Latest Ceton InfiniTV 4 Info Thread - Page 96 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2851 of 4776 Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Newbie
 
calinative68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by calinative68 View Post

Just finished by first HTPC build:
Silverstone GD05B case
Asus P8Z68-M Pro mobo
Intel Core i3 2100
Scythe Big Shuriken CPU cooler
G Skill Rip Jaws 4 (2 X 2)GB Ram
Sea Sonic PSU
Crucial M4 SSD (for OS)
Recycled 100 Gb 2.5 drive from laptop (little storage)
LG BD/DVD combo drive
Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad tuner
Logitech Harmony 7 with HP IR reciever
Remote Hippo
Win 7 64 bit and Arcsoft TMT5

Observations of the Ceton tuner: I first had a cable splitter setup (one to my HTPC and one to my modem/router) but immediately noticed pixilation and interference anytime there was internet traffic. So I removed the splitter and moved my modem/router to another location in the house, and that solved the issue.
So far, the card is working great in WMC. I have only had 2 instances of pixilation since then, which I had experienced before even with a Comcast box. I will continue to keep an eye on that as it could be caused by other things as well.
Comcast setup only required 2 calls to them - first lady flat out told me she hated setting up cable cards! She was a self fulfilling prophecy as I had to call back again!
The only other issue so far is when I boot up, it takes a few moments for the tuners to "load" so I think by keeping the HTPC on will take care of that.
All in all, pretty awesome!
I haven't recorded anything yet or setup any Xbox extenders, but for the simple fact that I don't have a Comcast box is well worth it!

Update:
Ordered and rec'd HP IR receiver, now I have my Harmony 700 in action as well.
Adding a 2 TB WD green drive this weekend. That way, I can take the old 100GB 2.5 drive and use that to store a system image/backup of the HTPC.
The only thing else I need is a decent keyboard/mouse setup (any suggestions would be appreciative).
Thanks everyone!
calinative68 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2852 of 4776 Old 04-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Member
 
SLAYER6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Having another issue today suddenly. I had two shows scheduled to record on ABC today sofar and both times the first attempt said "Recording Canceled, "X cannot be recorded. Restrictions set by the broadcaster and/or originator of the content prohibit recording of this program."

Both times it was trying to use Tuner 1 and then just switched to another tuner and it worked fine. Anyone else have this problem? Obviously this is broadcast TV and should not be flagged as copy never.
SLAYER6669 is offline  
post #2853 of 4776 Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andy_Steb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post

On my way home since it is nearby I dropped into Comcast and had them look at my account settings. They guy stated the way my HTPC/Inf4 cablecard was set up could be the problem and he changed something on his screen. He said that might fix the #1000 and over channel reception issue, but that I might also have to call in to get a "hit". Last night no 1000's were to be seen so this weekend I will make the call. Probably ought to exhaust any Comcast issues first, right?

http://www.cetoncorp.com/support/ind...nels-above-999

Andy_Steb is offline  
post #2854 of 4776 Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Member
 
thehobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post

The first post is saving the monitor settings to a monitor file instead of using default so that it is persistent when the monitor is off and doesn't rely on power-up handshaking for capabilities.

The second involving VNC is setting the default 'headless' resolution to match the HDMI resolution so there is no change when the TV connects (seems to confuse WMC)

xnappo

Ok - cool. That makes sense. I'll fiddle around with it later.

Thanks!
thehobster is offline  
post #2855 of 4776 Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
sgbroimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: CT Shore
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Turns out my Comcast call got me the channels above 999 with some sort of "hit" they did. Had to go through the WMS signal set up again to get them into the guide, but there they were.....but alas not all of them so will be calling them again tomorrow. Assume they can get me the rest pretty easily. Thanks to those theat weighed in, however. By the way the 1.1.7.2 firmware upgrade has brought me a lot more staibility, uptime, etc. Recoridng a lot better also with no "other component" preemptions.
sgbroimp is offline  
post #2856 of 4776 Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
sgbroimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: CT Shore
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post

Turns out my Comcast call got me the channels above 999 with some sort of "hit" they did. Had to go through the WMS signal set up again to get them into the guide, but there they were.....but alas not all of them so will be calling them again tomorrow. Assume they can get me the rest pretty easily. Thanks to those theat weighed in, however. By the way the 1.1.7.2 firmware upgrade has brought me a lot more staibility, uptime, etc. Recoridng a lot better also with no "other component" preemptions.

