post #4591 of 4795 Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs51762 View Post

I was about to do that a couple of nights ago, when I found that my line amplifier got knocked out by lightning. Charter didn't have any replacements at the local office yesterday, so they're sending a tech out this Saturday with one. Actually, I wish they would bump up the signal level further up the line so I wouldn't have to. Without my amplifier, I'm getting signals as low as -20 dB.

Mike

If your signal is -20dBmV before any splits, then you need to get the signal coming into your home fixed. If that's just due to splitting, then yes, your amp should resolve.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4795 Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WideNine View Post

I would say -20 is beyond help...as in force the tech to figure out what the heck is going on at the box.

Well, the Charter tech came out Saturday and checked all my cables and connections and found that the signals are actually in the low single digits. He even hooked up his meter to the cable going into the Ceton cable adapter. The signal looked good. He showed me the readings on the meter. So now I'm thinking it's my InfiniTV card that's fruity. Even with the amplifier and the Ceton diagnostic software showing good signal and signal/noise levels, there are still tuning problems.

Mike

Mike Fields
post #4593 of 4795 Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I often wonder how accurate the Ceton's reporting of Signal Strength and Signal Quality is? I am running about +6 DB with an SNR of mid-35-ish and doing pretty well finally. Comcast has been laying lots of new fiber and while I don't know if they have reach the last mile, or even my block with the new fiber, the last 30 days have had the least amount of pixelation I have seen in the couple years of ownership. I do use a drop amp and the only split it the one time for the cable modem.

I don't why it is working so much better now. Is it the new cable they are laying around the area or is is that new GPU. I am 30 days into owning a NVidia GT 650Ti Boost SC. My tuner temps went up with the GPU but are about 62.5 C. now. In any case there has been no change in the report dBs or SNR for a long time. The last time I did a firmware upgrade things went backwards so either the GPU is decreasing latency somewhere or the new cabling is making a difference. I am also recently using JRiver and that was not the most reliable way compared to WMC. I have not run WMC is a couple of weeks at least. I do know WMC worked much better with this GPU than it did with the onboard iGPU.

Just another blank signature.
post #4594 of 4795 Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just a reminder Guys keep an eye on your unit's heat...

When they get hot... stuff starts messin' up.

My TV4 USB, I Hot Glued a 120mm Fan to it.

My TV6 ETV will prolly just be mounted on top of my case in the Airflow path of my Radiator fans.

Skate Zilla
-----------
Skate Zilla HD Studios - VA Beach, VA
post #4595 of 4795 Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post

Just a reminder Guys keep an eye on your unit's heat...

When they get hot... stuff starts messin' up.

My TV4 USB, I Hot Glued a 120mm Fan to it.

My TV6 ETV will prolly just be mounted on top of my case in the Airflow path of my Radiator fans.

Yep, I have a fan blowing directly on my card. Thanks.

Mike

Mike Fields
post #4596 of 4795 Old 07-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Putting it on a Cheapo Laptop stand works too,

I have an old Flat MSI 2 Fan Laptop Cooling stand, mounted to the wall, with my router and switch mounted to it. Keeps them nice and cool.

Skate Zilla
-----------
Skate Zilla HD Studios - VA Beach, VA
post #4597 of 4795 Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Hello again,

Having similar problems as I had before. Constant blue blinking light but I can't resolve it this time.

I have tried swapping cables, changing PCI-e slots, and reset the settings in the Diagnostics application more times than I would like to mention. I have re-installed the drivers w/ and without network.

The last time I resolved this problem was putting this card into another computer. I tried that and then moved it back but it didn't work on the other computer either.

This card was working before I started doing some hardware swapping. I changed out the video card and also I swapped the infinitv to a different slot as well.
post #4598 of 4795 Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbam View Post

Hello again,

Having similar problems as I had before. Constant blue blinking light but I can't resolve it this time.

Blue Blinking LED:
http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/40/19/blue-blinking-led
post #4599 of 4795 Old 07-27-2013, 09:45 AM

Greetings.

I wanted to share my experience of setting up Network Tuners. Maybe this will help someone who's having the same problems.

A few basics:

Ceton info
Driver Package Version: 13.6.3.1088
InfiniTV PCIe Driver Version: 1.0.2.4
InfiniTV Firmware Version: 13.5.6.132
InfiniTV Hardware Version: 6210

Others
Realtek 8198 GigE NIC (onboard ASRock P67 Extreme6)
installed latest driver from Realtek

My first attempt involved using the latest installer from Ceton so I could get the Network Tuners option. I also updated to the latest beta firmware, cuz who doesn't love the bleeding edge wink.gif I ran the Network Tuners setup from WMC, but when it finished and I was taken to "TV Signal Setup," WMC said no tuners were found. This seems to be a common problem. Research led me to http://www.missingremote.com/guide/ceton-infinitv-network-tuner-wizard-access-infinitv-tuners-multiple-pcs and several other posts. One problem seemed to be that the MAC Bridge Miniport had a 169.254.x.x. IP address. This was probably because I disabled the DHCP server on my router. I prefer to manage the IPs on my LAN.

