On the off chance, has anyone ever figured out a way to fix the PlayReady Update problem? I've just set up Network Tuners using a couple of TP-Link AV500 powerline adapters. That was the easy part, bridging the unused Ethernet port on the host PC, creating a separate LAN (10.0.0.0/24 vs. the Internet-connected 192.168.1.0/24 LAN), and setting the client's NIC to the 10... LAN. I can watch copy free channels no problem (I get the HDCP error, but changing the window size fixes that easily enough), but I cannot watch copy-protected channels (HBO, et al.). Everytime I tune to one, I'm prompted to update PlayReady, but it fails every time. I've gone through so many cockamamie procedures (from various forums, including one at Microsoft), and finally reinstalled Win7 (from scratch), and did Ceton's less-than-accurate version of the ones I'd tried before. No dice.
The host PC has no problems with premium channels. The one weird thing I discovered on the client PC was that by running Update PlayReady from within WMC, leaving that screen open (where it asks if you want to retry it after it's failed countless times), disabling the NIC used for network tuners, and finally retrying the update actually gets an "Update succeeded" message in WMC. If I reenable the NIC and try to tune to a premium channel (having never closed WMC), I get the "No tuners available/all tuners busy" message. Restarting WMC just gets me back to the, YOU MUST UPDATE PLAYREADY, SILLY PEASANT!
When I have time, I'm going to try to redo the network tuners bridge using the wifi NICs on the host and client PCs. I doubt that will help, but it's just a matter of finding a couple hours to waste in the attempt. I'd even be willing to pull the InfiniTV 4 from the host, install it in the client, and see if PlayReady is ready to play nice.
At least network tuners work, and the host PC (far more important) was not affected. If anyone has any better options, I'm game. For the record, I've tried all these:
and all the alternatives mentioned in those threads.