XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 27 - AVS Forum
First ... 25  26  27 28  29  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support
Tony_Montana's Avatar Tony_Montana 10:29 AM 05-06-2011
Quote:

Now when you use the play disk button, the Blu Ray in the disk drive will play, launching the TMT3 7MC plugin (the one used for playback with Windows 7 Media Center).

could you please show me the link for this plug-in?
i have tmt5 latest version, windows7 x64

and another one question which shortcut of TMT5 i write in the playercorefactory.xml?

thanks in advance

tomjoetan's Avatar tomjoetan 12:12 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Making Windows 7 boot directly into XBMC, totally eliminating the Windows Explorer/GUI

This metod uses the Microsoft Group Policy Editor and works under the following versions of Windows
  • Windows 7 Profesional
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Windows 7 Enterprise

Home Premium does not have the Group Policy Editor so it won`t work

Setting XBMC as shell for a specific user account

-> Log in as administrator.
-> Open the start menu, and type in the search box: mmc .
-> Choose File -> Add/Remove Snap-in....
-> Select Group Policy Object Editor and hit Add.
-> In the wizard that pops up, hit Browse..., go to tab Users, select your user account and hit OK.
-> Make sure that the checkbox in the wizard is Unchecked, and hit Finish.
-> Hit OK in the Add/Remove Snap-ins window.
-> In the User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System folder, open Custom User Interface.
-> Select Enabled and enter the full path (including XBMC.exe and any switches that you may use) in the Interface file name textbox.
-> Hit OK and reboot your system. It should now log in and start XBMC automatically without showing the start menu and icons first

Temporary re-enabling the Windows Explorer for maintenance operations

-> Press CTR+ALT+Delete, then go to Task Manager
-> Select File -> New Task (Run..)
-> Type in "explorer" and press ok

I have a question regarding this method of removing windows explorer. Does this disable the ability to launch programs within windows? My setup uses my harmony remote to launch Hulu Desktop, Boxee and Netflix using AutoHotKey. But in order for this to work, I need access to startup programs and applications within windows. So if I do this will I still be able to launch the applications?
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 03:33 PM 05-06-2011
I just reinstalled XBMC. I first went with 10.1 and then decided to go to the latest nightly build (Windows). I am having an issue with the library for my Movies. For all my BluRay folder Rips and DVD Folder rips XBMC shows two of each. The first shows all the movie info/covers/fanart but when I try to play either nothing happens or I get an error. The second has no cover/fanart (just that default filmstrip), but when I go to the play the actual movie plays. Any ideas what is going on here. I have always had issues with XBMC shows folder rips correctly, I figured a clean install would fix this issue but no luck. WHat is even stranger is that this does not happen for every BluRay folder rip, but a majority of them

Also, when XBMC starts scanning my library I keep getting this error message about "Could Not Download Information - Unable To Connect To Remote Server - Would You Like To Continue Scanning".? My Movies are sourced to TMDB
GreenEyez's Avatar GreenEyez 03:59 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I just reinstalled XBMC. I first went with 10.1 and then decided to go to the latest nightly build (Windows). I am having an issue with the library for my Movies. For all my BluRay folder Rips and DVD Folder rips XBMC shows two of each. The first shows all the movie info/covers/fanart but when I try to play either nothing happens or I get an error. The second has no cover/fanart (just that default filmstrip), but when I go to the play the actual movie plays. Any ideas what is going on here. I have always had issues with XBMC shows folder rips correctly, I figured a clean install would fix this issue but no luck. WHat is even stranger is that this does not happen for every BluRay folder rip, but a majority of them

Also, when XBMC starts scanning my library I keep getting this error message about "Could Not Download Information - Unable To Connect To Remote Server - Would You Like To Continue Scanning".? My Movies are sourced to TMDB

Same here, betting 100$ that the TheMovieDB site is down and causing the issue. Using local metadata works fine, betting another 100$ that the TheMovieDB is causing the issue. Also i think you need to enable the "Use folder names for lookups" option for folder structures to be properly recognized.
But i`d wait until TMDB gets back online, i`ll test out tomorrow morning (night for you in the US) and send you a PM.

Just a quick note, due to changes in the nightly builds some addons and themes do not work correctly, just to warn you. They will introduce a new repository for the nightly builds that will only cotain addons/skin compatible with XBMC 11 Eden. The announcement was made this week and the new repo should be up soon.
GreenEyez's Avatar GreenEyez 04:02 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjoetan View Post

I have a question regarding this method of removing windows explorer. Does this disable the ability to launch programs within windows? My setup uses my harmony remote to launch Hulu Desktop, Boxee and Netflix using AutoHotKey. But in order for this to work, I need access to startup programs and applications within windows. So if I do this will I still be able to launch the applications?

Nope, programs work and launch fine, just the Windows Explorer GUI gets disabled. If you have a program hotkeyed to a certain remote button and you press it, it should launch normally. And every service/program running in the background is still active with this method. Just the Explorer GUI/service gets disabled
Apgood's Avatar Apgood 04:19 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:

Same here, betting 100$ that the TVDB site is down and causing the issue. Using local metadata works fine, betting another 100$ that the TVDB is causing the issue. Also i think you need to enable the "Use folder names for lookups" option for folder structures to be properly recognized.
But i`d wait until TMDB gets back online, i`ll test out tomorrow morning (night for you in the US) and send you a PM.

Just a quick note, due to changes in the nightly builds some addons and themes do not work correctly, just to warn you. They will introduce a new repository for the nightly builds that will only cotain addons/skin compatible with XBMC 11 Eden. The announcement was made this week and the new repo should be up soon.

Tvdb is working fine I think moviedb is the one that's down as I kept getting a message about not being able to connect to remote site when scanning for new content but as soon as I changed it to IMDB as the source everything was ok.
GreenEyez's Avatar GreenEyez 04:33 PM 05-06-2011
Crap, sry, i meant moviedb . My bad, i took a sleeping pill to kill my insomnia and it`s doing it`s job, lol
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 04:37 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:

Same here, betting 100$ that the TheMovieDB site is down and causing the issue. Using local metadata works fine, betting another 100$ that the TheMovieDB is causing the issue. Also i think you need to enable the "Use folder names for lookups" option for folder structures to be properly recognized.

yup, tmdb plugin must be down,

I had use folders names set up. I ended up having to delete the movie database, reset up the content, and then it worked. Very strange!!!
jbcain's Avatar jbcain 10:40 AM 05-07-2011
so i have a new issue, kinda weird... i have xbmc launch mpchc and upon exiting mpchc 75% of the time, i'm left with a blank screen, and sometimes xbmc reappears like it should. is there something i should be looking at.
uncola's Avatar uncola 04:11 AM 05-08-2011
anyone know when dxva is going to work with intel sandy bridge gpus? I'm on the nightly and it still doesn't work
edit: win 7 x64
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 04:18 AM 05-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post

anyone know when dxva is going to work with intel sandy bridge gpus? I'm on the nightly and it still doesn't work
edit: win 7 x64

Unfortunately intel GPU does not play nice with a lot of open source players (MPC HC/ffdshow being a perfect example). I believe this is an Intel issue and until they provide the necessary information no fix is available (so basically don't count on it anytime soon).
joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 04:40 AM 05-08-2011
Does anybody use the gmail plugin and have issues with it. I've tried it with a couple different 10.0 builds, a couple 10.1, a couple nightlies, a couple pre 11 builds with ds player and dscodec. I've yet to get it to connect even one time.
joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 04:59 AM 05-08-2011
Also when I try to launch a program from either the "launcher" plugins or the "executer" plugins they don't work. When I use the executor plugin I browse to the .exe file of the one I'm trying(I already made sure the .exe is the right one) to open and set it up. When I try to open it it takes me to the desktop and it always says "Windows cannot find C:\\Program" it never goes beyond that, wether its in programs 86 or programs 64 let alone the name of the program.

When I try to open launcher it either does the same thing or it just brings me to the desktop and says nothing. Also it won't let me back in xbmc or let me close it. I have to restart my htpc to get back into xbmc.
GreenEyez's Avatar GreenEyez 12:39 AM 05-09-2011
Update : Added Open ELEC as a supported OS for the guide (still a work in progress)
PS : Sry i don`t repospond to the issues posted here, i`m busy between work and updating the guide, hopefully by tomorrow it will be finished and i can go back to replying and fixing issues

Quote:

OpenELEC
Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center, or OpenELEC for short, is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your computer into a complete XBMC media center. OpenELEC is designed to make your system boot as fast as possible and the install is so easy that anyone can turn a blank PC into a media machine in less than 15 minutes.

The idea behind OpenELEC is to allow people to user their Home Theatre PC (HTPC) like any other device you might have attached to your TV, like a DVD player or Sky box. Instead of having to manage a full operating system, configure it and install the packages required to turn it into a hybrid media center, OpenELEC is designed to be simple to install, manage and use, making it more like running a set-top box than a full-blown computer.

Key Features
It's completely free
The whole system only takes up 80MB when installed
Minimal hardware requirements
Can easily be installed on a Compact Flash card, SD card or similar
Optimized builds for Atom, ION, etc
Simple configuration
Plug and Play external storage
Open ELEC download page (download)

joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 01:44 AM 05-09-2011
Quote:

Update : Added Open ELEC as a supported OS for the guide (still a work in progress)
PS : Sry i don`t repospond to the issues posted here, i`m busy between work and updating the guide, hopefully by tomorrow it will be finished and i can go back to replying and fixing issues

Yeah this is pretty tight somebody posted it a here a couple weeks back along with the pulse eight remote.http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/pro...rd-hybrid.aspx
jbcain's Avatar jbcain 12:28 AM 05-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcain View Post

so i have a new issue, kinda weird... i have xbmc launch mpchc and upon exiting mpchc 75% of the time, i'm left with a blank screen, and sometimes xbmc reappears like it should. is there something i should be looking at.

por qua?
thewarm's Avatar thewarm 09:59 AM 05-10-2011
Is there a way to "autoplay" a TV Show folder that contains only one episode like I could do with Media Browser? (like the way movies work)

I use my XBMC more for playing nightly TV shows than for viewing collections and would like to skip clicking on the Show folder THEN the episode! I'd like to be able to click on the folder and have the show start playing.

Thanks for any hints on how to do this (if it can be done in XBMC).
statious's Avatar statious 09:00 AM 05-11-2011
I have about 20 or so HD-DVDs that I have saved at the folder level. Is it possible for the library to pick these up or should I just convert the folders to MKV files? Obviously I would prefer to keep the folders.

If I convert them to mkv, do I need to make any changes to Makemkv?
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 09:12 AM 05-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by statious View Post

I have about 20 or so HD-DVDs that I have saved at the folder level. Is it possible for the library to pick these up or should I just convert the folders to MKV files? Obviously I would prefer to keep the folders.

If I convert them to mkv, do I need to make any changes to Makemkv?

XBMC does not support HD DVD folder rips (nor do most software any more). You can use MakeMKV just as you would a BluRay. However, I believe there is an issue where MakeMKV does not remove the pull down flag and can cause some issues with playback. An alternative would be to use ToNMT or Clown_BD to convert those HD DVDs into a BluRay folder structure
Steve Goff's Avatar Steve Goff 01:30 PM 05-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aequalszero View Post
I think that's exactly what's going on. XBMC will show MPC-HC as a player from the line. If you're on Win7 though, then the standard default file path to MPC-HC is usually:

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\\mpc-hc.exe

for the 32bit version. And for the 64bit version:

C:\\Program Files\\Media Player Classic - Home Cinema\\mpc-hc64.exe
I think the path for the 64 bit version has (64 bit) in the folder name.
dunkman23's Avatar dunkman23 07:38 PM 05-11-2011
Is there a writeup on how to load up BluRays and DVDs onto XBMC?
im looking all over, even did a search, but I dont find anything. Am i searching it wrong?
statious's Avatar statious 08:53 AM 05-12-2011
Quote:

XBMC does not support HD DVD folder rips (nor do most software any more). You can use MakeMKV just as you would a BluRay. However, I believe there is an issue where MakeMKV does not remove the pull down flag and can cause some issues with playback. An alternative would be to use ToNMT or Clown_BD to convert those HD DVDs into a BluRay folder structure

Thank you for the help. I am using Clown to covert them now. I have all of them in MKV but I cannot get anything but 2-chan so the folder rip is likely much less of a headache. Working on live tv now and setting up netflix.

