Win7 and TMT3 Platinum issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having problems with TMT3 Platinum loaded on Win7 and I can't seem to find which is the culprit, but TMT3 Platinum works fine on my Vista machine.

I've just built two HTPC's both of which have Win7 but I am unable to play my BD ISOs with TMT3 Platinum on either of them, either directly or through Media Center. I have an existing HTPC with Vista Ultimate that plays BD ISOs with no problem with TMT3 Platinum, so I'm thinking there is a driver or something that won't let me play it on the Win7 HTPCs. In all instances I'm mounting the ISO with VCD. The message I'm getting within TMT3 is "This disc cannot be played". On my Vista HTPC when an ISO is mounted with VCD the AnyDVD window says:
Current profile: BR-R
Media is a Blu Ray disc.

When I mount an ISO on the Win7 HTPCs with VCD the AnyDVD window says:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel).
I don't if VCD is just retaining the previous disc profile or not but it shows the disc label and size associated with the mounted BD.

In addition, on my Win7 HTPC with the BD drive I can successfully play a BD disc directly from the BD drive just not through an ISO. I ditched Vista because of the horrible networking and wi-fi problems I was having but I was leary of moving to Win7 because it might break my BD playing capability,which it looks to have done. I've looked for 2 days and I cannot find any solutions - very frustrating. I would appreciated any assistance.

My equipment is as follows:
All three are using latest TMT Platinum v3.0.1.185
VCD v5.4.0.6
AnyDVD HD v 6.7.9.0

The 2 Win7 Professional SP1 HTPCs have the same components:
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
ASRock H55M/USB3 R2.0 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3530
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

The Vista Ultimate HTPC has:
ASUS M3N72-D AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
ASUS EN9800GT HB/HTDI/512M GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
ENERMAX MODU82+ EMD525AWT 525W ATX12V Ver.2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Compatible w/Core i7 Modular Active PFC Power Supply
AMD Phenom 9850 BLACK EDITION 2.5GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor HD985ZXAGHBOX
A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model AD2U800B2G5-DRH

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Are you trying to play the ISO's that were created with the Vista system with 7 system?

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #3 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Yes all of my BD ISOs were created with Vista. I have not created any with Win7.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 12:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thought so. Look up taking ownership of harddrive. Many disks I have filled with ISOs won't play on other systems, only on the created system.

Try making an ISO with 7 of a full Vista created ISO. This is one reason SamuriHL recommends making ISO with encryption intact.

Is your 7 system less than Ultimate? One theory I have is this is not an issue with a standard Vista/7 system and a higher say Pro or Ultimate system to access. For example, if you make the ISO with 7 Premium and swap hdd to Ultimate it won't be a problem. But if you make the ISO with Ultimate and try to access with Premium, it won't work.

Essentially, you may have to ask with a specific titled thread as I don't know the easy fix. It involves administrator rights/functions. And it's been a year or more when I confronted this issue. Or someone has a ctrl/alt/function solution that blows this all to crap.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #5 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

I burned a new BD ISO on my Win7 HTPC and tried to play it with the TMT3 loaded on that machine and I still got the same message. Even AnyDVD shows the media profile as above - being a DVD ROM. I thought for sure that would work.

On Another note, I can make an ISO of a DVD and it works fine in Win7 with TMT3.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Try and use DAEMON Tools Lite to mount your ISO, seems I had the same problem using Vista created ISO's in Windows 7 and using VCD and TMT3
post #7 of 8 Old 03-13-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

I tried Daemon Lite as well - no luck.Why I try to select the Daemon virtual drive from TMT3 it displays a message "Please insert a disc". In the AnyDVD window the BD ISO shows up as a CD-ROM with the size and label of the BD. Again I was able to load a DVD ISO with Daemon or TMT3 just fine.

Shouldn't I be able to play a BD ISO that was created within Win7? I don't understand why I can play a DVD ISO but not a BD ISO.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

I get the issue with the Vista vs. Win7 harddrive ownership, but can anyone explain why an ISO created in Win7 cannot be played with TMT3 in Win7? DVD ISOs can also be played.

Could this issue be caused because the previous OS on the HTPC was Vista before I installed Win7?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page