Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread - Page 83 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #2461 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkole View Post

Any solution to your problem yet? What MB and processor do you have?

Not as of yet. Ceton has requested additional diagnosis..
I am using a z68-pro3M motherboard GSkill Ram i52500K

In search of video bliss...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiedread View Post

Noticeable improvement in signal strength and a bump in SNR. Hopefully it will clear up some of the 'pixelation' problems I've been having. Tuner still crashes, haven't really gotten hurt though - lost House but it replayed on USA and picked up... good for WAF. I don't know the best way to troubleshoot the crashing - Windows Event View->CetonCorp is completely empty. The media center, if recording, will show an error. Haven't run the full blown Ceton Diag Tool, probably upgrade to latest firmware.

Thanks for all the help.

No problem - I think now if you use the beta firmware you will be very happy.

xnappo
post #2463 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

Do you have a MoCA filter installed? On some FiOS installations, it is necessary. Also, have you opened a support ticket with us?

No mocha filter. I have the Ethernet setup. I will return it to the store and wait for your other product to hit the market. I reinstalled the old ATI and will keep that for the time being.
Thx
Lee
post #2464 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaco View Post

No mocha filter. I have the Ethernet setup. I will return it to the store and wait for your other product to hit the market. I reinstalled the old ATI and will keep that for the time being.
Thx
Lee

I would recommend you start off by getting a MoCA filter. Do you have any FiOS STBs? or the coax connected to the actiontec router?

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
post #2465 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:

I would recommend you start off by getting a MoCA filter. Do you have any FiOS STBs? or the coax connected to the actiontec router?

Yes 3 stbs 1 DVR
post #2466 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes 3 stbs 1 DVR

They will still send out MoCA beacons even though you are using Ethernet for internet. Please install a MoCA filter on the InfiniTV.

post #2467 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Liked: 153
You need the Low Pass Filter. If you call Verizon and tell them you have bad reception on several channels, they will send out a tech. Inform the tech that you need a low pass filter (LPF) and install it on the line running into your Ceton Tuner. Tell the tech it is a known issue and this is the fix. Do not tell the people on the phone anything like this because it completely confuses them. When a phone operator gets confused, you end up with messed up billing.

Trust me, you need it. I have Verizon FiOS and the LPF fixed my issues.
post #2468 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 08:26 PM

Thx I already hooked up my ATI back to my PC. No problems . I took the Ceton back. I will look into the new products after the bugs are ironed out.
BTW I have no low pass filter with the ATI. It may only have one tuner, but its rock solid.
Thx for all your help
Lee
post #2469 of 4910 Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thx I already hooked up my ATI back to my PC. No problems . I took the Ceton back. I will look into the new products after the bugs are ironed out.
BTW I have no low pass filter with the ATI. It may only have one tuner, but its rock solid.
Thx for all your help
Lee

The ATI tuner, like many older devices, only tune to 860MHz, so this is not an issue. Because the Ceton InfiniTV tunes to 1GHz, which is much closer to the MoCA band, it can experience an issue like the one that you experienced. This is not a "bug", as you put it.

With all due respect, if you do experience an issue with a future product, ours or another companies, please open a support ticket before you are ready to return it - if you don't give us as a company an opportunity to resolve a problem, that does no one a service.

post #2470 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

The ATI tuner, like many older devices, only tune to 860MHz, so this is not an issue. Because the Ceton InfiniTV tunes to 1GHz, which is much closer to the MoCA band, it can experience an issue like the one that you experienced. This is not a "bug", as you put it.

With all due respect, if you do experience an issue with a future product, ours or another companies, please open a support ticket before you are ready to return it - if you don't give us as a company an opportunity to resolve a problem, that does no one a service.

I think MOCA can also be disabled.
  1. login into verizion router http:192.168.1.1
  2. Click My Network on top
  3. Click on Network Connections in the left
  4. Click on Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax)
  5. Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax) page opens up.
  6. Click on "Disable"
  7. Click on "Apply"
post #2471 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 05:47 AM

Liked: 16
I hope this isn't too off topic, but do any of you guys have a mix of Ceton products? For example, one InfiniTV USB and one internal InfiniTV 4, which brings your tuners to 8.

