Lav Madvr guide?? - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2011, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thanks for the instructions for registering CLCvd.ax.

Also, I had missed the difference between LAV Filters and LAV CUVID.

I am doing OK with Haali as my MPC-HC splitter and for eac3to and I do not want to have to go into reg edit to keep haali for eac3to. But if I can understand how LAV Filters will benefit me I will go to the extra trouble to use it. Currently, I play Live and recorded TV with 7MC, DVDs and Blu rays with PowerDVD9 Ultra and MKVs with MPC-HC. I am getting good video quality with my Panasonic plasma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

DllRegisterServer inCLCvd.ax succeeded.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Qaq

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post

I am doing OK with Haali as my MPC-HC splitter and for eac3to and I do not want to have to go into reg edit to keep haali for eac3to.

You can put Haali into External and Block or Prefer it there. For MPC-HC only.

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
Old 06-11-2011, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I also got CLCvd registered, but, depite following the instructions above, the HAM settings do not stick.

On a related note, what is recommended to add deinterlacing with an NVIDIA/ATI card (ffdshow does work, but doesn't benefit from CLCvd)?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I am also getting the HAM setting problem while playing amkv. With a video playing if I right click and go to filters it displays MPC Video filter. If I right clic MPC Video filter I just get properties.

Haali is set as preferred.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You did go and add it to the external video filters and set it to preferred, right? And you need to disable the MPC internal filters.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I do not see where to disable the internal MPC Video Filter
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

The internal filters page? You have to uncheck the video options. Personally I make MPC builds that contain no internal filters at all.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Old 06-11-2011, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
... I think so, Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD10) is set as preferred (External tab), and all internal Source and Transform filters are unchecked.

The other video decoders in the External Filters tab are either Blocked, or with some specific merit value.

Interestingly, I don't see PDVD10 in the list of active filters when playing some video.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I unchecked all source and transform filters.

For external video filters I have ffdshow video and Ham (preferred) and Haali splitter preferred)

However, if I right click an MKV running in MPC-HC it is displaying WMVideoDecoder DMO.

Output is EVR Custom Pres.

Power DVD 9 Ultra does not play MKVs. Maybe I have the wrong version of CLCvd.ax? Then, on the other hand it should go to ffdshow video.

I installed the newest version of MPC-HC but that did not make a difference.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Liked: 10
When I registered CLCvd.ax, two new decoders showed up in MPC-HC's list:

Cyberlink HAM Decoder (PDVD11)
Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD11)

I found that if I chose the HAM one, it did nothing (was not listed in MPC-HC's filter list during playback). If I chose the one without HAM in the name, it seemed to work, and I could select HAM in the options of that one.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
yes i noticed that there is a separate ham decoder
but samuil said that the only working way
is setting ham via cyberink Video Decoder
Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I have Cyberlink Video Decoder (PDVD9). I added this filter and set prefer but I am still getting WMVideo Decode DMO

I am using the Haali Splitter. Which splitter are you using?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm using LAV Splitter.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Are you now seeing a radical or noticable improvement in video qualtiy?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Okay, so I just read this entire thread and I'm excited to try it out. My question is this: Will this setup handle bluray folders and isos, or do I still have to use TMT5, which is a PITA.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

It will handle movie only from your folders or ISO's. It tries to pick the right MPLS by parsing the index.bdmv, but, sometimes it gets it wrong (Prince of Persia for me today is an example where it picked wrong). In those cases if you know the correct MPLS file you can load that manually in your player of choice. Some day we will get a new ability with LAV Splitter...Nev will expose the larger playlists so that you'll be able to switch between them using the filters menu of your player....just as you select the audio or subtitle streams now. This will be great for episode discs like my True Blood BD's.

P.S. With AnyDVD running, you can, of course, play from the original disc, as well...making it very handy for rentals.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Are you now seeing a radical or noticable improvement in video qualtiy?

LAV Splitter isn't going to change the video quality. madVR is going to do that through it's magic rendering capabilities. madVR is by far the most accurate renderer I've ever seen and once you configure it for your system, it works extremely well. For example, my TV's are both calibrated for BT709. If you tell madVR that in the options, the color reproduction is damn near flawless. Once my wife gets her meter (she's taking art classes and needs one for photography anyway) I'll then calibrate it even further and create a proper 3dlut table for my TV's. That should correct any flaws in color on both my TV's. Quite frankly, it's simply stunning what madshi has accomplished. Combine that with what Nev has done in LAV Splitter, and, well, we are EXTREMELY lucky.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

So I've had all this for awhile now but I uninstalled all versions of lav filters, cuvid, madvr, and mpc. I installed all the new versions and set everything up. I got everything working fine except for madvr. It's working, I checked in graph and mpc, but I can't open it up to access the settings. Everytime I try it says my firewall is blocking acess. I went into my firewall and specifically allowed all acess for madvr. Also it's not a windows warning but a madvr warning. It's still not allowing me acess. Any ideas?

