EVT
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by _mulder View Post

I had a similar configuration as yours and had the exact same problem. It seemed that if I stopped a movie at chapter 3 and started a new movie, that movie would then start at chapter 3. Alas, I never was able to fix this... Well, the only way I finally found was to buy TMT instead (and I'm trying now to setup everything with media browser and mpc-hc).

That's unfortunate - for me anyway. I tried TMT 5 but I had a different, more substantial problem. With TMT 5 I have to toggle the audio decoding method to get HD audio bitstreaming each time I start a blu-ray. This affects movie only ISOs but that's virtually how all my collection is ripped. I hope you don't experience this problem with TMT 5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 261 Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did they ever fix this error? They broke it in PowerDVD 9 build 2528. Seems really silly not to just fix it.
post #93 of 261 Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post

Chuck,can't you get rid of the pwdvd10 build ? Wasn't it just necessary to validate the upgrade? Awful,awful version that 10 Mark II !

PS:

tested this demo in 11.0.2114.53 (Latest).No problems at all (DXVA working).
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...demo_1080p.mkv

What I have discovered is that this issue seems exclusive to the fact that I have the MKV on a LAN(Network) drive. I have all my MKV files stored on a NAS drive(a Western Digital My Book Live 2TB NAS). When I try to play any VC-1 file through the VIDEOS section of PowerDVD(aka my NAS drive), it will not play the VC-1 files and I get the error message I mentioned above. I see "Buffering" in the upper right then I get the message about not being able to play it.

However, if I copy the MKV file from the NAS drive to my internal harddrive(my C: drive) and play it from the COMPUTER section of PowerDVD, the VC-1 MKV files DOES play just fine. The issues seems to be playing from the NAS drive. This only happens with VC-1 files, all others work fine from the NAS.

Again, this does NOT occur in the demo version. I can play VC-1 files from my NAS drive.
post #94 of 261 Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 AM

I keep getting stuttering while watching blurays in PDVD 11; I thought it was just a bug in 11, but what I have found out is that cpu usage is going high when watching ripped ISO movies. When I watch the original disc it is fine. Any one else having this problem?
post #95 of 261 Old 10-27-2011, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Problem with PowerDVD 11 Ultra 3D.
My HTPC cannot play PowerDVD 11, it said "this program stops from operation, Windows must close this program and find a solution to solve this"
My OS is Vista Ultimate 64Bit.
Vista problem, or ??? H E L P !
post #96 of 261 Old 10-27-2011, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanrs View Post

Problem with PowerDVD 11 Ultra 3D.
My HTPC cannot play PowerDVD 11, it said "this program stops from operation, Windows must close this program and find a solution to solve this"
My OS is Vista Ultimate 64Bit.
Vista problem, or ??? H E L P !

Could be a bad dl try a new package.
post #97 of 261 Old 10-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Liked: 10
Hi guys!

I'm having a strange problem with PowerDVD11. I'm aware that Cinema mode and classic mode are actually 2 different programs. But I'm having differences between Cinema Mode from within 7MC and Cinema Mode directly by launching PowerDVD.

The problem is simple: When I use Cinema Mode directly by starting PowerDVD, I get an image, while from within 7MC I have a black screen! Now, it's working from PowerDVD directly because I changed the option to keep AERO enabled. But this option is not available from within 7MC.

From what I can understand, when I use PowerDVD in Cinema Mode with the Keep AERO Enabled option it must use another renderer that is working, while when in 7MC, it uses a renderer that doesn't work. Now, what can I do about it???

Anyone has an idea?
post #98 of 261 Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM

hi all i am trying either TMT and PowerDVD to see which to buy but I have had way better experience with PowerDVD
I was playing my ripped ISOs off my internal HDD and I got alot of stutters and poor PQ using TMT
I tried out PowerDVD 11 Ultra and had no problems with stutters or PQ

from this I might just get PowerDVD
but if anyone knows what could have caused this or if I have to adjust any type of settings to improve overall PQ or Sound let me know
I updated to latest drivers on my AMD 6850
post #99 of 261 Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I am using PowerDVD 11 Ultra. I get excellent results from .iso files and the best results for DVDs using hadware acceleration. I have never used TMT and from the long thread in this forum listing TMT problems I am not tempted to switch.

