Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 3238 Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I removed DS Player from the guide until a new version based on Dharma is released (this will happen this month). If you still want to use it, dbone has a nice writeup on it (i see he gave you the link).

Yes, the Intel HD graphics can bitstream HD audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 3238 Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Do we really need to re-invent the wheel here - all these questions and more are answered regularly in the xbmc forums.

I'm not saying that a user guide isn't a worthwhile exercise, just that the types of queries it generates are probably better served by being asked of the experts in the correct forum.
Well, i`m trying to sumarize most of the guides on the XBMC forum into one "starter" guide to get people started on XBMC or 7MC. I can`t possible include all the information, so people who want to tinker around more still need to get to the XBMC forums for more advanced features and information.
post #63 of 3238 Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Wasn't meant as a critiscm mate, knock youreslf out - but you can see even at this early stage, the types of queries being asked. A quick search in the xbmc forums would answer most if not all.
post #64 of 3238 Old 12-07-2010, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankspin View Post

How is your folder structure, do you have two for TV Shows? it's possible you're seeing both when going through Videos because it's not in Library mode. If you're in Library mode it consolidates all the sources into their defined categories. ie: two folder labeled TV Shows and TVShows will show up under "TV Shows" in library mode, kind of like a unified inbox.

No I only have one TV Show folder.

I have three total:

DVD's
HD Movies
TV Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

You also say xbmc dosn't bitstream hd audio. You mention the "ds player" what is that, and how can I get hd audio played out of xbmc? or Do I need to use another media center for hd?

I think a future version of Dharma will do this. They say DS is not stable and I would rather wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMitsiFan View Post

+1

Oops...forgot to add what I'm "+1-ing"... I agree with others that the XBMC forums (although info rich if you dig looooong enough) can sometimes be a long haul without finding an answer to your specific issue.

Agreed. And noobs like us are not always welcomed with open arms. It's nice to have a place to bounce these kinds of questions off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

I removed DS Player from the guide until a new version based on Dharma is released (this will happen this month). If you still want to use it, dbone has a nice writeup on it (i see he gave you the link).

Yes, the Intel HD graphics can bitstream HD audio

Please let us know when the new version hits.
post #65 of 3238 Old 12-07-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post

No I only have one TV Show folder.

I have three total:

DVD's
HD Movies
TV Shows

Agreed. And noobs like us are not always welcomed with open arms. It's nice to have a place to bounce these kinds of questions off of.

Change your view to Library mode and see if it does the same. When you go into Videos pull up the menu (you can usually doing it by hitting left on the keyboard) and select View: Library

Do not be put off by the guys on those forums. Much like here they are willing to help if you make the effort to find the answers your self.
post #66 of 3238 Old 12-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Thanks. I will give that a shot tonight.

All we need it HD sound and we are on !!!! I love this program.

My subtitle issues I had with WMC are gone !

Now to sit down and watch something and see if my stuttering picture is also resolved.
post #67 of 3238 Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Watched on movie last night and had zero issues. Sound was pretty good even if not HD and no stuttering or pausing. I am a happy camper.
post #68 of 3238 Old 12-09-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post

Thanks. I will give that a shot tonight.

All we need it HD sound and we are on !!!! I love this program.

My subtitle issues I had with WMC are gone !

Now to sit down and watch something and see if my stuttering picture is also resolved.

A really useful plug-in to get for XBMC is the Subtitles plug-in. If you have a movie with no subtitles you can use this plugin to call out to Opensubtitles.org and it will download the appropriate subtitles for your movie; surprisingly too it's of the more functional plug-ins on XBMC.
post #69 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Quick question:

I just installed the latest nightly build and cannot get AEON to install. Downloaded from the github page, point XBMC to the zip file, and it errors almost right away.

Any idea what would cause this?

EDIT: Also tried the build linked in the first part of this guide with no luck. The download link to the skin is also dead, so I grabbed it of XBMC.org's link.
post #70 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black993 View Post

Quick question:

I just installed the latest nightly build and cannot get AEON to install. Downloaded from the github page, point XBMC to the zip file, and it errors almost right away.

EDIT: Also tried the build linked in the first part of this guide with no luck. The download link to the skin is also dead, so I grabbed it of XBMC.org's link.

If you're new to XBMC I would recommend staying away from the nightly builds at first. What you're experiencing is why I make this recommendation. Sometimes the tiniest of build updates will break a skin or plug-in.

If a skin isn't available through the Add-Ons section I'll go through the forums for the latest release. That is where you can find out if there is issues with the skin and the current nightly/release or if it's even being updated. Some of the modders will also note which version is required to make it work right in the first post.
post #71 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Got it sorted out. I downloaded the wrong file off the github page...duh. I did find the proper one via the XBMC forum.

