SmoothVideo Project (SVP)/Frame Interpolation (FI) from Russia - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 197 Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there any way I could have SVP or something similar like InterFrame kinda Motion Interpolation plugin scripts running in the background as I was playing a PC gaming in either a windowed mode or full screen? If I could cheat my 3D games that run 30hz to run 60hz... This would be an amazing thing... No need for crappy HDTV and their Motion Interpolation software trickery and marketing!

This would be a dream. Is there anyway to implement the real time use of this plug in as a DLL or something that would run along side of the PC game? I think it is possible because you can you use it in real time with videos and video streams...

Does anybody know of an external video processor that would add Frame rate conversion : motion interpolation in real time? THAT DOES NOT COST 75K dollars haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 663
NO. I think the frame needs to generate first so it would not be an advantage in gaming

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #183 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 PM

This guy proves it CAN work...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943433-deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut/66055858

I think this method of using the SVP and having options to choose the "Interpolation" levels and correct artifacts is amazing.
I also think that since this work around involves using GPU/CPU related resources it will be way better than some slow software or cheap chip that LG and others buy from chip suppliers.
This method would work great to smooth out console games. The XBOX would be doing ALL the work and all you would have to do is relay the video signal and adjust the SVP settings.
Not sure how one could use this on PC gaming... Maybe I will see if I can route one of my DVI-I inputs to the PVR and trick the software involved into running the hack as I play real time in PC games.
It might be possible...

My main point in doing this was simple. I really didn't want the Interpolation that's built in to devices. Its usually laggy and slow and always caused input lag because of its minimal software/hardware implementations. By using the resources of my GPU/CPU to run and control/tweak Interpolation settings... I could get the best of both worlds! Maybe! Even less input lag since my PJ has ZERO to begin with... Its CRT fast.

- Use SVP to watch video files, use Crystal Video Player to watch other movie files, Power-DVD has a built in software Interpolation feature, Corel WinDVD Plus has this as well.
- Use SVP and my PVR to play any video source and hardware with configurable frame interpolation including : Video game consoles, DVD Players, Etc.
- POSSIBLY connect the PVR to the other DISPLAY inputs of my GPU and force the PVR to use that source : Then I could use the PVR Interpolation hack on playing PC games with feature.

This would mean that I would have a very unique and customized approach of using Interpolation tech/software WITHOUT being limited to the built in tech on display devices. This would mean... I would never want to use a system like "LG's Laggy TruMotion" as it introduced so much input lag 150ms and more. AND these systems have artifacts and cannot be adjusted like the SVP script.

This would be the best of both worlds... AND it would allow those of us that want this feature to NOT be forced into buying only select "MORE EXPENSIVE" Displays/Projectors/TVs that offer it.
I think the main thin to remember is you would NEED a fast very capable PC to get good results... AND you would need a display that has very little to ZERO input lag to begin with.
post #184 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Wouldn't it be easier to use your CPU/GPU resources to just make the game render at 60fps, instead of trying to interpolate to 60 fps?

Interpolation always introduces some kind of "lag", because it just needs time to process these frames. On movies this is automatically compensated by syncing the audio clock against this, but on games, you can't do that, you want realtime reactions.
This is why TVs usually come with a "Game" mode that turns off all this processing, to ensure the delay is reduced. You just can't do expensive image processing without adding some kind of delay.
post #185 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM

I am after improving FIXED 3D frampacked 1080p 24Hz gameplay

My display has ZERO input lag to begin with.

http://www.gamespot.com/deadly-premonition/forum/heartbroken-i-devised-a-way-to-play-at-60fps-via-frame-interpolation-66055858/

I think with enough power/hardware... YOU could add Frame interpolation like that guy did. Feed the signal through one of the Dual DVI-I through a Component adapter to PVR then use the main HDMI output to do the hack in real time like he did with his PS3 game
post #186 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Point stands that interpolation adds delay, just by the nature of how the algorithm works. For proper interpolation you need past and future frames to interpolate against, and once you need future frames, you need to delay the frames until you have them.
post #187 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 PM

The delay would be no worse MAYBE better than ANY implementation that ALL HDTVs use. NOT to mention you would eliminate a much bigger problem associated with Frame Interpolation : ARTIFACTS!

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363239

SVP is fully customizable and would allow real time control of all effects and tweaking to remove artifacts for using it in games!
post #188 of 197 Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 PM

This is quoted from that link :

http://www.gamespot.com/deadly-premonition/forum/heartbroken-i-devised-a-way-to-play-at-60fps-via-frame-interpolation-66055858/

1. Connected PS3 to a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle HD Capture unit in 720P component output. (though any comparable device should do, the Intensity is a piece of crap and I do not reccomend it) Connected via USB3 to an i5 3550K Windows 7 PC.