Pioneer Kuro...your time is up...mwahahhahhha
Old 06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydrunk View Post

So I've had all this for awhile now but I uninstalled all versions of lav filters, cuvid, madvr, and mpc. I installed all the new versions and set everything up. I got everything working fine except for madvr. It's working, I checked in graph and mpc, but I can't open it up to access the settings. Everytime I try it says my firewall is blocking acess. I went into my firewall and specifically allowed all acess for madvr. Also it's not a windows warning but a madvr warning. It's still not allowing me acess. Any ideas?

Right click it on the toolbar (the icon by the clock on the desktop) and allow internet access.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

Right click it on the toolbar (the icon by the clock on the desktop) and allow internet access.

Cool, il try that. The worse half is in the middle of a movie, so I'm gonna have to wait.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

It's already on, but I tried it again and it's working. When I was taking a nap my girl turned on the htpc from sleep and somehow it started in safemode. So I turned it off and restated it Wich hasn't been done in a while. So maybe it was off when I was originally trying it, either way it's working, thanks.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:

Also, I was trying to find out if Erik71 saw significant video quality improvement from the Cyberlink Ham video filter from PowerDVD11 he has and whether it would be worth trying to get a different version of CLCvd.ax. erik71 did not respond yet.

I did not respond because the question was vague. Improvement compared to what? Other decoders? I haven't seen any difference in video quality from decoders, and I would not expect to. It is the renderer that makes a difference in video quality.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
For ati users , if your cpu is not strong enough for handling decoding and madvr, the only way is using cyberlink clcvd.ax in ham mode.
Madvr cannot work with dxva at all.

So the real deal for ati users is:
Madvr+cyberlink ham or any dxva+EVR
Make your tests and choose
I am completely sure what you will choose.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Montana View Post

For ati users , if your cpu is not strong enough for handling decoding and madvr,

I guess you are talking about Zacate or Sampron/Celeron single-core. All modern Intel/AMD dual-core processors (except for Zacate) can decode HD video codecs easily.

A problem with an AMD graphics card occurs when you play interlaced contents as you have to rely on software deinterlacing. yadif built in ffdshow Video Decoder is pretty good, but it does not work with interlaced VC-1. Fortunately there are not so many interlaced VC-1 contents and you can convert it to interlaced H.264 easily. For an AMD graphics card,

LAV Source/Splitter -> ffdshow Video Decoder (deinterlacing+subtitles[+SVP?]) -> madVR

If you never play interlaced contents, CyberLink Video Decoder is another choice. For a NVIDIA card,

LAV Source/Splitter -> LAV CUVID Decoder + ffdshow raw video filter (subtitles[+SVP?]) -> madVR

If you use MPC HomeCinema, you may not need ffdshow raw video filter because a subtitle engine is included in the player.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Just to let say thanks and let you know I am experimenting with filters in MPC-HC and now the only transform filter I have is MPC VC1(DXVA) I still have haali and this arrangement allows subtitles to show, (I think, I added haali a year or so ago because MPC-HC was not working well with subtitle or audio). I think the video quality is better.

I have installed Madvr. It works but I don't have subtitles. So, I need the LAV splitter and I need to retain haali for eac3to. Anyway, I will continue to read, change and test.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

I unchecked all source and transform filters.

However, if I right click an MKV running in MPC-HC it is displaying WMVideoDecoder DMO.

Is this accptable? I'm seeing this too. If I "check" all the transform filters I will get "MPEG-2 Video Decoder" instead of WMVideoDecoder DMO. I think the WMVideoDecoder is better picture. I currently have all the Internal filters "unchecked". I don't have PDVD or TMT filters/programs.

What should I have/see in filters if everything is setup right when playing a BD ripped to M2TS format (The Dark Knight)?

I have LAV Splitter, LAV Splitter Source, LAV Audio (all set to preferred), and MadVR (default merit). Is there any benefit in installing Reclock?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Basically you have five choices for VC-1:

- MPC Video Decoder (DXVA)
- ffmpeg (MPC Video Decoder's ffmpeg, ffdshow Video Decoder's libavcodec)
- WMVideo Decoder DMO (Windows' built-in, ffdshow Video Decoder's wmv9)
- ArcSoft Video Decoder
- CyberLink Video Decoder

MPC Video Decoder (DXVA) does not work with madVR. All the other work with madVR and are almost equally good. MPC HomeCinema looks for a video decoder (transform filter) in this order:

1. Options > External Filters: Preferred filters
2. Options > Internal Filters > Source Filters: checked filters
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\DirectShow\\Preferr ed (WMVideo Decoder DMO is here by default)
4. Registered filter of the highest merit value.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

The one thing I know for sure will not help you. I use lpcm to the realtek audio drivers and reclock is not necessary. Sound and picture never get out of sync and imho the sound is equal to bitstreaming with none of the problems.

On page two or three of this thread it recommends updating MPC-HC to the latest, possibly unstable version to have Madvr run with subtitles. I just did that and I am running MPC-HC1.5.2.3196x86MSVC2010-B. But I did not get subtitles and that may be because I am still using haali for the splitter. I will have to check out letting MPC-HC doing the splitting. Currently the only transform filter I am using is VC1 and then I do not get madvr and I am showing the MPC Video decoder with EVR custom. Try just checking the VC1 (DXVA) internal filter only and see how you like the picture.

I have not yet installed the LAV splitter. I need to read up first because I do not want to break anything that is working.