I reset the Ceton network settings (using the Diag Tool; works fine from within WMC, too) to get back to a clean slate. I took the following steps to assign static IPs:

Went into Ceton web interface (192.168.200.1) and changed the network settings (System tab)
  • Unchecked DHCP Server
  • Entered Static IP Address (192.168.1.61)
  • Left Netmask at 255.255.255.0

Went into the Network and Sharing Center | Change Adapter Settings
  • Changed the Properties of the Ceton InfiniTV Network Device, assigning it a static IP (192.168.1.62), Netmask of 255.255.255.0, Gateway of my router (192.168.1.1) and the normal DNS servers I use
  • Selected both the Ceton InfiniTV Network Device and the Realtek NIC, right-clicked and bridge devices.
  • The resulting MAC Bridge Miniport was assigned a 169.254.x.x IP; I changed it to 192.168.1.60, Netmask of 255.255.255.0, Gateway of my router (192.168.1.1) and the normal DNS servers I use; remember, this is now your PC's NIC as the LAN sees it. So, e.g., if you want to VNC into it, use the new static IP (e.g., 192.168.1.60)

One very important thing I failed to do, and which probably would have saved me a lot of grief, was to double-check the "Ceton InfiniTV Network Device #2" configuration.

NB: at some point I got a new Ceton device (i.e., #2). Yours may still be called "Ceton InfiniTV Network Device"

When I first created the bridge using the Network Tuners setup, I checked the Ceton device, and Bridging Support was set to YES. I failed to re-check it, as the manually created bridge with static IPs was fully functional (PC had Internet access, and was accessible over VNC), and the TV Signal Setup in WMC finally worked. The new, #2, device did not have Bridging Support enabled. So it's definitely worth checking the Ceton device configuration before and after creating the bridge.

Before I set Bridging Support to YES, I could not tune any channels in WMC. The Ceton Diagnostics Tool reported that everything was fine, and I could manually tune to any existing channel. But not in WMC. As soon as I enabled Bridging Support and rebooted, I had Live TV cool.gif

I should note that I also followed the steps here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302348 to force both NICs into promiscuous mode. This must be done after the bridge is created, as the netsh bridge show adapter command won't otherwise return anything. I did this prior to setting Bridging Support to YES, but it probably doesn't matter when you do it. Also, you may not need to do it. I figured it couldn't hurt.

So in the end, it was fairly simple to set up, if I'd known the proper steps and potential workarounds. If you're having the problems of WMC's TV Signal Setup not finding any tuners, or if you can't tune to any channels in WMC after setting up a seemingly working bridge, maybe this will help.

If anything's not clear, I'll try to explain more clearly.

Cheers.
post #4600 of 4795 Old 08-01-2013, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have finally restored some stability to my system. The first thing I did was to leave my HTPC on all the time. Instead of the tuner locking up, WMC was crashing about every other day. Based on advice in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1387035/wmc7-crashing-during-av-input-change

I started making sure that I stopped the Live TV before turning off the receiver. I have gone a whole week without problems. Next, I will re-introduce sleeping the HTPC to see if this is the root cause of my problems.

Descartes' corollary: I don't think very much, therefore I may not be.

post #4601 of 4795 Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Not stopping livetv causes problems because some hdtv's turned off stop sending the hdcp, so windows flakes out and cant play streams.

I tried this trick on pin 19 of hdmi plug to stop windows from seeing the tv isnt there, but windows stops seeing the tv, so I just set the harmony to stop play before shutting down the tv.
post #4602 of 4795 Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
You can use the MCE standby tool to automatically turn off Media center (ehome) when suspending your system and restart it automatically on resume, or course you can set MCE to automatically restart as well, but MCE standby tool will do it immediately on resume, window will delay stating it by a few minutes, but you need to be win 7 to use MCE standby tool.
http://slicksolutions.eu/

this has been my setup for almost two years.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
post #4603 of 4795 Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