I am new to this, and I did have one other question....
For some reason I cannot get my music to load. It sees the folders, but they all appear empty in XBMC. Any idea why that might be?
post #72 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quick question:

My bad, i linked the direct github download instead of the forum link. Here you go, Aeon MQ download link + Aeon MQ skins (yes, the new version even has skins) : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81601
post #73 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankspin View Post

A really useful plug-in to get for XBMC is the Subtitles plug-in. If you have a movie with no subtitles you can use this plugin to call out to Opensubtitles.org and it will download the appropriate subtitles for your movie; surprisingly too it's of the more functional plug-ins on XBMC.

+7 other subtitle providers
post #74 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Congrats on the sticky.

There are a couple of things I wish metadata fetchers would do, and none currently support -

- 'extrafanart' support. Skins such as Night can cycle through different backgrounmds for movies and tv shows, makes it a much more pleasant experience. They look for these in a folder called extrafanart. Some of the fetchers can get all the pictures but you have to move them into that directory manually or with a script.

- A single actors directory. Actor info goes into an '.actors' folder under each movie, but it produces a lot of duplicates. The scraper could create a single \\actor folder at the root, and then symlink it. I think this is an XBMC issue though, I will suggest it.

- Movie sets - this is a nice Xbmc feature which I think on ly Ember supports.

I'm actually thinking of writing my own scraper program.
post #75 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:

My bad, i linked the direct github download instead of the forum link. Here you go, Aeon MQ download link + Aeon MQ skins (yes, the new version even has skins) : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=81601

Thanks, that looks like where I actually found it myself. And thanks for putting this thread together. Been very helpful.

Still not understanding why it doesn't see my music though.
They are MP3 format, in a folder called PUBLIC MUSIC and then in subfolders by album. XBMC sees the folders, but nothing inside of them.....
post #76 of 3238 Old 12-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Thanks, that looks like where I actually found it myself. And thanks for putting this thread together. Been very helpful.

Still not understanding why it doesn't see my music though.
They are MP3 format, in a folder called PUBLIC MUSIC and then in subfolders by album. XBMC sees the folders, but nothing inside of them.....

Is everything tagged properly?
post #77 of 3238 Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Full Blu Ray support using Total Media Theater 3/5

Software

TMT 3/5 configuration

Install/update to the latest version.
In options, the audio tab :
-> For bitstreaming : Select HDMI and "Use primary audio"
-> For analog audio : Choose your speaker configuration
-> Make sure hardware acceleration is turned on.

XBMC config file

-> Enable "Hidden files and folders" in the Windows Explorer options
-> Place the downloaded Playercorefactory.xml file inside : C:\\Users\\\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\UserData

Now when you use the play disk button, the Blu Ray in the disk drive will play, launching the TMT3 7MC plugin (the one used for playback with Windows 7 Media Center).

I apologize in advance for the long post...

I'm just pulling my hair out here...I've followed this and no love. First, I installed XBMX RC2 and tried to play a BD ISO and nothing (sometimes a pop-up says "playback failed, check log"... I have't checked any logs, will probably go to the XBMC forums with log help, if needed.

I used ClownBD to convert the ISO to a mt2s file and now XBMC plays the movie. This would be fine, but it takes soooo long for ClownBD to fnish.

I discovered your guide and was excited to see I can use TMT to get BD payback...

So, I installed TMT5 (trial version...could this be my problem??) and dropped the playercorefactory.xml into the described directory and still nothing. I did notice that I had to edit this file so the path to uMEDVDPlayer is correct (see copied line below). *Note: I am running Win7 64 Pro, so Program Files has the added (x86)..should there be a space after "Program Files" between the (x86)? I'll try removing the space...

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\uMCEDVDPlayer5.exe

The next line in the .xml refers to "D:" Should I be changing this to the server path where my ISO's are stored? Leave it alone?

I launched 7MC and the TMT 5 plugin is present and it works...

I really, really want BD's to play through XBMC (ISO or folers...don't care). I'm guessing it shouldn't matter which style I choose (ISO or folders), but I have all my DVD's ripped to ISO and would prefer to keep that the same.

Win7 64 Pro OS
i3 550
ASUS P7H55M-PRO MB (4 Gig of RAM)
Using the on-board Intel Graphics
post #78 of 3238 Old 12-11-2010, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, first of all it`s my bad too. The playercore config xml is for TMT3 not TMt5. I haven`t yet tested out TMT5 to see if it works. Also, that is for BR disks. Basically for popping in the disk and hitting "Play disk" on the main menu. I`ll test TMT5 and launching TMT3/5 for rips out tonight and add it to the guide

I need to clarify some things (and add them to the guide).
-> XBMC cannot playback ISO Blu Ray rips. Support will be added for this in the future. DVD ISO images work fine, ofc
-> XBMC can playback BR folder rips in the native player but without BR menu support and BR Java. It only plays the main movie, with audio stream/subtitle stream support ofc (you can change them via the OSD as like any other file type).