I was wondering if WMC7 simply sees this as 8 tuners and goes about its usual business and if not, does WMC7 use the internal tuners before using the USB tuners?
post #2472 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:

"Give us as a company an opportunity to resolve a problem"

Speaking of...Its been almost a year.....any eta?

http://experts.windows.com/frms/wind.../t/100923.aspx
post #2473 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdfw View Post

Speaking of...Its been alomost a year.....any eta?

I have to agree here.. I just started using the infinitv 4 and love it. This issue however is really bugging me. I will be opening up a ticket with ceton, but seeing how old these complaints are,I wont be holding my breath.
post #2474 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer12 View Post

I have to agree here.. I just started using the infinitv 4 and love it. This issue however is really bugging me. I will be opening up a ticket with ceton, but seeing how old these complaints are,I wont be holding my breath.

Interestingly I am not seeing this issue on TWC in Austin. Everything except locals is protected. I would definitely notice it as this kind of thing drives me nuts.

xnappo
post #2475 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:

You might want to consider including a LPF in the box. Likewise, you should probably add heatsinks and a fan.

Granted the majority of folks buying one of these know how to deal with heat or MoCA issues, but if you do want to make your product more of a turnkey solution you should include these things.

Think about it. Do you think folks who plug the card in and get 70+ temperatures have heatsinks and fans lying around? Ditto for the LPF.
post #2476 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM

Liked: 153
Quote:

You guys used to have the need for a LPF posted very clearly and easily seen on your site. It is no longer there (or I can no longer find it). I would suggest putting it back, that way people researching the tuner would see it and know it is needed.
post #2477 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewsgrp View Post

I think MOCA can also be disabled.
  1. login into verizion router http:192.168.1.1
  2. Click My Network on top
  3. Click on Network Connections in the left
  4. Click on Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax)
  5. Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax) page opens up.
  6. Click on "Disable"
  7. Click on "Apply"

The STBs will still send MoCA beacons out though, and as far as I know, end-users cannot disable them.

post #2478 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM

Hi I recently got the ceton infinitv 4 usb and I've installed everything correctly and synced it with my xbox 360. I'm streaming the live tv to my xbox and it is very laggy and the performance stinks.

I have a netgear N600 router and both my computer and xbox are hardwired via ethernet cables to it.

I'm splitting my cable signal to my Comcast box, my modem and my ceton device.

Can anyone please let me know of suggestions to improve the preformance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #2479 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencjm View Post

Hi I recently got the ceton infinitv 4 usb and I've installed everything correctly and synced it with my xbox 360. I'm streaming the live tv to my xbox and it is very laggy and the performance stinks.

I have a netgear N600 router and both my computer and xbox are hardwired via ethernet cables to it.

I'm splitting my cable signal to my Comcast box, my modem and my ceton device.

Can anyone please let me know of suggestions to improve the preformance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SOHO Routers are slow Ethernet switches in general and your is only a 10/100 capable switch. Get yourself a good 1gbit Ethernet switch and some CAT6 cables.

Does your HTPC have a 1gbit network card? Do you have more than one XBOX360? Have you disabled your HTPC NIC's low power settings?
post #2480 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappend View Post

SOHO Routers are slow Ethernet switches in general and your is only a 10/100 capable switch. Get yourself a good 1gbit Ethernet switch and some CAT6 cables.

Does your HTPC have a 1gbit network card? Do you have more than one XBOX360? Have you disabled your HTPC NIC's low power settings?

I haven't done any of the things you just said. I'm not sure what information you would need on the xbox 360, but I can get it. How do I disable my HTPC NIC's lower power settings?

What switch would you recommend?
post #2481 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer12 View Post

I have this same issue. Comcast subscriber in a previous Time Warner area here.
post #2482 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:

I haven't done any of the things you just said. I'm not sure what information you would need on the xbox 360, but I can get it. How do I disable my HTPC NIC's lower power settings?

What switch would you recommend?

I use the 8 port and 5 port version of this switch:
http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Unman...3480081&sr=8-1

I have the 5 port in my living room. The Xbox 360 slim, HTPC with Ceton card, TV, and Bluray player occupy 4 ports with the 5th going back to my office's 8 port. It runs my office PC, WHS, Xbox 360, and couple of legacy WiFi access points.

I have a 5Ghz WiFi router that is 100Mbps. The cable modem goes into the WAN side of it. One of its LAN prots go to the 8 port gigabit switch. Since my cable is ~30Mbps, there is no bottleneck. In theory, the N devices could send 300Mbps, but I have found that is highly unlikely to be consistent.
post #2483 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM

[
I have the 5 port in my living room. The Xbox 360 slim, HTPC with Ceton card, TV, and Bluray player occupy 4 ports with the 5th going back to my office's 8 port. It runs my office PC, WHS, Xbox 360, and couple of legacy WiFi access points.

