please recommend a prebuilt HTPC or small nettop footprint - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi avsforum peeps - I'm looking for suggestions to a prebuilt HTPC or nettop PC under $600 USD. I'm having a difficulty finding newer 2011 threads and reviews on these and would like some guidance if you're aware or have used something similar to what I am looking for.

I don't have any intention on building one as many threads here reply as such. Personal reasons and time limitations.

Basic requirements :

I am looking for something that I can connect to an HDTV and external monitor - mainly to stream/watch netflix+amazon Video on demand (full screen) and watch some of my digital media (multiple formats) via this, play music from and browse the internet. (no gaming)

1. 1080p HDMI support/playback
2. external monitor (VGA/DVI)
3. Wireless N support + Gigabit Ethernet
4. 5.1 channel or even 7.1 audio - hope that I can connect a microphone for webcam purposes.
5. Operating System : Windows 7
6. internal HDD/RAM - no particular amount required.
7. multiple USBs for external hard drive(s) connection, wireless keyboard, and webcam.
8. blu-ray drive (optional) - I think I have only seen this in the ASrock series.

I've looked into the Asrock IONs and Acer Revo series but was interested in looking for some other brands. It does appear that the WDTV or ROKU players feature web browsing support, and some of the HD flash playback has been buggy as with playing some file formats - unless mistaken with newer firmware updates.

Thanks for your feedback and time. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
There are people on here that will build you what you need at your price point. Take a look in the sticky threads.

post #3 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 08:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

There are people on here that will build you what you need at your price point. Take a look in the sticky threads.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post20407199

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 189
That's what I was talking about.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

That's what I was talking about.

$600 might get you a build. No software or OS though.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page