Video Error & Shark007 Settings - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
lol, nice bump, I often scan the 1st page and move on
read this post on the shark007 forum for audio setup

Use Shark007 Codecs and retain your sanity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 250
I've read that post before but maybe I need to really read it word by word...

post #63 of 74 Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

I am still having a heck of a time with this. I am getting LPCM as the HTPC is doing the decoding so maybe I'll just leave it at that for now as I do want to get my library set up with and scrape it for metadata as well as get a new/better antenna for the PVR.

I just have to get this project moving along and not be stuck on this one issue for so long but will give it one more shot before moving on. Are there any other suggestions?

I know that the HTPC can bitstream/passthrough HD Audio because it has done it before with Hauppauge's WinTV 7.2. Maybe I need to figure out which codec they use and put it in WMC.

post #64 of 74 Old 03-30-2011, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Fk'n A

After over a week of tweeking on this I've finally got it figured out...

I read this post just today and googled as suggested and (re)found the link to this guide and found that I needed to download the latest driver from Intel for my IGPU for the audio as I had only downloaded the latest graphics driver previously. A couple of Shark007 tweeks later and bingo.. dts-HD/MA and no broken HDTV!

Thanks to all that have helped with this, especially Shark and unknowingly renethx and jrwalte and of course assassin who got me going on this project.

Next up... scraping metadata and installing a better antenna.
and

post #65 of 74 Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
Fk'n A
glad to hear it Sammy.
My head was starting to spin at the lack of a solution, as I am sure yours already was.

Use Shark007 Codecs and retain your sanity.
post #66 of 74 Old 03-31-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark007 View Post
glad to hear it Sammy.
My head was starting to spin at the lack of a solution, as I am sure yours already was.
I think that I had installed the updated Intel audio driver when I was getting HD Auido using Hauppauge! WinTV but after re-installing Windows 7, I didn't re-install WinTV and apparently not the audio driver either. I didn't even think of it as I went to Gibabyte's site and downloaded MOBO drivers from there which included the Intel Management Engine and Graphics driver.

post #67 of 74 Old 03-31-2011, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

So last night after getting the HD Audio to bitstream I went to live TV which was working before and got the audio loop issue again and then the video error screen popped up again. I have some of the settings in the swap screen that say the affect or break live TV checked off. Do I need these checked off for audio pass through? I suppose I'll un-check them and give it a whirl and report back...

post #68 of 74 Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

I unchecked the disable microsoft audio box in the swap tab in both the 32 bit and 64 bit settings applications. I had bad results (garbled audio) with the m2ts playback in WMC even though it rendered just fine in the Misc screen. When I rechecked the box it initially broke live TV playback but if I restarted WMC, played a movie from my library for a few seconds (with dts-HD/MA) and then switched to live TV it worked fine (at least for the minute or so I tested it out)

So what gives??

post #69 of 74 Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

This is really starting to get old.

I have HD Audio working now and last night live TV was working just fine. This morning WMC woke up needing to restart itself and the now video error is back with neither working and I didn't do anything but let WMC resart itself.

I guess I need to restore back a couple of days again and see what happens.

post #70 of 74 Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Okay. I did that with no change.

Then I went into the 32bit system settings application and reset to default and repeated that with the 64bit system settings application... No change.

Then I went back into the shark applications and selected Shark007 recommended settings... Live TV is working again but of course no HD Audio.

It seems when I add the passthrough on the Audio Tab the only way it will give me HD Audio in WMC is if I disable the microsoft audio in the Swap Tab which does exactly what it says... Break Live TV.

I really need both of these to work in an integrated system and not have to keep changing my settings every time I want to switch from live TV to a movie or visa-versa.

post #71 of 74 Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I think that Microsoft is messing it up with nightly Security Essentials updates as that is the only thing that I can see that changed overnight.

EDIT: Is there a step by step guide to configuring the registry that might fix this issue?

post #72 of 74 Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I think that Microsoft is messing it up with nightly Security Essentials updates as that is the only thing that I can see that changed overnight.

EDIT: Is there a step by step guide to configuring the registry that might fix this issue?

I'm in the similar level of hell as you right now. I get DTS/AC3 to passthrough but as soon as that works I break Live TV. I have got it to pass AC3 and keep Live TV but I miss my DTS... There is an option in to use Alt Support (or something) to fix Live TV but the picture quality is terrible. So confused and my wife is sick of watching me tinker with it and that WMC start up sound is about to make her go suicidal.

I wish you luck and will be following this closely.
post #73 of 74 Old 04-06-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoEnFuego View Post

I'm in the similar level of hell as you right now. I get DTS/AC3 to passthrough but as soon as that works I break Live TV. I have got it to pass AC3 and keep Live TV but I miss my DTS... There is an option in to use Alt Support (or something) to fix Live TV but the picture quality is terrible. So confused and my wife is sick of watching me tinker with it and that WMC start up sound is about to make her go suicidal.

I wish you luck and will be following this closely.

I just recently got this issue resolved but it requires remuxing the 0000.m2ts to mkv. Check it out here. Click in the upper corner to open the entire thread and go back a few posts to read about the development of the solution.

post #74 of 74 Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I just recently got this issue resolved but it requires remuxing the 0000.m2ts to mkv. Check it out here. Click in the upper corner to open the entire thread and go back a few posts to read about the development of the solution.

Hmm... not the issue I'm having unfortunately.

I did some tweaking last night and got divx to pass DD and mkv to pass DTS but it broke my Live TV. I checked the Alt Support for Anolog TV (Analog?? heh.) and the quality of live tv is acceptable, must better than Digital TV option. I think I found the sweet spot.

Unfortunately I'm RMAing my Zacate board and getting an i3 Sandy Bridge to hopefully help with some of the playback issues i'm having. So this will start all over again next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page