTPC (wired), it plays back perfectly on the Blu Ray player. (MKV Files are stored on a NAS on the LAN). I tried the same thing from my android tablet (wireless) and it stutters terribly. Once playback is pushed to the player, doesn't it remove itself from the playback path so the path would be direct from the MKV on the LAN to the blu ray player? In this case, the android tablet (over wifi) seems to still be in the mix?

I tried the test again from my wired HTPC. This time, after playback on the Blu Ray player started, I switched the PC off. Playback locked up on the Blu Ray player. The HTPC seems to be in the mix as well. How does DLNA Play Using work?

RTI T4 Remote For Sale:
post #3201 of 3291 Old 07-14-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 190
I'm having a hard time finding a definitive answer on this so I'll try here:

Is the 4th gen intel celeron nuc (2820) an "all-go" for xbmc or should I wait for the 2830 which (supposedly) should be hitting the shelves soon? I've heard the 28020's early wrinkles have been laid to to rest but if really like to be sure.

Thanks for any insight gentlemen.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

Last edited by mastermaybe; 07-14-2014 at 07:07 PM.
post #3202 of 3291 Old 07-14-2014, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post
How does DLNA Play Using work?
I realize you asked the question twice and nobody responded either time. I don't know the answer, and nobody else seems to offer any insight so perhaps just copy your post with test results over here http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111

I'd like to know, and it seems like odd behavior to "middle-man" your tablet in this case. How are you viewing the library on your tablet? You may need to re-set your movies collection on the tablet to the UPNP share of your server for this to work properly
post #3203 of 3291 Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Well if it means anything to anyone, I received my 2820 NUC from amazon and it was a series 101 that has the busted usb headers.

I called intel and they offered to send me a 103 series with the quick sync.

Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone ordering from amazon...I doubt you'll be getting the new series.

James
ellisr63 likes this.
post #3204 of 3291 Old 07-17-2014, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
Well if it means anything to anyone, I received my 2820 NUC from amazon and it was a series 101 that has the busted usb headers.

I called intel and they offered to send me a 103 series with the quick sync.

Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone ordering from amazon...I doubt you'll be getting the new series.

James
Thanks for the info, I actually wasn't aware of that issue. Just one more reason to recommend the asus chromebox at this point I guess, but it was nice of them to send you an upgrade. Did they cover shipping in either direction? Or need the old unit?
post #3205 of 3291 Old 07-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 148
i have an issue with de-interlacing causing certain objects to flicker.

When I have de-interlace set to "auto", certain objects (typically rounded objects) look more pixellated & flicker as the screen pans.

With de-interlacing off, this doesn't happen. However, in live TV, where there is a lot of interlaced content, if I leave de-interlacing off, I get image ghosting during fast motion. Real annoying.

From what I have read, xbmc's de-interlacing is still poorly implemented, since I tested the same channels in jriver media player using madvr, and the interlacing in madvr is much cleaner.

Is there a combo of renderers/video settings I can use to get de-interlacing to look clean in xbmc? fwiw, I'm using a geforce 750ti with the latest drivers. All video enhancements are off.

Thanks!
post #3206 of 3291 Old 07-20-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
Thanks for the info, I actually wasn't aware of that issue. Just one more reason to recommend the asus chromebox at this point I guess, but it was nice of them to send you an upgrade. Did they cover shipping in either direction? Or need the old unit?
I beefed up the $8 to ship the old unit, they covered the 2 day shipping to me.

James

Actual phone call (see pic to left):

Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"

Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."

post #3207 of 3291 Old 07-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello, I am new to XBMC. I just downloaded the newest version (Gotham I Believe). I tried downloading the Aeon Skin as I heard that is a real nice one. However, when i go to download it in XBMC, it says: Dependacies not met. Please contact add on author.

What does that mean and what do i do to fix it?

Thanks!
post #3208 of 3291 Old 07-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anybody?
post #3209 of 3291 Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
Hello, I am new to XBMC. I just downloaded the newest version (Gotham I Believe). I tried downloading the Aeon Skin as I heard that is a real nice one. However, when i go to download it in XBMC, it says: Dependacies not met. Please contact add on author.

Thanks!
Go to the thread for that skin and look for a compatible skin download or ask the question of the author - just like the error message says.
post #3210 of 3291 Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post

Thanks!
I believe there are 2 Aeon variants that are updated for Gotham -- Aeon MQ5 and Aeon Nox 5. Either of these should work by enabling from the Gotham standard repo.

For a technical understanding of the error, addons have a file named "addon.xml". This file lists the services or other addons that are required, including the minimum version. I think XBMC changed the way versions are numbered, also bumped the version fo several key components. Addons/skins that have dependency errors often were abandoned and not updated for the current XBMC. Often times these can be made to work just by editing addon.xml to show the current version of the services/addons. But for skins in particular, if they haven't been modified for Gotham they aren't going to work that well and I would stick to skins that are compatible, rather than hacking some older skin.

scott s.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page