*Official* Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 262 Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PowerDVD 11 Ultra Build 3318 does not appear to have Cinavia - I have played several 'infected' titles with no problems.smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 262 Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can I express my dissapointment my Cyberlink's service here?
I'm tired of automatic answers when an issue is raised. An answer that asks you question that you already have answered for the most part in the first inquiry.

I seriously hope someone else will come along with a player that has support for Blu-ray, 3D, is stable, has only the feature that people want and listens to the customers. Cyberlink sucks.
Unfortunaltely TMT doesn't meet the standards either.

Or is it time to buy a stand alone Blu-ray player?
post #243 of 262 Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
OK,
New question.

Anybody try loading and running V11 on Win 8. It is obviously not supported, but I wonder how it works.
post #244 of 262 Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
OK,
I'm going to re-ask. I'm considering upgrading to WIn 8 for storage spaces. I will not go to PowerDVD12 because of Cinavia - I know Win 8 isn't supported for P DVD 11, but somebody must have tried it. Any luck? Any problems?
post #245 of 262 Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Old question I know, but yes, PDVD 11 works in Win8. There is, however, a new issue that appears to have begun with a recent update to MS Security Essentials...I can no longer play any Blu rays with PDVD 11. This issue is being reported by others as well (cyberlink forums). Hoping for a fix, but not holding my breath.

Vizio M801D-A3

JimK

post #246 of 262 Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post

There is, however, a new issue that appears to have begun with a recent update to MS Security Essentials...I can no longer play any Blu rays with PDVD 11. This issue is being reported by others as well (cyberlink forums). Hoping for a fix, but not holding my breath.

I'm having the same issues w/PDVD. I opened a ticket w/Cyberlink. They have asked me to uninstall my Antivirus Program, uninstall PDVD, then re-install. Haven't had a chance to do it yet...

post #247 of 262 Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for help. Recently tried PDVD11 on my test system, works perfectly. Installed on my main system, keep getting "storage device not available". Tried everything even system restore. Just will not work with networked iso files. Both systems run Win7 64. ??????
post #248 of 262 Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM

As an update, I uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials, then uninstalled PDVD, cleaned out any traces in the registry, deleted lingering folders, ran CCleaner's registry cleaner, then reinstalled PDVD 11. Applied the update when prompted, and it did not fix the issue. I replied back to cyberlink, and now then are requesting a whole bunch of info including dxdiag file, screenshots, etc. to send to them for analysis. I'll post as I get more info.

post #249 of 262 Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post

Looking for help. Recently tried PDVD11 on my test system, works perfectly. Installed on my main system, keep getting "storage device not available". Tried everything even system restore. Just will not work with networked iso files. Both systems run Win7 64. ??????

No one has a solution for this? Thanks
post #250 of 262 Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Liked: 12
i think its something that Cyberlink did on their end. my install of PDVD11 started doing the same thing...
post #251 of 262 Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 AM
SVM

Need some help on how to display subtitles on Powerdvd 11, I rip the bluray using Clown BD to M2TS file (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25818

When I play this file in Powerdvd 11 how can I display subtitles? I can display them in VLC and TMT 5 player but have not figured a way to make this happen in PDVD. When I invoke menu using Right mouse click the PDVD subtitle option is greyed out.

Using PDVD I get DTS HD with 7 channel audio as original Bluray but some how I am not getting it through TMT 5 hence my choice with PDVD., of course like few others have indicated here my PDVD 11 does not work with any blurays.

Thx
post #252 of 262 Old 03-02-2013, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantu1 View Post

i think its something that Cyberlink did on their end. my install of PDVD11 started doing the same thing...

Like I posted above, I run two machines, both with Microsoft Security Essentials......one works perfectly, the other "can't access storage device, wait for playback to stop" . I can usually find my way out of any HTPC mess after 15 years of builds, but this has me stumped!!!

Has anyone solved this issue???
post #253 of 262 Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Out of the blue - can no longer play Bluerays.

I am getting the following error box:

Cyberlink powerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when Plyaback stops.

Next I am prompted with the region code dialog. Stating that I am playing for the first time a blueray and need to select a region. However, the remaining changes are to 0. I never changed the code..

What is going on?
post #254 of 262 Old 03-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropole View Post

Cyberlink powerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when Plyaback stops.

