XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 111 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
post #3301 of 3318 Old 02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
For live TV, all the XBMC ServerWMC app does is remux the recorded file from WMC, so you're going to need to get WMC working first. Not sure why audio settings would give you a video error? Are you changing audio devices when you switch from 5.1 to stereo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3318 Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlvckBox View Post
My question was, If I set my sound setting back to 5.1 and run live tv on XBMC will it still throw me the "video Error" message?
If you are getting the video error message in WMC that channel won't work in ServerWMC. Are you using WMC for cable or OTA? If cable which provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post
For live TV, all the XBMC ServerWMC app does is remux the recorded file from WMC, so you're going to need to get WMC working first. Not sure why audio settings would give you a video error? Are you changing audio devices when you switch from 5.1 to stereo?
This is for the most part true, but there is a caveat

@BlvckBox you can set audio back to whatever you want in WMC so long as it works. In your XBMC setup your windows audio settings don't matter as much depending on how you do things. If you go with the recommended bit-perfect passthrough option using WASAPI on your PCH as the passthrough device then your "Windows Sound Settings for HDMI" configuration (2.1, 5.1, 7.1) doesn't matter. Hence, you can leave it at 2.1 for WMC and XBMC will passthrough up to 7.1 with wasapi, but you do need to check the "allow exclusive control" text box under settings.

Though, WMC shouldn't have any problem selecting 5.1 either. Do you have a codec pack installed by chance? That tends to break WMC audio if not configured properly
post #3303 of 3318 Old 02-10-2015, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Any one gotten XBMC/KODI to work with an anamorphic lens ? Everything I have read said that XBMC will not streach the image vertically to work properly with a anamorphic lens. I know media play classic with work. But I have been using XBMC for years now and would really like not to have to switch to something else when I switch to a CIH screen. Any one have a fix for this? Thanks

post #3304 of 3318 Old 02-10-2015, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 278
I have the latest version of XBMC/KODI installed, along with Windows Media Server, and I cannot get the TV tuner to work in Kodi. Isn't there a way to get it to work without using windows?

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
post #3305 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
This is for the most part true, but there is a caveat

@BlvckBox you can set audio back to whatever you want in WMC so long as it works. In your XBMC setup your windows audio settings don't matter as much depending on how you do things. If you go with the recommended bit-perfect passthrough option using WASAPI on your PCH as the passthrough device then your "Windows Sound Settings for HDMI" configuration (2.1, 5.1, 7.1) doesn't matter. Hence, you can leave it at 2.1 for WMC and XBMC will passthrough up to 7.1 with wasapi, but you do need to check the "allow exclusive control" text box under settings.

Though, WMC shouldn't have any problem selecting 5.1 either. Do you have a codec pack installed by chance? That tends to break WMC audio if not configured properly
I wasn't trying to link the two setups, just wondering if maybe he was switching from say, an analog audio connection for 2.1 to an HDMI connection for 5.1 that might cause some kind of HDCP error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVG81 View Post
Any one gotten XBMC/KODI to work with an anamorphic lens ? Everything I have read said that XBMC will not streach the image vertically to work properly with a anamorphic lens. I know media play classic with work. But I have been using XBMC for years now and would really like not to have to switch to something else when I switch to a CIH screen. Any one have a fix for this? Thanks
I'm still using MPC-HC as an external player. The Kodi internal player can do a vertical stretch, but the problem is it will override the content aspect ratio. So if you have a blu-ray rip, it's 1920x1080, since all blu-rays are that AR, the black bars are actually encoded as part of the picture. So when you tell Kodi to stretch it, you don't get the desired result since it think it's 1920x1080. There were people requesting a feature to allow this, but the devs basically said, "if you want to do that, then re-encode your videos properly to 1920x810". In other words, they don't understand CIH setups. That was prior to the Gotham release but I doubt it's changed. There was also some talk of a media flag to use as an over-ride, not sure if that ever went anywhere.
post #3306 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DLNA Live TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post
FYI, for any XBMC (now Kodi) users running the wmc.pvr back end with an HDHomerun Prime, there is now an option to directly stream to the Kodi client via DLNA. That means much faster channel changes and no temporary stream files being written. You do give up the option to record the stream on the fly, but that's a trade-off I can live with.
I too have the HDHR Prime, could you walk me through the steps to get Live TV on Kodi ( installed an Amazon Fire TV ) ? I currently use WMC to record, but I haven't yet installed WMC Server or the wmc.pvr add-on in Kodi if that matters. Thank you.
post #3307 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonBrewer View Post
I too have the HDHR Prime, could you walk me through the steps to get Live TV on Kodi ( installed an Amazon Fire TV ) ? I currently use WMC to record, but I haven't yet installed WMC Server or the wmc.pvr add-on in Kodi if that matters. Thank you.
I am using Windows so I'm not sure if there are additional requirements for running it on a Fire, but here's a setup guide. It's got a lot more than just Live TV, but it's in there as well.
post #3308 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonBrewer View Post
You have to install ServerWMC or some other backend to get PVR working in Kodi

