post #1471 of 3278 Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

How should I add my wife's exercise videos? Doubt the scraper would find them and I don't really want them in my movie folder.

Genre folder from the main screen.

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps? "

Sony 55EX500 Settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 3278 Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by cburbs View Post

Genre folder from the main screen.

Got that. But how do I get them - or any art/metadata - to show up?
post #1473 of 3278 Old 01-08-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

May have to find some of it manually if it is really needed that badly.

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #1474 of 3278 Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeforsale View Post

As long as the folder within the folders (ex. E:/Comedy/30 Seconds or Less/30 Seconds or Less.mkv) is labeled correctly you should be fine. You will just add the Comedy folder and let XBMC know that it contains movies. It will do the rest. Follow the guide from the first post here and you won't have issues.

Thanks, I will try this way. Moving pictures plugin in media-portal seems to work better than this. In moving pictures all I do is give it the main master folder which has all the sub folders and it finds all the relevant info using keyword search without renaming a single file.

Sonisame
post #1475 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman101 View Post

any reason why everyone is using mpc-hc as their player out of XBMC?

I know the player in XBMC is not that good, but why not use GOM Player, VLC or some other player.. is there a reason mpc-hc is preferred to others?

i think the main reason is mpc-hc seems to be the best player in terms of features. none of the others can scale a movie to a 16-9 screen like mpc-hc and if you put in madvr and reclock, you can have damn near perfect video. I much prefer the xbmc player to play everything but since they can't manage to get 24p videos to work correctly and thats 99% of movies, it makes it hard not to look at an alternative.
post #1476 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
speaking of using mpc-hc as an external player, i set up mpc-hc about 2 days ago, but when i have it play the films, it does it as expected, but the movies are getting dropped frames and presentation glitches in madvr where they work perfect when i just use mpc-hc
post #1477 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

How should I add my wife's exercise videos? Doubt the scraper would find them and I don't really want them in my movie folder.

Just add them as Videos from the videos section, select None as the scrapper (it`s selected this way by default anyway), and browse by files from the videos section. They will not show up in any of your TV Shops or Movies library this way.
post #1478 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

speaking of using mpc-hc as an external player, i set up mpc-hc about 2 days ago, but when i have it play the films, it does it as expected, but the movies are getting dropped frames and presentation glitches in madvr where they work perfect when i just use mpc-hc

WHat GPU do you have? MadVR is pretty taxing on the GPU.
post #1479 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonisame View Post

I have many audio/video files sitting in a freenas server which provides these files to other components(ps3, sharp tv through mindlna, wdtv, lg blu-ray and couple of windows pc's). All files are arranged in various folders depending on type like comedy movies, action movies, horror movies, kids-movies, pop-music, 2011-photos and so on and so forth in such a way that it is easy for everyone to find what files in folder they know of.

Is it possible to get xbmc work with existing folder structure i.e skip media center master auto renaming files step. It will be very painful if script renames all files based on folder names. Is there a easy way for my kind of setup to work?

Thanks
sonisame

If everything is labeled correcty, just add the Action/Comedy/Horror/Kids movies to XBMC and select the moviedb scrapper for theh. After that, you can browser by genre directly from XBMC, when you are on the main menu movies shortcut, press down, you should have a genre shortcut.
post #1480 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonisame View Post

Thanks, I will try this way. Moving pictures plugin in media-portal seems to work better than this. In moving pictures all I do is give it the main master folder which has all the sub folders and it finds all the relevant info using keyword search without renaming a single file.

Sonisame

If your master folder contains all the same content (ie movies) then XBMC can do that as well. Besides what program is as aesthetically pleasing as XBMC?
post #1481 of 3278 Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post

i think the main reason is mpc-hc seems to be the best player in terms of features. none of the others can scale a movie to a 16-9 screen like mpc-hc and if you put in madvr and reclock, you can have damn near perfect video. I much prefer the xbmc player to play everything but since they can't manage to get 24p videos to work correctly and thats 99% of movies, it makes it hard not to look at an alternative.

