Radeon HDMI for audio only? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-16-2011, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I've got myself a JVC DLA-RS 40, and want to use the 3D function. But my receiver Onkyo 876 doesn't support HDMI 1.4. So I use a DVI output to the projector, and the HDMI for sound. (Radeon HD 6570)

But the Catalyst Control finds of course 2 monitors, the JVC and the Onkyo. And I can only combine them to one large desktop, or disable the Onkyo, but then I disable the HDMI sound output too. I only want the JVC desktop to work with.

Is there any way I can disable the Onkyo desktop, and keep the HDMI sound output?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-16-2011, 02:54 AM

No, there isn't. HDMI can't transfer sound without picture. What you can do is either clone the screen (both devices should show up 1080p resolution, so cloning should be viable) or use other means of transferring audio signal, e.g. SPDIF, but then you'll lose high definition audio. Another option is to use an extended desktop, but put your player software in fullscreen just on TV. As far as I know, all players should be able to do that.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post

Another option is to use an extended desktop, but put your player software in fullscreen just on TV. As far as I know, all players should be able to do that.

I second this, I have tried it and it works.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-26-2011, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

HELP!

I have somehow disabled my DVI out so I get no picture on my projector. If I turn off my receiver on the HDMI cable the picture comes back. Can I somehow reset the desktop settings, because I can't enable the DVI out when I can't see the desktop? I have tried uninstall/install CCC, but that didn't help.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

HELP!

I have somehow disabled my DVI out so I get no picture on my projector. If I turn off my receiver on the HDMI cable the picture comes back. Can I somehow reset the desktop settings, because I can't enable the DVI out when I can't see the desktop? I have tried uninstall/install CCC, but that didn't help.

When you can see the desktop via HDMI, open CCC, and then duplicate the display. Or, click load defaults. Sometimes it messes things up, you can try windows desktop management also in this case.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Make a profile in CCC and assign a hotkey to activate it. If you lose picture when turning on the receiver you should get it back when activating the profile you made by pressing the hotkey.

Regards,
Audun
post #7 of 9 Old 05-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Thor,

What version of the CCC driver do you have installed? I have a 6850 and have HDMI audio issues with my Samsung LN40B750. Did the default settings trick work for you?
post #8 of 9 Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Hi,

I've got myself a JVC DLA-RS 40, and want to use the 3D function. But my receiver Onkyo 876 doesn't support HDMI 1.4. So I use a DVI output to the projector, and the HDMI for sound. (Radeon HD 6570)

But the Catalyst Control finds of course 2 monitors, the JVC and the Onkyo. And I can only combine them to one large desktop, or disable the Onkyo, but then I disable the HDMI sound output too. I only want the JVC desktop to work with.

Is there any way I can disable the Onkyo desktop, and keep the HDMI sound output?

Thanks.

Use extend mode.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #9 of 9 Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj-barton View Post

Thor,

What version of the CCC driver do you have installed? I have a 6850 and have HDMI audio issues with my Samsung LN40B750. Did the default settings trick work for you?

Thanks guys.

I have the newest version of CCC. The default didn't work, so I reinstalled the PC. I have wanted to do that for a while now, so now was a good time to do it.

But I can not use 24p, the video freezes for a split second once or twice a minute. The audio is unaffected. Both when video and audio goes through the receiver, and video direct to the projector. 60 Hz have no problem. Any thoughts on that?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page