XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #3391 of 3419 Old 10-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Adding MCM "scrapped" Movies into Kodi without scraping them AGAIN

[EDIT: I already asked this question and member scott already answered it. Thanks scott. Ignore this question below] I'm scraping all of my ripped movies with MCM now and I will obviously be setting the "content" folder in Kodi as the same directory of my movies after MCM finishes scraping them.

After MCM finishes scraping the movies and I add the movies to Kodi via the "Set Content" is there a way to stop Kodi from re-scraping the movies and does Kodi prompt me to scrape, or does Kodi automatically scrape without a choice?

Last edited by AXLCMT; 10-22-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3419 Old 10-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
What happens if you scrape your movies (all with their own folders and all in one directory ie K:\ etc) using Media Center Master
and then do the "Set" then "Content" (ie add your movies into Kodi) in Kodi? Will Kodi automatically try to scrape all of the Movies all over again automatically or should I tell Kodi to automatically scrape all of the movies or should I NOT tell Kodi to scrape all of the movies that were already scraped using Media Center Master?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott967 View Post
If MCM created .nfo files for each movie, that will always be used first when you tell Kodi to "update library" or "scan item". You can change the scraper for movie source to "nfo only", in that case the nfos will be used exactly the same way but if there is no nfo it will not attempt an online scrape. If you want to ignore an nfo file, you have to do it for each movie via the movie info dialog "refresh" which pops up a dialog asking if you want to use the nfo file. You can also use the movie info dialog to select between local art or art found during a scrape or linked in the nfo. Note that the art that actually gets displayed is first cached in the userdata\thumbnails regardless if there is a local jpg/png or remote URL link.

scott s.
Hello.

Win7 WMC user here, and I'm looking for an exit strategy. I am evaluating alternative options, and think Kodi might be a really desireable front end option for me, with my brand-spankin'-new NVIDIA Shield and all the other functionality that box has that I like so much. With a couple software updates, this could be the all-in-one solution AND the means to GTFO of WMC that I've been looking for...

I have a plex server. It was very easy to "share" that library to the Kodi app for Shield. Works well. Very cool.

But my WMC "TV Recordings" folder, when shared to Kodi, is a mess. I'm aware of the fact that Kodi requires a specific file structure (I already reviewed the Wiki page; as a Plex user who has DVR'd some shows, such as Seinfeld, run them through VideoReDo to chop out commercials, and moved them out of the "TV Recordings" folder and into a seperate folder with a specific file naming convention and folder structure, I am somewhat familiar with this). I understand that WMC's "Recorded TV" folder, by itself, doesn't conform to Kodi's required file structure and naming conventions. And I understand that certain software, such as Media Center Master, is able to do this for me. It can "scrape" for meta-date, and then move said DVR recordings into a separate folder (that conforms with Kodi's structure), while renaming the files according to Kodi's requirements. And it can automate this process for me. Very nice.

My question/concern is, how does this work with recordings that DON'T, by their very nature conform to a "television series", with "Season #" and "Episode #" type-format? Specifically, but not limited to, a football game? I routinely DVR my favorite team's game, and if it's a particularly memorable one, I'll run it through VideoReDo and save it long-term... how does Kodi handle recordings that don't *fit* into a "TV Show x - Season Y - Episode Z" box?

Anybody here DVRing sports games and watching them on Kodi? Care to share your experiences?
post #3393 of 3419 Old 10-29-2015, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What do you guys think about this a first Kodi box:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01..._st_dp_summary

thx

bob
post #3394 of 3419 Old 10-29-2015, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I run 2 Kodi boxes with NextPVR for my DVR, and I have run into a little dilemma.

I have NextPVR setup to record my shows to my Windows 10 pc (separate machine from Kodi machines), and every morning I copy them to my NAS for viewing.

1: How can I have it record to my NAS?

When i watch a tv show on one Kodi box, and select delete after watching it...it deleted it from the HDD (like it should), but then the show is still listed on the same Kodi machine in the TV directory of shows recorded. We sometimes watch our tv shows using the video section and at other times using the TV section.

