The latest DAPlayer is a FREE blu-ray player. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently own ArcSoft TotalMedia 3 and it's doing the job. But I happened across a freeware site that had listed DAPlayer and said this version supports blu-ray. FOR FREE. This can be a roadblock for home theater PC builders as good software is expensive. If you just want to watch the occasional blu-ray, this may be for you. I checked out their forums and the software is not without its bugs. Also, it looks like they support newer titles on a month-by-month release schedule. Somebody was complaining a new title didn't work. It looks great to me so far as I test by watching The Dark Knight. Subs were on by default, but I turned them off. I understand previous versions may or may not have supported blu-ray... Either way, this one works for me. I thought I'd post my findings here since people come here for this type of info. http://www.digiarty.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-22-2011, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was googling DAPlayer to see what people were saying about it. I agree for a free product the features seem like a great deal. However on another message board I found some comments that cast some doubt on the trustworthiness of the company that makes it. Read here:

Quote:

Digiarty has some nice software but they are not a company to be trusted. That's kind of a double standard coming from me because I post their freebies all the time (see my front page deals). I would not let them have my credit card number nor would I let any software update. They have a history of having several different company names under the same umbrella or affiliations with other companies- Wondershare, WinX, etc. Their more well known notorious works include giveawayoftheday products where they spam the votes to make it look like they have thousands of positive votes. They also spam forums with their page links and product info. That's kinda kids' stuff that is not so bad- just more annoying than anything.

Then there's the other problems, rumors, allegations, etc that the company has been involved in-

1. affiliated with Iobit, the company caught stealing signatures from Malwarebytes
2. their dvd ripper is allegedly cracked versions of Slyfox brand
3. affiliated wwith SoThink company, the ones who allegedly had the Firefox add-on trojan earlier this year

About all the above is just rumor except for the forum spamming/vote rigging. So proceed at your own risk. I would think there are capable free movie viewers available besides this one though, maybe VLC or MPC, although I suppose the ability to remove region restrictions would be a plus. If I were you though I would run the Digiarty player with limited right or in a sandbox and only update if really needed...maybe run the program in joebox.org first?

I can't post the URL since this is only my first post here, but google "daplayer digiarty" and look for a link to the "slickdeals" message boards. You will find the discussion there.

I realize this is an old thread but I'm only posting this now for the next person that stumbles upon it looking to find out more about this software.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page