You can use the MCE standby tool to automatically turn off Media center (ehome) when suspending your system and restart it automatically on resume, or course you can set MCE to automatically restart as well, but MCE standby tool will do it immediately on resume, window will delay stating it by a few minutes, but you need to be win 7 to use MCE standby tool.
http://slicksolutions.eu/

this has been my setup for almost two years.
I use this too, and love it, with one exception. I have my machine set to turn on at 1am every day to update guide listings and whatnot. First of all, my Guide does not update (I still need to do it manually once a week or so), but that's more of a MC issue I think than anything else. Keeping on topic, my computer does not go back to sleep after this event; I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. In every other instance, it wakes and sleeps as I have MST set to do, yet every single morning I come down to find the computer still on. Anyone have any ideas on this? Especially fellow MST users? I'm on Win7 x64, nothing else crazy or unusual about my system or setup.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C. Clarke
post #4604 of 4795 Old 08-08-2013, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese831 View Post

I use this too, and love it, with one exception. I have my machine set to turn on at 1am every day to update guide listings and whatnot. First of all, my Guide does not update (I still need to do it manually once a week or so), but that's more of a MC issue I think than anything else. Keeping on topic, my computer does not go back to sleep after this event; I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. In every other instance, it wakes and sleeps as I have MST set to do, yet every single morning I come down to find the computer still on. Anyone have any ideas on this? Especially fellow MST users? I'm on Win7 x64, nothing else crazy or unusual about my system or setup.

For the most part my PC's sleep when not in use, I have it set to reboot them daily, which usually happens between 12am and 1:30 am, from time to time I’ve noticed around 6am it will come on but I have to assume it’s MCE updating the guide, or maybe the optimization, I’m not sure, but the PC's will go back to sleep a after a few minutes. I’ve never have to manually update the guides are either of my HTPC's..

Too bad there hasn’t been any development on the product since the days of Vista, I’m sure win 8 would benefit, and adding a time sync feature to the gui would be great as well, would be easer than setting up a task.

post #4605 of 4795 Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Personally, I use a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus on my HTPC to eliminate any HDCP issues. It sits between the HTPC and the display/AVR and feeds it the display's EDID/HDCP info even when the display/AVR is off. In my case, I have it between the HTPC and the AVR.
post #4606 of 4795 Old 08-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:

For the most part my PC's sleep when not in use, I have it set to reboot them daily, which usually happens between 12am and 1:30 am, from time to time I’ve noticed around 6am it will come on but I have to assume it’s MCE updating the guide, or maybe the optimization, I’m not sure, but the PC's will go back to sleep a after a few minutes. I’ve never have to manually update the guides are either of my HTPC's..

Too bad there hasn’t been any development on the product since the days of Vista, I’m sure win 8 would benefit, and adding a time sync feature to the gui would be great as well, would be easer than setting up a task.

Agreed on the lack of further WMC development. There are certain irritations that have never been fixed. It would be nice to be able to record the live TV buffer, for example.

But I have to leave my PC on all the time. Every time I reboot and go back into WMC, I get an error message. It's been so long wink.gif that I can't remember whether the message is "Update PlayReady" or "Weak Signal," but the bottom line is that I have to physically slide the InfiniTV4 out of its slot, wait 30 seconds, put it back in, and then switch to a new channel. Then (but only then) everything's cool. So I try to reboot as little as I can -- I do Windows Updates only every other month to minimize this hassle.
post #4607 of 4795 Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeA View Post

Agreed on the lack of further WMC development. There are certain irritations that have never been fixed. It would be nice to be able to record the live TV buffer, for example.

But I have to leave my PC on all the time. Every time I reboot and go back into WMC, I get an error message. It's been so long wink.gif that I can't remember whether the message is "Update PlayReady" or "Weak Signal," but the bottom line is that I have to physically slide the InfiniTV4 out of its slot, wait 30 seconds, put it back in, and then switch to a new channel. Then (but only then) everything's cool. So I try to reboot as little as I can -- I do Windows Updates only every other month to minimize this hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartMan01 View Post

Personally, I use a Gefen HDMI Detective Plus on my HTPC to eliminate any HDCP issues. It sits between the HTPC and the display/AVR and feeds it the display's EDID/HDCP info even when the display/AVR is off. In my case, I have it between the HTPC and the AVR.

I wonder if the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus will solve my issue with my Denon, HTPC connected to AVR, connected to TV, when I'm already watching TV, and then turn on my avr, it's all good, but when I turn off the denon, half the time I have to reboot the PC, I get the driver error in media center, doesn't happen all the time.