2. Projected 720P source to Manycam window (www.manycam.com; free software) Manycam allows me to fool Media Player Classic/SVP into thinking its getting a 30FPS source so it can be upscaled to 60FPS.

3. Ran SVP "Smoothvideo Project" software (http://www.svp-team.com; free software) within Media Player Classic (included with the SVP bundle). In Media Player Classic, selected Manycam as capture source, then View->Capture and corrected the input resolution to 1280x720.

4. Went back to Manycam and clicked "blank screen" forcing SVP to switch from 60fps to 30fps, then clicked back on the native capture source to upscale interpolation to 30->60fps.

The result: 50-60FPS, much more tolerable to look at, and now I'll proceed to play the rest of the game!

CAVEATS:

- Doing this introduces a 1/2 second input lag on the video picture. However for Deadly Premonition, its not THAT bad. The fact the combat is so easy now makes this less of a problem. I hate 2 things in gaming and they are low framerates and unresponsive controls/lag. In this case I'll switch to a direct connection if the lag gets that bad but enjoy the rest at high framerate.

- Hardware spec of the frame interpolating machine matters. I was able to get it up to 60fps but not 120fps, for instance. I'm trying to get my i7 3770K working with it to get better results but my capture device is making life hell.

This could be done with the Dual DVI-I outputs on a GPU and routing them to the PVR. You would use this adapter to pass the DVI-I analog signal

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DVI-I-to-RCA-Component-Display-Adapter-TV-HDTV-Projectors-Gold-Plated-Connectors-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/O-IAAOxyY3ZRkqTP/$T2eC16NHJIQE9qUHsE-jBRkqTPm1,Q~~60_12.JPG
post #189 of 197 Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 AM

Liked: 13
Most computer monitors usually have a input lag of in the 4-60ms range.
½ a second is 500ms.
That's just stupid. Looked at displaylag.com and the slowest TV they have has a 94ms input lag.

lagittaja@Overclock.net | Lagittaja@MuroBBS | Also Anandtech AVForums DIYAudio Head-Fi XDA-Developers e-Savuke ECF VFF VaporWall VapePit & etceteros
Main rig
post #190 of 197 Old 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM

He was being general.... He didn't measure it. it was just to give an idea.

Regardless my display will have very little... I have a view sonic projector that has negative input lag when measured on input lag test
post #191 of 197 Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member

So it shows the image before the GPU rendered it?
Right!
post #192 of 197 Old 06-25-2013, 04:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 663
It's cheaper easier to just get a better PC hardware. Better CPU or extra GPU

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #193 of 197 Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 AM

Liked: 15
Version 3.1.5 (07/15/2013)

Not a big difference with 3.1.4 just a bugfix release.
Quote:
+ Minor quality improvement - SVP switches to 13th SVP-shader on "bad" frames depending on scene quality detection parameters;
+ Added applications blacklist (see BlackListApps in "Hidden settings");
+ Added hotkeys for switching 3D stereo modes;
= Fixed incorrect active screen detection in XBMC;
= Fixed GPU processing slowdown for some non-standard frame sizes on AMD cards;
= Lots of small bugs fixed;
= "SVP Lite" package renamed to "SVP Core";
= Updated components: MPC-HC 1.6.8.7417, ffdShow rev.4515, Haali Media Splitter 1.13.138.14, ReClock 1.8.8.0, madVR 0.86.8, LAV Filters 0.58.1.

http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Download

Also this release hopefully will support that thing in the near future wink.gif
Mfusick likes this.
post #194 of 197 Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 AM

It took much longer than we expected but finally we've got a plugin (still in beta stage) to control ambient backlight hardware (like Lightpack mentioned in the previous post) -
SVPlight

I've no idea when someone could really buy Lightpack - find them on Facebook for details.
Also I saw Paintpack on eBay and on Facebook too.
Adalight and Ardulight should work via Prismatik app.
Mfusick likes this.
post #195 of 197 Old 11-26-2013, 07:04 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainik View Post

Version 3.1.5 (07/15/2013)

Not a big difference with 3.1.4 just a bugfix release.
http://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Download

Also this release hopefully will support that thing in the near future wink.gif
Finally got around to looking at the new version, is the blacklist an attempt to block the use of my 60FPS guide? I can just take it down if that's easier
post #196 of 197 Old 11-27-2013, 11:01 AM

I've no idea what 're you talking about o_O
The blacklist is for SVP Manager and your guide is not using it.
post #197 of 197 Old 11-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Liked: 10
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page