I'm fairly new at the XBMC scene but hoping I can get some guidance to some issues I've been having.
When playing back a movie that has DTS HD or True DD I've been getting a fair amount of audio drops.
I'm running my laptop via HDMI to a DTS-MA receiver (Marantz SR8002). Video display is a projector (PT AE 4000)
The laptop that I'm using is a Dell XPS, with an I3, 8gig Ram, 64 bit W7, GeForce GT420M video/sound card.
On the XBMC setting for video I have under system, video settings, playback:
- render methond - Auto Detect
- allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2) - off
- adjust display refresh rate to match video - off
- pause during refresh rate - off
- sync playback to display - off
- A/V sync method - not able to adjust
Under system, system, video output:
- Full Screen #1
- resolution 1920x1080
- use a full screen window rather than a true full screen - off
Under system, system, audio output:
- Audio output - HDMI
- speaker config - 7.1
- boost volume on downmix - off
- ALL decodes - ON
- Use exclusive mode - off
- Audio output devise - SR8002 (recognizes the receiver)
- pass though output device - error - no divices found
I've followed the thread "Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player" from a previous thread.
My receiver is decoding all codecs but I then run into the audio dropping.
I'm hoping its just a simple fix but a little help would be appreciated if I'm missing something. I'm getting frustrated and struggling with this. Am I the only one having this problem???????