Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
before i got me Ceton my PC had a static ip address. now that i have the Ceton installed my nic and the Ceton are bridged together and the bridge is set up for DHCP.
i was trying to set up the bridge to be a static IP because my router seems to be handing out different IP's to the host PC and its really screwing with the ports i have forwarded on my router.
I was able to set up the Ceton with a static IP and can access the web page with no problems but if i change the windows network bridge to a static address everything goes off the network... anyone have any ideas how to set this up???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi1508 View Post

before i got me Ceton my PC had a static ip address. now that i have the Ceton installed my nic and the Ceton are bridged together and the bridge is set up for DHCP.
i was trying to set up the bridge to be a static IP because my router seems to be handing out different IP's to the host PC and its really screwing with the ports i have forwarded on my router.
I was able to set up the Ceton with a static IP and can access the web page with no problems but if i change the windows network bridge to a static address everything goes off the network... anyone have any ideas how to set this up???

Well it looks like i found the answer to my own question! hope this comes in handy for someone else...link

"Static IP address settings reset during InfiniTV Network Tuners Wizard setup
Posted on 09 May 2011 07:32 AM

When performing InfiniTV Network Tuners Wizard setup on a host PC any InfiniTVs will be bridged with the selected network card. When this happens you will lose network connectivity and a new network interface, Network Bridge, is created with the default (DHCP) network settings.

If you had previously setup a static IP address for your network connection the IP address settings will not be applied to the Network Bridge interface. If you want to use a static IP address you will need to manually apply the network settings to the Network Bridge interface listed under Network Connections.

You will want to set the same static IP address on both the infiniTV and the bridge.

To setup the static IP on the infiniTV you would need to open WMC and run through the Network Tuners application. Click on "Ceton infiniTV network tuners" tile in WMC and select "yes", now select "Setup InfiniTVs" and click "next", select "No, let me configure manually" and click "next", select the network card and click "next", now you can select "Use the following (Static) IP Address" and click "next", now click "yes", select your firewall and click "next", now you can select the tuners your using and finally click "next" and finish the process.

To setup the static IP on the bridge you will need to open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. Now right click the "Network Bridge" and select "properties", in the list titled "This connection uses the following items:" select "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the "properties" button, you can now enter the static IP address you chose to use with both the infiniTV and the bridge here."
post #813 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Damn, I had thought that that little slot fan I had purchased would be enough to keep temps down, but after having had the PC on for a few hours for gaming and then trying to watch TV, it turns out that it's not cooling enough (was hitting 70c).

Guess I'll need to figure out some other solution. It's really too bad Ceton just didn't design a fan on the card itself. I know they were going for low profile, but I mean, is there anyone that hasn't needed to add a fan to keep temperatures below 65?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #814 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Damn, I had thought that that little slot fan I had purchased would be enough to keep temps down, but after having had the PC on for a few hours for gaming and then trying to watch TV, it turns out that it's not cooling enough (was hitting 70c).

Guess I'll need to figure out some other solution. It's really too bad Ceton just didn't design a fan on the card itself. I know they were going for low profile, but I mean, is there anyone that hasn't needed to add a fan to keep temperatures below 65?

Though I've used a fan in both my HTPC and server while hosting the Ceton I didn't need it to keep the temp below 65C but it does keep it below 50C. My HTPC would only get up into the 50's and the server would get into the 60's. Right the room my server is in ambient temp is around 85F the Ceton tuners are sitting at mid/low 40's w/ a slim 70mm fan blowing over it and my RAID controllers.

I didn't think a slot fan would help much, aside from having adequate air changes in the case to remove enough heat that's generated it's also very important to not have stagnant air around the Ceton(or anything else that makes a lot of heat), a small fan blowing onto the tuners on the Ceton will do a much better job than a slot fan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #815 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 04:34 PM

I saw a recent review post on Newegg that the Ceton Infini4 doesn’t work on a Sandy Bridge Z68 MB, at least not the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD and that Ceton is aware of the issue. Does it anyone know if this pertains to any Z68 MB? Does anyone else have experience on this. I have accumulated everything including the Gigabyte Z68 MB and i3-2100 etc. except a tuner but was leaning toward the Ceton over the HDHomerun.

Also, I have seen posts that the Ceton won’t pass the HDMI through an Onkyo receiver via the i3 HD2000 chipset/driver and that one user had to get a video card to bypass the i3 video. I have an Integra (Onkyo) receiver so another potential issue?

thanks in advance
post #816 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 05:41 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckensto View Post

I saw a recent review post on Newegg that the Ceton Infini4 doesn't work on a Sandy Bridge Z68 MB, at least not the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD and that Ceton is aware of the issue. Does it anyone know if this pertains to any Z68 MB? Does anyone else have experience on this. I have accumulated everything including the Gigabyte Z68 MB and i3-2100 etc. except a tuner but was leaning toward the Ceton over the HDHomerun.

Also, I have seen posts that the Ceton won't pass the HDMI through an Onkyo receiver via the i3 HD2000 chipset/driver and that one user had to get a video card to bypass the i3 video. I have an Integra (Onkyo) receiver so another potential issue?

thanks in advance

I have the Asrock Pro3-m Z68/i3 2105 with Ceton card and it works. I'll have to see what they're talking about but I don't see why it wouldn't work on the gigabyte. It's possible there was a IRQ conflict with the Ceton like others on here were talking about but that's workable.

The HDMI through AVR is curious though because I have a Denon and have had some irritating sound problems. It does work but with the intel chipset there's some sort of incompatibility with my Denon and after researching quite a bit I found others with some of the latest Intel chipsets having the same problem. A firmware update is supposed to fix it, but my model has to go to a repair shop to get the update. The problem is inaudible volume when playing back certain sound files esp. youtube and other online video. I have to manually change modes on the avr to get audio, it doesn't even matter what mode just something different then whatever it's on.

I do get glitchy live tv on the Ceton, but I don't think it's the Ceton. If something is going on in the background or even something as simple as surfing websites the sound will glitch for a half second while the ssd is working. It's annoying, definitely looking for a fix for that.
post #817 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I saw a recent review post on Newegg that the Ceton Infini4 doesn't work on a Sandy Bridge Z68 MB, at least not the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD and that Ceton is aware of the issue. Does it anyone know if this pertains to any Z68 MB? Does anyone else have experience on this. I have accumulated everything including the Gigabyte Z68 MB and i3-2100 etc. except a tuner but was leaning toward the Ceton over the HDHomerun.

Also, I have seen posts that the Ceton won't pass the HDMI through an Onkyo receiver via the i3 HD2000 chipset/driver and that one user had to get a video card to bypass the i3 video. I have an Integra (Onkyo) receiver so another potential issue?

thanks in advance

I am a proud Ceton owner and OC'ing the Asus P8Z68-V PRO and i5 2500K. Also, I'm sending native HDMI stream from the i5 HD3000 to my Integra Pre/Pro too.
post #818 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:

This would have nothing to do with the Ceton card, but would be some sort of incompatibility between the receiver and the video chipset on the motherboard. The Ceton card is just the tuner - the video decoding is taken care of by a combination of Windows Media Center, whatever codecs are installed, and the video chipset (either onboard or a discrete card).
post #819 of 4811 Old 08-25-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

This would have nothing to do with the Ceton card, but would be some sort of incompatibility between the receiver and the video chipset on the motherboard. The Ceton card is just the tuner - the video decoding is taken care of by a combination of Windows Media Center, whatever codecs are installed, and the video chipset (either onboard or a discrete card).

Right. Different issue, not Ceton.
post #820 of 4811 Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I have two intel media seris boards one an i3 first gen, the other an i3 Sandy Bridge. Ran them awhile with my Denon AVRs don't recall any issues. Now run them with Nvidia GT 545 work fine.

Sandy Bridge to AVR-591
First Gen i3 to AVR 2112ci

I have the Ceton Hosted in the First Gen with two tuners dedicated to the Host, the other two shared. Works very well.

I had been considering moving the Ceton to a WHS2011 box. I am not so sure about that. WHS2011 seems to have too many surprises so far. Been messing around with that box for a week and rebuilt it twice already. Most of the problems have come from having a 3 TB drive in there still, there are some easy corners to paint your self inot so I may just have one more box for the Ceton alone. I actually hate having the Ceton in my main HTPC. I don't want to run the main HTPC 24 hours a day, so the Ceton needs to be somewhere else.

Just another blank signature.
post #821 of 4811 Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

I have two intel media seris boards one an i3 first gen, the other an i3 Sandy Bridge. Ran them awhile with my Denon AVRs don't recall any issues. Now run them with Nvidia GT 545 work fine.

Sandy Bridge to AVR-591
First Gen i3 to AVR 2112ci

I have the Ceton Hosted in the First Gen with two tuners dedicated to the Host, the other two shared. Works very well.

I had been considering moving the Ceton to a WHS2011 box. I am not so sure about that. WHS2011 seems to have too many surprises so far. Been messing around with that box for a week and rebuilt it twice already. Most of the problems have come from having a 3 TB drive in there still, there are some easy corners to paint your self inot so I may just have one more box for the Ceton alone. I actually hate having the Ceton in my main HTPC. I don't want to run the main HTPC 24 hours a day, so the Ceton needs to be somewhere else.

I've been noticing few folks using Ceton with the WHS2011 box here.

I don't have my system up 24X7, I schedule all the recording I want and it will wake up from stand by, record and fall back to sleep. It has been doing that w/o problems for months now.
post #822 of 4811 Old 08-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkc View Post
I don't have my system up 24X7, I schedule all the recording I want and it will wake up from stand by, record and fall back to sleep. It has been doing that w/o problems for months now.
What? Do tell. If you're just using a local tuner or an extender though, that's not as interesting.
post #823 of 4811 Old 08-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post
I don't want to run the main HTPC 24 hours a day, so the Ceton needs to be somewhere else.
Yes, WHS 2011 is a good bet. I would also recommend the Lights-out add-on, it might be able to prevent you from having to run the WHS server 24/7. It can put the server to sleep according to a schedule or various conditions, but it will also measure network utilization and prevent the server from going to sleep (and thus breaking your NETWORK shared tuner config) while's you're streaming.

This can all be done easily on a Win7 HTPC if you know how to write scripts (fortunately I do). Ceton needs to get off their * and add support for network tuners and sleep mode at both the server and client.
post #824 of 4811 Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 AM

hey guys I got the Ceton card to work for a day then suddenly it started saying "Display driver error: the video playback device does not support playback of protected content." I am running this on a radeon 6970 which is hdcp compliant to 3 asus 24" monitors via 2 of them with DVI and 1 with display port cables. Have the latest radeon drivers. CPU is a AMD Phenom II 965 Black. any suggestions or help?
post #825 of 4811 Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
I get that too sometimes. Search the thread for that msg, there's a fix a few pages back. I don't always get that issue, but I should probably fix it anyway so I don't have to lose all my recordings in the future. You can also go out of full screen and it will start playing, in my case and others as well. But that's annoying to have to do.
post #826 of 4811 Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 PM

is anyone using the Antec MicroFusion case? I put my Ceton in it today, but the cablecard wouldn't fit because there is a lip that hangs down anout 1-2mm from the top of the case obscuring the cablecard slot
post #827 of 4811 Old 08-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender17 View Post
is anyone using the Antec MicroFusion case? I put my Ceton in it today, but the cablecard wouldn't fit because there is a lip that hangs down anout 1-2mm from the top of the case obscuring the cablecard slot
Had the same issue with my nMedia case. Used a Dremel to cut a slot in it so the cablecard would fit.
post #828 of 4811 Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Lol figured it out and fixed it. I just moved the screen to the monitor on the display port and it works. Move it to the ones on the DVI cables and it wont. Think if your on the display port or HDMI it will be fine. Dont know why the DVI cables wont carry it right. Thought they were HDCP compliant too.
post #829 of 4811 Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM

if you replace the motherboard your ceton card is in, do you have to call the cable company and pair the card again, etc or just drop it in the new system?
post #830 of 4811 Old 08-28-2011, 07:57 PM

If you replace the motherboard you shoudn't need to call the cableco again. At least I didn't need to do that with Verizon when I replaced mine. You might still need to jump through some hoops to make PlayReady/DRM happy though.
post #831 of 4811 Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromain View Post

If you replace the motherboard you shoudn't need to call the cableco again. At least I didn't need to do that with Verizon when I replaced mine. You might still need to jump through some hoops to make PlayReady/DRM happy though.

You will almost certainly have to reload Windows if you change the motherboard, or it will not install playready.
post #832 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

You will almost certainly have to reload Windows if you change the motherboard, or it will not install playready.

And I don't hink you will be able to play any previously made recordings, unless they're flagged "Copy Freely".
post #833 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender17 View Post

if you replace the motherboard your ceton card is in, do you have to call the cable company and pair the card again, etc or just drop it in the new system?

The cable card is paired with the tuner. So long as you keep the cable card and tuner together, you can do anything to Windows or the hardware (e.g., move to a different machine) and not have to involve the cable company.
post #834 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrox View Post

It is possible to reinstall playready without reinstalling Windows after swapping out motherboards. It involves unloading Media Center, deleting a few folders, deleting a DRM key in the registry, reloading Media Center, then running through the playready setup but I have done it before successfully. It's a much quicker process than reinstalling Windows.
post #835 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 AM

any recommendations on how to convert recordings to DRM free files via capture card or some other method?
post #836 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:

...Also, I have seen posts that the Ceton won't pass the HDMI through an Onkyo receiver via the i3 HD2000 chipset/driver and that one user had to get a video card to bypass the i3 video. I have an Integra (Onkyo) receiver so another potential issue?

thanks in advance

I ran into a problem with HDMI out from a i3-2000 based HTPC into a Onkyo TX-NR5800 Receiver, which in turn feeds HDMI video into my plasma display. All components involved are HDCP compliant but I got an error message from WMC that the display (in this case the Onkyo) was not HDCP compliant and as a result WMC would not pass video from the Ceton.

The fix-which I would have never discovered without the help of AVS members -was to run a long (15 ft) HDMI cable between the HTPC and Onkyo receiver. This did generate a new problem as when I turn the PC and receiver on, WMC almost always displays an improper horizontal stretch. However, if I simply turn the receiver off then on again the HDMI handshake renegotiates and the video is displayed properly. I have the Onkyo on/off power buttons programmed in to my Harmony remote so it's not a big deal-just a minor irritant which I'll take versus no TV video to the display at all.

I hope this helps.
post #837 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by elockett View Post

I ran into a problem with HDMI out from a i3-2000 based HTPC into a Onkyo TX-NR5800 Receiver, which in turn feeds HDMI video into my plasma display. All components involved are HDCP compliant but I got an error message from WMC that the display (in this case the Onkyo) was not HDCP compliant and as a result WMC would not pass video from the Ceton.

The fix-which I would have never discovered without the help of AVS members -was to run a long (15 ft) HDMI cable between the HTPC and Onkyo receiver. This did generate a new problem as when I turn the PC and receiver on, WMC almost always displays an improper horizontal stretch. However, if I simply turn the receiver off then on again the HDMI handshake renegotiates and the video is displayed properly. I have the Onkyo on/off power buttons programmed in to my Harmony remote so it's not a big deal-just a minor irritant which I'll take versus no TV video to the display at all.

I hope this helps.

I have a similar issue with my HTPC connected to an Onkyo AVR and then a Panny plasma. Sometimes when turning everything on my WMC will be in a postage stamp format (black bars on all four sides). My solution was to to send a "Show Desktop" command and then the "Start Media Center" a couple seconds later. This shows the desktop which fixes the resolution and then brings back WMC. Showing the desktop doesn't kill WMC so it is rather harmless.

I have my commands set in the WMC startup activity on my remote and also mapped a softkey on my remote that sends the Show Desktop + Start WMC command in case that doesn't work. It also comes in handy to put things back into a known state.

post #838 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 02:42 PM

What are the 4 Ceton InfiniTV dlna streams broadcasting on my local network? I found these 4 streams in my LG SmartTv in another room and got excited for a second thinking maybe I could stream from the Ceton over dlna. When I put the tv on one of the dlna inputs though it makes the tv reboot, power off and back on by itself.
post #839 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by crkpot View Post

What are the 4 Ceton InfiniTV dlna streams broadcasting on my local network? I found these 4 streams in my LG SmartTv in another room and got excited for a second thinking maybe I could stream from the Ceton over dlna. When I put the tv on one of the dlna inputs though it makes the tv reboot, power off and back on by itself.

It's not DLNA. OCUR tuners use DRI (Digital Receiver Interface) which is a UPNP implementation similar to DLNA. Unless your TV supports DRI (none do unless they have built in CableCard support), you cannot use it to control the Ceton.
post #840 of 4811 Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromain View Post

It is possible to reinstall playready without reinstalling Windows after swapping out motherboards. It involves unloading Media Center, deleting a few folders, deleting a DRM key in the registry, reloading Media Center, then running through the playready setup but I have done it before successfully. It's a much quicker process than reinstalling Windows.

Do you mind share with us the exact step-by-step procedure?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page