I was referring to development on the MCE standby tool, but we all would agree, that MS needs to realize now, MCE has a real use with the cable card tuners, while I haven't and have no intention of upgrading to windows 8 in the near future, but maybe with it now being a paid app, they might throw some resources at it.

post #4608 of 4795 Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Time for you to upgrade to the infinitv 6 ETH.

post #4609 of 4795 Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

I wonder if the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus will solve my issue with my Denon, HTPC connected to AVR, connected to TV, when I'm already watching TV, and then turn on my avr, it's all good, but when I turn off the denon, half the time I have to reboot the PC, I get the driver error in media center, doesn't happen all the time.

I can say with about 95% confidence that it will fix your problem. I have a Marantz (same mfg as Denon) and it fixed it for me.

I tried *everything* to get it to work and finally have in and gave Gefen my $$. No problems at all anymore.

xnappo
post #4610 of 4795 Old 08-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have a Denon 3311CI and it has no issues what so ever. I just keep it in standby mode and it is able to produce video/audio just fine each and every time I turn on my system to watch TV.

My Gear
post #4611 of 4795 Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys7505 View Post

I have a Denon 3311CI and it has no issues what so ever. I just keep it in standby mode and it is able to produce video/audio just fine each and every time I turn on my system to watch TV.

there's no issue when turning on the TV, HTPC, and AVR on at the same time, and then turning them off all at the same, but I don't use the AVR unless watching movies or listening to music, and it usually happens when turning off the AVR, and leaving everything else running, TV, and HTPC. I have the 2113CI.

Rebooting hasn't really been a big deal, but resolving this last item would really make my current setup perfect.

post #4612 of 4795 Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

there's no issue when turning on the TV, HTPC, and AVR on at the same time, and then turning them off all at the same, but I don't use the AVR unless watching movies or listening to music, and it usually happens when turning off the AVR, and leaving everything else running, TV, and HTPC. I have the 2113CI.

Rebooting hasn't really been a big deal, but resolving this last item would really make my current setup perfect.

Right, when i turn off my system, my HTPC is still running - it doesn't sleep or hibernate. Everything else is "off" - TV, AVR, AMPs, etc....just that my AVR is on "standby" so when I turn everything back on again, I have no handshake issues.

Toys

My Gear
post #4613 of 4795 Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:

Time for you to upgrade to the infinitv 6 ETH.

Huh, interesting. Does the 6 ETH solve these issues? (Whoops, I put it wrong up above, sorry. redface.gif I'll try to be more accurate: It's the CableCARD that I have to slide out and back into the PCIe InfiniTV4 slot every time that the PC reboots and we relaunch WMC. That's nowhere near as bad as having to pull the Ceton out, of course, but still a hassle.)

Does anybody else have this problem with the InfiniTV4?
post #4614 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Huh, interesting. Does the 6 ETH solve these issues? (Whoops, I put it wrong up above, sorry. redface.gif I'll try to be more accurate: It's the CableCARD that I have to slide out and back into the PCIe InfiniTV4 slot every time that the PC reboots and we relaunch WMC. That's nowhere near as bad as having to pull the Ceton out, of course, but still a hassle.)

Does anybody else have this problem with the InfiniTV4?

Could it be a bad CableCARD? I guess it's not a pairing issue, or you wouldn't have TV at all. I suppose you've tried the obvious, like uninstalling/reinstalling all things Ceton, upgrading to the latest firmware, trying a different PCIe slot, etc. It's a strange problem.
post #4615 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 AM

I thought I'd share my latest experience, as it might help someone down the line.

I became utterly disgusted with Comcast's DVR, esp. after they ruined the perfectly fine Scientific-Atlanta 8300HD by forcing the inferior Motorola-style software on it. What is one to do but build a new HTPC wink.gif When I picked up my CableCARD and started setting up WMC for Live TV, I was offered EIGHT tuners! I thought maybe I'd gotten Ceton's Frankenstein's Monster InfiniTV 4 escaped from the lab eek.gif But no, I sussed that this new WMC was seeing my existing networked InfiniTV 4. *sigh* I went into manual set up mode in WMC and chose what I thought were the four correct tuners. I thought I'd determined this by looking at the device ID in the Ceton Diagnostic Tool. Long story short, the networked InfiniTV 4 is listed first in the Diag Tool, and the new, local device is not immediately visible. It has to be accessed via the pull-down menu.

D'oh!!!

So on my first attempt to pair the new cards, I gave Comcast the Host ID and CableCARD ID for my other HTPC, which they paired with the new CableCARD's serial number. Oh, the pairing went REALLY fast. Instant TV! Yeah, not so much. Fortunately, I realized my mistake when I looked at the device ID of the InfiniTV 4 in the older HTPC and compared it to the tuners I'd selected in the new WMC. The networked InfiniTV 4 is the only one listed in its own, local Diag Tool, as the new one isn't shared. It took a couple more calls to Comcast to get the pairings sorted out, and the older HTPC was not affected. I did clear and re-discover the tuners on the new HTPC using the Diag Tool, and finally re-ran the WMC setup.

