File to test dts ma and dolby true hd? - AVS Forum
Home Theater Computers > File to test dts ma and dolby true hd?
Murilo's Avatar Murilo 09:09 AM 05-06-2011
Is there a file that can test if your player is actually outputting dts ma, and not just the core dts track when its doing the decoding?

Since my blu ray player is decoding, the avr just shows multi channel pcm but I have no idea if its decoding the full loseless track or just sending the core dts.

When I try to bitstream it, it just keeps sending the core dts track.

audit13's Avatar audit13 02:22 PM 05-06-2011
Is your blu-ray player a standalone or are you using a htpc?

I assume you're using a htpc and, in that case, people would need to know the hardware and software you are using for playback. At a minimum, you need an Ati or nVidia card that will bitstream.
assassin's Avatar assassin 03:29 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post

Is your blu-ray player a standalone or are you using a htpc?

I assume you're using a htpc and, in that case, people would need to know the hardware and software you are using for playback. At a minimum, you need an Ati or nVidia card that will bitstream.

Check my FAQ. There are links to sample files of all types there.
GatoEnFuego's Avatar GatoEnFuego 03:38 PM 05-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

Is there a file that can test if your player is actually outputting dts ma, and not just the core dts track when its doing the decoding?

Since my blu ray player is decoding, the avr just shows multi channel pcm but I have no idea if its decoding the full loseless track or just sending the core dts.

When I try to bitstream it, it just keeps sending the core dts track.

Check out this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1333373
renethx's Avatar renethx 07:12 PM 05-06-2011
If you have 7.1 speakers, it's pretty easy to see if your system is playing DTS core or DTS-HD: DTS core is up to 5.1 and DTS-HD is up to 7.1. Play Surround_DTS-HD_MA_7.1.mkv/m2ts/iso; if you don't hear sounds from the rear speakers, you are playing DTS core.

Murilo's Avatar Murilo 07:07 AM 05-07-2011
Ok thanks, it crossed my mind dts was only 5.1 but i forgot to look. Either way I managed to get bitstreaming working.
Guardian1's Avatar Guardian1 10:35 PM 12-28-2012
Hey All,
Been searching for the best way to test PC -> Onkyo 1010 Amp with Dolby True HD and DTS MA audio for my 7.1 theater setup.
I have gotten a few good lossless audio files, which sound amazing, and I can hear sound coming out of all the speakers, but I can't verify if it's really HD audio or just emulating through the speakers.

I found this older post which has some nice video/audio per speaker tests, but they are not hosted anymore. Any tips where I can DL these to try out?

I was expecting if the audio was DTS MA or DD True HD it would show on the Amp as such. I can see the speakers all lit up that they are enabled, and the DTS light is on, but on some sources I get the following:

Video 1:
Left side of amp:
DTS
Audessey Neo: X
Dynamic EQ
Center of amp:
NEO: X Cinema

Video 2:
Left side of amp:
PCM
Audessey
Dynamic EQ
Center of amp:
Multich

They both sound Awesome! smile.gif But with the money I put into this amp, I really want to make sure it's lighting up every speaker I have installed. There are threads back years, but it's hard to find what I am looking for. If someone could give me the "dummy" version of HDMI Audio for DTS-MA and DD True HD with some test samples to test when I change settings it would be great smile.gif
Thanks, G
renethx's Avatar renethx 11:42 PM 12-28-2012
Here.
Up
Mobile  Desktop