post #661 of 671 Old 02-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqnick View Post

Recently I wrote on bloghtpcabout the new mini ITX case OrigenAE MM100. A new model with similar dimesions like the M10 but wihtout front display.

The case includes a 60mm fan, but OrigenAE does not indicate  is whether in the opposite side there is another similar opening,
Yes, it is.
I mentioned about this model before right here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394602/official-origenae-thread/60#post_24205168
Picture of internal view attached.

Quote:
I understand that this will be imitating the structure of M10 in which the converter current from the external source is housed and a fan in one side.

Includes a 120W power supply with a pico ITX internal converter , also allows two 2.5 " hard drives . The manufacturer does not clearly indicate the location of the hard drives, one of them could be set at one side, and  the other in the hole for hanging the LCD or the optical drive tray screen.
There is no LCD, no screen at all. Second HD can be installed under ODD bracket.
Quote:

A great case with great success if the sales price is lower than the M10 model, the absence of display should reduce its price considerably.
Correct.

Regards

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 671 Old 02-15-2014, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks Zygmunt.

There wasn´t too much information on the inner disposition of the MM10.

I will try to review it on the blog, but OrigenAE people
have not shown great feedback to my email request, I'll have to try again.

Regards.

Visit my blog on HTPC
Blog H T P C
post #663 of 671 Old 02-16-2014, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Hi Jmqnick.
What information do you need?
Because it is OrigenAE chassis, can we go to Official OrigenAE thread to continue discussion?

Regards

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #664 of 671 Old 02-16-2014, 05:37 AM

Liked: 10

My doubts have been cleared with the image you posted.

I will visit the other thread to follow, I am a great fan of OrigenAE.

Thank you.

Visit my blog on HTPC
Blog H T P C
post #665 of 671 Old 02-16-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 137
I've always wondered how much interest there would be in a clone of the m10 without the LCD/VFD screen.

post #666 of 671 Old 05-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion View Post

I've always wondered how much interest there would be in a clone of the m10 without the LCD/VFD screen.
It is not a clone. Different shape, different dimensions.

Regards

Zygmunt
Perfect Home Theater
post #667 of 671 Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt View Post

It is not a clone. Different shape, different dimensions.

Regards

It was just a general thought, not a comment on any particular case you're showing.

post #668 of 671 Old 05-15-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is a neat little case the HT-60 shown here with a C1037U motherboard installed. It has an IR receiver too.

I like the brushed silver.

post #669 of 671 Old 10-22-2014, 12:14 PM

Liked: 0
Hello forum, newbie, first post.

I have been reading the forum a while in the course of gathering information for my first ITX build. Intrigued, so I joined up!
The case I settled for is the iWill mini-sys. S197 H80.That number probably rings a bell for Stardog, he is obviously familiar with the case. I like it, very nicely engineered with 1/8" thick sides and 1/16" top panel in solid alloy coated in matt black. I much prefer this size of case to the cube or mini-tower ones, these defeat the object of going small form factor. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Motherboard I chose is AS Rock H97ITX/ac, with a Pentium G3258k, a Samsung 128GB EVO. No GPU I won`t need one and no space for one anyway on the back panel. The Intel graphics will be fine for what I want and if I want better then I will get an i3 and get HD 400/4600 graphics. NO ODD either, never use one.
I got a CPU cooler at just over an inch high, with a 3" fan. places for 2 case fans on the sides, 2" only....I am having one nearest the CPUcooler and one hung on the ODD tray directly above the cooler. These 2 fans are Gelid Silent 5s. The ODD tray is only going to be used for mounting this fan and the SSD, which will be directly above and only 2" away from the SATA headers on the motherboard.I tracked down some 3" and 4" SATA cables for this short run. What I want to avoid is a mess af cabling everywhere, apart from looking a disaster they impede good airflow and the smaller the case the more important good airflow and cooling become.
That just leaves the power..Only unit to fit this case is a 24pin mounted Pico power supply unit. I got a 160watt unit with a 120 watt power brick, laptop style. Only issue with this unit is the harness....Like just about if not all power supply harness layouts, a floppy drive connector is included,Why? also random cable lengths and connector placings....So out with the cable cutters..I am half way through making up and sleeving my own harness, not an inch more cable than needed and connectors just where I need them.The two case fans will run off a splitter from the motherboard header, so only cables on the harness will be 4 pin ATX and a twin headed SATA cable.Twin because if I get a second SSD it will be mounted back to back with the Samsung, so I have put the connectors just under 1/2" apart.......Quite enjoying the challenge of getting it how I want it!
post #670 of 671 Old 10-22-2014, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If you haven't already gotten the motherboard, a thin mini-ITX motherboard would be better since you won't have to deal with a picoPSU and the extra cabling. The ASUS H81T/CSM is a good choice or the ECS H81H3-TI (the BIOS can be upgraded to support the G3258 or just go with the G3220 -- it's not like you'll be overclocking). You can get a 160W external AC adapter for the motherboard and not have to make any modifications to the case.

post #671 of 671 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

Liked: 0
I already have the motherboard, and the Pico will be no problem once I finish reworking the harness. The Asus board is interesting, but only one SATA 6GB. Fine board for HTPC though. I can get that board here for the same price I paid for my H97 board, but would sooner have the newer chip architecture.
I probably will clock the G3258, but just a tweak to 4.2Ghz max, seems they often reach that with minimal temperature increase. If needed I will run at stock. It is rated at 53 watt no not that demanding a cpu really. I may well swap it for an i3 or i5 later so I get HD4000 or 4600 graphics.
What cpu coolers do you use with this case? I use a brand call PC Cooler,, model S85 Thin, which is low profile @Just over an inch and a footprint of 3 1/4 " by 3 7/8",so no RAM slot fouling.
it is rated 16 to 22 Dba so almost silent and 65 watt with a maximum of 95watts., so quiet tiny and efficient.........and £16.00 so not expensive.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page