Well todays 'chat" with Comcast ("Michael")did not go so well. He never heard of WMS, a cablecard tuner, InfiniTV4, or a PC as a device for TV management. A bell only went off when I told him it acted like a DVR. He then told me to turn it off and he would try some things. I could "rescan my channels" and he could call back. I rebooted the PC, reset the signal, reset the guide and would up getting nothing. When I told him, he said it sounds like I will need a service call and there could be a charge since it is not their equipment. I am supposed to get 10 channels in the range between 1003 and 1024. I get 1004 (strange!) and then jump to the 1100's. I am missing ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS, but getting NBC. At lteast the Comcast guy yesterday accomplished something, but this one just wasted time, mine and his. Just when I thought Comcast was improving, I get this.....
sgbroimp is offline  
post #2857 of 4776 Old 04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Member
 
champagne coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
slayer6669,

Comcast came on sat. and swapped out the card. everything seems good so far. keep u informed if things change.
champagne coupe is offline  
post #2858 of 4776 Old 04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Nephilim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK I have a issue.. I have it all setup and am unable to see any channels.. I am in contact withe Ceton and they said I need to do this to get it working but when I click OK My PC Locks up and I have to do a Hard Reset and boot into Safe mode to undo that change or I am unable to Boot into Windows..

Here is the fix I need to do as described by Ceton Support but it is NOT working:

The diagnostic capture is reporting that the bridging support for the infiniTV has been reset. To fix this, please click start, type Device Manager, open Device Manager, expand the Network adapters section, right click the Ceton InfiniTV adapter, select Properties, move to the Advanced tab, select Support Bridging in the left side window, select Yes in the right hand drop down window and click OK. This should get you back up and operational.



That is what I need to do to get my problem fixed but Windows is NOT cooperating?? any ideas why it makes Windows Lock up and not able to boot?? I need a Fix for a Fix CRAP Figures just my luck..

I have the Onboard LAN disabled and use a Vision Tek killer 2001 nic..As a Added NOTE I did have it Working but I had Disabled SLI (Dual Video cards) and then it stopped working.. I am now here with this current situation.. Hoping for a fix..


I just received an Email from Centon they want me to RMA the card

The_Nephilim1 is offline  
post #2859 of 4776 Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Member
 
robnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why can't there be a "development" "alpha or beta" version that doesn't follow cablelabs standards that we can test with to make sure that the card isn't at fault, in those cases of bad copy protection standards ????

For those getting random reboots, even with 1.1.7.2 you may have bad hardware. My friend's card was always losing signal and rebooting WITH ANY VERSION FW. After many times of testing, he lent me the card to test with, I tried every single FW and was constantly losing recordings, losing sync- having to reboot... pulling my hair out! Ceton kept asking to try updates with no progress. I gave him back the card and he argued for an RMA, finally got one--- and no issues since then.

No offense to Ceton, my latest card has been great (only 1.1.2.4 was real garbage) and they sent me a quick RMA for a bad dongle

For those with slow channel changes, check this out:
My case, I have a 2tb WD green drive for video... Plenty of speed to do 4 streams of recording HD. It was E: drive.
My main OS and fileshare drive is another 2TB drive. OS C: and files D:
I learned that moving the live tv buffer helps responsiveness..
So, this is how I changed it over.
Close MCE, Kill windows media center reciever/ scheduler services.
Delete the folder temprec in your media center drive (in my case, e:\
ecorded TV\ emprec). Substitute your drive letter for where you put recorded tv.
First make the directory you want to move the live buffer to. (example in my case d:\ emprec)
Click start, type cmd, right click it, hit run as administrator.
Type in
mklink /d "e:\
ecorded TV\ emprec" d:\ emprec
Replace with whatever you prefer to create the symbolic link. So in my case, live TV is on my main drive (filestore partition), and the recordings go to my MCE drive. If let's say you have video on D: and OS on c: you can try this:
mklink /d "d:\
ecorded TV\ emprec" c:\ emprec
Live TV buffer is what lagged me in switching channels sometimes when having multiple recordings going on.
robnitro is offline  
post #2860 of 4776 Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Member
 
SLAYER6669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne coupe View Post

slayer6669,

Comcast came on sat. and swapped out the card. everything seems good so far. keep u informed if things change.