I don't have any issues playing 24p videos in XBMC. I would like to see if there's a huge difference, but I havent found a guide that would show me how to properly setup MadVR.
post #1482 of 3278 Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

To install MadVR, i added some notes in the guide on how to install it properly 1 day ago at the external player section. Now, to edit/modify some settings for it, there is the "Advanced MPC-HC guide" here on AVS, it`s a sticky, that should help you with playing around with the settings.
post #1483 of 3278 Old 01-10-2012, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the reply, I will go back and
look over that part of the guide. Is there comparison pics anywhere? Is there a way to have XBMCs default player utilize MadVR or do you have to use an external player?
post #1484 of 3278 Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 AM

Here are screenshots comparing MPC-HC (using the advanced setup guide) to XBMC default player.

The left one is obviously XBMC (you can see the OSD) and to me looks much better.
LL
LL
post #1485 of 3278 Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeforsale View Post

Here are screenshots comparing MPC-HC (using the advanced setup guide) to XBMC default player.

The left one is obviously XBMC (you can see the OSD) and to me looks much better.

Xbmc player definitly looks better in this instance. Can you put up an osd on mpchc(ctrl+j)

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #1486 of 3278 Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM

Yes I will as soon as I get a minute. I realize that due to the popularity of running mpc-hc rather than XBMCs default it shouldn't, but I have no idea why it does in this case.
post #1487 of 3278 Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Placebo......?
post #1488 of 3278 Old 01-12-2012, 07:14 PM

I think a placebo would be if I had not made any adjustments to MPC-HC, but I used the Advanced Guide as stated. I will post the OSD from MPC-HC tomorrow.
post #1489 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 01:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting my music collection going in xbmc. It there a best way to have the file path/structure? I have it I:/music/artist/album/song. Also I've been using lastfm and allmusic for scrapers but there's quite a bit of album thumbs and artist fanart that it won't find for a lot of kind of rare stuff I listen to. Is there other plugins that can help find this stuff and how does the cdart manager help more/different than a scraper. Is there a website where I can get thumbs and canary that is the correct size and res and has more/better selection than the scrapers can find. Any suggestions on the perfect way to set this up would be appreciated. I can always just search around for my missing art and add it manually but I'm trying to fund an easier maybe automatic solution.

post #1490 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Another thing that's weird is I moved a lot of songs from my girls phone to my htpc. She used apps to find album art and attach it to her songs that her media player scraoers couldn't find. She would usually just have one of the songs off of an album but wanted the album artwork to go along with it. So on these songs, when I click on them in my music folder, the pic of the album art shows up in the left corner of the screen with all the album info (this isn't in xbmc, just where my music is stored) I don't know exactly where these pic files are stored because its just the music mp3 file. There is no folder or attachment or anything, its weird. So anyway, when I scan these into xbmc sometimes one song from the same album will show the art but another song from that same album wont. I don't know where they are stored locally like I just explained, so I can't do it that way. When I manually try to search for the thumb from the album with the pic it finds the correct artist and album name but when I search for it from the album that needs the pic it wont find it. Even when I enter it manually exactly the way it was spelled from the other album it won't come up. It's frustrating, I have the pic file I need locally but can't find it, and in the album I dont need, I can find the thumb I need but on the album I need it on, it won't find it.

Edit: Also is there a good mp3tager that works good with xbmc and does mcm or ember do music scraping as well?

post #1491 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mp3tag(and mediamonkey)sounds like a it will be a good program. A couple thing I've read on the xbmc wiki: XBMC supports embedded album art in files with ID3 tags, WMA tags and MP4 tags only. It does not support embedded album art in APE, Ogg or FLAC tags currently.

