post #12331 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

Is there something in the bios setup that I need to toggle or set for a remote keyboard and mouse to work?

I'm no expert, but I don't think there is any way to get a remote keyboard and mouse to work. You need a wired keyboard and mouse for setup, then the remotes will work once the system boots.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12332 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post

correct.
I have the same AVR and I set it to 'Direct' <--- maybe try that setting on the AVR itself.

If your HTPC is showing "HDMI Bitstream (1403)" on the FFDshow icon then it is all setup. The issue is on the AVR. Make sure it is set to decode HD Audio, try some type of 'direct' stream.

I have to return some video tapes....
post #12333 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilky13 View Post

If your HTPC is showing "HDMI Bitstream (1403)" on the FFDshow icon then it is all setup. The issue is on the AVR. Make sure it is set to decode HD Audio, try some type of 'direct' stream.

http://assassinhtpcblog.com/Shark_007/DTS-HD.png

post #12334 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacket_fan View Post

Now that my password is reset and I have replaced the solid state drive and motherboard, I have a new problem trying to get things going again. I have a new Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard and a new Corsair F80 solid state drive. I booted and it seems the bios is fine and the keyboard and mouse work fine. When I try to install Windows 7, I get to the page that you tell it you want English, and the rf keyboard and mouse do not work.

Is there something in the bios setup that I need to toggle or set for a remote keyboard and mouse to work?

The frustration is that the installation went so easy the first time.

You probably need to already have Windows installed so that it can install the drivers for the RF keyboard/mouse. Also check you are not plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, as they need drivers also.

post #12335 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Yes, that is exactly what I see...now i'm wondering if my chipset is the issue? although from what I've read it should handle this hd audio...oh well...a little more investigation ahead!
post #12336 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydas View Post

Yes, that is exactly what I see...now i'm wondering if my chipset is the issue? although from what I've read it should handle this hd audio...oh well...a little more investigation ahead!

Maybe, have you been able to play HD audio through that AVR before? I had fiddle with my Pioneer for over an hour before I set it to 'direct stream'. Then all my formats worked.

post #12337 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:

Maybe, have you been able to play HD audio through that AVR before? I had fiddle with my Pioneer for over an hour before I set it to 'direct stream'. Then all my formats worked.

Yes, I bitstream from my bluray and i get HD-MSTR display on AVR...i've been thru every setting on AVR and I'm pretty sure its set right...so frustrating...its got to be some driver or other issue on the HTPC
post #12338 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Try plugging in the HDMI cable from the computer into where the BDP is now. Maybe your AVR is particular about inputs.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #12339 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:

Yes, I bitstream from my bluray and i get HD-MSTR display on AVR...i've been thru every setting on AVR and I'm pretty sure its set right...so frustrating...its got to be some driver or other issue on the HTPC

Hmmm.... If your bluray player works then it sounds like your AVR is fine and your getting FFDshow to say "HDMI bitstream", so your codec setup sounds okay, too. And your setup page is good? http://assassinhtpcblog.com/Shark_007/ffdshow%201.png
And your mixer page is set to "same as input"? http://assassinhtpcblog.com/Shark_007/ffdshow%202.png

Paste a screen shot of your 2 pages.

post #12340 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

You probably need to already have Windows installed so that it can install the drivers for the RF keyboard/mouse. Also check you are not plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, as they need drivers also.

Thanks Wilkey, but my son figured it out. The dongle for the keyboard and mouse neeeded to be in USB port 1. I had it in 3. i would have never figured that one out. Makes no sense to me but it worked. I am now n the process of using the guides to get back to where I was before the drive crashed on me.

Mark
post #12341 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:

Hmmm.... If your bluray player works then it sounds like your AVR is fine and your getting FFDshow to say "HDMI bitstream", so your codec setup sounds okay, too. And your setup page is good? http://assassinhtpcblog.com/Shark_007/ffdshow%201.png
And your mixer page is set to "same as input"? http://assassinhtpcblog.com/Shark_007/ffdshow%202.png

Paste a screen shot of your 2 pages.

i'm honestly ready to wipe my drive and re install..not a huge deal..when I find the time...which after tonight won't be till Friday...I'll try and post some screen shots later...
post #12342 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:

i'm honestly ready to wipe my drive and re install..not a huge deal..when I find the time...which after tonight won't be till Friday...I'll try and post some screen shots later...

One last thing I would do is go to your motherboards website and download/install the latest drivers.

post #12343 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 06:13 PM

Getting more and more frustrated with my htpc built with Assassin guide as a template.

now im getting this error after 3 seconds of video playback, I have iso files. They are the problem, My one Mkv files words well. I have mounted via virtual clone the iso and used Mikinho Mount Image program and made setting in mediabrowser.

Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer

Ive tried that without help.

Im using Lav. Should I uninstall and try shark codecs?

Im running mymovies and mediabrowser.

any suggestions?
post #12344 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcdoc View Post

Getting more and more frustrated with my htpc built with Assassin guide as a template.

now im getting this error after 3 seconds of video playback, I have iso files. They are the problem, My one Mkv files words well. I have mounted via virtual clone the iso and used Mikinho Mount Image program and made setting in mediabrowser.

Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer

Ive tried that without help.
I
Im using Lav. Should I uninstall and try shark codecs?

Im running mymovies and mediabrowser.

any suggestions?

Try a different iso mount.

Why are you using mymovies and mediabrowser? I wouldn't exactly call that a "template".
post #12345 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to ripping 3d movies for playback in wmc/mb
post #12346 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollatbk View Post

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to ripping 3d movies for playback in wmc/mb

Unfortunately for 3d you have to use paid software like tmt5.
post #12347 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Unfortunately for 3d you have to use paid software like tmt5.

