Hi avsforum peeps - I'm looking for suggestions to a prebuilt HTPC or nettop PC under $600 USD. I'm having a difficulty finding newer 2011 threads and reviews on these and would like some guidance if you're aware or have used something similar to what I am looking for.
I don't have any intention on building one as many threads here reply as such. Personal reasons and time limitations.
Basic requirements :
I am looking for something that I can connect to an HDTV and external monitor - mainly to stream/watch netflix+amazon Video on demand (full screen) and watch some of my digital media (multiple formats) via this, play music from and browse the internet. (no gaming)
1. 1080p HDMI support/playback
2. external monitor (VGA/DVI)
3. Wireless N support + Gigabit Ethernet
4. 5.1 channel or even 7.1 audio - hope that I can connect a microphone for webcam purposes.
5. Operating System : Windows 7
6. internal HDD/RAM - no particular amount required.
7. multiple USBs for external hard drive(s) connection, wireless keyboard, and webcam.
8. blu-ray drive (optional) - I think I have only seen this in the ASrock series.
I've looked into the Asrock IONs and Acer Revo series but was interested in looking for some other brands. It does appear that the WDTV or ROKU players feature web browsing support, and some of the HD flash playback has been buggy as with playing some file formats - unless mistaken with newer firmware updates.
Thanks for your feedback and time. Cheers.