post #1171 of 3277 Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

LOL.... the grammar police are funny. I am going to work harder to make more typos in the future.

`Adjust refresh rate to match Video' does what you said.

so what does "Sync playback to display" accomplish?

From my observations, what it is doing is detecting how far off the sync is between the video output and the display expected input, and it then speeds up or slows down the video sync to get the two to match up. When playing a video from my i3, it will show that sync is +.01% which would correspond to the difference between the i3 23.978 output and the 23.976 input that my TV is expecting.

This prevents frames from dropping.

The down-side is it must re-sample the audio to do this, so if the sync were far enough off it could cause audio pops or glitches (I have not experienced this).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3277 Old 10-21-2011, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith View Post

if you want BD menus on a PC.

your OS in windows and you need some paid commercial software like TMT or PowerDVD etc.....

There is no solution for linux or mac.

you other choices are media streamers like the PCH C-200 and Dune Smart Series players.

Sean

Thanks for your reply. Your mention of the PCH C200 reminds me you can put a BD-ROM in those--I wonder how they playback a commercial BD with all its warts...they're certainly not Windows boxes. Guess I will look into that to see how they do it.
post #1173 of 3277 Old 10-21-2011, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 77
PCH is very good at playing BD ISO. Unfortunately it is also very slow, very clunky, etc.
post #1174 of 3277 Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

From my observations, what it is doing is detecting how far off the sync is between the video output and the display expected input, and it then speeds up or slows down the video sync to get the two to match up. When playing a video from my i3, it will show that sync is +.01% which would correspond to the difference between the i3 23.978 output and the 23.976 input that my TV is expecting.

This prevents frames from dropping.

The down-side is it must re-sample the audio to do this, so if the sync were far enough off it could cause audio pops or glitches (I have not experienced this).

Yup, that`s exactly what it does. Similar to ReClock
post #1175 of 3277 Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

b) Qualcommn/ARM and the rest all use GPU decoding for h.264/VC-1/MPEG 2 playback. They use PowerVR GPUs (funny enough, since Intel was to incompetent to make their own GPUs, they also licensed PowerVR tech for their i3/i5 CPUs)

Precisely speaking, licensing from Imagination Technologies is limited to GMA 500 in SCH for Atom processor Z5xx series and Media Processor CE3100/Atom CE4100 SoC. The mainstream GMAs and Intel HD Graphics (2k/3k) are Intel's own.
post #1176 of 3277 Old 10-30-2011, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Do I get the disc "covers" (skins?) to show up instead of this list?
I downloaded MCM, and have it set per the first page in the thread.
But go to the video section of xbmc, and this is the screen shot.
Also, down loaded media stream redux, and it wont let me disable that addon, it will not come "ungreyed". I even uninstalled xbmc to start over, reinstalled, and it was still there?
LL

Lot's of low rent stuff stacked up into a medium rent pile.
post #1177 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital desire View Post

Do I get the disc "covers" (skins?) to show up instead of this list?
I downloaded MCM, and have it set per the first page in the thread.
But go to the video section of xbmc, and this is the screen shot.
Also, down loaded media stream redux, and it wont let me disable that addon, it will not come "ungreyed". I even uninstalled xbmc to start over, reinstalled, and it was still there?

You need to use "Library Mode" to show the covers. If its grayed you need to set up your sources and let XBMC scan them into its database.

The Add On you can remove manually by deleting it folder from the XBMC directory on your HDD.
post #1178 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Coffeeguy, (I am a home roaster also, life is too short for crappy coffee!) I did recheck that I had it set up to import form that drive, like the screen shot shows, and I pressed OK.

I also find it interesting that I can remove completely XBMC, download and re-install, and my settings are still current! How does that work? WIN 7 must not be totally removing the program?

Anyway, thanks for any help in getting this to look right.
LL

post #1179 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I just use the built in scrapper with imdb as the source. Works great. For example - "Grown_ups" should be "Grown Ups (2010)" - scrapper finds it and updates cover art and like accordingly.
post #1180 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I also find it interesting that I can remove completely XBMC, download and re-install, and my settings are still current! How does that work? WIN 7 must not be totally removing the program?

The appdata folder probably isn't removed.

