XBMC Media Center : Setup Guide, Knowlege Base & Support - Page 62 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #1831 of 3265 Old 03-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone put a AudioCD in xbmc to check it recognize the album/song names well please?

I already tried everything (more than 1 optical drive) and it don't work with me. And sometimes it make xbmc freeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 3265 Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
I'm about to install this on HTPC
should I un-install TMT3 ?
I also have a Asus HDVA 1.3 is this going to mess with that driver up also .... things run fine with the Asus HDVA1.3 & my biggest fear is messing with a new software ,borking what I have now .
the TMT3 is crap & I don't use it at all , & I can't use the Blu-Ray drive it locks up on TMT3 ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #1833 of 3265 Old 03-10-2012, 10:43 AM

Liked: 11
I have searched here, but was unable to find a solution to my problems. Please keep in mind that I am installing XBMC for the first time here.

First, I am trying to play rip of my blu-ray discs. They are .m2ts files. I am trying to ensure that the audio is bitstreamed. I have a ATI 5xxx card and I know it supports it. Now, trying to follow the instructions for DSPlayer and bitstreaming HD audio, when I run XMBC and try to play a video, it attempts, but never plays the video, just drops back to the menu.

So I tried to just set it up to used MPC-HC as an external player with the LAV splitters. When trying to play the video and right clicking and highlighting "Filters", the LAV audio decoder is not showing, but at least MPC-HC did play the video and use the internal audio decoder.

I went on to setup XBMC to use MPC-HC as an external using the playercorefactory.xml file. XBMC plays the video, but now subtitles are being forced on and behaving differently than using MPC-HC alone.

Can anyone provide a little help?

Thanks.
post #1834 of 3265 Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 AM

i stopped using external players since i found the following,
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats.
use the download link from the second post that one is based on RC2
post #1835 of 3265 Old 03-13-2012, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well i`m back, finished with my exams. I`ll be starting to update (a long overdue update) the 7MC and XBMC guides tomorrow, so if stuff disapears when browsing them, don`t worry, it`s just me moving stuff around.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

After i`m done with the "upgrades" i`ll get back to your issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HTPC : AMD Zacate E350 with XBMC 10.00 + Aeon MQ
Storage : 6TB DLink NAS
post #1836 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM

I have three questions regarding setting up Media Center Master with the latest XBMC 11 RC2 build. I apologize if they are answered elsewhere.

1) Is everyone using Media Center Master as a full metadata replacement for the internal XBMC scraper or are they meant to co-exist together.

2) I didn't see any mention in the first post regarding configuring settings in the XBMC Tab from within Media Center Master. Is there not specific items that need to be checked here? Are there any additional options that should be checked for XBMC 11 RC2?

3) Should the internal xbmc scraper be disabled (Can it be disabled?) and if not how do you stop it from messing up your Media Center Master metadata.
post #1837 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 77
I don't think that everyone uses media center master. Personally I use Ember for TV shows and Yanfoe for Movies.
post #1838 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:35 AM

I use Media Center Master w/ XBMC....and have never found them to be in conflict. I never enabled or disabled the XBMC scrapper, so perhaps it isn't running...but using MCM w/ Eden RC2 for a week or so I haven't noticed any issues with metadata.

When i ran MCM last night there was a large update to it though, so maybe it is up to date w/ eden.
post #1839 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

SCRAPER not 'scrapper'.

Is this a 'scrapper'? I think it is.

post #1840 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Nah, that's Scrappy Doo - though he is a scrapper, but mostly just an extremely annoying attempt to revive a great cartoon series.
post #1841 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I am ready to install XMBC after years with 7MC/MB, and recent tryout with MPC-HC & madVR, which gave me lots of troubles.

How do you configure XBMC with a calibrated projector/tv? Do you need to tweak video settings in both the graphic driver (ATI/nVidia) and XBMC?
post #1842 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

I am ready to install XMBC after years with 7MC/MB, and recent tryout with MPC-HC & madVR, which gave me lots of troubles.

How do you configure XBMC with a calibrated projector/tv? Do you need to tweak video settings in both the graphic driver (ATI/nVidia) and XBMC?

It's no different than any other source component. You can calibrate the source, the TV, or both based on how easy and configurable each of them are.

Generally speaking with most graphics cards, the easiest thing to do is turn off all of the processing nonsense, then bring up your test patterns (in XBMC preferably) and then calibrate the projector with a meter.

Oh, you say, your projector is already calibrated? Well, the problem with that is that every source is slightly different, so if you want things "perfect" then you would want the calibration touched up to match the new display source.
post #1843 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

It's no different than any other source component. You can calibrate the source, the TV, or both based on how easy and configurable each of them are.

Generally speaking with most graphics cards, the easiest thing to do is turn off all of the processing nonsense, then bring up your test patterns (in XBMC preferably) and then calibrate the projector with a meter.

