AVS Forum banner
2M views 16K replies 959 participants last post by  kiwijunglist 
#1 ·

Due to limitations with forum software as of 5/01/12 I am moving the updated version of my guide over the my blog located at assassinhtpcblog.com . The guide at my blog will remain free and as time allows I will update my guide here when possible. Due to the size of my guide I am getting multiple timeouts which makes updating the guide incredibly time consuming and the forum software is very cumbersome for these guides. Thanks for the continued support.

Assassin's HTPC Buying Guide (Click Logo Below)

See less See more
#10,603 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast /forum/post/21641291

Where's my DTS-MA?

(and no, scrolling down doesn't help
).

I'm using TMT5, so the codecs should be there. The G530 is capable, right? The receiver has no problem with it from my BDP.

Michael

DTS-HD is DTS-MA as in HDAudio.

Dolby TrueHD is the other HDAudio format.

#10,607 ·
I'm having some trouble with Media Browser or Media Player, not quite sure which one is the culprit at this point.

About every other time I click play on a movie, i get the Windows Spinning circle, the Win7 equivalent of the hourglass. It will stay this way for about a minute and then go back to a blank media center home screen. I can click on the start button and get back to the Media Center menu, but when i go back into to media browser if i try to click play on a different, or the same, movie, i get the same behavior. Sometimes it will kick me back out to the main Media Center menu after doing this. If it does that, when i click on Media Browser plugin, it kind fo stutters for a second, then it goes right back to the same view with the Media Browser plugin icon highlighted.

This is getting super frustrating, because when this happens i have to haul out the keyboard and close down media player, and then do CtlAltDel to stop the media browser process and then restart Media Center to be able to play a movie again.

Any suggestions?

#10,609 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeisher /forum/post/21641387

I'm having some trouble with Media Browser or Media Player, not quite sure which one is the culprit at this point.

About every other time I click play on a movie, i get the Windows Spinning circle, the Win7 equivalent of the hourglass. It will stay this way for about a minute and then go back to a blank media center home screen. I can click on the start button and get back to the Media Center menu, but when i go back into to media browser if i try to click play on a different, or the same, movie, i get the same behavior. Sometimes it will kick me back out to the main Media Center menu after doing this. If it does that, when i click on Media Browser plugin, it kind fo stutters for a second, then it goes right back to the same view with the Media Browser plugin icon highlighted.

This is getting super frustrating, because when this happens i have to haul out the keyboard and close down media player, and then do CtlAltDel to stop the media browser process and then restart Media Center to be able to play a movie again.

Any suggestions?

Update the splitter. I have the new version (as always) linked for you in the guides.

#10,611 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin /forum/post/21641429

Should be playing the DTS-HD MA then. Do your other DTS-HD files work?

TrueHD is now playing as PCM, which it wasn't doing before, so something's gotten screwed up.

But, at the moment, I have other aggravations to attend, so this will be on the back burner. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for helping out.

Michael

#10,614 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin /forum/post/21641654

Just install it and open it in Start -> Programs.

You can now set bitstreaming there and its easier than Graph Studio.

Ok i just moved over to the HTPC and tried opening stopping and playing about 15 different movie files and that has apparently fixed the issue. I didn't go back into the setting or even open the program, should i have?

#10,618 ·
Sure you can use wireless . Just make sure that distance is not to far from the source .

I actually like using the mouse / keyboard for setting up the new htpc . However , for everyday operation you will grow tired of this fast and the family will most likely shy away from using the htpc . This could be a positive in some respects though

Set up your system with the wireless mouse / key board and when all is well , switch to a remote . I always keep the keyboard / mouse handy though in case something goes fubar

#10,620 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast /forum/post/21641500

TrueHD is now playing as PCM, which it wasn't doing before, so something's gotten screwed up.

Fixed. TrueHD, HD-Master, everything, perfect.

So what did I do?

Nothing. Go figure.

So all is well. I immediately made a system backup (which I don't think gets stressed enough here), and I'm up and running.

"Snip" gets the Windows background, which obviously isn't visible in actual use. The Eagles and Aeon Flux discs are ripped HD DVDs, so this has worked out REALLY well. Thanks again to everyone for your help and suggestions.

And patience.

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.