post #1441 of 3265 Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman101 View Post

any reason why everyone is using mpc-hc as their player out of XBMC?

I know the player in XBMC is not that good, but why not use GOM Player, VLC or some other player.. is there a reason mpc-hc is preferred to others?

I know with MPC HC you can get HD Audio bitstreaming, use LAV Filters, ffdshow,MadVR, etc... not sure if you can do the same with other players.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 3265 Old 01-04-2012, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think the XBMC player is quite good. I am currently using PowerDVD for Blu-Rays but that's because XBMC doesn't have licensing to play them. I use XBMC for everything else. I've recently experimented with using MPC-HC and PDVD as external players but I can't make the transition between XBMC and the external player seamless so I'm opting to stay with XBMC. I just created a WIN+4 button on my Harmony One to launch PDVD to play my BRs. Exit button is ALT+F4 to close it up. Everything is still manageable with remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1443 of 3265 Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 AM

Liked: 11
I setup XBMC Eden to use MPC-HC with LAV Filters and madVR, but now whenever I'm in XBMC "enter" will not play the movie. Not even "c", play movie with, MPC-HC Default, will play the movie. Anyone know what I might have done wrong?
post #1444 of 3265 Old 01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Hey GreenEyez,

Been following your guide (post #1) to set up MPC w/ XBMC. I don't have a Nvidia graphics card, so I take it that I don't need LAV CUVID installed, however, on the download link it says this:

"NOTE: LAV CUVID has been deprecated and its functionality merged into LAV Video inside the LAV Filters package, which is the recommended version to get from now on."

So, I installed that package because I need the other LAV parts installed. Do I need to add the Video filter or do I just leave it out under the circumstances (no Nvidia) or does it make any difference?

Should the guide be edited to no longer need the LAV CUVID for anyone since it seems it is in the video filter package anyway?

Thanks,
Brian

PS Your guide is extremely helpful, but you might want to add that you need to run the install.bat for MadVR and run the .exe files for the other downloads since it isn't stated explicitly. Also, you might want to add where to get to the "add filter options," etc. as if you are totally unfamiliar with the software it might be hard to locate.

Hey, thanks for the comment. Yes, i`ve just finished editing the guide exactly like that. Replaced instructions for the LAV filters, so now LAV Video is what will be used with instruction on how to enable CUVID.

For MadVR, i added installing notes and a special note to not delete the madVR folder or else you will also delete the filter itself (since it does not copy itself upon installation into the sistem32 folder).

I`ll also add instructions regarding the add filter option.

Now, regarding the LAV video filter, if you don`t use it, you can just choose not to install it. Even if you install it but don`t add it to the external filters list in MPC-HC, it won`t be used, so there is no harm in having it. Without CUVID, LAV video is just a software decoder that relies on your CPU to do the decoding.

HTPC : AMD Zacate E350 with XBMC 10.00 + Aeon MQ
Storage : 6TB DLink NAS
post #1445 of 3265 Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeforsale View Post

I setup XBMC Eden to use MPC-HC with LAV Filters and madVR, but now whenever I'm in XBMC "enter" will not play the movie. Not even "c", play movie with, MPC-HC Default, will play the movie. Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Did you delete the MadVR folder after you installed it? I re-edited some parts of the external player setup guide (see my post above), with a note regarding madVR (i.e. do not delete the madVR folder you unzipped after you installed the filter)

post #1446 of 3265 Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

No, I'm using a MKV to test.

Sent you a PM .

post #1447 of 3265 Old 01-05-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Did you delete the MadVR folder after you installed it? I re-edited some parts of the external player setup guide (see my post above), with a note regarding madVR (i.e. do not delete the madVR folder you unzipped after you installed the filter)

Thanks for the reply, but I actually went back to using default player with a workaround for HD Audio that someone put up. I don't think it's a complete work around but it gives me the options in audio settings how. Quick question through, is there a much greater benefit to using MadVR and if so is there a way to use it with XBMC default player?
post #1448 of 3265 Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
How can you manage kids shows?

Basically I have shared folder called Kids Shows
In that folder is the following

Curious Goerge
Diego
Dinosaur Train
Fireman Sam
Handy Manny
Etc

Each folder contains .iso/.avi/.mkv files.

I have the items show up under TV Shows but they all show Library Empty!. Is this because they are mixed files and not labeled correctly?

Is there a decent way to handle this?

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps? "

post #1449 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 AM

hi all,

great guide for xbmc

using MQ3

one thing i would like to do.....

how can i change the home menu start position to something other than the default options?

by adding vplaylists it seems to offset it .

is there somewhere i can change it like other skins have 'move focus' and then 0-22 numbering

hope someone can help

J
post #1450 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post

How can you manage kids shows?