I did give up on AMD because of problems with catalyst and now have an Asus Nvidia GT 440 with 1 G DDR5.
post #100 of 261 Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 AM

I upgraded from Vista to W7 recently. With Vista I used 9 Ultra, but upgraded now till Ultra 11 to get 3D support.

I have some problems with Ultra 11 not remembering the audio output. It has gone back to PCM decoded by Power DVD. I've changed it and it has worked fine.

Today however, I'm not able to get anything other then PCM decoded by Power DVD. I can choose something else when the movie isn't playing, but as soon as the movie starts playing it goes back to PCM decoded by Power DVD and I can't change it while the movie is running.

I reinstalled Ultra 9 and downloaded a patch to see if it worked. But with my Ultra 9 I don't even have the option to choose anything other then PCM decoded by Power DVD now. I've never had that problem with Ultra 9 before.

What in the world is going on?
I'm running AnyDVD and it was upgraded today. Could that be the cause?

I have an ATI HD 6570 graphic card and a Marantz AV7005 surround processor. I'm using the latest driver for the graphic card.
Help, help!
post #101 of 261 Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Z0p

Quote:
Originally Posted by omholt View Post

I upgraded from Vista to W7 recently. With Vista I used 9 Ultra, but upgraded now till Ultra 11 to get 3D support.

I have some problems with Ultra 11 not remembering the audio output. It has gone back to PCM decoded by Power DVD. I've changed it and it has worked fine.

Today however, I'm not able to get anything other then PCM decoded by Power DVD. I can choose something else when the movie isn't playing, but as soon as the movie starts playing it goes back to PCM decoded by Power DVD and I can't change it while the movie is running.

I reinstalled Ultra 9 and downloaded a patch to see if it worked. But with my Ultra 9 I don't even have the option to choose anything other then PCM decoded by Power DVD now. I've never had that problem with Ultra 9 before.

What in the world is going on?
I'm running AnyDVD and it was upgraded today. Could that be the cause?

I have an ATI HD 6570 graphic card and a Marantz AV7005 surround processor. I'm using the latest driver for the graphic card.
Help, help!

I have had similar problems with audio with TMT5, but I think the actual problem is related to the AMD CCC drivers. I think most people use 11.4 for 3d, and that's the version I use. You may want to see if the realtek audio driver works for you as well.
post #102 of 261 Old 11-02-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0p View Post

I have had similar problems with audio with TMT5, but I think the actual problem is related to the AMD CCC drivers. I think most people use 11.4 for 3d, and that's the version I use. You may want to see if the realtek audio driver works for you as well.

It actually was solved by restarting the computer.......
Hopefully it will work ok from now on. If not I will dry another driver.

About the realtek driver. Is there any need to download those anymore, now that the graphic driver contains an audio driver as well?
post #103 of 261 Old 11-03-2011, 09:55 PM

so will 11 play blu-ray 3d in red/cyan mode?
post #104 of 261 Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 AM

i have bought the ultra verson to play my blue ray disks. but the software says i have no changes left!!!! my hardware says i have 5 changes left. I HAVENT CHANGED IT ONCE. cyberlink says it a fault with my hardware. False ans easy statement!! Is there anyway you know how i can fix this?
post #105 of 261 Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteroram View Post

i have bought the ultra verson to play my blue ray disks. but the software says i have no changes left!!!! my hardware says i have 5 changes left. I HAVENT CHANGED IT ONCE. cyberlink says it a fault with my hardware. False ans easy statement!! Is there anyway you know how i can fix this?

Get AnyDVD. It removes region code.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
post #106 of 261 Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by omholt View Post

It actually was solved by restarting the computer.......
Hopefully it will work ok from now on. If not I will dry another driver.

About the realtek driver. Is there any need to download those anymore, now that the graphic driver contains an audio driver as well?