From Run type: %appdata%

You should see a directory XBMC

All user settings, library databases, addons etc are stored in this directory.
post #1181 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I know I saw the scrapper function at one time, and now can not seem to find it.
Something I am doing is wrong (obviously). Look at the screen shot below, I hit the path (enable playlist at startup), and the OK on the left is greyed out.
LL

post #1182 of 3277 Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I believe you set the scrapper up when you add the data source - ie.. the folder. You tell it to use moviedb add on and tell it where to look. So go to the video source page, right click on the source (c or what ever you named it, select "set content" - tell it whats in there and then configure moviedb plug in right from the set content screen.
post #1183 of 3277 Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks Coffeeguy, (I am a home roaster also, life is too short for crappy coffee!) I did recheck that I had it set up to import form that drive, like the screen shot shows, and I pressed OK.

I miss coffee. I had a Retail /wholesale shop (sold it 2009). We did both for for a few years in the middle. Retail side unfortunately was a money sucking vampire.
post #1184 of 3277 Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 AM

Hi,

i have a question

I have all my collection in number of 2 or 3 folders in the form of file names as below.

i.e. folders on Nas drive

\\Video\\HD Movies\\HD to Watch
\\Video\\HD Movies\\HD Movies
\\Video\\HD Movies\\Full Bluray
etc

i.e. filenames with each of the above folders

Avatar [2010 DTS-HD 1080p CtrlHD].mkv
Iron Man 2 [2010 DTS 1080p Wiki].mkv
etc

at the moment i mainly use my HDI Dune Prime 3.0 with Yadis 2 (http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25899)

now this create a single folder in my library with all the coverart and descriptions

i.e. \\Video\\Yadis

the Above folder has multiple subfolder for all my moves etc and I navigate to this folder and it automatically opens Yadis movie library which i update and add movies in Windows 7 and export to the NAS drive or any other media i prefer.

now the question

1) is their any scaper/skinner/covertart which stores all movie info/covertart into a single folder (with multiple folders within) which automatically launches with XMBC without the need to move each movie into its own folder?

a5ian300zx

TV: Panasonic 55" TX-P55VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee v3 Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Popcorn Hour A410 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #1185 of 3277 Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 PM

Liked: 10
Good day,

I'm fairly new at the XBMC scene but hoping I can get some guidance to some issues I've been having.

When playing back a movie that has DTS HD or True DD I've been getting a fair amount of audio drops.

I'm running my laptop via HDMI to a DTS-MA receiver (Marantz SR8002). Video display is a projector (PT AE 4000)

The laptop that I'm using is a Dell XPS, with an I3, 8gig Ram, 64 bit W7, GeForce GT420M video/sound card.

On the XBMC setting for video I have under system, video settings, playback:
- render methond - Auto Detect
- allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2) - off
- adjust display refresh rate to match video - off
- pause during refresh rate - off
- sync playback to display - off
- A/V sync method - not able to adjust

Under system, system, video output:
- Full Screen #1
- resolution 1920x1080
- use a full screen window rather than a true full screen - off

Under system, system, audio output:
- Audio output - HDMI
- speaker config - 7.1
- boost volume on downmix - off
- ALL decodes - ON
- Use exclusive mode - off
- Audio output devise - SR8002 (recognizes the receiver)
- pass though output device - error - no divices found

I've followed the thread "Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player" from a previous thread.
My receiver is decoding all codecs but I then run into the audio dropping.

I'm hoping its just a simple fix but a little help would be appreciated if I'm missing something. I'm getting frustrated and struggling with this. Am I the only one having this problem???????
post #1186 of 3277 Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Steve - Clearly not (as I've already stated I had similar problems) and posting here isn't going to get you a different answer from the one you've already been given on the xbmc forum - that build and the aebuild in general just isn't ready and is buggy at best.

Use a nightly (and forego HD Audio), use DSPlayer (though no longer in active developement) or use an external player.

EDIT - or revert to the stable build Dharma 10.1
post #1187 of 3277 Old 11-09-2011, 08:36 AM

hi,

change the below setting and try again, I have the same receiver.

struggling to.play video, dxva2 is most important one it telling.it.to use the gpu hardware acceleration.

playback:
- render methond - Auto Detect
- allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2) - on
- adjust display refresh rate to match video - on
- pause during refresh rate - off
- sync playback to display - on.

a5ian300zx

TV: Panasonic 55" TX-P55VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee v3 Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Popcorn Hour A410 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #1188 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 10:58 AM

I have a question about using the scrapper and IMDB to get the cover arts. Is this done one time and the cover art stored on the hdd somewhere, or is it done "on the fly" each and every time?
post #1189 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post

I have a question about using the scrapper and IMDB to get the cover arts. Is this done one time and the cover art stored on the hdd somewhere, or is it done "on the fly" each and every time?