I think this is a better guide http://assassinhtpcblog.com/paid-guides-10/#guide40

If you are wanting to also add the DLNA tuner access like JDLIVE has, then you will need to enable DLNA from your HDHomerun Setup first. You still need ServerWMC installed as well
post #3309 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You have to install ServerWMC or some other backend to get PVR working in Kodi

I think this is a better guide http://assassinhtpcblog.com/paid-guides-10/#guide40

If you are wanting to also add the DLNA tuner access like JDLIVE has, then you will need to enable DLNA from your HDHomerun Setup first. You still need ServerWMC installed as well
So apparently there is no way to run the HDHomerun Dual tuners without a windows install, correct? I was really hoping I could bypass my windows setup for OpenElec/Kodi, and UnRaid.

Denon 4520ci, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) MiniDSP 2x4s, (4) Klipsch HIPs,  PS3, XBox 360, (3) Intel NUCs, Redmere, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, (2) Yamaha P2500s, & (3) Topping 25wpch T chip amps.
post #3310 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
So apparently there is no way to run the HDHomerun Dual tuners without a windows install, correct? I was really hoping I could bypass my windows setup for OpenElec/Kodi, and UnRaid.
You don't need windows its just extremely easy

Do you already have unraid or is it "planned" ?

You can go straight to OE from the dual with tvheadend

It's a little more involved
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182556
https://tvheadend.org/boards/14/topics/4798

Since the dual doesn't do dlna you can't use any of the cute little dlna workarounds people are trying either. There is also a much more manual setup where you add each available channel as an rtsp stream in your kodi library

@captain_video runs unraid and was looking to use mythbuntu. He may be able to help. You may be able to set up a jail for your backend
post #3311 of 3318 Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You don't need windows its just extremely easy

Do you already have unraid or is it "planned" ?

You can go straight to OE from the dual with tvheadend

It's a little more involved
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182556
https://tvheadend.org/boards/14/topics/4798

Since the dual doesn't do dlna you can't use any of the cute little dlna workarounds people are trying either. There is also a much more manual setup where you add each available channel as an rtsp stream in your kodi library

@captain_video runs unraid and was looking to use mythbuntu. He may be able to help. You may be able to set up a jail for your backend
I have UnRaid setup already. i have been trying for months to get my tuners setup with OpenElec/XBMC (now OpenElec/Kodi) with zero luck. I will try the links you supplied and contact Captain_video if I am unable to get it up and running. Thanks for the info.

I would be happy if i could just play my recorded tv shows in Kodi that were recorded in WMC.

post #3312 of 3318 Old 02-20-2015, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
On this new version of XBMC (Kodi?), I can't find the options where I input my receiver's capabilities. It used to by in "System >> Audio Output"....but now that menu is severely limited. I can't get my titles to play DTS-MA because it thinks everything is stereo.

In terms of LFE, size does matter!
post #3313 of 3318 Old 02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Never mind. Found it. Advanced settings.

In terms of LFE, size does matter!
post #3314 of 3318 Old 03-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all. I am new to the HTPC game. Bought an Assassin HTPC this past January and have really enjoyed it so far.

I've noticed something funky in the last few days playing back .mkv files in XBMC. I have had a few movies that when I play them back they seem to have spots where the scenes play out of order. One movie, Draft Day, did this in two spots. The rest of the movie played fine. And honestly, we watched this multiple times and I don't think it did it before...though I could be wrong.

Tonight we watched Mockingjay Part 1. It had these out of order scenes several times. Probably 6 or 7 at least. It's like it jumps ahead 10 minutes, plays for a minute or so, then jumps back to where the original jump was. Very odd.

I am using MakeMKV to rip the files. Fairly straight forward I think.

I haven't had this happen until the past two days. Is it an XBMC issue? I am on the latest version I believe. Or is it a problem with makemkv?

I did notice that when I ripped Mockingjay Part 1 that there were dozens of files listed all the same size. I just grabbed the first one. Is this some new way to mask which file is actually the correct one?

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have!
post #3315 of 3318 Old 03-07-2015, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You ripped the wrong playlist.

