Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #601 of 604 Old 02-22-2016, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an original Hauppauge Colossus internal PCIe card. Is the card compatible with Windows 10 either with Showbiz or the new Hauppauge Capture program?

I tried installing the latest drivers on Windows 10 but the installer said it couldn't see the serial number on the device and wouldn't install. I was able to install an older driver (via Device Manager) using the inf files and browsing to the driver directory. The card would capture but there's a lot of buffering as the card is struggling to keep up. The card runs fine on the same hardware with Windows 7.

Thanks for any feedback you guys can provide especially if you've successfully installed a Hauppauge Colossus on Windows 10. The Hauppauge website doesn't say the card is supported with Windows 10 on their website, but the info may just be outdated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 604 Old 02-22-2016, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I have original Colossus card. I installed it on my HTPC some time ago when I had Windows 7 Enterprise. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro last November. I didn't re-install any driver.
I didn't do long capture yet, but short capture tests worked good after upgrading to Windows 10. I use Showbiz. I tried Hauppage Capture program but I had problem with sound.

Did you do clean install or upgrade to Windows 10?
post #603 of 604 Old 02-22-2016, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
Did you do clean install or upgrade to Windows 10?
It was a clean install which is why there was difficulty installing these drivers in Windows 10: Colossus_Driver_1_8_31093_0.exe. The installer is an *.exe file which would run but it would not detect the serial number on the card and then halt installation.
post #604 of 604 Old 02-22-2016, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Chapman View Post
It was a clean install which is why there was difficulty installing these drivers in Windows 10: Colossus_Driver_1_8_31093_0.exe. The installer is an *.exe file which would run but it would not detect the serial number on the card and then halt installation.
Do you have original CD/DVD that came with Colossus?
I would suggest that you install all software from original disk and then run that EXE file with updated drivers.

I think when you install software from original disk it puts serial number somewhere in the registry.
Also, I am sure that EXE file with updated driver doesn't have Showbiz and other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page