1: Is there a way to have it update all the sections so I don't have to go into each folder and see if it is still available?

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, Xilica XP-4080 crossover, (2pr) JBL 8340As,  (2pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox360, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice12 gauge speaker wire and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, Yamaha MX-A5000, MiniDSP DDRC-88A, and an Oppo 103.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
post #3395 of 3419 Old 10-30-2015, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

thx

bob
With all that illegal stuff on it - read "access all movies and tv shows for life", you better hope that their customer service is first class. Exactly the type of box/seller that Kodi are desperately trying to distance themselves from.
post #3396 of 3419 Old 10-30-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
With all that illegal stuff on it ...
But it comes with a free GOOBANG DOO! cleaning cloth. That's gotta be worth somethin', eh?
post #3397 of 3419 Old 10-30-2015, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
But it comes with a free GOOBANG DOO! cleaning cloth. That's gotta be worth somethin', eh?
LOL
GreySkies likes this.
post #3398 of 3419 Old 10-30-2015, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
But my WMC "TV Recordings" folder, when shared to Kodi, is a mess. I'm aware of the fact that Kodi requires a specific file structure (I already reviewed the Wiki page; as a Plex user who has DVR'd some shows, such as Seinfeld, run them through VideoReDo to chop out commercials, and moved them out of the "TV Recordings" folder and into a seperate folder with a specific file naming convention and folder structure, I am somewhat familiar with this). I understand that WMC's "Recorded TV" folder, by itself, doesn't conform to Kodi's required file structure and naming conventions. And I understand that certain software, such as Media Center Master, is able to do this for me. It can "scrape" for meta-date, and then move said DVR recordings into a separate folder (that conforms with Kodi's structure), while renaming the files according to Kodi's requirements. And it can automate this process for me. Very nice.

My question/concern is, how does this work with recordings that DON'T, by their very nature conform to a "television series", with "Season #" and "Episode #" type-format? Specifically, but not limited to, a football game? I routinely DVR my favorite team's game, and if it's a particularly memorable one, I'll run it through VideoReDo and save it long-term... how does Kodi handle recordings that don't *fit* into a "TV Show x - Season Y - Episode Z" box?

Anybody here DVRing sports games and watching them on Kodi? Care to share your experiences?
I use Kodi as the front end with WMC as the back end DVR, works very well.

Is there a reason you want to move/rename your WMC recordings? I guess it's to do the commercial removal? I have the serverWMC and PVR front end client set up on 2 systems and it works very well accessing the DVR recordings as is. The WMC client add-on is able to use the WMC metadata to show the program information.

Here's a guide on setting it up. This is actually a much more comprehensive guide, but it does include the WMC pieces.

Some other links:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:PVR.WMC

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/ServerWMC
ellisr63 likes this.
post #3399 of 3419 Old 10-30-2015, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post

thx

bob

I use this one... http://cuboxtv.com/

Yamaha CX-A5100, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, Xilica XP-4080 crossover, (2pr) JBL 8340As,  (2pr) JBL 8320s, PS3, XBox360, (2) Intel NUCs, Monoprice12 gauge speaker wire and XLR cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 195" diagonal scope screen, Panamorph UH-480, Darbee Darcet, Yamaha P7000s, Yamaha MX-A5000, MiniDSP DDRC-88A, and an Oppo 103.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
post #3400 of 3419 Old 11-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post
I use Kodi as the front end with WMC as the back end DVR, works very well.

Is there a reason you want to move/rename your WMC recordings? I guess it's to do the commercial removal? I have the serverWMC and PVR front end client set up on 2 systems and it works very well accessing the DVR recordings as is. The WMC client add-on is able to use the WMC metadata to show the program information.

Here's a guide on setting it up. This is actually a much more comprehensive guide, but it does include the WMC pieces.

Some other links:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:PVR.WMC

http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/ServerWMC

Actually, the question I'm most concerned about is TV Recordings that I *don't* move and edit.