Sure miss the easy setup of MB but as XBMC caught the eye of my wife I am trying to replicate much of the features and add in all of the addons for mame and such for the kids.
aequalszero's Avatar aequalszero 11:06 AM 05-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post

I think the path for the 64 bit version has (64 bit) in the folder name.

Just checked the 64bit install on my laptop - there's no (64 bit) in the folder name. It's not a particularly new version, though (1.4.2499.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkman23 View Post

Is there a writeup on how to load up BluRays and DVDs onto XBMC?
im looking all over, even did a search, but I dont find anything. Am i searching it wrong?

Do you mean just by adding files to the library? The XBMC wiki has a set-up guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Setting_Up_XBMC
jbcain's Avatar jbcain 01:35 PM 05-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcain View Post

anyone?
joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 07:49 AM 05-16-2011
With the upcoming Eden release and the new audio engine making bitstreaming available for Linux I don't see why windows users wouldn't just do a dual OS install of Linux, ubuntu being the simplest, if not, only use a Linux OS. Linux is much lighter and smoother and fairly free from viruses. With hd audio available it will be very tempting.
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 07:53 AM 05-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

With the upcoming Eden release and the new audio engine making bitstreaming available for Linux I don't see why windows users wouldn't just do a dual OS install of Linux, ubuntu being the simplest, if not, only use a Linux OS. Linux is much lighter and smoother and fairly free from viruses. With hd audio available it will be very tempting.

For the average Windows user Linux is absolutely foreign, so I don't see why they would want to use Linux. It definitely brings a good alternative to Windows for an HTPC, but if you are comfortable with Windows and it does what you need I see no reason to switch to Linux just for XBMC.
joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 08:04 AM 05-16-2011
Quote:

For the average Windows user Linux is absolutely foreign, so I don't see why they would want to use Linux. It definitely brings a good alternative to Windows for an HTPC, but if you are comfortable with Windows and it does what you need I see no reason to switch to Linux just for XBMC.

I have never once used Linux until about a month ago and its extremely simple. So I think I would very much recommend Linux instead of windows, it so much quicker and smoother than windows. Because your htpc is primarily your media centre its not a big deal at all to switch OS if it results in a smoother, quicker, less hassled experience for xbmc users. I see no reason not to, unless there are no programs available that you use for linux downloads. The majority of downloads of programs for me are Directshow programs that aren't available on Linux anyway and won't be necessary for the new audio engine.
dbone1026's Avatar dbone1026 08:09 AM 05-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

I have never once used Linux until about a month ago and its extremely simple. So I think I would very much recommend Linux instead of windows, it so much quicker and smoother than windows. Because your htpc is primarily your media centre its not a big deal at all to switch OS if it results in a smoother, quicker, less hassled experience for xbmc users. I see no reason not to, unless there are no programs available that you use for linux downloads. The majority of downloads of programs for me are Directshow programs that aren't available on Linux anyway and won't be necessary for the new audio engine.

It all comes down to how you use your HTPC though. The first issue is making sure you have proper driver support. After that you then need to go down the list of software you use on your HTPC and sort through what makes the most sense. For most people they are the most familiar with and comfortable with Windows, so that is where you will generally see more movement towards. Getting the HD Audio working in Linux is definitely a big plus
joeydrunk's Avatar joeydrunk 08:16 AM 05-16-2011
Quote:

It all comes down to how you use your HTPC though. The first issue is making sure you have proper driver support. After that you then need to go down the list of software you use on your HTPC and sort through what makes the most sense. For most people they are the most familiar with and comfortable with Windows, so that is where you will generally see more movement towards. Getting the HD Audio working in Linux is definitely a big plus

I agree but if you have all the driver support you need and can find all of your htpc programs in Linux (besides Directshow shouldn't be that difficult now days) I see absolutly no reason why you wouldn't want to switch. Like I said I'm a new user, I have W7 and Ubuntu wich I can boot into either from, so you don't need to get rid if windows if you don't like Linux. It will be a plus all around.
mbbransc's Avatar mbbransc 08:31 AM 05-16-2011
Like dbone said, it is about how you use your HTPC. I use WMC to watch and record live TV because it seems like the best alternative to me. I use WMC to launch XBMC for all video playback.

But I also use my HTPC for ESPN (which appears to only fill screen properly using IE) and Netflix.

For me, Windows is a much simpler solution.
First ... 25  26  27 28  29  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop