post #2041 of 3278 Old 04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3x6 View Post

Did you modify any of the properties on the shortcut?

Nope. Not that I know of anyway. Created the shortcut and put it in the startup folder. I will say that XBMC crashes on startup maybe 25% of the time, so it's not a perfect solution, but it's mostly fine for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 3278 Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottns View Post

You can stream Netflix but I don't think you can add anything to your library.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php...netflix+plugin

You can add Netflix (and other streaming stuff) to your library using XBMC.MyLibrary.
post #2043 of 3278 Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone have clean on update script working. I have been battling with this and it just wont work.

It shows it runs in the log 00:00 when using the script.

When manually cleaning it by physically going to clean library in settings, it works and runs 17-18 seconds.

I posted, bumped a thread on xbmc.com countless of times. A developer helping me just suddenly stopped as if he ran out of ideas.

I have found this issue in 14 threads of a search on xbmc forum, with no resolution, each one just offers no fix to others having the problem. Either some people have it working and found out whats wrong and didnt bother to come back and post it, or still nobody has an answer.
post #2044 of 3278 Old 04-04-2012, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Also a kind of odd question but is there anyway to make xbmc only launch videos from your library if a certain key is pressed? Or making "ok, enter, select" not allow movies in your library to launch from selecting it?
post #2045 of 3278 Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post

You can add Netflix (and other streaming stuff) to your library using XBMC.MyLibrary.

Awesome

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
post #2046 of 3278 Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Well, unfortunatly, Netflix for XBMC is not so awesome. The developer has been inactive for 3 months, and the last version he released seems to be buggy on Eden, at least that`s what the support thread suggest. I can`t actually test it (5000 miles away from the USA, Netflix is US/Canada only) so if anybody has actually got XBMC 11 and Netflix working, let me know with some details on how you got it working.

On the other hand, i updated the guide with pics and instructions for Eden, now what`s left :
  • Streaming movies to your iOS / Android device using Plex Media Server and the Plex clients for iOS/Android
  • Hulu/Amazon and ESPN addons.

@Murilo , what are you using to clean the library, i.e. what plugin (can you post a link) ?
post #2047 of 3278 Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM

It sounds like the Amazon app might be toast due to Amazon's new DRM_FLASH restrictions...bluecop doesn't seem too optimistic...which is a real shame because that app is fantastic and way preferable to stream the content rather than download it with unbox then watch it in WMC.
post #2048 of 3278 Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnztln View Post

It sounds like the Amazon app might be toast due to Amazon's new DRM_FLASH restrictions...bluecop doesn't seem too optimistic...which is a real shame because that app is fantastic and way preferable to stream the content rather than download it with unbox then watch it in WMC.

You can sort of watch stuff downloaded from unbox with XBMC. What I did was setup Windows media player as an external player in XBMC and setup XBMC to hand off any .wmv files to WMP. The unbox naming convention matches one of the regexs (regexi?) XBMC has built in, so you create a new source that points to your unbox download location and then scan it. I also setup my remote so that when I hit stop in WMP it quits WMP and relaunches XBMC.

It's a little complicated to setup, but it works well. If anyone is interested I can post some better details.
post #2049 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyez View Post

Well, unfortunatly, Netflix for XBMC is not so awesome. The developer has been inactive for 3 months, and the last version he released seems to be buggy on Eden, at least that`s what the support thread suggest. I can`t actually test it (5000 miles away from the USA, Netflix is US/Canada only) so if anybody has actually got XBMC 11 and Netflix working, let me know with some details on how you got it working.

On the other hand, i updated the guide with pics and instructions for Eden, now what`s left :
  • Streaming movies to your iOS / Android device using Plex Media Server and the Plex clients for iOS/Android
  • Hulu/Amazon and ESPN addons.

@Murilo , what are you using to clean the library, i.e. what plugin (can you post a link) ?

Hmmm not sure if im answering your question but im using this script.

true
post #2050 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 12:36 AM
AVS Special Member

One other noob question, do you need a keyboard of some sort for xbmc? I assumed you didnt, but i tried doing a search today and realized i needed a keyboard!

Unless im doing something wrong i could not use the arrows to punch in letters when the virtual gui keyboard pops up...
post #2051 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

One other noob question, do you need a keyboard of some sort for xbmc? I assumed you didnt, but i tried doing a search today and realized i needed a keyboard!

Unless im doing something wrong i could not use the arrows to punch in letters when the virtual gui keyboard pops up...

I think most people are using a MCE remote instead of a keyboard.
post #2052 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

So i basically need to buy a remote with letters on it?

I just assumed since my xbmc needs are simple, i could buy irule, a tablet, and run xbmc through simple http commands.

I went to the http webpage and noticed simple directional buttons and an ok in the middle.

How would one type letters in to do a search?

Theres gotta be something im missing.

Why does that keyboard gui keyboard even popup when you do a search? I assumed like with my satellite for instance i could navigate direction-ally to punch in each letter to spell a word.
post #2053 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:

So i basically need to buy a remote with letters on it?