Basically I have shared folder called Kids Shows
In that folder is the following

Curious Goerge
Diego
Dinosaur Train
Fireman Sam
Handy Manny
Etc

Each folder contains .iso/.avi/.mkv files.

I have the items show up under TV Shows but they all show Library Empty!. Is this because they are mixed files and not labeled correctly?

Is there a decent way to handle this?

I'm confused by this statement. Do you mean you click on TV Shows on the main menu and XBMC shows you all the different shows? But when you click on a specific show it says folder empty?

If that's the case, I'd try first to clean the library and then update library again (through the Settings menu). If that doesn't resolve things, try deleting the Playlist (assuming you created this via Smart Playlist) and readding it. Or maybe try deleting the playlist and the source and readding both.

Was this working in the past and recently stopped or you've never had success?

post #1451 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 AM

Does anyone have/know a good guide to set up Ember Media Manager?

Also, we would like to add our iso's of our P90X. Is this something we candor? Where would we put it, TV SHOWS? Also how would we scrape for it?

Thanks
post #1452 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

Does anyone have/know a good guide to set up Ember Media Manager?

Also, we would like to add our iso's of our P90X. Is this something we candor? Where would we put it, TV SHOWS? Also how would we scrape for it?

Thanks

You are better to use media centre master. Ember isn't developed any more and the r version is flaky.
post #1453 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acamp76144 View Post

You are better to use media centre master. Ember isn't developed any more and the r version is flaky.

That's news to the developer>
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=116941
post #1454 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Yeah, I heard it was being developed again. Also, I thought GreenEyez talked about changing his guide to use that. Well if anyone knows of a guide or the answer to theP90X question, please let me know.
post #1455 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup, i will include Ember in the guide when the developer adds auto-scanning to the media manager like MCM has. Bodrick (the developer) said it`s on the to-do list .

Regarding the P90X, i`ve googled it and found out it is a workout DVD, i don`t think you will find an online databse that has it (themoviedb and thetvdb don`t have it). You can just add it via the videos section, and when your are prompted to select a scrapper, just select the default "None" option.

This way you can access it via the videos section, and it will not show up in the Movie library.

post #1456 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

Thanks

Ember will allow you to create sets within the Movie or TV libraries. You could create a "Workout" set within the TV library. There is no way to scrape it but you could do it manually with Ember. You would just have to source the coverart online and type in the other information by hand.
post #1457 of 3265 Old 01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbransc View Post

I'm confused by this statement. Do you mean you click on TV Shows on the main menu and XBMC shows you all the different shows? But when you click on a specific show it says folder empty?

If that's the case, I'd try first to clean the library and then update library again (through the Settings menu). If that doesn't resolve things, try deleting the Playlist (assuming you created this via Smart Playlist) and readding it. Or maybe try deleting the playlist and the source and readding both.

Was this working in the past and recently stopped or you've never had success?

Ok I have my kids tv shows in there own folder

KidsShows which was added as video/TV so the folders show up under TVShows but when you go into any of the folders within KidsShows they all say

Library empty! Add Content by selecting "Videos" in my guess is because they are not labeled correctly -

None of the shows are setup correctly as they are just pulled from my tivo. I put a few thru Filebot to get them named correctly and now they look fine.

Is there an easier way to do this - Is "The Renamer" a better tool for renaming files?

But what does everyone do with Kids dvds that you burned as an ISO so that it shows up....

post #1458 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post

That's news to the developer>
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=116941

I stand corrected! That's good news
post #1459 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok I have my kids tv shows in there own folder

KidsShows which was added as video/TV so the folders show up under TVShows but when you go into any of the folders within KidsShows they all say

Library empty! Add Content by selecting "Videos" in my guess is because they are not labeled correctly -

None of the shows are setup correctly as they are just pulled from my tivo. I put a few thru Filebot to get them named correctly and now they look fine.

Is there an easier way to do this - Is "The Renamer" a better tool for renaming files?

But what does everyone do with Kids dvds that you burned as an ISO so that it shows up....

Simple, you use the same folder structure as you would use with a series split up in episodes, but you name the ISO something like KidShowName - S01E01.iso

Basically : KidShowName / Season 1 / KidShowName - S01E01.iso

XBMC will think that ISO is an episode and will pull the metadata for it, for that specific episode. For the next ISO, use KidShowName - S01E02 etc.

post #1460 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Simple, you use the same folder structure as you would use with a series split up in episodes, but you name the ISO something like KidShowName - S01E01.iso

Basically : KidShowName / Season 1 / KidShowName - S01E01.iso

XBMC will think that ISO is an episode and will pull the metadata for it, for that specific episode. For the next ISO, use KidShowName - S01E02 etc.