I have a 5Ghz WiFi router that is 100Mbps. The cable modem goes into the WAN side of it. One of its LAN prots go to the 8 port gigabit switch. Since my cable is ~30Mbps, there is no bottleneck. In theory, the N devices could send 300Mbps, but I have found that is highly unlikely to be consistent.[/quote]

Thank you for your help. Would my NIC card in my computer be a bottleneck or the NIC card in the xbox? I also have the 360 slim.
post #2484 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:

[

I have a 5Ghz WiFi router that is 100Mbps. The cable modem goes into the WAN side of it. One of its LAN prots go to the 8 port gigabit switch. Since my cable is ~30Mbps, there is no bottleneck. In theory, the N devices could send 300Mbps, but I have found that is highly unlikely to be consistent.

Thank you for your help. Would my NIC card in my computer be a bottleneck or the NIC card in the xbox? I also have the 360 slim.[/quote]

I think both the slim and fat are 100mbit.
post #2485 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM

Ummmm I did open a ticket. I did get help from the company. My problem was NOT resolved. I am not bashing you or the company. Product did NOT work as described.If I needed to jump thru hoops to make it work I would not have purchased the product.
As for a the "Bug" comment. It is as there was no disclaimer in the packaging about VZ fios/ Moca or low pass filters.
So with all do respect, I am not offended. I did what was asked and I decided to "pull the plug" before the return policy expired. If it turned out "NOT" to be a low pass /MOCA issue. I would have been screwed out of $200
Again ,I mean this,Thanks for your help. I'll wait until the newer products come out
Cheers
Lee
post #2486 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdfw View Post

Speaking of...Its been almost a year.....any eta?

I don't see this particular issue any longer. I don't know if Ceton did something in the newest firmware or if time warner changed something.

I do notice other types of pixelation nothing like what I used to see.
post #2487 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

Does anyone on here use the ceton with the fairly new xbmc/vlc/psuedo tv setup? How is it?

I tested it with xbmc on my laptop and it worked. The processor and video card in my laptop are pretty crappy so it wasn't usable. It pegged the CPU.

I never could get the guide to work.

It's not for me, however, as I watch a lot of copy protected programming.
post #2488 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:12 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:

Ummmm I did open a ticket. I did get help from the company. My problem was NOT resolved. I am not bashing you or the company. Product did NOT work as described.If I needed to jump thru hoops to make it work I would not have purchased the product.
As for a the "Bug" comment. It is as there was no disclaimer in the packaging about VZ fios/ Moca or low pass filters.
So with all do respect, I am not offended. I did what was asked and I decided to "pull the plug" before the return policy expired. If it turned out "NOT" to be a low pass /MOCA issue. I would have been screwed out of $200
Again ,I mean this,Thanks for your help. I'll wait until the newer products come out
Cheers
Lee

If the problem was that you simply need to install a MOCA filter, "newer" products aren't going to resolve this unless they have a MOCA low pass filter built in (doubtful).
post #2489 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

If the problem was that you simply need to install a MOCA filter, "newer" products aren't going to resolve this unless they have a MOCA low pass filter built in (doubtful).

That is why I said they should include one in the box. If he had to set up an appointment to get one and it ran past the return period he would have been SOL. Ditto for heatink and on card fan.
post #2490 of 4910 Old 04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by packetlosss View Post

That is why I said they should include one in the box. If he had to set up an appointment to get one and it ran past the return period he would have been SOL. Ditto for heatink and on card fan.

I'm in agreement with you with the heat sink, maybe an optional fan (pending results of the heat sink) as this may affect the life of the card, warranty issues, etc, but as far as the moca filter is conerned, it's not a requirement for all installations. HTPC's are not for anyone not wanting to roll up their sleevs and do some home work.

As long as the filter is mentioned some where in the directions for FIOS installations, that should be suffient, you can pick that up when you get your Mcard.

edit-I was just looking at some google images of the card, and seems there are some different hardware versions. I have the one that's pictured on neweggs site, should be able to add a heat sink on that one, but on the one, http://fine-tuned-universe.blogspot....ia-center.html, I don't think you can add anything and stay with in one pci slot.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page