So just a tale of caution, should you find yourself in a similar situation. I've no idea if Ceton has this in their FAQ, but I reckon I'll mention it to them.

Cheers.
post #4616 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 AM

I just installed a InfiniTV 4 and activated with RCN in Chicago but I can only access two tuners. For example if I am recording two shows and try to tune a channel I get the "All TV tuners are currently in use." All four are listed in Settings>TV Signal>Digital Tuner Diagnostics and Ceton Diagnostics lists all WMDRM Pairing as Green. Any ideas?
post #4617 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I just installed a InfiniTV 4 and activated with RCN in Chicago but I can only access two tuners. For example if I am recording two shows and try to tune a channel I get the "All TV tuners are currently in use." All four are listed in Settings>TV Signal>Digital Tuner Diagnostics and Ceton Diagnostics lists all WMDRM Pairing as Green. Any ideas?
Just out of curiosity, what do you get presented to you after the final command from the following sequence of three commands (performed in an elevated/administrator command prompt window):

(1) taskkill /im ehrecvr.exe /f

(2) net start ehrecvr

(3) %systemroot%\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /ocurdiscovery /ex

This is the command sequence I have to perform after terminating a VPN connection (to access customer mainframes) on the same machine which is my HTPC. Something about the VPN lockdown of outside IP connectivity for security reasons does not come back to 100% original state after terminating VPN, and WMC cannot access any of the Ceton tuners. Prior to being provided this command sequence my only workaround to reactivating the Ceton tuners after using/terminating a VPN connection was to re-boot my HTPC, which obviously was an extreme annoyance.

The above command sequence was provided by Ceton support as something for me to try to overcome my issue, and sure enough it works!! For me the final command resulted in the following:

C:\Users\Darryl Sperber>%systemroot%\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /ocurdiscovery /ex
Discovered known device 'Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-0a-75) Tuner 1 (00-00-22-00-00-80-0a-75)'
Discovered known device 'Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-0a-75) Tuner 3 (00-00-22-00-00-80-0a-75)'
Discovered known device 'Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-0a-75) Tuner 2 (00-00-22-00-00-80-0a-75)'
Discovered known device 'Ceton InfiniTV PCIe (00-80-0a-75) Tuner 4 (00-00-22-00-00-80-0a-75)'

And of course that identifies the four Ceton tuners. From that point forward WMC can once again get to them, and my live/recording TV experience once again works fine on all four tuners. And I no longer have to re-boot in order to recover WMC and the four Ceton tuners following the termination of a VPN connection.

Do you get all four tuners identified when you do that /ocurdiscovery? Can WMC now see them and use them, or still not??
post #4618 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThurstonX View Post

Could it be a bad CableCARD? I guess it's not a pairing issue, or you wouldn't have TV at all. I suppose you've tried the obvious, like uninstalling/reinstalling all things Ceton, upgrading to the latest firmware, trying a different PCIe slot, etc. It's a strange problem.

You got it, I've tried all sort of things, but no dice yet. It's probably not the CableCARD because we had to replace the original one soon after getting the InfiniTV, and that one did the same thing. Ditto for the firmware and PCIe slots -- nothing seems to make a difference.

Anyway, it's not a crippling problem, just something that adds an extra step or two to the process whenever we have to reboot the machine. I'll be happy if that's the worst problem we ever run into again with the WMC+Ceton combo.

Thanks!
post #4619 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Thanks, I tried those commands and got the same "Discovered known device" message for all four as you have listed but still no dice. WMC does see all four but still only uses two. There is nothing exotic about my htpc setup, the only other device on my network is a Synology DS213.

btw, this is a fresh install of Win 7 x64, with SP1 and all updates but do I have to install any WMC updates manually, i.e. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4817? The Ceton firmware/software is all current and their diagnostics tool does not seem to report anything unusual, but I am new to it and don't know what I should look for.

The pvr I returned to RCN only had two tuners, is the cable co able to limit the number of tuners per m-card?
post #4620 of 4795 Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
FCC requires they support a minimum of 4 streams (or more if they offer a stb that does more) Some older firmware on the card or in the tuning adapter (if RCN requires one) may limit it to 2 but they should update automatically. What brand of cablecard (and Tuning adapter if you have one) do you have and what firmware is on it. What do the logs state when trying to tune that third channel?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page