Basically if you only rip the main movie, you should be fine with BR folder rips or ripping to MKV, for the built in player.
post #79 of 3238 Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 PM
JDz

I have a question....I've never tried XBMC but have messed around with Mediabrowser for a while. Can I install both programs at the same time without conflicts to see which I like better? I have Windows 7 btw if it matters.
post #80 of 3238 Old 12-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
I have a question....I've never tried XBMC but have messed around with Mediabrowser for a while. Can I install both programs at the same time without conflicts to see which I like better? I have Windows 7 btw if it matters.
Mediabrowser is a plug in for 7MC specifically, so yes you can.

The views in XBMC natively do what MediaBrowser does for 7MC.
post #81 of 3238 Old 12-12-2010, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
If you want you can even set XBMC to launch from WMC:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010...-media-center/

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #82 of 3238 Old 12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Ok, first of all it`s my bad too. The playercore config xml is for TMT3 not TMt5. I haven`t yet tested out TMT5 to see if it works. Also, that is for BR disks. Basically for popping in the disk and hitting "Play disk" on the main menu. I`ll test TMT5 and launching TMT3/5 for rips out tonight and add it to the guide

I need to clarify some things (and add them to the guide).
-> XBMC cannot playback ISO Blu Ray rips. Support will be added for this in the future. DVD ISO images work fine, ofc
-> XBMC can playback BR folder rips in the native player but without BR menu support and BR Java. It only plays the main movie, with audio stream/subtitle stream support ofc (you can change them via the OSD as like any other file type).

Basically if you only rip the main movie, you should be fine with BR folder rips or ripping to MKV, for the built in player.

I know English is not your first language but you type it quite well.

However, in your contractions you are using the ` grave accent key instead of the ' apostrophe key.

Maybe you already knew this and it's just matter of keyboard layout, but I figured you would like to know if you didn't already know.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
post #83 of 3238 Old 12-13-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

Congrats on the sticky.

There are a couple of things I wish metadata fetchers would do, and none currently support -

- 'extrafanart' support. Skins such as Night can cycle through different backgrounmds for movies and tv shows, makes it a much more pleasant experience. They look for these in a folder called extrafanart. Some of the fetchers can get all the pictures but you have to move them into that directory manually or with a script.

- A single actors directory. Actor info goes into an '.actors' folder under each movie, but it produces a lot of duplicates. The scraper could create a single \\actor folder at the root, and then symlink it. I think this is an XBMC issue though, I will suggest it.

- Movie sets - this is a nice Xbmc feature which I think on ly Ember supports.

I'm actually thinking of writing my own scraper program.

I currently use back row... and I have a number of backgrounds downloaded for each movie I have.

Safe to assume they will not cycle then ?
post #84 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 38
New skin in development which looks really good - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=86762
This is what makes XBMC so great, other platforms simply don't have such a large dev community.

jimjimmyjones85, I don't have backrow and I did a quick search, I don't think the skin supports extrafanart yet. I know Night does and that's what I use.

[edit] Here's the skin comparison wiki - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title..._skin_features
According to it, not sure if Backrow supports that yet.
post #85 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 AM
AVS Special Member

XBMC by default does not cycle backdrops, that`s one of the features since switching to XBMC from media browser. Some skins have some hacks that enable this, but most are just hackjobs.
Support for multiple backdrops in the XBMC trunk has been added as a feature request . Hope it gets approved.

Btw, here`s a config xml for those who want to have the update library function also clean the library at the same time : download . put it in : C:\\Users\\\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\UserData folder
I`ve also added it to the guide. I`ve also added the TMT5 playercore.xml file, alongside the TMT3 one.
post #86 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

New skin in development which looks really good - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=86762

This is what makes XBMC so great, other platforms simply don't have such a large dev community.

jimjimmyjones85, I don't have backrow and I did a quick search, I don't think the skin supports extrafanart yet. I know Night does and that's what I use.

Holy f*ck . I love it, i looks similar to the Pearl theme (with a black colorscheme instead) for Media browser. Love it.

Yes, XBMC has a large dev community, but i would with they would start focusing more on PVR support, a lot of people put XBMC out of the list because of that
post #87 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, the more i dig in to XBMC plugins, the more i love it. Here`s a really cool one :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=83925

TV Tunes. Once you start the app, it downloads a TV tune for each TV series you have in the library, then automatically plays them when you browse that specific TV Series episode list. For example when you browser your True Blood library, the true blood theme will play in the background.

Adding this to the plugins list, really nice feature and gives a lot of style to your XBMC library.
post #88 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post

I know English is not your first language but you type it quite well.

However, in your contractions you are using the ` grave accent key instead of the ' apostrophe key.

Maybe you already knew this and it's just matter of keyboard layout, but I figured you would like to know if you didn't already know.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Thanks. I use ` instead of ' because of habbit, but i'll try to get rid of that habbit. Didn't even know that ' is the correct one, i thought both are
post #89 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

post #90 of 3238 Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 AM

The TVTunes Plug-In and better Netflix integration make XBMC really compelling again. Maybe I need to go back in the mean time until there is a proper review of the HDHRP
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page