Glad to hear you're back up and running as well. Possibly just a bad card in your case. I still don't know exactly what happened on my end but as long as it works I guess it doesn't matter. I was watching HBO tonight with no problems, then on Showtime I got a "Weak Signal" message and it retuned shortly after. My signal is usually 1-3db so it's certainly not weak. Hopefully this doesn't continue.
SLAYER6669 is offline  
post #2861 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
dbailey75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

I'm having good luck with an asus gt 430, here's the link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121448. There's also a low profile version, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121471,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

Thanks for the recommendation.

As a quick note, I upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers, 296.XX and the 26/59 bug was back, rolled back to the 280.26, and problem resolved.

Your luck may vary.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
dbailey75 is offline  
post #2862 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
SkateZilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Beta Signups for Ceton Extenders and SmartPhone Apps:

http://cetoncorp.com/ceton-beta-registration/

Skate Zilla
-----------
Skate Zilla HD Studios - VA Beach, VA
SkateZilla is offline  
post #2863 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
erickotz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

I have the Onboard LAN disabled and use a Vision Tek killer 2001 nic..As a Added NOTE I did have it Working but I had Disabled SLI (Dual Video cards) and then it stopped working.. I am now here with this current situation.. Hoping for a fix..(

You didn't provide enough information for me to find your ticket, so I don't know what has/has not been done, but I have seen the Killer NIC's software cause issues in the past, even when not using bridging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post

Why can't there be a "development" "alpha or beta" version that doesn't follow cablelabs standards that we can test with to make sure that the card isn't at fault, in those cases of bad copy protection standards ????

If I understand correctly, you're proposing that Ceton release a beta firmware that ignored all copy protection? That absolutely would never happen, and is explicitly prohibited by CableLabs - if you could just install a firmware that ignored copy protection, it would defeat the entire point of it.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
erickotz is offline  
post #2864 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
The_Nephilim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey USA
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

You didn't provide enough information for me to find your ticket, so I don't know what has/has not been done, but I have seen the Killer NIC's software cause issues in the past, even when not using bridging..



#GDY-251-44451



This is what the support folks wanted me too try:


The diagnostic capture is reporting that the bridging support for the infiniTV has been reset. To fix this, please click start, type Device Manager, open Device Manager, expand the Network adapters section, right click the Ceton InfiniTV adapter, select Properties, move to the Advanced tab, select Support Bridging in the left side window, select Yes in the right hand drop down window and click OK. This should get you back up and operational...




When I tried to do that After I click OK My PC Locks UP and I have to hard reset and boot into Safe mode to undo that change to the ceton card or I can not boot into windows..

Do you have an alternative to sending the card in as that is what they want me to do now..

The_Nephilim1 is offline  
post #2865 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
erickotz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

#GDY-251-44451



This is what the support folks wanted me too try:


The diagnostic capture is reporting that the bridging support for the infiniTV has been reset. To fix this, please click start, type Device Manager, open Device Manager, expand the Network adapters section, right click the Ceton InfiniTV adapter, select Properties, move to the Advanced tab, select Support Bridging in the left side window, select Yes in the right hand drop down window and click OK. This should get you back up and operational...




When I tried to do that After I click OK My PC Locks UP and I have to hard reset and boot into Safe mode to undo that change to the ceton card or I can not boot into windows..

Do you have an alternative to sending the card in as that is what they want me to do now..

I looked over the ticket, and I believe that an RMA is the best course of action currently.

Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation
erickotz is offline  
post #2866 of 4776 Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Member
 
robnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickotz View Post

If I understand correctly, you're proposing that Ceton release a beta firmware that ignored all copy protection? That absolutely would never happen, and is explicitly prohibited by CableLabs - if you could just install a firmware that ignored copy protection, it would defeat the entire point of it.

Hi,
I don't know, I was figuring there could be a time limited one to help troubleshooting. I don't have those issues with FIOS... which makes me wonder, why does one follow it super strict and one not? I suppose it is related to how close the company is to the industry. HDMI and other CC standards are a joke, because piraters re-encode the video w h264, etc anyway, so there is no need for a digital perfect copy.