I doubt there is any advantage in downloading realtek drivers. But if you must just go into device manager and delete all your audio drivers and let Windows 7 figure out what your need. Windows 7 will automatically replace your audio drivers and for me that has been the best solution.
post #107 of 261 Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I just updated my player so far everything seems to be working, and thankfully they put in a switch for the moovie live crap.
post #108 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM

I purchased Power DVD 11 on 10/15/11 for the express purpose of watching 3D movies on my new PC. I have a i72600K processor, 16 gig of ram and 2 x GTX590 video card in Quad SLi. Blue Ray,DVD, 2D to 3D conversion and 3D games play perfectly but Blue Ray 3D starts to stutter after a period of play. Video and sound stop for a moment and then going on. This occurred on Green Lantern (brand new) and Captain America (brand new). They are the only 3D movies I own. I have tried every possible setting in Nvida control panel and Power DVD settings but nothing makes any change. I am running the newest Nvidia Video driver 285.62 and have updated Power DVD 11 to v2211.53. I contacted Cyberlink support and went through a 6 email dance of sending information and test results.
My final communication with Cyberlink tech support and their reply was as follows:

Support Tickets
My Inquiry Information
Ticket ID: CS001074038
Related Product: PowerDVD
You have one reply from the CyberLink Customer Support Team, at 2011/10/31 15:02

Subject: CS001072113
2011/10/31 11:33

I have found there are site discussing stuttering in power dvd 10/11 and particularly in 3d play back. The only conclusion is you have known of a problem for a considerable length of time. According to these sites the problem occurs with both Nvidia and ATI video cards.
I answered all the question of your Tech Tracy but got no response other than to try the HD cable. She had receive a copy of my setup and should know that an HD cable will not plug in to an Nvidia card and that the graphics portion of a i7 2600K Intel processor will not support 120 resolution required for Nvidia 3d shutter glasses.

I need a fix or a refund. The out come is up to you!
Maurice Podder

Customer Support Response

2011/10/31 15:02

Dear Maurice,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern, I have escalated the issue to the R&D team for further analysis.

They are currently working on to analyze and find some solution to this issue.

I request you to wait for some days so that I can communicate with them and get the resolution to the issue.

Please be assured that I will definitely get back to you once I receive any resolution from them.

I really appreciate your patience and cooperation with me.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards,
Tracy
Cyberlink Technical Support

It is nice to know that Tracy sent my problem to R&D but what does that really mean when I go to play one of my 2 $30.00 3D movies?

Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated
Maurice
post #109 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
That's a standard canned response. Good luck.
post #110 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Maybe it's time for a class action suit! What do you think?

Maurice
post #111 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post

Maybe it's time for a class action suit! What do you think?

Maurice

Why? So we can all get $1.52 while the lawyer makes $30M and nothing changes with the software because they used the R&D money to pay for the lawsuit?

Unless someone died, a class action lawsuit is always a horrible idea. Even then, it's only a good idea for the lawyers trying the case, not for any of the principals involved.

You are still within your refund window so...
post #112 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Why? So we can all get $1.52 while the lawyer makes $30M and nothing changes with the software because they used the R&D money to pay for the lawsuit?

Unless someone died, a class action lawsuit is always a horrible idea. Even then, it's only a good idea for the lawyers trying the case, not for any of the principals involved.

You are still within your refund window so...

This is exactly right. There's no point. The better thing to do is find a better product that works for your needs.
post #113 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

This is exactly right. There's no point. The better thing to do is find a better product that works for your needs.

Or revert back to an earlier driver.
post #114 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

Well now you're just giving up. ROFLMAO! Drivers are always an issue. Find a set that work for you and stick with them as long as you can. For me it's not possible to stick with any set of drivers. I play games on both HTPC's so I need the latest unfortunately. But I learn to live with it.
post #115 of 261 Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

You're going to have to put a "y" on the end of your screenname if you're going to keep injecting logic into the conversation.