I just assumed since my xbmc needs are simple, i could buy irule, a tablet, and run it through the xbmc http commands.

I went to the http webpage and noticed simple directional buttons and an ok in the middle.

How would one type letters in to do a search?

Theres gotta be something im missing.

Why does that keyboard gui keyboard even popup when you do a search? I assumed like with my satellite for instance i could navigate direction-ally to punch in each letter to spell a word.

You can use an iOS device as well if you prefer. XBMC Commander and Constellation are popular choices.

Perhaps I missed it, but what are you using http for? Inside the XBMC application, you would use your remote as you would a tv remote. Simply navigate to what you want to play and press ok.
If you prefer, pick a skin that allows you to manipulate the home screen how you want, create smart playlists, etc... to customize it to what you want.
Aeon Nox (and others) for example, will place the most recent files added to a library directly on the home screen, accessible by pressing up.
post #2054 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Well thats exactly what i want it do. Control it like a tv remote.

But how do you do a search, like if you search for a movie in your library? I assumed i could navigate to each letter, hit select.

SO searching sopranos.

When you click search the keyboard pops up.

I figured i could navigate to S hit enter, navigate to O and hit enter, navigate to P and hit enter.

Im looking at http commands because thats how irule webpage suggests to control xbmc...? And the http setup when i navigated to it in my browser is just simple directional keys a few buttons and an ok button.

http://www.iruleathome.com/tutorials/http-gateway.html

And the reason i dont want to use 3rd party apps is because I dont believe irule can incorporate apps, also if i want to create macros which i do, apps are out of the question.

I guess i would basically have to exit irule application and navigate to a 3rd party app to type a search word in... I would prefer and assume i do not need to do that.

Or i have to buy a 3rd party ir pc remote...
post #2055 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:

Well thats exactly what i want it do. Control it like a tv remote.

But how do you do a search, like if you search for a movie in your library? I assumed i could navigate to each letter, hit select.

SO searching sopranos.

When you click search the keyboard pops up.

I figured i could navigate to S hit enter, navigate to O and hit enter, navigate to P and hit enter.

Im looking at http commands because thats how irule webpage suggests to control xbmc...? And the http setup when i navigated to it in my browser is just simple directional keys a few buttons and an ok button.

http://www.iruleathome.com/tutorials/http-gateway.html

And the reason i dont want to use 3rd party apps is because I dont believe irule can incorporate apps, also if i want to create macros which i do, apps are out of the question.

I guess i would basically have to exit irule application and navigate to a 3rd party app to type a search word in... I would prefer and assume i do not need to do that.

Or i have to buy a 3rd party ir pc remote...

I'm not familiar with irule, but XBMC Commander and XBMC Constellation are great iOS apps for controlling and playing your library. They include search functions.

When I look at my library using the remote, I either navigate to the movie I want from the Home Screen/Movies directly or go to Genre. There's a ton of different ways to navigate to your movies. It's all a matter of personal preference.
post #2056 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Murilo, you actually can use the keyboard, but it`s disabled by default for some reason unknown to me. Basically go to Settings -> System -> Input Devices and enable the option called "Remote control sends keyboard presses", and the on-screen virtual keyboard will work now.

As for the clean library thing, it`s not a script (that`s why i was confused), it is a core function of the XBMC library. I`ll mess around with it after i get some sleep, haven`t used it for some time.
post #2057 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post

You can sort of watch stuff downloaded from unbox with XBMC. What I did was setup Windows media player as an external player in XBMC and setup XBMC to hand off any .wmv files to WMP. The unbox naming convention matches one of the regexs (regexi?) XBMC has built in, so you create a new source that points to your unbox download location and then scan it. I also setup my remote so that when I hit stop in WMP it quits WMP and relaunches XBMC.

It's a little complicated to setup, but it works well. If anyone is interested I can post some better details.

well, for now I can just use WM7 itself (Sort of the same concept, I added the unBox d/l location as a directory in Media Center, and it plays very well in that app) but the inconvenient part is having to download it to my HTPC which eats up DVR space. additionally, for some unknown reason when i download a new episode to WMC via unBox or after I delete an episode it makes the "Videos" section a bit unstable, and it has frozen WMC the next time i launched it...so streaming in XBMC is much preferable. at least using WMC is wife-friendly.
post #2058 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When I drag and drop my movies into my movies folder media center master organizes it in multiple folders. For example I dragged and dropped Tron into this folder and media center master did this:

Why is it doing that? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that media center master imediatly tries to change the folders during the moving process.
post #2059 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 07:31 PM

Try using commander on a portable device. I know I can scroll to the tv shows to find what I want a lot faster than I could type it in.
post #2060 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdsnapBryan View Post

When I drag and drop my movies into my movies folder media center master organizes it in multiple folders. For example I dragged and dropped Tron into this folder and media center master did this:

Why is it doing that? I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that media center master imediatly tries to change the folders during the moving process.