What also peeves me is how the cable companies themselves don't always adhere to the standards, as one post described CC issues that their own boxes "overlook". We would think that a standard that cablelabs pushes would be universally followed. Imagine how TCP/IP would be if every vendor cheated on the standards, how would the one that follows the standard be able to compete? I am also reminded of the beginning days of copy protection on PC games. Because they cheated the physical data CD standard, there were a ton of issues with certain CD readers.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that I find these mega industries, a lot of which are essentially monopolies, complaining and whining- while sticking it to the consumer!
robnitro is offline  
post #2867 of 4776 Old 05-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Senior Member
 
tgrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
LOL - unfortunately, it's often "Do as I say, not as I do..."
tgrinch is offline  
post #2868 of 4776 Old 05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Babbitt 1080P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is there any way to just uninstall the ceton network driver? Mine keeps kicking out my internet. Was hoping not to have to uninstall the whole driver to reinstall without network.
Babbitt 1080P is offline  
post #2869 of 4776 Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
hlkc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Received below...

Ceton Companion App & Beta!

As a Windows Media Center user, have you ever wanted to be able to use your mobile phone or tablet to browse your TV program guide, change channels, set a recording or even control which TV set you want a show to be played on? If so, then you’re going to enjoy our new Ceton Companion App. And we have a free Ceton Companion App beta coming up that we think you'll really like as well!

The Ceton Companion App offers some very cool new features that bring your Ceton experience to the most popular mobile and tablet platforms:
Works with all Windows 7 Media Center PCs - no new hardware required!
For U.S. cable TV programming: works with any Ceton InfiniTV device, which you probably already own!
Browse the Program Guide, change channels and set recordings on your mobile phone or tablet
Control playback of video/music/photo content, including recordings, on multiple devices
Browse all your Media Center libraries from afar: Videos, DVR, Recordings, Music, Photos, Movies
Access tons of info for movies and TV show: program description and synopsis, series information, actors and cover art, movie ratings, year produced, director, and much more
Automatically receive new series and movie premier information and never again miss that first episode of a new TV series
Play new movie trailers on your phone or tablet
Universal Search for movies and TV shows: search TV listings and movies all with one function
Integrates TV listings with movies to let you know where and when the content is available, whether it’s already recorded on your DVR or playing on HBO next Thursday
Manage and schedule recordings from anywhere: browse, delete, set up new recordings and series recordings
Supports multiple mobile platforms: iPhone (iOS 4.1+, iPad in early Q3), Android (v2.2+), Win 7 Phone (Mango)
Juicy Details on the Beta

By now you might have heard about our soon-to-be released Ceton Companion App Beta Program for Windows 7 Media Center PCs. If not, check out the articles at the links above. There are a few things we want to point out right up front:
First of all, if you’re selected, participation in the beta is FREE … nada, zip, zero, nothing, gratis. We have great customers and we know your input can help us make the best mobile application for TV EVER!
Second, we really want your feedback. What do you love? What do you love less? What do you think is missing? What’s there but not needed? This is a great opportunity for you to help influence the final feature set for Ceton Companion App!
Third, the mobile platforms supported in the beta are: Android (including Kindle Fire), iOS for iPhone (iPad in early Q3 release) and Windows Phone 7.
Fourth, on our beta signup page you’ll also have the opportunity to apply to be included in the beta for the Ceton extender for Windows Media Center that’s planned for a bit later. Stay tuned for more on that!
We’ll be sending out surveys each week to get your feedback on how we can make this the best TV Companion App EVER!!!

So hurry to the Ceton website and signup for a chance to be included in the Ceton Companion App Beta Program today!
If selected, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to download the Ceton mobile App for all platforms on May 25th.
hlkc is offline  
post #2870 of 4776 Old 05-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
tootal2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: eureka, mo
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

As a quick note, I upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers, 296.XX and the 26/59 bug was back, rolled back to the 280.26, and problem resolved.

Your luck may vary.

I just down graded my drivers from 301.24 to 285.62 I hope it fixes the problems.


I could not find 280.26 in the legacy drivers
tootal2 is offline  
post #2871 of 4776 Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
tootal2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: eureka, mo
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

I just down graded my drivers from 301.24 to 285.62 I hope it fixes the problems.


I could not find 280.26 in the legacy drivers

I got a blank screen when using the 285.62 drivers in wmc. Wmc played to show with a blank screen but the sound still worked.