Ok so than in my one example I have -

E:\\KidsShows\\Mighty Machines\\Specials\\Mighty Machines - Specialsx10 - Big Wheels Rolling.iso
I can find it here but can't seem to rename it correctly.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...=1724581&lid=7

post #1461 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 AM

Question for everyone:

When you create your mkv for your HTPC, do you put in the name of the chapters, into the chapters document, prior to muxing the mkv?

If so, what site do you use to find the names of the chapters?

I used to use tagchimp.com, but that site doesn't seem to be working any longer. I put in a bunch of movie names, ones that used to work, and it keeps returning that there isn't anything there - something like no bananas, or something like that.

Just wondering, if it is even worth it to add the chapter names.

Thanks,
post #1462 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

E:\\KidsShows\\Mighty Machines\\Specials\\Mighty Machines - Specialsx10 - Big Wheels Rolling.iso

Ok, i need to try this tomorrow and see how i can get it to work. I have no clue how Special series should be named, never used it. Thanks for the example, i`ll try out tomorrow with a "dummy" ISO when i wake up (1am here now) and send you a PM.

post #1463 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Specials need to have a season # of "00" in order for them to show up in the library. So for that particular special, it needs to be labeled as
Mighty.MachinesS00E10

The path should look like this...

E:\\KidsShows\\Mighty Machines\\Specials\\Mighty.Machines.S00E10.Big.Wheels.Rollin g.iso
post #1464 of 3265 Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

Specials need to have a season # of "00" in order for them to show up in the library. So for that particular special, it needs to be labeled as
Mighty.MachinesS00E10

The path should look like this...

E:\\KidsShows\\Mighty Machines\\Specials\\Mighty.Machines.S00E10.Big.Wheels.Rollin g.iso

Alright I will give it a whirl later and let you know.

I found more info like you mentioned at the bottom of this page - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows...deo_Library%29

Looks like either way work.

Also with TV shows why is seperate folders needed for seasons? After I fixed one of my TV Shows folder they showed up correctly in XBMC by seasons but I had them in a single folder?

post #1465 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Also with TV shows why is seperate folders needed for seasons? After I fixed one of my TV Shows folder they showed up correctly in XBMC by seasons but I had them in a single folder?

They aren't required. Only show name folders are needed. Provided you have the season and episode numbers within the file name it will scrape correctly.

@cburbs - why are you linking to an article on MediaBrowser - when this discussion relates to xbmc? They are not one in the same.
post #1466 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 AM

I tried out someone's mod to allow HD Audio in Eden but my HD video kept playing in fast forward. Anyone else have that issue?
post #1467 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

They aren't required. Only show name folders are needed. Provided you have the season and episode numbers within the file name it will scrape correctly.

@cburbs - why are you linking to an article on MediaBrowser - when this discussion relates to xbmc? They are not one in the same.

I was looking at multiple places for some info - fixed the link I meant to attach.

post #1468 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM

I have many audio/video files sitting in a freenas server which provides these files to other components(ps3, sharp tv through mindlna, wdtv, lg blu-ray and couple of windows pc's). All files are arranged in various folders depending on type like comedy movies, action movies, horror movies, kids-movies, pop-music, 2011-photos and so on and so forth in such a way that it is easy for everyone to find what files in folder they know of.

Is it possible to get xbmc work with existing folder structure i.e skip media center master auto renaming files step. It will be very painful if script renames all files based on folder names. Is there a easy way for my kind of setup to work?

Thanks
sonisame
post #1469 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonisame View Post

I have many audio/video files sitting in a freenas server which provides these files to other components(ps3, sharp tv through mindlna, wdtv, lg blu-ray and couple of windows pc's). All files are arranged in various folders depending on type like comedy movies, action movies, horror movies, kids-movies, pop-music, 2011-photos and so on and so forth in such a way that it is easy for everyone to find what files in folder they know of.

Is it possible to get xbmc work with existing folder structure i.e skip media center master auto renaming files step. It will be very painful if script renames all files based on folder names. Is there a easy way for my kind of setup to work?

Thanks
sonisame

As long as the folder within the folders (ex. E:/Comedy/30 Seconds or Less/30 Seconds or Less.mkv) is labeled correctly you should be fine. You will just add the Comedy folder and let XBMC know that it contains movies. It will do the rest. Follow the guide from the first post here and you won't have issues.
post #1470 of 3265 Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
How should I add my wife's exercise videos? Doubt the scraper would find them and I don't really want them in my movie folder.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page