Use JPG or PNG (with transparancy) image-format, and size of the picture to anything from 128x128 to 256x256. On a non-HDTV displays a image that is approx 75x75 for music-albums (which is the default size on allmusic.com ). For 720p/1080i HDTV displays a size of approx 200x200 for music-albums.

post #1492 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Unfortunatly, i have yet to find an scrapper that has all the artwork for all the music you can think of. LastFM maybe has 60% of the my trance/electronic music collection, and a lot of them don`t have artist backdrops.

I personally use J.River for tagging (since it`s what i use on my main workstation for playback, and it also has a nice tagging feature). As an alternative, i`ve used MP3TAG and it worked great for mass tagging.

For artwork i put a folder.jpg inside the album folder, which is the cover (and XBMC reads it), and at the artist folder level, i put a fanart.jpg which is a 720p/1080p background with the artist. I do this manually, was a pain in the ass to do it manually on my initial music library, but after that it was easy since i olnly add an album once per week max.

Yes, MP3 and FLAC have the option to embed a cover pic in the song file, that`s what XBMC was finding when you scraped the library. I think the cover must be in each song file, and maybe some of them don`t have it, that`s why it will only show covers for specific songs. A folder.jpg placed inside the album folder overrides this as far as i know.
post #1493 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

Xbmc player definitly looks better in this instance. Can you put up an osd on mpchc(ctrl+j)

Here is the OSD from MPC. This is during the same movie Up from previous screenshots. I had to use my phone for the pic because 'printscreen' would not capture OSD.
LL
post #1494 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:

Got that. But how do I get them - or any art/metadata - to show up?

You can create custom .nfo files containing the info you want to display. There are a few wiki pages on the subject. For artwork take a look at the default artwork names such as folder.jpg.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

If you want a manual operation you can use something like Ember Media Manager to type in whatever descriptions you want and add artwork.

Better living through credit cards
post #1495 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Other options for coverart for music is http://www.albumartexchange.com.

You can also install bliss and use it to find cover art: http://www.blisshq.com

Sony 55EX500 Settings
post #1496 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

I'm getting my music collection going in xbmc. It there a best way to have
the file path/structure? I have it I:/music/artist/album/song.

The best way is the way that works for you. I used I:/music/artist/album/song
for a long time. Now, I use I:/music/genre/artist/album/song.

Quote:

Is there a website where I can get thumbs and canary that is the correct size
and res and has more/better selection than the scrapers can find.

Having been mostly unsatisfied with what scrapers find, I get all my artwork
manually. My main sources are Google Image Search and the AlbumArtExchange
web site. Sometimes, it's more work that it's worth.
post #1497 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 10:36 AM

since we are on the subject of music, is there a way to automate pulling tags based off the song title? A lot of my mp3 files don't have an album in the tags and when playing with tools like media monkey, it seemed to be able to pull things in if you have an album tag otherwise you had to do it manually.

If so, could you point me to a good tutorial as well.
post #1498 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

since we are on the subject of music, is there a way to automate pulling tags
based off the song title?

Since a song title might appear on multiple albums by multiple artists, it can't
be automated completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmclay View Post

A lot of my mp3 files don't have an album in the tags and when playing
with tools like media monkey, it seemed to be able to pull things in if you
have an album tag otherwise you had to do it manually.

That's been my experience with other software. A utility might do a search for
all songs by that particular name, and if there are multiple search results, let
you choose one. (EAC does this when it searches freedb for CD's.)
post #1499 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 11:16 AM

You guys should check out www.fanart.tv

It's the first place I go to find Hi-Res artwork for my music collection. For a more automated process, I would recommend using the script "cdART Manager". It uses fanart.tv to pull in all the artwork, and can be found in the addons section, under programs. That plugin gets pretty much everything you need; Artist logos, cdart, fanart, and album covers. Granted it won't have every artist or album, but it's a great start. Hope this helps
post #1500 of 3278 Old 01-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

You guys should check out www.fanart.tv ... Hope this helps

Thank you. It's good to learn something new ... and useful.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page