As an effort to limit the copying of the discs (lets not get into a copyright / fair use discussion), one of the newer copyright protection schemes is to have multiple/dozens of playlists that look nearly identical. Sometimes they all have the same run time. Other times, only one of them will have the right run time, which makes it easier to pick the right one.

When you look in MakeMKV, take a look at the segment maps. You'll see that the segments (consider them like chapters for the purpose of this conversation), will not all be in the same order. And thats probably what you ran into.

The MakeMKV forums are a good source of info for finding the right playlist. Google is your friend here. But you've run into one of the newer copyright protection schemes from the studios. Playlist obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobelighthos View Post

I've noticed something funky in the last few days playing back .mkv files in XBMC. I have had a few movies that when I play them back they seem to have spots where the scenes play out of order. One movie, Draft Day, did this in two spots. The rest of the movie played fine. And honestly, we watched this multiple times and I don't think it did it before...though I could be wrong.

Tonight we watched Mockingjay Part 1. It had these out of order scenes several times. Probably 6 or 7 at least. It's like it jumps ahead 10 minutes, plays for a minute or so, then jumps back to where the original jump was. Very odd.

I am using MakeMKV to rip the files. Fairly straight forward I think.

I haven't had this happen until the past two days. Is it an XBMC issue? I am on the latest version I believe. Or is it a problem with makemkv?

I did notice that when I ripped Mockingjay Part 1 that there were dozens of files listed all the same size. I just grabbed the first one. Is this some new way to mask which file is actually the correct one?

Media Room: Epson 5030 / Onkyo NR-709 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
Den: Samsung 59D6500 Plasma & Monoprice in-walls
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC1:Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
HTPC2:Win8 Pro 64-bit, i3 2105, Radeon 6770
post #3316 of 3318 Old 03-30-2015, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I use Kodi as the main interface for my Windows 8.1 HTPC. Whenever it's not in use. I put the pc to sleep. The problem is that if I turn on my htpc first then the tv. I get this:

It seems that when the tv is off. The resolution is detected as 1360x768. Once the tv is on. The proper resolution of 1920x1080 is detected but Kodi stays at 1360x768. One of the causes for this might be because I have "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in Settings> System. The reason for this is because if I don't. Kodi minimizes whenever I launch a program using Advanced Launcher.

Does anyone have a fix for this. I know that using something like a logitech remote can fix this. But I already have a very nice remote and i'm looking for a software fix.
post #3317 of 3318 Old Today, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Hey guys, new to all this..... I ripped a BR and the fanart didn't make the rip, most I read about is a total lost fan art on all the discs, im only interested in the occational......
post #3318 of 3318 Unread Today, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo90017 View Post
It seems that when the tv is off. The resolution is detected as 1360x768. Once the tv is on. The proper resolution of 1920x1080 is detected but Kodi stays at 1360x768. One of the causes for this might be because I have "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in Settings> System. The reason for this is because if I don't. Kodi minimizes whenever I launch a program using Advanced Launcher.

Does anyone have a fix for this. I know that using something like a logitech remote can fix this. But I already have a very nice remote and i'm looking for a software fix.
I'm not sure how many programs you launch with AL, but I've used the launcher4Kodi shell replacement in 8.1 before. It seemed to take care of all these pesky issues, but it had some of it's own. You could tell it to launch explorer.exe after xbmc quit when running in shell mode, which took care of most of my problems. There's a way to control how often it adjusts focus, I'd play with those to see if it will pick back up the 1080 resolution.

Also, there's an alpha build of Kodi with DX11 support. It may solve the issue on it's own, but I've not specifically tested it for that. I never had that issue before, so I can't say it fixed anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post
Hey guys, new to all this..... I ripped a BR and the fanart didn't make the rip, most I read about is a total lost fan art on all the discs, im only interested in the occational......
Aren't you using MyMovies? It should grab all your fanart for you, have you looked to see if it has kodi naming conventions? If not there are a few choices. I think the best one personally is Mediabrowser. Even if you don't use it to transcode or anything else, you can just let it scan your media folders and save metadata for them. There is an option in the setup to "save metadata to folders" which you'll want to use so it can be scanned to Kodi. Another metadata option is MediaCenterMaster

I like MediaCenterMaster and Mediabrowser because they are both good and automatic. I only use Mediabrowser these days but MCM a few years beforehand. A more "manual" metadata manager is Ember. It's good, but not as automated. Mediabrowser is pretty much just set and forget for metadata, and the interface for editing it (if needed) is much nicer than anything else out there IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page