post #541 of 3237 Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Nope, that was a mistype. 10.1 will be released in 6 days, which adds bugfixes and Blu Ray ISO support.
Eden is months ahead, since there is a lot of work to be done, including finishing up the Audio Engine branch (the windows/linux sides are done, wthey are waiting for the OSX implementation so that i can be merged with the final trunk) and the PVR/DVR/Live TV branch. Since nightly builds are open again, we will probably see AE faster then Eden, i`ll announce it here as soon as i het news.

Well that's good and bad news I guess. I was really stoked about the BLURAY ISO and the hd audio support, so I get part of it anyway, that's good!

What's up with dscodec until the AE is a go? Is it functional, can I use it, link? Also I heard that they won't have support for cablecard type tuners(like ceton4) when they get the dvr/live tv implemented, is that true?

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3237 Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
JAB
AVS Special Member

Last I heard DSCodec did not support bitstreaming, unless you ran it inside Visual Studio and flipped a switch--too buggy, the developer said.
post #543 of 3237 Old 02-22-2011, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post

Last I heard DSCodec did not support bitstreaming, unless you ran it inside Visual Studio and flipped a switch--too buggy, the developer said.

I thought that that dscodec kind of took over and was less buggy and more simple to implement until the AE comes out. Wasn't that the idea when dsplayer stopped? Or no.

post #544 of 3237 Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
JAB
AVS Special Member

You can check the threads I referenced here. What I get out of that is that Tiben believes DSCodec bitstreaming will probably need to wait for the new AudioEngine and that until then, bitstreaming is buggy and only works when running DSCodec from within Visual Studio.
post #545 of 3237 Old 02-22-2011, 08:48 PM
JAB
AVS Special Member

...a quick search of those threads yielded these posts by Tiben:

Quote:

for the audio codec it is working but it is still disabled to public unless you test it from visual studio. [link]

Quote:

video might be integrated before audio. It might be easier to help with the Audio engine to be completed than implement my own way to get bitstream working on it. [link]

post #546 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Ugh, the new version of Aeon MQ is causing problems for me. Seems to be a resource hog and won't work with MPC-HC in D3D fullscreen mode.
post #547 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLIVE View Post

Ugh, the new version of Aeon MQ is causing problems for me. Seems to be a resource hog and won't work with MPC-HC in D3D fullscreen mode.

Go to settings and then advanced and then performance and select compact mode. That made it really fast for me.
Also MarcosQui said that:
Quote: "VERY IMPORTANT:
In version 2.7.0, many commands of version 2.6.0 were then changed or are no longer used, so to ensure that your skin works well (fast), after installing the skin is strongly recommended deleting the file guisettings.xml that is inside the folder:
C: \\ Users \\ youruser \\ AppData \\ Roaming \\ XBMC \\ userdata"
See link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81601
post #548 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM

Love the new update, couple question:

1- Can the color be changed to match the menu bar for the time and library totals bars? See screenshot. As you can see, the home menu is yellow meanwhile the top bars are still blue.

2- I found out where to disable CD/DVD cases when viewing the movie collection however the information menu of a movie, still shows the case. Can I turn that off somewhere?

3- While a TV show is playing and I press "I" it shows the show info. How can I disable the poster for that TV show? I like it for movies but not for TV shows.

Thanks
post #549 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 11:46 AM

Cinema Experience isn't working for me.

I've downloaded and enabled the latest Aeon MQ 2 skin, and the latest cinema experience add-ons.

I've configured cinema experience for the audio intros, pointed it to a folder with just 1 DTSMA m2ts clip from the demo-world site... and played a movie with the cinema experience option... but it goes right to the movie, doesn't do the audio intro.

Is there a way to track down why? It seems to be configured correctly.

EDIT: I found the wiki on the Cinema Experience plugin, sorry for the bother. I've got some audio intros working now. Though not sure exactly what triggers the likes of a THX intro given the decisions on DTS/Dolby seem to be based on the target movie selection's source audio. Perhaps that's what the 'Audio\\Other' folder is for?
post #550 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM

I've always had this problem and have never been able to figure it out. In file mode I can see all of my media, but in library mode not all of it shows up. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. This happens to me on my xbox, my linux box and my windows machine. I am thinking I am doing something wrong because it's not working all the time on any of them. Through the years I have periodically searched for an answer to this problem, but I have not found anything that fits my problem. I have all the movies and tv shows named correctly. Currently all machines on running Darhma with AeonMQ skin. Can anybody help?
post #551 of 3237 Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM
JAB
AVS Special Member

Media for which XBMC was unable to fetch metadata won't appear in library mode. From memory, so I might not have it exactly right, locate one of the missing items in file mode, press C to access the context menu, and choose Movie Information then Refresh. If that doesn't work, make sure the folder name and media file name is correct and complete on your disk. If you need to change the name, make the change in Windows Explorer, and then from XBMC, choose Remove from Library then Update Library from the context menu.
post #552 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Media for which XBMC was unable to fetch metadata won't appear in library mode. From memory, so I might not have it exactly right, locate one of the missing items in file mode, press C to access the context menu, and choose Movie Information then Refresh. If that doesn't work, make sure the folder name and media file name is correct and complete on your disk. If you need to change the name, make the change in Windows Explorer, and then from XBMC, choose Remove from Library then Update Library from the context menu.
What if I want to use media that does not exist on imdb or tvdb. For example I have lot of 'extras' that I have ripped for tv shows that do not appear in thetvdb and some complete shows for that matter. How can I input all the necessary data for xbmc to show it properly?
AFAIK there is no way to do this in MCM either.
post #553 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel View Post

Cinema Experience isn't working for me.