I went to 396.10 and got the video back. My ceton card wont replace my tivo with these video problems.
tootal2 is offline  
post #2872 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Member
 
drtdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i have had the pcie version of this card since September and have virtually no problem until i moved to a new house a week ago. all of a sudden i start getting the subscription required message. it will usually clear itself up if i let it sit or change to a different channel. this has happened 3 times in the last week and i have never seen this message before the move.
drtdiver is offline  
post #2873 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
dbailey75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 641
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootal2 View Post

I got a blank screen when using the 285.62 drivers in wmc. Wmc played to show with a blank screen but the sound still worked.

I went to 396.10 and got the video back. My ceton card wont replace my tivo with these video problems.

285.62 "broke" live TV play back, not a ceton or MCE issue, if you filter on the last drop menu, change it to recommended/certified drivers, and you should be able to download 280.26.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/35052

I'm sticking with 280.26, minimal if any issues related to the 29/59 bug, good enough to where I'm no longer seeing or looking for it.

PSN: CAPTDANMAN
dbailey75 is offline  
post #2874 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ToddUGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Eastman, Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Finally had to fill out a support ticket. Tuners are still disappearing on me sporadically and I've tried pretty much everything. Now I'm getting a Windows Media Center error message with a long numerical number. Wife ain't happy.

ToddUGA is offline  
post #2875 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Fatawan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbitt 1080P View Post

Is anyone else having the ceton driver or software (network tuner) kicking out your internet connection. Mines happening daily. Something about the network bridge.

Maybe--I thought it was my router, but the network tuner has been a glitchy mess for me from day one. I stopped using the network tuner feature at the same time I replaced my router. No disconnects since.
Fatawan is offline  
post #2876 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
tootal2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: eureka, mo
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I found and installed 280.26 no problems so far. I use this computer for playing games to so is 280.26 good for gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey75 View Post

285.62 "broke" live TV play back, not a ceton or MCE issue, if you filter on the last drop menu, change it to recommended/certified drivers, and you should be able to download 280.26.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/35052

I'm sticking with 280.26, minimal if any issues related to the 29/59 bug, good enough to where I'm no longer seeing or looking for it.

tootal2 is offline  
post #2877 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
tgrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtdiver View Post

i have had the pcie version of this card since September and have virtually no problem until i moved to a new house a week ago. all of a sudden i start getting the subscription required message. it will usually clear itself up if i let it sit or change to a different channel. this has happened 3 times in the last week and i have never seen this message before the move.

I'd be curious what your solution is - on the install I did for my folks, they occasionally see this as well; not too often. It'll appear randomly for 3-5 seconds and then go away. Doesn't always happen either.
tgrinch is offline  
post #2878 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Member
 
BrianAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrinch View Post


I'd be curious what your solution is - on the install I did for my folks, they occasionally see this as well; not too often. It'll appear randomly for 3-5 seconds and then go away. Doesn't always happen either.

I used to get this a LOT. My signal was not great ( avg -10) but supposedly within acceptable limits. Went into my cable/phone distribution panel and found the last tech had installed a 4 port amp but had everything connected to a splitter and then the splitter connected to a single of the 4 ports. I moved the Ceton feed to another port on the amp by itself and now I get -3 to -5 on every channel regularly. While the no signal issue still happens, it is very rare and I expect that I can make it better by pulling the 4-port amp and replacing with a single port one. Will try once the hockey playoffs are over. I'm in a restricted change period at the moment .

- Brian
BrianAZ is offline  
post #2879 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Member
 
drtdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAZ View Post


I used to get this a LOT. My signal was not great ( avg -10) but supposedly within acceptable limits. Went into my cable/phone distribution panel and found the last tech had installed a 4 port amp but had everything connected to a splitter and then the splitter connected to a single of the 4 ports. I moved the Ceton feed to another port on the amp by itself and now I get -3 to -5 on every channel regularly. While the no signal issue still happens, it is very rare and I expect that I can make it better by pulling the 4-port amp and replacing with a single port one. Will try once the hockey playoffs are over. I'm in a restricted change period at the moment .

- Brian

This may be the problem I've noticed signal anywhere from -2 through -10 here at the new house. Last place I lived I had a signal amp set up and never saw this problem. I'll throw my amp on and test for a while. Only problem would possibly make my signal too hot.
drtdiver is offline  
post #2880 of 4776 Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,372
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAZ View Post

Will try once the hockey playoffs are over. I'm in a restricted change period at the moment .

Hmm. From where I sit, the playoffs already ended... Seriously though, there's still a lot of great hockey left to watch this year.
gsr is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off