Just the DVR'd recordings, to a generic "recorded TV" folder. Unorganized. No naming convention. No commercial-editing. Record it - watch it - delete it.

Does the Server-WMC installation make Kodi as functional as the WMC "Recorded TV" menu?

Obviously, I didn't install ServerWMC (yet). I just accessed the "shared folder", within the "Videos" menu of Kodi... it was just a giant list of recordings, with no organization (unlike WMC, that groups all your "Seinfeld" recordings together, all your "College Football" recordings together, etc).
post #3401 of 3419 Old 11-02-2015, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
Actually, the question I'm most concerned about is TV Recordings that I *don't* move and edit.

Just the DVR'd recordings, to a generic "recorded TV" folder. Unorganized. No naming convention. No commercial-editing. Record it - watch it - delete it.

Does the Server-WMC installation make Kodi as functional as the WMC "Recorded TV" menu?

Obviously, I didn't install ServerWMC (yet). I just accessed the "shared folder", within the "Videos" menu of Kodi... it was just a giant list of recordings, with no organization (unlike WMC, that groups all your "Seinfeld" recordings together, all your "College Football" recordings together, etc).
Yes, it will group your recordings just as WMC does, by using the metadata. If you look at the wiki link in my previous post, it shows the options available for grouping the shows. The recordings will then show up as a submenu of the "TV" menu in Kodi. It's not too hard to install and get working, no real harm if you choose not to use it.
post #3402 of 3419 Old 11-09-2015, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Hi, I have an issue trying to wake up Kodi via my Android Smartphone app (Kore). First I had Windows 7 installed on HTPC, I installed Bonjour and set everything up properly in KODI, and it worked, but sometimes it powered up for no reason (usually right after shutdown). Now I installed Windows 8.1, set up everything properly, since my smartphone app works and i can control kodi...but now I cannot wake it up and I cannot figure out why. I allowed my LAN card to wake up my computer, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?
post #3403 of 3419 Old 11-10-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe check to see if the Windows firewall is blocking the WOL packets?
post #3404 of 3419 Old 11-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Nope, firewall is disabled as usual. I noticed that lights at LAN port are turned off when PC is off. Shouldn't they maybe be on even if PC is off, because that way they would state that LAN link is alive?
post #3405 of 3419 Old 11-11-2015, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

So you're actually shutting the PC off, not just going into sleep mode? Not sure I've tried that scenario.
post #3406 of 3419 Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Yes, pure shutdown. I have terrible experiences with sleep in general, its a complete rubbish, so i will rather use hibernate.
I did find out though that wake up from complete shutdown in win8 is actually not supported (while it was in 7), so its pretty much impossible to power it that way no matter what you do.
ellisr63 likes this.
post #3407 of 3419 Old 11-21-2015, 12:30 PM

Small update. Everything is suddenly working, I have really no clue why, but couple of days after i stopped fiddling with options I noticed I can finally turn on computer via smartphone app, and that I can also turn it on via wireless keyboard that works over Unifying receiver in usb port. But I really have no clue what exactly I changed to make it work.
post #3408 of 3419 Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey guys, looking to get some help with Kodi. I am trying to set up a new input for Kid's Movies. So I will have Movies, TV Shows etc then also Kid's Movies. When I go to set up the input on Kodi, what do I select in the options? I selected Video, then something else I can't remember, but it didn't show up like it does in the Movies input.

Any help is appreciated.
post #3409 of 3419 Old 11-25-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

DSPlayer NO MORE

looks like DSPlayer is dead

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...377#pid2170377
post #3410 of 3419 Old 11-25-2015, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
DSPlayer NO MORE

Shows the general problem of open source software. You get dependent on one dev and if he leaves for whatever reason you are stuck.

scott s.
post #3411 of 3419 Old 11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
DSPlayer NO MORE

Yeah, that's a very unfortunate situation for all involved.
post #3412 of 3419 Old 12-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Every time I go to "Movies" it brings up "themoviedb.org" page. I already tried going into addons to disable it but the uninstall option is greyed out. Anyone know how to get rid of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	themoviedb.png
Views:	68
Size:	662.4 KB
ID:	1114226  

Last edited by gonzo90017; 12-15-2015 at 10:01 PM.
post #3413 of 3419 Old 12-14-2015, 09:54 AM
tdx

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just got a 2015 Samsung TV which according to everyone has the best scaler in the industry right now. So what I'd like to do is have Kodi play every video in its original resolution so that the TV takes care of all upscaling to 4K.