Oh, you say, your projector is already calibrated? Well, the problem with that is that every source is slightly different, so if you want things "perfect" then you would want the calibration touched up to match the new display source.

Thanks,

Yes, I calibrated with TMT5 because that's what I use to play back blu-ray.

I do anticipate re-calibrating the projector with 'XBMC' driving the test patterns.

I like to know if there's any settings/options in XBMC that need to be enabled/disabled before I run the calibration so it does not mess with the measurements.

Same thing with the video card settings. I've read conflicting info regarding video card settings, do you want the video card to ouput RGB 0-255, YCC 444, etc. It's universally agreed that all processing options on the video card settings need to be disabled.
post #1844 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnztln View Post

I use Media Center Master w/ XBMC....and have never found them to be in conflict. I never enabled or disabled the XBMC scrapper, so perhaps it isn't running...but using MCM w/ Eden RC2 for a week or so I haven't noticed any issues with metadata.

When i ran MCM last night there was a large update to it though, so maybe it is up to date w/ eden.

I thought when you add your folders into XBMC you have to select an internal scraper. I am just looking at the wiki entry for XBMC and Media Center Master (on the Media Master website) and it looks like there is more configuration that needs to be done beyond what was listed in the setup guide within the first posts.

I am just wondering if there is additional items that need to be configured that are not listed in the setup guide in this post. I know there is a XBMC tab in Media Center Master with options, do any of these need to be enabled for XBMC Version 11?
post #1845 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

couple other questions.

1) does the latest version of XBMC (Eden) bistream HD audio? according to the first page on this thread, you need an external player/codec for this?

2) does the logitech Harmoney One remote work with XBMC?

thanks
post #1846 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

1) does the latest version of XBMC (Eden) bistream HD audio? according to the
first page on this thread, you need an external player/codec for this?

Eden's still in beta-test. With Dharma, an external player is required -- it doesn't
use external codecs.

Quote:

2) does the logitech Harmoney One remote work with XBMC?

Yes, as do their other remotes. For the PC end, an MCE-compatible IR receiver
works best.
post #1847 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I understand it's in beta, but does it support HD bitstreaming?

If not, I'll have to wait until then to try out XBMC. I am looking for an all in one solution. I think I am done trying the MPC-HC, Lav, MadVr stuff. Too much work.
post #1848 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:

I understand it's in beta, but does it support HD bitstreaming?

If not, I'll have to wait until then to try out XBMC. I am looking for an all in one solution. I think I am done trying the MPC-HC, Lav, MadVr stuff. Too much work.

Yes, it does.

post #1849 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Yes, it does.

You're da man.
post #1850 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

You're da man.

Just wanted to clarify --- there are currently 3 ways to enable bitstreaming HD Audio in XBMC. However, none of these are built in to the official version.

post #1851 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

hah?

does this mean you need to install DSPlayer and play your HD video from there?
post #1852 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

hah?

There are 3 different ways. Each way is almost an entire thread in and of itself.

post #1853 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

hah?

There is a release candidate 2 build that has an HD audio patch built in. It does not require any external players or other silly business.

This is a developer supplied build and not an "official" build as the feature cutoff for eden happened before this patch became available. Also, the patch is Windows OS only.
post #1854 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

There is a release candidate 2 build that has an HD audio patch built in. It does not require any external players or other silly business.

This is a developer supplied build and not an "official" build as the feature cutoff for eden happened before this patch became available. Also, the patch is Windows OS only.

that's all i need.

and i see the download link for RC2 as well. i'll give it a try tonight.

btw, before i install XBMC, do i need to remove all existing codecs i have in my system such as madVR, Lav, etc.
post #1855 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:

that's all i need.

and i see the download link for RC2 as well. i'll give it a try tonight.

btw, before i install XBMC, do i need to remove all existing codecs i have in my system such as madVR, Lav, etc.

It is my understanding that XBMC is independent of other codec settings you may have installed on your system as it loads its own set when you start the app.

post #1856 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 01:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It is true that XBMC uses its own supplied codecs (ffdshow I believe)... however if you've loaded codec "packs" that do things like change codec associations in Windows, etc, it is possible that they will jack with XBMC.
post #1857 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If I understand the developer comments correctly, the developer responsible for the previously mentioned 'HD Audio Patch' (which works BEAUTIFULLY) has joined the XBMC team and work on the HD audio engine branch of XBMC, which would have support for not only Windows but Linux as well is progressing.

I suspect that we will see an Eden 11.1 release in a few months time that will include the HD audio capability built in to the main release.
post #1858 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

So Eden 11.0 RC2 has HD Audio bitstreaming right?
post #1859 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No, it does not, you need the HD audio PATCHED build here;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Get the RC2 based build in the second post by DDDamian.
post #1860 of 3265 Old 03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

This Eon skin is damn hard to setup.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page