1Likes

post #991 of 3206 Old 08-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Can you give me the names of 2-3 movies that XBMC doesn`t add in the library so i can check it out? Tehnically, even if MCM doesn`t add the .nfo file, the XBMC scrapper still kicks in, searching for the movie. So the movie either isn`t in the moviedb.org databse, or it`s improperly named.

One of the movies was the Kings Speech. I moved that movie to another drive which i have xbmc set to scan in and also changed nothing to file structure. Now it shows up in xbmc. So im ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 3206 Old 08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

I need to revisit EMM-r. I stopped using it because the scrapers were's working, so I started using MCM. MCM also renames folders which Ember didn't do last time I checked.

BTW:
it renames and directorizes things like a champ if that what you want it to do. Its figuring out how to tell it to do it EMM has more than a few config settings.

I started using MCM only last year after many years of XBMC usage. I had tried Media Companion a long time ago and never liked it. Intially loved MCM for its simplicity and auto features. Eventually wanted more control and ability to create custom NFO's easily so I tried ember.

It was totally overwhelming at first trying to understand what it did. After 1/2 day of tweaking and tested I was hooked. Ember is a definte power user's tool.

with any of the tools I always recommend testing them out on a small backup movie directory first until you know what you are doing.

Its very easy with MCM, Ember or any of these programs to do some permanent damage to your media library if your not careful.
post #993 of 3206 Old 08-29-2011, 05:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

Have a look at this...http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=103954

Hey! Thank you for this link. I just got around to checking it out.
I downloaded and did a quick test with only about 10 videos. Seemed to work great. I think this will be exactly what I needed.
One more step toward the perfect HTPC setup!!!
post #994 of 3206 Old 08-30-2011, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've been mucking with XBMC again and really liked loading it as a shell through the Group Policy Editor. My only problem is that on bootup none of the "systray" services load, including my GigE ethernet driver, so I lose internet access. I looked at the wiki and google-fu hasn't helped, any thoughts?

It's on an intel DH61AG board using their latest driver.
post #995 of 3206 Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Okie so my audio is out of sync so i uses Audio Clock and delayed to .200ms, it works great but my video would jump forward randomly ? Any fix/solution to this ? thanks
post #996 of 3206 Old 08-30-2011, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Why bother with either - XBMC internal scraper is more than capable. Providing movies/TV Shows are named correctly it will scrape correctly. If you want nfo files, then export your library data (after XBMC scrape) to seperate files, from System\\System\\Videos\\Export Library follow on-screen instructions, this will place the nfo and image files directly into your movie/TV Show folder.

How much more control do you need - Poster Art/Backdrops etc can all be changed from directly within XBMC, without the need to use a seperate programme.

The final piece to this puzzle, you don't have to rely on half-baked apps, that may or may not conform to XBMC coding changes.

Have never quite understood the need for anything more. Purely my opinion mind

One reason is to get extrafanart, extrathumbs, trailers etc. Not all skins support these so its not part of XBMC scrapers, but it really adds to the experience.

Also the scrapers (in whatever program) inevitably will make a mistake and its easier to fix that in a standalone app.

In fact there is a desire among official XBMC team to separate out he scraping and library management features into a separate backend which can run on a server. Its a very requested feature, wonder if it will ever happen.
post #997 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

I want to start using my harmony remote to launch and control XBMC.

1)What type of IR receiver do I need to buy?
2)What profile do I load into the harmony remote?
post #998 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I am in the same boat.. from what I understand you need an rc6 capable ir receiver. I have a dvico ir receiver and it does not work. Even if I use dvico's program to map keys. So I just picked up an rc6 ir receiver for $16 shipped from texas. You can spend $5 more and get the remote too if you order from a Chinese seller. Didnt want to do that. Once you have an rc6 ir receiver, you can follow these instructions -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=77519
post #999 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim tressler View Post

I am in the same boat.. from what I understand you need an rc6 capable ir receiver. I have a dvico ir receiver and it does not work. Even if I use dvico's program to map keys. So I just picked up an rc6 ir receiver for $16 shipped from texas. You can spend $5 more and get the remote too if you order from a Chinese seller. Didnt want to do that. Once you have an rc6 ir receiver, you can follow these instructions -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post

You're Da Man Now, Dog!

Exactly what I needed, ebay has a shitload of the HP receivers
post #1000 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
I have several older DVDs...Das Boot, The Right Stuff, The Godfather Part II, etc. that are 2 discs. I currently have these in the movies folder as "The Godfather Part II Disc 1" and "The Godfather Part II Disc 2" (ex). The scraper does not pick these up at all.

Should I put "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" under "The Godfather Part II" or is that not going to work either?

Would it make more sense to convert these to .mkv and join them instead? (I'd rather not do this if not necessary.)

Thanks!
Brian
post #1001 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim tressler View Post

For a few dollars more, Amazon has

Noah Company MediaGate GP-IR02BK Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate MCE Remote Control, 2 Channel IR

Not that it's worth a few dollars more but it's another choice. I use the receiver
with my Harmony 700.
post #1002 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 11:44 PM

is it better to have "Sync playback to display " on or off ?
post #1003 of 3206 Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestmelody View Post

Hey guys I have an interesting situation. I just bought an ASUS ENGT430 to hook up my desktop to my Yamaha RX-V667 receiver via HDMI that's going out to my Samsung LNA450 TV also via HDMI. I can play any video on VLC fine and everything goes through with sound and no stuttering with HD full screen-- super happy about that. But for some reason soem videos won't play in XBMC-- my TV goes blank and says "This display mode is not supported." These same videos play fine when I'm not in XBMC, and in fact, when I have the XBMC menu up the videos are playing fine behind the menu and displaying. So what gives?

I was originally thinking this was an HDCP issue but since the video plays in VLC that doesn't seem likely to be the case.

cause your Tv can't do the refresh rate that the video file is playing. XMBC will try to adjust your TV to match the video refresh rate. Chances are you were playing a movie that is 24p. Your Tv can't do 24p that's why. So to fix this, go in settings - video and turn off "adjust refresh rate to video"
post #1004 of 3206 Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

I have several older DVDs...Das Boot, The Right Stuff, The Godfather Part II, etc. that are 2 discs. I currently have these in the movies folder as "The Godfather Part II Disc 1" and "The Godfather Part II Disc 2" (ex). The scraper does not pick these up at all.

Should I put "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" under "The Godfather Part II" or is that not going to work either?

Would it make more sense to convert these to .mkv and join them instead? (I'd rather not do this if not necessary.)

Thanks!
Brian

Put both files in the same folder named for the movie
The Godfather Part II (1974)

then name the files.
The Godfather Part II (1974)-cd1
The Godfather Part II (1974)-cd2

When you select the movie in xbmc it should ask you which disc to play
post #1005 of 3206 Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

using the latest nightly I cant get the movie scrapper to keep the "scan automatically" checked for the various sources. When I back out and go back in its unchecked. Anyone else experiencing this?
post #1006 of 3206 Old 09-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Nope, that`s how it should be.

Thanks.

How should I do TV shows as they don't pick up at all ?

----

Also, excuse the noob questions again, but I have put Aeonmq up as my skin.

I select the view I want (e.g. Coverflow). but when I go to my movies it shows the list with the poster to the left and I cannot change it to the view I wanted. What am I doing wrong ?
post #1007 of 3206 Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhutt View Post

Put both files in the same folder named for the movie
The Godfather Part II (1974)

then name the files.
The Godfather Part II (1974)-cd1
The Godfather Part II (1974)-cd2

When you select the movie in xbmc it should ask you which disc to play

Thanks! That takes care of that problem.

Now what about all the Disney movies (i.e. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan) that I had with the correct year and now the program has changed completely to some other films with the same title?

What is the procedure to correctly have it identify the film?

Other problems with misidentification: Planet of the Apes, Rear Window (although this was under the Hitchcock Collection directory and it identified all the other films properly) and Escape from New York...it keeps switching this film to something dated 2013 with no poster. I have more, but just the procedure on how to get the program to erase the current info and change to the correct would be much appreciated!

Lastly,
I have avi files of Looney Tunes The Golden Collection. There are multiple volumes and multiple discs per volume. How should I title these and how many directories deep would work? Main>Volume>Disc doesn't work.