- Are there any settings in Kodi specifically for that purpose?
- Are there any windows graphics 10 settings (or Nvidia) that allow the videos to play at their native res?

Thanks!
post #3414 of 3419 Old 01-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Hey guys, looking for some help.

Right now with XBMC there are the regular categories such as Movies, Pictures, TV Shows etc. I want to make a custom category for my Kids Movies. How do I do this? I just want my kids movies to show up in this category and no other. They are currently all in a separate folder on my HTPC as well.

I want it to work just like how the regular Movies category works but only with the kids movies.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
post #3415 of 3419 Old 01-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Right now with XBMC there are the regular categories such as Movies, Pictures, TV Shows etc. I want to make a custom category for my Kids Movies. How do I do this? I just want my kids movies to show up in this category and no other. They are currently all in a separate folder on my HTPC as well.

I want it to work just like how the regular Movies category works but only with the kids movies.

post #3416 of 3419 Old 01-04-2016, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post

What I used to do is the following:

Move your kids movies into a folder called "Kids"
Add that folder to your database as a source.
Scan and clean your library so the locations update.
Setup a new profile called kids.
Add just that folder to your kids profile.
Turn on kiosk mode and lock it down so no changes can be made.
Password lock the master profile setup a new profile for the full library.

Link to Profiles wiki page:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles

Looky here!
post #3417 of 3419 Old 02-04-2016, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question; can anyone log in to my database and see my movies in Kodi like it's possible with Plex? Any other program that can do that otherwise?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
post #3418 of 3419 Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 4
New to Kodi, running on a Shield TV, and so far I am loving the experience!

I have a fairly big collection of movies ripped from BluRay on a NAS. I have (following the Kodi wiki) organized them properly (in mounted Movie/Movie Name (year)/Movie Name (year).ext format), and used the built in scrapers, etc.. to grab all the info, fan art, posters, trailers, etc..

My question is this- Mrs. MarkLT1 and I have quite a few movies that aren't age appropriate for our 2- and 6-year-old children (PG-13, R). We also have a huge collection of movies that they enjoy and can watch (G, PG). I see that the ratings have been imported, and I have set up a profile for the kids. Is there a way to only allow G and PG movies to show up in that profile (my 6-year-old was flipping through and said "ooh, this looks cool" for an R-Rated movie.. I'd like him to simply not see them- i.e.- no temptation). Thoughts on how to do this? (I am not so worried about passwords/locking them out.. I am the one who selects the movies and hits play anyway.. I just want an easy-to-access filtered version)
post #3419 of 3419 Old Today, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLT1 View Post
New to Kodi, running on a Shield TV, and so far I am loving the experience!

I have a fairly big collection of movies ripped from BluRay on a NAS. I have (following the Kodi wiki) organized them properly (in mounted Movie/Movie Name (year)/Movie Name (year).ext format), and used the built in scrapers, etc.. to grab all the info, fan art, posters, trailers, etc..

My question is this- Mrs. MarkLT1 and I have quite a few movies that aren't age appropriate for our 2- and 6-year-old children (PG-13, R). We also have a huge collection of movies that they enjoy and can watch (G, PG). I see that the ratings have been imported, and I have set up a profile for the kids. Is there a way to only allow G and PG movies to show up in that profile (my 6-year-old was flipping through and said "ooh, this looks cool" for an R-Rated movie.. I'd like him to simply not see them- i.e.- no temptation). Thoughts on how to do this? (I am not so worried about passwords/locking them out.. I am the one who selects the movies and hits play anyway.. I just want an easy-to-access filtered version)
Put your kids movies in a seperate share and use profiles.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles

Looky here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers