*Official* Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 262 Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In reading over the posts here I'm seeing several references to AMD/ATI graphics drivers as being an issue with PowerDVD 11...

A few days ago I installed the trial version of PowerDVD 11 and I've not been able to play a Blu-ray disc of any kind. My previous version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra works fine with Blu-ray discs, but I was interested in some of the secondary functions made possible by 11 Ultra. When I first installed it (PowerDVD 11), it detected that my monitor was not HDCP compliant, so I replaced the one I had with a new one that was HDCP-worthy. After doing that, I then got a prompt telling me that "This platform does not support the playback of Blu-ray". So I contacted Cyberlink and was asked for things like DxDiag.txt files and so forth. I was also told my ATI 2400XT graphics card needed a new driver, even though Cyberlink's own BD & 3D Advisor utility had scanned my system and gave everything a "pass". I've gone to AMD's website and have found that my graphics driver is indeed the latest available...

So I'm stumped and wonder if anyone else here has had this experience and if there is a solution to this problem. Piyush at Cyberlink doesn't seem flexible that it isn't on my end, even though Cyberlink's own diagnostic utility states that my system is otherwise fine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 262 Old 08-07-2011, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme3 View Post

In reading over the posts here I'm seeing several references to AMD/ATI graphics drivers as being an issue with PowerDVD 11...

A few days ago I installed the trial version of PowerDVD 11 and I've not been able to play a Blu-ray disc of any kind. My previous version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra works fine with Blu-ray discs, but I was interested in some of the secondary functions made possible by 11 Ultra. When I first installed it (PowerDVD 11), it detected that my monitor was not HDCP compliant, so I replaced the one I had with a new one that was HDCP-worthy. After doing that, I then got a prompt telling me that "This platform does not support the playback of Blu-ray". So I contacted Cyberlink and was asked for things like DxDiag.txt files and so forth. I was also told my ATI 2400XT graphics card needed a new driver, even though Cyberlink's own BD & 3D Advisor utility had scanned my system and gave everything a "pass". I've gone to AMD's website and have found that my graphics driver is indeed the latest available...

So I'm stumped and wonder if anyone else here has had this experience and if there is a solution to this problem. Piyush at Cyberlink doesn't seem flexible that it isn't on my end, even though Cyberlink's own diagnostic utility states that my system is otherwise fine...

I don't think the trial of pdvd 11 can play BD, you need Ultra. Try Corel's WinDVD 2010 it will allow BD playback and also let you by pass HDCP using VGA.
post #63 of 262 Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

I don't think the trial of pdvd 11 can play BD, you need Ultra. Try Corel's WinDVD 2010 it will allow BD playback and also let you by pass HDCP using VGA.

Thank you for the reply. You may well have a point about PowerDVD 11 as opposed to Ultra; I wasn't aware of that and Cyberlink hasn't mentioned it.

Concerning WinDVD, oddly enough, I downloaded the trial version of WinDVD 2010 yesterday and it doesn't play Blu-ray (at least on my system) either...
post #64 of 262 Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme3 View Post

Thank you for the reply. You may well have a point about PowerDVD 11 as opposed to Ultra; I wasn't aware of that and Cyberlink hasn't mentioned it.

Concerning WinDVD, oddly enough, I downloaded the trial version of WinDVD 2010 yesterday and it doesn't play Blu-ray (at least on my system) either...

Sorry I thought they allowed BD playback.

WinDVD 2010 - Download Free Trial
You will be downloading a 30-day, fully functional trial version of WinDVD 2010. Thank you for trying Corel software.

Please note that Blu-ray and PureHD upscaling features are not available in the trial until after purchase. If you have CorelĀ® Digital Studio 2010 installed on your computer, you will not be able to install this trial, as WinDVD 2010 is included in Corel Digital Studio 2010.
post #65 of 262 Old 08-08-2011, 07:00 PM

Hey, not a problem. I appreciate your suggestions.

As to the PowerDVD 11, I deleted the download and re-downloaded the software and the problem seems to have been solved. This stuff definitely has a mind of its own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post
Sorry I thought they allowed BD playback.

WinDVD 2010 - Download Free Trial
You will be downloading a 30-day, fully functional trial version of WinDVD 2010. Thank you for trying Corel software.

Please note that Blu-ray and PureHD upscaling features are not available in the trial until after purchase. If you have CorelĀ® Digital Studio 2010 installed on your computer, you will not be able to install this trial, as WinDVD 2010 is included in Corel Digital Studio 2010.
post #66 of 262 Old 09-03-2011, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
PowerDVD ultra 11 not bitstreaming lossless audio via ATI card with latest drivers for both. I have the old version of ultra 10, which works fine with lossless audio, once you choose it under the three options while the file is playing from hard drive. Ultra 11 only gives me two choices.

Anyone else found the same problem with ATI Card??
post #67 of 262 Old 09-04-2011, 10:25 PM

Liked: 12
new v.2024 patch came out a few days ago...
post #68 of 262 Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 PM

I'm testing the latest Pwdvd11 right now and it works really fine except for one thing:

That's when I want to play an original blu-ray and I can't go further.Now,I understand the DHCP chain but would someone be kind enough to explain me why,oh why, do I receive this message NOW and never before with :
-Powerdvd 7.3
-Powerdvd 9
-Windvd 10
-TMT3
-TMT5

Thank you.

PS: xp sp3,catalyst 11.8
post #69 of 262 Old 09-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Hollier than thou cybercrap...

I really admire the courage you had putting your money in their pocket...

they sound more like cyberscam to me...
post #70 of 262 Old 09-10-2011, 08:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantu1 View Post
new v.2024 patch came out a few days ago...
Does this new patch take care of the remote control issues, particularly the issue when bringing up the menu it is "behind" the video and no remote buttons work?
post #71 of 262 Old 09-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo585 View Post

Does this new patch take care of the remote control issues, particularly the issue when bringing up the menu it is "behind" the video and no remote buttons work?

It does EXCEPT when using it within 7MC, so really as far as I'm concerned it does not. There is a trick though if you want to bring up the menu. Click Pause or anything else that'll bring something up on the screen and then use the Menu key and it'll show.
post #72 of 262 Old 09-11-2011, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you have a harmony remote try the Info button and see what it brings up. I get the PowerDVD11 menu but I am also getting a menu that I think is coming from 7MC or media browser as I am playing PowerDVD from media browser running from 7MC.
post #73 of 262 Old 09-24-2011, 01:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
I'm running PowerDVD 9 and AnyDVD HD on a thinkpad with Win 7 x 64 with a P8800 Core 2. Playing the new Blue Ray of Star Wars IV A New Hope I got stuttering several times (10 -15) that I have not seen before. If I upgrade to the latest PowerDVD 11 build do you think it will cure the problem, or am I hardware limited? I have the ATI HD graphics (34x0 level) option.
post #74 of 262 Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

I'm running PowerDVD 9 and AnyDVD HD on a thinkpad with Win 7 x 64 with a P8800 Core 2. Playing the new Blue Ray of Star Wars IV A New Hope I got stuttering several times (10 -15) that I have not seen before. If I upgrade to the latest PowerDVD 11 build do you think it will cure the problem, or am I hardware limited? I have the ATI HD graphics (34x0 level) option.

do you have the latest PDVD9 patch? PDVD11 just got a patch to fix Star Wars playback...
post #75 of 262 Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantu1 View Post

do you have the latest PDVD9 patch? PDVD11 just got a patch to fix Star Wars playback...

Thanks,
I tried to force a patch check/install and it only found me an offer to upgrade to 11. I guess with the upgrade on top of the Star Wars Blu Ray price I still only will have paid the list price for the disks...
post #76 of 262 Old 10-05-2011, 08:35 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi guys,

I'm trying to decide between TMT 5 and PowerDVD 11. I've downloaded the trials for both and I'm currently leaning toward PowerDVD 11.

In any case, I have a couple of questions before pulling the trigger on a purchase:

1) How many PCs does the license cover? (with TMT 5 you can install it on two PCs)

2) Which remote is recommended for PowerDVD 11 - is Cyberlink's remote the best and where can I order it from in Canada?
post #77 of 262 Old 10-06-2011, 09:04 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

So I pulled the trigger on PowerDVD 11, uninstalled the trial version and installed and downloaded it plus the latest patch. However, I noticed a strange problem that I hadn't noticed with the trial (though I admit I was mostly paying attention to whether it could bitstream HD audio).

Basically, if I launch a blu-ray from either MediaBrowser or MyMovies within WMC the movie does not always start from the beginning. There are no settings I know of in WMC or either MyMovies or MediaBrowser related to this but PowerDVD 11 is configured to start from the beginning each time.

It's strange because it's not really an issue that movies resume from where I left off, some just seem to start playback from random places. Using TMT 5 I don't have this problem which is why I suspect its a Cyberlink WMC integration issue. Also, PowerDVD 11 outside of WMC does not exhibit the same issue.

Any ideas/suggested solutions?
post #78 of 262 Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVT View Post

So I pulled the trigger on PowerDVD 11, uninstalled the trial version and installed and downloaded it plus the latest patch. However, I noticed a strange problem that I hadn't noticed with the trial (though I admit I was mostly paying attention to whether it could bitstream HD audio).

Basically, if I launch a blu-ray from either MediaBrowser or MyMovies within WMC the movie does not always start from the beginning. There are no settings I know of in WMC or either MyMovies or MediaBrowser related to this but PowerDVD 11 is configured to start from the beginning each time.

It's strange because it's not really an issue that movies resume from where I left off, some just seem to start playback from random places. Using TMT 5 I don't have this problem which is why I suspect its a Cyberlink WMC integration issue. Also, PowerDVD 11 outside of WMC does not exhibit the same issue.

There's settings to control this. However, you need to play a movie in the stand alone player (not the plug-in) to get to them even though they do apply to the plug-in. Totally intuitive right?
post #79 of 262 Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

There's settings to control this. However, you need to play a movie in the stand alone player (not the plug-in) to get to them even though they do apply to the plug-in. Totally intuitive right?

What setting are you referring to? The only setting I see is the setting under auto resume setting under player in the classic view. Is there another setting that I'm missing?
post #80 of 262 Old 10-09-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So I purchased PDVD 11 Ultra and am having problems playing MKV files that are encoded as VC-1. None of the VC-1 MKV play and I get an error message from PDVD 11 that it cannot play this file.

What's wierd is that before I purchased it, I tried the demo they just released and the VC-1 files DO play on the demo, but not on the full retail version.

It's like it's missing the decoder for it or something. Now, I did upgrade from the HP bundled version 10, that came with my laptop(DV6-6135DX). So in order to install the upgrade I have to have version 10 installed first. I duuno if this is oart of the issue in that something isn't getting installed right via this method.

I dunno, but I cannot play VC-1 MKV files. Anyone know what the decoder file is that decodes VC-1 files, so I can check to see if it exists on my system?

Thanks.
post #81 of 262 Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I need a hand with folders.

I rip my DVDs to my hard drive when traveling (I don't carry a DVD drive) I rip the folder structure with CloneDVD2. In the past, I just opened the folder within my player and it would play the content as if a DVD. I can't figure out how to get PowerDVD 11 to do this. Help?
post #82 of 262 Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Will PowerDVD11 play an ISO rip of "the Warlords" mounted with VCD? I know that PowerDVD10 ultra will not but TMT5 will.
post #83 of 262 Old 10-10-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post

So I purchased PDVD 11 Ultra and am having problems playing MKV files that are encoded as VC-1. None of the VC-1 MKV play and I get an error message from PDVD 11 that it cannot play this file.

What's wierd is that before I purchased it, I tried the demo they just released and the VC-1 files DO play on the demo, but not on the full retail version.

It's like it's missing the decoder for it or something. Now, I did upgrade from the HP bundled version 10, that came with my laptop(DV6-6135DX). So in order to install the upgrade I have to have version 10 installed first. I duuno if this is oart of the issue in that something isn't getting installed right via this method.

I dunno, but I cannot play VC-1 MKV files. Anyone know what the decoder file is that decodes VC-1 files, so I can check to see if it exists on my system?

Thanks.

Chuck,can't you get rid of the pwdvd10 build ? Wasn't it just necessary to validate the upgrade? Awful,awful version that 10 Mark II !

PS:

tested this demo in 11.0.2114.53 (Latest).No problems at all (DXVA working).
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...demo_1080p.mkv
post #84 of 262 Old 10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post

Chuck,can't you get rid of the pwdvd10 build ? Wasn't it just necessary to validate the upgrade? Awful,awful version that 10 Mark II !

PS:

tested this demo in 11.0.2114.53 (Latest).No problems at all (DXVA working).
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...demo_1080p.mkv

I'll give that demo a shot tonight. Some of the ones I am using as a benchmark are Back to the Future 1, 2, 3. 1 and 2 do NOT play since they are VC-1, but 3 DOES play since it is AVC. Also, Children of Men is another I can think of that doesn't work(VC-1 as well). These are all rips using MakeMKV.

Version 10 is removed(as far as I can tell) before 11 is installed. I'm just thinking that maybe the de-install routine is leaving something behind that is screwing up the version 11 install.

It's just wierd that if I uninstall the full version and install the demo, the VC-1 based MKVs play fine.
post #85 of 262 Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 AM

Uninstall everything,delete folders,use ccleaner and jv16.Reboot.Repeat the cleansing operations.Dl the trial from Cyberlink's site and use the internal updater.
post #86 of 262 Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have the trial powerdvd 11. The reverse frame by frame function does not seem to work
post #87 of 262 Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So nobody has this issue? Is anyone running PowerDVD 11 with either MyMovies or MediaBrowser and not having this problem? If so, could you please share any WMC or PowerDVD 11 settings?
post #88 of 262 Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I launch PowerDVD 11 Ultra from mediabrowser and do not have the problem of a movie starting later than the beginning unless it is resuming a movie I have stopped.
post #89 of 262 Old 10-12-2011, 11:25 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post

I launch PowerDVD 11 Ultra from mediabrowser and do not have the problem of a movie starting later than the beginning unless it is resuming a movie I have stopped.

Thanks for the feedback,

What format are your movies in? Mine are blu-ray ISOs (just the movie - complete blu-ray ISOs play fine). Also, in the PowerDVD standalone version I have the options set to always start the movie from the beginning. In addition, I have autoplay in the control panel turned off to ensure that it's Windows Media Center that sends the play command.

Thanks and any additional feedback would be great.
post #90 of 262 Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback,

What format are your movies in? Mine are blu-ray ISOs (just the movie - complete blu-ray ISOs play fine). Also, in the PowerDVD standalone version I have the options set to always start the movie from the beginning. In addition, I have autoplay in the control panel turned off to ensure that it's Windows Media Center that sends the play command.

Thanks and any additional feedback would be great.

I had a similar configuration as yours and had the exact same problem. It seemed that if I stopped a movie at chapter 3 and started a new movie, that movie would then start at chapter 3. Alas, I never was able to fix this... Well, the only way I finally found was to buy TMT instead (and I'm trying now to setup everything with media browser and mpc-hc).
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page