Its stored in a database in the userdata folder (c:\\user\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\xbmc\\userdata\\Datab ase)
post #1190 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Its stored in a database in the userdata folder (c:\\user\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\xbmc\\userdata\\Datab ase)

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

One more question: Say I run the default scrape using xbmc, and then I decide to also run one with a 3rd part scraper, or even a second scrape with the default xbmc using another database. Does it replace the existing cover arts and data, or supplement it? And if it supplements it, how does it choose which data to display?
post #1191 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Thanks!

One more question: Say I run the default scrape using xbmc, and then I decide to also run one with a 3rd part scraper, or even a second scrape with the default xbmc using another database. Does it replace the existing cover arts and data, or supplement it? And if it supplements it, how does it choose which data to display?

123 - I'm not the one to answer that one - I've never seen the need for nor used anything other than the internal scraper. I think though that it replaces rather than supplements - though I'm happy to stand corrected given my knowledge on it is nil
post #1192 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:

123 - I'm not the one to answer that one - I've never seen the need for nor used anything other than the internal scraper. I think though that it replaces rather than supplements - though I'm happy to stand corrected given my knowledge on it is nil

That is the reasonable guess, as that is my hunch as well. Hopefully someone can confirm. I'm planning to use the internal scraper and IMDB, just trying to learn more about XBMC in general, I'll be tinkering with it for the first time tonight after work.
post #1193 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That is the reasonable guess, as that is my hunch as well. Hopefully someone can confirm. I'm planning to use the internal scraper and IMDB, just trying to learn more about XBMC in general, I'll be tinkering with it for the first time tonight after work.

He He - welcome to a lifetime's obsession in tinkering
post #1194 of 3277 Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Just make sure that after you're done scraping, you export the library (settings-video-export library) as separate files. This will push the scrapped info into your movie / tv show directories so that whenever you want to rescrape (for example reinstalling windows), it will just pick up the info from the hard disks.
post #1195 of 3277 Old 11-12-2011, 02:03 AM

so far everything is looking great. I just have one small problem. I am using the aeon mq2 skin, and i am trying to use a view type (in particular, i want to use the showcase view type). However, no matter which view type i enable, nothing changes. the view continues to be a text-based list taking up about half the screen, and then the poster art shows on the right and in the background. Any insight as to what I need to do to actually enable a different view type?

So here is a screen shot of the view that I can't seem to get away from:

Quote:

He He - welcome to a lifetime's obsession in tinkering

Haha, trust me it's not new to me. I'm an engineer by trade :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post

Just make sure that after you're done scraping, you export the library (settings-video-export library) as separate files. This will push the scrapped info into your movie / tv show directories so that whenever you want to rescrape (for example reinstalling windows), it will just pick up the info from the hard disks.

Great tip, thanks! Done.
LL
post #1196 of 3277 Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
I just started looking at XBMC so I decided on the Openelec install.

Quick question is when I play my TV files back (16:9) there are small bars on the left & Right side. While the video is playing you can select video settings, while in there which option do you select under "Video Mode" so that all things look correct?

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps? "

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #1197 of 3277 Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I have had a strange occurrence with the last two blu ray movies I have ripped - Cars2 and X-men first class - they both play the wrong "track" in xbmc. Cars2 plays the Spanish track (subtitles and on screen graphics are in spanish / audio is english) and X-men plays a directors commentary audio with behind the scenes shots. I thought xmbc just looks at the index.bdmv file? So far all other 80 movies that were ripped to folders have played just fine. For kicks I ripped x-men to .iso format and it does the same thing.

Thoughts?
post #1198 of 3277 Old 11-18-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim tressler View Post

I have had a strange occurrence with the last two blu ray movies I have ripped - Cars2 and X-men first class - they both play the wrong "track" in xbmc. Cars2 plays the Spanish track (subtitles and on screen graphics are in spanish / audio is english) and X-men plays a directors commentary audio with behind the scenes shots. I thought xmbc just looks at the index.bdmv file? So far all other 80 movies that were ripped to folders have played just fine. For kicks I ripped x-men to .iso format and it does the same thing.

Thoughts?

Did you do a main movie rip, or a full disc rip? If a main movie rip you grabbed the wrong playlist. If a full disc rip a different playlist is being chosen by XBMC

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #1199 of 3277 Old 11-18-2011, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

full disc - anyway to get xbmc to change its mind?
post #1200 of 3277 Old 11-18-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

dbone.. funny you responded.. I am going through your clown bd guide as we speak
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page