Thanks!
Brian
post #1008 of 3206 Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Brian

Misidentification normally stems from differing names to the scraper source - make sure all your titles match exactly those of the db you use (the Moviedb or IMDB, whatever). If there are discrepancies call up the context menu on the film in question - choose 'Movie Information, then Refresh' you will then be presneted with possible alternative titles choose the correct one and your good to go.

To avoid mismatches in titles it best to include the year as well in the folder title - if they are in seperate folders - eg Escape To New York (1981), again follow the previous instruction to correct any errors.
post #1009 of 3206 Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks! That takes care of that problem.

Now what about all the Disney movies (i.e. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan) that I had with the correct year and now the program has changed completely to some other films with the same title?

What is the procedure to correctly have it identify the film?

Other problems with misidentification: Planet of the Apes, Rear Window (although this was under the Hitchcock Collection directory and it identified all the other films properly) and Escape from New York...it keeps switching this film to something dated 2013 with no poster. I have more, but just the procedure on how to get the program to erase the current info and change to the correct would be much appreciated!

Lastly,
I have avi files of Looney Tunes The Golden Collection. There are multiple volumes and multiple discs per volume. How should I title these and how many directories deep would work? Main>Volume>Disc doesn't work.

Thanks!
Brian

Adding to what steelman said adding the IMDb reference # to the file also works, its probably the best way to get an exact match for a title its not finding

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #1010 of 3206 Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post

Thanks.

How should I do TV shows as they don't pick up at all ?

----

Also, excuse the noob questions again, but I have put Aeonmq up as my skin.

I select the view I want (e.g. Coverflow). but when I go to my movies it shows the list with the poster to the left and I cannot change it to the view I wanted. What am I doing wrong ?

Just trying to keep my questions on the radar
post #1011 of 3206 Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Are the TV shows listed on theTVDB.com and are they named correctly (tvshow.s01e01.mkv)?

If its still not picking it up you can use a 3rd party media manager like Ember to do it manually.
post #1012 of 3206 Old 09-02-2011, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Brian

Misidentification normally stems from differing names to the scraper source - make sure all your titles match exactly those of the db you use (the Moviedb or IMDB, whatever). If there are discrepancies call up the context menu on the film in question - choose 'Movie Information, then Refresh' you will then be presneted with possible alternative titles choose the correct one and your good to go.

To avoid mismatches in titles it best to include the year as well in the folder title - if they are in seperate folders - eg Escape To New York (1981), again follow the previous instruction to correct any errors.

I should have been more clear. I'm using Media Center Master as recommended in this guide. Is there an easy way to edit/fix within the scraper?

Brian
post #1013 of 3206 Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 PM

Maybe someone here can help me. I'm trying to set up an external player in XBMC. I've set up a playercorefactory file with a playISO.bat file to play my 3d bluray isos. When I try to play these isos, all I get is the same view on the screen except a box that says "external player playing press ok when playback is finished" and a small picture of a disc in the upper left corner. The iso seems to mount with VCD,but doesn't ever open the external player.

If any of you experts here could help I would be very appreciative.

Thanks
post #1014 of 3206 Old 09-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

I should have been more clear. I'm using Media Center Master as recommended in this guide. Is there an easy way to edit/fix within the scraper?

Brian

When I have had a mis-identification w/MCM, I deleted all the scraped files from the movie folder, changed the folder and filename, then tried again.
post #1015 of 3206 Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM

I'm sure it's been asked many of times, but does XBMC support DTS HD and True HD audio?
post #1016 of 3206 Old 09-03-2011, 06:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiiDSmoker
I'm sure it's been asked many of times, but does XBMC support DTS HD and True HD audio?
Soon but not yet

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #1017 of 3206 Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Not yet.. soon though. Its supposed to make it into the nightlies soon.
post #1018 of 3206 Old 09-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:

Brian

That is why I don't use MCM... read my post #981

In my 'opinion' EMM is the best option. Scrape each movie individually and you have total control with a nice interface to navigate through.
post #1019 of 3206 Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 118
Is there an idiots guide to getting an external player working for BD playback? I'd like to use TMT3 for my .ISO's. Thanks for any help!

The above post is 100% medically accurate

31 Days of Horror:

post #1020 of 3206 Old 09-05-2011, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

the latest nightlies now play blu ray iso files. Only plays the movie and there are no menus. Dont know how long its been there but I tried it last night with an iso and it played it.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page