To rip it or play it?
post #12348 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Try a different iso mount.

Why are you using mymovies and mediabrowser? I wouldn't exactly call that a "template".

HI, there, love your guide, for anyone new to this, they should buy it, invaluable for the long haul.

I am using mymovies and mediabrowser because I like the way mymovies rips movies automatically, ipad app, android app, and auto monitoring of folders. Sorry, did not mean to suggest mymovies was in your template. Its not but a lot of users do own it.

I did not install Media center master this time around because of what I thought was corruption of too much meta data.

interestingly, in your guide the settings do allow mediabrowser to fetch metadata (something about providers), I noticed mediabrowser did a fair job by itself for this.

Honestly, would like to run the 2, since they have their pros and cons. From hitting goggle and lots of forums, ive learned they dont offsett each other.

I will try the iso thing by unchecking auto play, see if that works.
post #12349 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 PM

Just got my build together and I'm having problems. I am running a Intel G620, asus p8h61-i, and 4 gig ram just like listed in the build at the start and all blu ray rips (m2ts) are having problems. They all have artifacts that appear anytime the screen changes from one scene to another. Anything I am missing on the setup or anything?

Edit - Running the newest build of XBMC
post #12350 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:

HI, there, love your guide, for anyone new to this, they should buy it, invaluable for the long haul.

I am using mymovies and mediabrowser because I like the way mymovies rips movies automatically, ipad app, android app, and auto monitoring of folders. Sorry, did not mean to suggest mymovies was in your template. Its not but a lot of users do own it.

I did not install Media center master this time around because of what I thought was corruption of too much meta data.

interestingly, in your guide the settings do allow mediabrowser to fetch metadata (something about providers), I noticed mediabrowser did a fair job by itself for this.

Honestly, would like to run the 2, since they have their pros and cons. From hitting goggle and lots of forums, ive learned they dont offsett each other.

I will try the iso thing by unchecking auto play, see if that works.

okay now noted Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer

occuring on mkv and iso. this was my second windows install attempt after clean windows install. Now either give up or redo.

I think I will redo but this time word for word thru assassins guide. I will uninstall whs mymovies and mymovies from client pc as well. No more mymovies and maybe things will work??

I dont know, soo frustrating.
post #12351 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:

okay now noted Video Error: Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and or restart the computer

occuring on mkv and iso. this was my second windows install attempt after clean windows install. Now either give up or redo.

I think I will redo but this time word for word thru assassins guide. I will uninstall whs mymovies and mymovies from client pc as well. No more mymovies and maybe things will work??

I dont know, soo frustrating.

That error message is the same I got when I had LAV as my codec. I uninstalled LAV and installed Shark007 as per the Free Guide 1. I have mkv, avi, and mp4, they all work fine now. I do not have iso.

post #12352 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 08:59 PM

thanks for the quick post, i will try that first before fresh reinstall, seems darn complicated though.
post #12353 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:

thanks for the quick post, i will try that first before fresh reinstall, seems darn complicated though.

Naw, the Shark GUI makes sense once you go through it a few times. It makes codec setup a lot simpler than digging into each individual codec (LAV, Halli, FFDshow, etc.) setup pages.

post #12354 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM

I want to query everyone's input. I rip 99% of my bluray's to mkv and watch them in Media Browser.

But....

For that 1% of the time I want to throw the bluray in the optical drive and just watch it from there, what is the best plugin that integrates seamlessly into WMC? TMT5? MyMovies? Any others?

post #12355 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I want to query everyone's input. I rip 99% of my bluray's to mkv and watch them in Media Browser.

But....

For that 1% of the time I want to throw the bluray in the optical drive and just watch it from there, what is the best plugin that integrates seamlessly into WMC? TMT5? MyMovies? Any others?

I have been using TMT for some time now with zero problems. I rip all of my BD's as ISO's. TMT works seamlessly with Media Browser. If you just want to pop a disc in, TMT works great for that too. My HTPC is my go to disc player as well.
post #12356 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot View Post

I have been using TMT for some time now with zero problems. I rip all of my BD's as ISO's. TMT works seamlessly with Media Browser. If you just want to pop a disc in, TMT works great for that too. My HTPC is my go to disc player as well.

Does TMT5 play in WMC, or does it minimize WMC and play in it's own window? Does WMC pop back up after you stop the disc?

post #12357 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Is anybody familiar with secodnrun.tv? Pros/cons? Also I just sicovered kylo browser, I think its my new go to htpc browser.. nice, simple, 10ft interface.
post #12358 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Does TMT5 play in WMC, or does it minimize WMC and play in it's own window? Does WMC pop back up after you stop the disc?

You hit play, and a screen shows up showing your drives, then the video starts. When you hit stop, you are back in WMC. Very seem less. Remember, I use TMT 5 for all of my playback. If I insert a disc into my HTPC, it just plays. If I choose from a ripped disc in MB, again, TMT 5 starts up and plays the movie. That's one of the reasons I went with TMT is that it works very well in side of WMC as well as MB. I know that many do not want to pay for playback software but for me, this was the best solution.
post #12359 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky13 View Post

i want to query everyone's input. I rip 99% of my bluray's to mkv and watch them in media browser.

But....

For that 1% of the time i want to throw the bluray in the optical drive and just watch it from there, what is the best plugin that integrates seamlessly into wmc? Tmt5? Mymovies? Any others?

tmt5

In search of video bliss...
post #12360 of 15973 Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:

Sort of and yes you come back to WMC

In search of video bliss...
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Rosewill Windows Vista Certified Media Center Infrared Remote Control Rrc 126 , New Logitech Harmony One Keypad Touch Screen Advanced Universal Remote Control Infrared Display Lcd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page