I've downloaded and enabled the latest Aeon MQ 2 skin, and the latest cinema experience add-ons.

I've configured cinema experience for the audio intros, pointed it to a folder with just 1 DTSMA m2ts clip from the demo-world site... and played a movie with the cinema experience option... but it goes right to the movie, doesn't do the audio intro.

Is there a way to track down why? It seems to be configured correctly.

EDIT: I found the wiki on the Cinema Experience plugin, sorry for the bother. I've got some audio intros working now. Though not sure exactly what triggers the likes of a THX intro given the decisions on DTS/Dolby seem to be based on the target movie selection's source audio. Perhaps that's what the 'Audio\\Other' folder is for?

Could you post what you needed to change? I have had this issue for a while for several of the related clips in CE including the audio folders. The audio clips have never worked.
post #554 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhutt View Post

What if I want to use media that does not exist on imdb or tvdb. For example I have lot of 'extras' that I have ripped for tv shows that do not appear in thetvdb and some complete shows for that matter. How can I input all the necessary data for xbmc to show it properly?
AFAIK there is no way to do this in MCM either.

Use a program like Ember Media Manager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=90682
Even if you have shows that it can't fetch data for, you can double click on the file and fill in the fields as well as add posters and fan art.
Hope this helps.
post #555 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post

Go to settings and then advanced and then performance and select compact mode. That made it really fast for me.
Also MarcosQui said that:
Quote: "VERY IMPORTANT:
In version 2.7.0, many commands of version 2.6.0 were then changed or are no longer used, so to ensure that your skin works well (fast), after installing the skin is strongly recommended deleting the file guisettings.xml that is inside the folder:
C: \\ Users \\ youruser \\ AppData \\ Roaming \\ XBMC \\ userdata"
See link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81601

Thanks, I should have been more clear. I am running compact mode and the performance is OK when I am navigating around within XBMC. It's when I play a movie and MPC-HC launches that I see the problems, playback is extremely laggy and jerky. Haven't had time to do much investigation yet, may have some time this evening to play around a bit more to see what's going on.
post #556 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
JAB
AVS Special Member

If you're using XBMC in true fullscreen mode with an external player, I've seen XBMC gradually begin to consume more and more of the CPU cycles, even in the background, with each video you launch. Check XBMC's video utilization while a video is running and exhibiting these problems. The solution for me was to set XBMC to use "fake" fullscreen mode, or whatever they call it, although this has its own set of issues.
post #557 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB
Given that I don't care about Blu-ray menus, is there any reason not to simply use MPC-HC to play a mounted Blu-ray ISO instead of using TMT and instead of first ripping to MKV? I'm not seeing one. MPC-HC seems to play Blu-ray file/folder just fine, starting immediately with the main movie... I wonder how it knows which mpls to use...
if you download one of the new nightly builds, this is now doable straight from XBMC, you don't even need to mount the ISO.

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
post #558 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM
JAB
AVS Special Member

Do you know how it chooses which mpls to play?

I still need bitstreaming for my main machine, but I might switch my kids' machine first, since it only has a 2.1 speaker setup.

Thanks!
post #559 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM

Nice information, I have an XBMC setup I'm working on now, re-skinning it and customizing.
post #560 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 01:51 PM

What Skin do you think is the best, I'm using Back Row now.
post #561 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxterduke View Post

Use a program like Ember Media Manager
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=90682
Even if you have shows that it can't fetch data for, you can double click on the file and fill in the fields as well as add posters and fan art.
Hope this helps.

Unfortunately can't get this to run properly... and it seems there are many with the same problem...
keep getting SQlite error???
post #562 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM

So I purchased my dell zino hd; got everything hooked up, installed xbmc and everything looks great. There is one issue: my xbmc window does not fill my entire movie screen. I have a dedicated home theater with 120" screen. For some reason, there is about a 5 inch border around my entire image. Can anyone shed any light on this and tell me if there's a way to adjust the image to fill the entire screen?

Thanks
post #563 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeton3 View Post

So I purchased my dell zino hd; got everything hooked up, installed xbmc and everything looks great. There is one issue: my xbmc window does not fill my entire movie screen. I have a dedicated home theater with 120" screen. For some reason, there is about a 5 inch border around my entire image. Can anyone shed any light on this and tell me if there's a way to adjust the image to fill the entire screen?

Thanks

scaling setting for the video card, perhaps?
post #564 of 3237 Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:

If you wouldn't mind elaborating on this? I would love to fix this, if it is possible.

Thanks
post #565 of 3237 Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Unfortunately can't get this to run properly... and it seems there are many with the same problem...

If you read through the EMM Revisited thread on the XBMC forum you'll find that someone posted the sql file you can use to fix that issue.
post #566 of 3237 Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:

It is looking for a blank database, check here for the download link:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=206
post #567 of 3237 Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:

I was able to find a post with the answer!! Thanks
post #568 of 3237 Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 PM

can someone please explain what I need to do (step by step) to have xbmc launch powerdvd to play my blu rays. I have a dell zino with mce remote. I've already integrated xbmc and wmc. I've rippd a couple to my hdd and now trying to figure out how to play them. Please explain so I don't have tons of follow up questions, if possible.

thanks
post #569 of 3237 Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeton3 View Post

can someone please explain what i need to do (step by step) to have xbmc launch powerdvd to play my blu rays. I have a dell zino with mce remote. I've already integrated xbmc and wmc. I've rippd a couple to my hdd and now trying to figure out how to play them. Please explain so i don't have tons of follow up questions, if possible.

Thanks

+1

post #570 of 3237 Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
is there a way to enable xbmc to see my mka files, I added the folder to the library but the mka files in the folder are not seen
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page