Next I am prompted with the region code dialog. Stating that I am playing for the first time a blueray and need to select a region. However, the remaining changes are to 0. I never changed the code..

What is going on?
I'm experiencing the exact same.
post #255 of 262 Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM

I have experienced the same problem. I had 1 computer not connected to the internet for more than 3 months and I just ran the program to test it. It was able to play everything I loaded into to it whether it was an iso loaded on a VCD or a 3D bluray disc inserted into the drive. As soon as I connected it to the internet the program failed. I did not download any Microsoft updates or anything. Apparently Cyberlink sent some kind of kill code to anyone who is using this software. I am now jumping thru hoops with Tech support. They want full screen snapshots of Activation page screen and the error screen along with a copy of the purchase receipt. This is not the way the should be treating their paying customers.
post #256 of 262 Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 PM

Add me to the list, same exact issue, I thought it was my video driver change or something else, out of nowhere I was unable to play anything....

I un-installed and re-installed and hit the activation limit. After a week of back and forth with screen shots I am finally able to re-install however I cannot get the latest 3318 update to install, it successfully un-installs 2604, attempts to install the update, fails with a dxver.dll error and leaves me with NOTHING installed, have to re-install and activate again, I will soon use up my activations again...
post #257 of 262 Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM

To give an update, rather than provide all the information that Cyberlink requested (as I don't really have time for it now), I opted to do another reinstall.

This time, I did a complete uninstall, then installed from the retail disc.
I first had to update to build 2024 (09/01/2011), then install build 2608 (03/07/2012), avoiding the on-screen update to 3318 which caused the problems.

Download link : http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

Everything back to normal, with the exception of playing newer Blurays like 'Skyfall'.

I'll get around to gathering all the info at a later date.

post #258 of 262 Old 03-16-2013, 05:17 PM

Thanks Wiley165,

that did the trick!
post #259 of 262 Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by omholt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropole View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespurgeon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by omholt View Post

Can I express my dissapointment my Cyberlink's service here?
I'm tired of automatic answers when an issue is raised. An answer that asks you question that you already have answered for the most part in the first inquiry.

I seriously hope someone else will come along with a player that has support for Blu-ray, 3D, is stable, has only the feature that people want and listens to the customers. Cyberlink sucks.
Unfortunaltely TMT doesn't meet the standards either.

Or is it time to buy a stand alone Blu-ray player?

OK,
New question.

Anybody try loading and running V11 on Win 8. It is obviously not supported, but I wonder how it works.

What is going on?

I'm experiencing the exact same.

On my main rig I have no antivirus running and never update PDVD/TMT but as of late I haven't been using it to watch the latest blu rays. I use my Panasonic DMP-300 there hasn't been an update for thing in ages and it still plays all the latest stuff. I never have to fuss with a SA it's just easier this way to pop in the disc and just watch the movie without having to futz around..

PDVD 11 works in W8 and 3D stereoscopic is also working pretty good, same with TMT 5. The sw players updates are always iffy. Another drawback to sw players is it's expensive to keep them up to date without breaking something in the process. SA players are so cheap these days it would be a sin if you didn't have one by now.
post #260 of 262 Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM

there is a new update out now that fixes the issue. Has anyone tried to play any cinavia protected discs? I know it was never an issue in previous builds of Powerdvd 11, but Powerdvd 12 has this.
post #261 of 262 Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 PM

Thanks for the "Heads-Up" on the update!

post #262 of 262 Old 11-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley165 View Post
To give an update, rather than provide all the information that Cyberlink requested (as I don't really have time for it now), I opted to do another reinstall.<br><br>
This time, I did a complete uninstall, then installed from the retail disc.<br>
I first had to update to build 2024 (09/01/2011), then install build 2608 (03/07/2012), avoiding the on-screen update to 3318 which caused the problems.<br><br>
Download link : <a class="bbcode_url" href="http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html" target="_blank">http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html</a><br><br>
Everything back to normal, with the exception of playing newer Blurays like 'Skyfall'.<br><br>
I'll get around to gathering all the info at a later date.
Hi all, this thread is a bit dated. I have powerdvd 11 ultra but no blue ray playback since moving from XP to Windows 8.1. Just did the latest patch from Cyberlink build 5012 and still no blue ray play back. Cyberlink claims it will play the latest blue ray movies. I can't play any of them.

I take it that we are dead in the water with this issue. Right?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page