Those are selectable options in MCM.
post #2061 of 3278 Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnztln View Post

well, for now I can just use WM7 itself (Sort of the same concept, I added the unBox d/l location as a directory in Media Center, and it plays very well in that app) but the inconvenient part is having to download it to my HTPC which eats up DVR space. additionally, for some unknown reason when i download a new episode to WMC via unBox or after I delete an episode it makes the "Videos" section a bit unstable, and it has frozen WMC the next time i launched it...so streaming in XBMC is much preferable. at least using WMC is wife-friendly.

When I get things off of Unbox, it goes into the User Video Folder where WMC picks it up.

I have to use a mouse and keyboard however since there is no interface.

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
post #2062 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 12:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3x6 View Post

For Media Center Master and XBMC 11 RC2, I found the following references to XBMC. Do any of these settings need to be enabled, or is the default settings fine? Would appreciate any help with this.

I didn't see that this was answered? I am wondering the same thing as there are no .nfo's created with the way Media Center Master is set up according to this guide. AS it is, MCM will only put backdrop and folder.jpg's and an .xml file in your movie folder. Is this by design? Does this work better than also including the XBMC specific nfo that MCM can fetch?
post #2063 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanndogg View Post

I didn't see that this was answered? I am wondering the same thing as there are no .nfo's created with the way Media Center Master is set up according to this guide. AS it is, MCM will only put backdrop and folder.jpg's and an .xml file in your movie folder. Is this by design? Does this work better than also including the XBMC specific nfo that MCM can fetch?

That options also creates the .tbn files for XBMC.
post #2064 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 AM

Hi,

sorry Rookie question, but with this eden version do i need to do a clean uninstall of the previous version before installing Eden or can i just install over the previous version?

Thanks

TV: Panasonic 55" TX-P55VT65 Surround: Yamaha RX1073 + Orbs Audio Mod2 7.1 + SVS SB12-NSD Processor: Lumagen XS3D+ Darbee v3 Players: HDI Dune Prime 3 / Popcorn Hour A410 NAS: Qnap 869 Pro
post #2065 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ian300zx View Post

Hi,

sorry Rookie question, but with this eden version do i need to do a clean uninstall of the previous version before installing Eden or can i just install over the previous version?

You should be able to do an install over the top. If you are using MYSQL for the backend (instead of the default SQLite), you might want to pop over to the XBMC forums and look at the threads there on potential issues. Also, if your skin or plugins aren't yet available in Eden, you might run into a few problems. Overall it should be a pretty painless upgrade.
post #2066 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Is there a command or something I can set up in a Harmony remote to just take me to music album view with one click? I find it very irritating when the music visualization is on that it takes a bunch of hit and miss button presses to get back to your albums. Depending on where you chose a song and how you got there combinations of "Exit" and "menu" etc will eventually get you there and I can usually figure it out, but my kids like to play music and always get lost in the interface.

Also, does anyone use the Android app? Another music frustration... if I have an empty "Now playing" playlist and I queue up one song, it automatically queues the whole album. Did I ask to queue the album??? NO! Just queue the damn song! Is there a way to change this behaviour?

Built on a tight budget: The Cheap Seats Cinema
post #2067 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

That options also creates the .tbn files for XBMC.

Not sure what you mean. If you leave MCM as it is according to this guide, you only get jpg files. You would need to additionally select the option under XBMC within MCM to create .tbn files. But, according to this guide you don't select that.

So like the poster I quoted, I am wondering if it is better to leave MCM set up as it is in the guide on the first post, or should the additional XBMC options be checked as seen in the previous screen shots- specifically creating nfo and tbn files?
post #2068 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Liked: 31
I'm running into issues with the auto changing of refresh rates. If I enable "adjust display refresh rate to match video" it changes to 24hz regardless of media played. 24p BDrips, 720p TV rips, SD MCE recordings. They all switch to 24hz. Has anyone come up against that before?
post #2069 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanndogg View Post

Not sure what you mean. If you leave MCM as it is according to this guide, you only get jpg files. You would need to additionally select the option under XBMC within MCM to create .tbn files. But, according to this guide you don't select that.

So like the poster I quoted, I am wondering if it is better to leave MCM set up as it is in the guide on the first post, or should the additional XBMC options be checked as seen in the previous screen shots- specifically creating nfo and tbn files?

I don't believe Assassin's guides distinguish between Win MC and XBMC when he recommends settings inside MCM.

If you want to use XBMC, select the appropriate settings inside MCM.
post #2070 of 3278 Old 04-07-2012, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Epic fail on my part. Acording to this guide, you do set MCM to create XBMC metadata files, but when i updated it for Eden, i deleted that part (god knows why). Yeah, enable those options, you should have fanart.jpg for backgrounds and movie.nfo for metadata. Poster.jpg is universal for both XBMC and 7MC/MB.

I`ll add it back when i get the screenshots for the Plex iOS/Android app, still have no clue how to catch screenshots on my tablet atm.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page