I wish I had a good excuse for not sticking with known working drivers. I guess I'm just masochistic.
post #116 of 261 Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post

I purchased Power DVD 11 on 10/15/11 for the express purpose of watching 3D movies on my new PC. I have a i72600K processor, 16 gig of ram and 2 x GTX590 video card in Quad SLi. Blue Ray,DVD, 2D to 3D conversion and 3D games play perfectly but Blue Ray 3D starts to stutter after a period of play. Video and sound stop for a moment and then going on. This occurred on Green Lantern (brand new) and Captain America (brand new). They are the only 3D movies I own. I have tried every possible setting in Nvida control panel and Power DVD settings but nothing makes any change. I am running the newest Nvidia Video driver 285.62 and have updated Power DVD 11 to v2211.53. I contacted Cyberlink support and went through a 6 email dance of sending information and test results.
My final communication with Cyberlink tech support and their reply was as follows:

Support Tickets
My Inquiry Information
•Ticket ID: CS001074038
•Related Product: PowerDVD
•You have one reply from the CyberLink Customer Support Team, at 2011/10/31 15:02

Subject: CS001072113
2011/10/31 11:33

I have found there are site discussing stuttering in power dvd 10/11 and particularly in 3d play back. The only conclusion is you have known of a problem for a considerable length of time. According to these sites the problem occurs with both Nvidia and ATI video cards.
I answered all the question of your Tech Tracy but got no response other than to try the HD cable. She had receive a copy of my setup and should know that an HD cable will not plug in to an Nvidia card and that the graphics portion of a i7 2600K Intel processor will not support 120 resolution required for Nvidia 3d shutter glasses.

I need a fix or a refund. The out come is up to you!
Maurice Podder

Customer Support Response

2011/10/31 15:02

Dear Maurice,

Thank you for writing back.

In regards to your concern, I have escalated the issue to the R&D team for further analysis.

They are currently working on to analyze and find some solution to this issue.

I request you to wait for some days so that I can communicate with them and get the resolution to the issue.

Please be assured that I will definitely get back to you once I receive any resolution from them.

I really appreciate your patience and cooperation with me.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards,
Tracy
Cyberlink Technical Support

It is nice to know that Tracy sent my problem to R&D but what does that really mean when I go to play one of my 2 $30.00 3D movies?

Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated
Maurice

Test out AnyDVD HD its the only way to deal with some of the BD issues.
post #117 of 261 Old 11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Well now you're just giving up. ROFLMAO! Drivers are always an issue. Find a set that work for you and stick with them as long as you can. For me it's not possible to stick with any set of drivers. I play games on both HTPC's so I need the latest unfortunately. But I learn to live with it.

Hey that's your fault for playing on two PC's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

You're going to have to put a "y" on the end of your screenname if you're going to keep injecting logic into the conversation.

I wish I had a good excuse for not sticking with known working drivers. I guess I'm just masochistic.

If I don't break my PC once a month I feel like something is wrong lol! I launched MC7 the other day on my main rig to watch some Taxi. It's probably the sixth time I've actually used it and it crashed during the stream but kept playing with the dialog saying needs to quit. I found a quick fix... I just closed it and never went back there lol! I never use it don't care for it, so who cares

You guys crack me up...

Happy Holidays:
Three Amigos
post #118 of 261 Old 11-19-2011, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

I just updated my player so far everything seems to be working, and thankfully they put in a switch for the moovie live crap.

Holy cow, are you serious? Is there really a switch to to turn off the moovie live crap?

Now if they just had a single audio option of "always bitstream the best available audio"... Those 2 were my main complaints from using the pdvd11 trial.

Bazinga!

post #119 of 261 Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthocar View Post

Holy cow, are you serious? Is there really a switch to to turn off the moovie live crap?

Now if they just had a single audio option of "always bitstream the best available audio"... Those 2 were my main complaints from using the pdvd11 trial.

I was just as surprised as you were somebody is finally listening no doubt.
post #120 of 261 Old 11-23-2011, 04:00 PM

Would've asked this in the PowerDVD Ultra 10 thread, but doesn't seem like much activity there any more. Just wondering if any one is still using 10 also? If so, is it equal to 11? I mean in terms of performance. The last time I used 10 it had issues playing ISO's and I had some problems getting it to play 3D with the "Automatic" setting. I'm wondering if any updates has fixed any of that.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page