What movie organization software would be best for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so I'm looking for a decent movie organization software for personal use. I have two (soon to be three) external drives with movies on them (I don't own a desktop due to being in college and just not having the time nor space for one, so I just use my laptop for everything-- I mention that so you guys know I can't simply do a big RAID 5/10 setup. ).

anyways, I'm looking for a movie cataloging/organizing software that can keep track of what movie(s) are on what drive and can give me searchable summaries of my movies (preferably so I can search for, as an example, "mobster" and come up with movies about the mafia or whatever) and actors/actresses.

I want to mention that the software, whatever you guys recommend, will need to be able to work without the drives attached all the time. like, if I start up the program when I don't have any of the drives plugged-in, I don't want the program to freak out because it stored all the data for the movies in the individual movies folders on the respective drives.

That being said, I'll probably need something that stores all the info in a database on my C: drive perhaps?

I'd also really like for the software to be able to use my own folder.jpeg files I already have in there, because there isn't a single movie on either of my drives without a good folder.jpg file already there. Also the software needs to be able to deal with file names well, like, for example, "Fight.Club.1999.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264" or "Fight Club.mkv" and so on.

for what it's worth, I've tried the following and didn't like them:
1. Ember Media Manager
2. EMDB ("Eric's Movie Database")

p.s.: I wanted to thank you guys for the custom BluRay and HDDVD cover art thread, that thing rocks and is an excellent resource. you guys should be making serious money from the movie studios, in my opinion.

my OS is Win 7 64-bit, by the way! Thanks a lot for you guys' time! I've been browsing this forum for a while (prior to registering) and have always been amazed by the content!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 AM

if you do NOT need a frontend (which i think you do) then may want to check out DVD Profiler

if you DO need a frontend, MyMovies (for Windows Media Center) can do the job for you. it supports on-off-line movies as well as recognizing automatic filenames.

post #3 of 5 Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM

Mediabrowser inside of media center. I have ~800 movies plus a good sized TV collection and it's what I use. I've used them all and mediabroswer with Metabrowser is the best way to go.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-29-2012, 04:24 PM

post #5 of 5 Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Thank you for necroing this thread /sarcasm.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page