Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 581 Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

Anyone else having some major problems with auto-refresh rate switching in madVR w/ MPC-HC?

I turned off MPC-HC's auto-rr-switching so as not to cause conflict, entered '1080p23' in the madvr settings under 'display modes' => 'list all display modes madVR may switch to.'

I get a lot of ghosting on 1080p23, along with a greenish band at the absolute bottom of the screen.

When I remove that option, the banding and ghosting disappear (but, unfortunately, it is then displaying at 60Hz rather than 24)

I also have reclock, but I only use reclock audio renderer for LPCM playback, and all the expected filters (and no unexpected ones) are showing up when I right-click during playback.

Any ideas?

Apologies for bumping an old post but I see quite a few references to the above around the internet but no definitive solution. I have this problem too with the latest mpc-hc and madvr installed. Are there any other options as I would like like to keep the mpc-hc video decoder as I have it all set up nicely! If there aren't, what's the general consenus on what to use as a h.264 decoder now? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 581 Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 AM

Hi ,

I was wondering although lav filter work fine with madvr (video , audio decoder and splitter) , when i use the cyberlink ham mode with mpc-hc x86 i get a green bar at the bottom of the screen with some files . The thing is that ffdshow is not installed , when i got to add filter is not registered , but i'm using dierctvobsub . I tried to block it but same thing happens .

I'm using ati mobility radeon hd 5650 . I've read somewhere that i should use the crop option from ffdshow , but i'm not using it so i can't find it .

Any ideas ?
post #573 of 581 Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I have some questions about the configuration settings of my JVC RS45 projector setup.

1. HDMI Input
I can selecact Standard (16-235), Enhanced (0-255) or Super White (16-255).
What is the setting that should be used when using a HTPC with:
- Blu-Ray content to play
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema
- madVR as output renderer (set to PC levels 0-255 as RGB output levels)
- LAV video filter (RGB set to 'untouched' in LAV video filter)
- NVIDIA GTX460 with default 1080p23 profile BUT with n vidia fix during installation (for further information about this fix check http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...post&p=1328716)

2. Color Space
I can select YCbCr (4:4:4), YCbCr (4:2:2) or RGB. It seems that only RGB seems to show the correct colours. I thought Blu-Ray specification was 4:2:2?
post #574 of 581 Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Qaq

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Blu-Ray specification is 4:2:0, but HDMI doesn't support 420, so chroma should be upsampled to 422 or 444 first. Read here.
MadVR does chroma upsampling 420 > 444, source YUV > RGB (0-255) conversion. The output is RGB 0-255 by default. That means you have to set both Nvidia driver and the projector to RGB 0-255.
Forget about YCbCr, madVR can't output it. YCbCr is for Arcsoft TMT, PowerDVD players (BDP-like).
LAV video: use default settings, only set CUDA there.
Nvidia driver: use search for Nvidia custom profiles (23,976; 24; 50; 59,940), HQ de-interlace option and RGB sticked fix. Don't ask me about these, I'm an ATI guy.
Good luck.

Burned by the Audio Inquisition
post #575 of 581 Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq View Post

Blu-Ray specification is 4:2:0, but HDMI doesn't support 420, so chroma should be upsampled to 422 or 444 first. Read here.
MadVR does chroma upsampling 420 > 444, source YUV > RGB (0-255) conversion. The output is RGB 0-255 by default. That means you have to set both Nvidia driver and the projector to RGB 0-255.
Forget about YCbCr, madVR can't output it. YCbCr is for Arcsoft TMT, PowerDVD players (BDP-like).
Nvidia driver: use search for Nvidia custom profiles (23,976; 24; 50; 59,940), HQ de-interlace option and RGB sticked fix. Don't ask me about these, I'm an ATI guy.
Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I just found out that my JVC has a second color space setting. The manual of the JVC projector says that you can switch the color space display of the projector output.

Settings to choose from are:

- StandardEquivalent to the HDTV color space

- Wide 1
Equivalent to the color space of the DCI standard

- Wide 2
A color space that is broader than Wide 1

Any idea which I have to choose when looking at my config?
post #576 of 581 Old 05-12-2012, 12:53 PM

hello .Color space STANDARD is better if not it makes a calibration of the vp,r and is the one closest to the reference, but especially on the Green has narrowed the gamut from specifications BT 709. If instead calibrates better to start WIDE1 WIDE2 that are larger rec 709 and you can better have a good gamut.

Sorry for my english.
post #577 of 581 Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaq View Post

Good luck.

Hi

I have MadVR + LavFilters + FFDshow + MPCHC installed and setup (took a full sunday before getting it right).
I have the same projector only in Europe it is called JVC DLA X30
Nvidia GTX560

Regarding the settings above they are not right if you want the correct video levels.
Actually MADVr treats video levels in a very strange way (converting back and forth...can never be good for final result).

The correct and most untouched chain would be
Video (BR recorde in 4;2;0, 16-235) -> MadVr 16-235 -> NVidia 16-235 -> Projector; Input Standard (16-235 w BTB & WTW preserved)
But this will NOT work with MadVr.

To get the right video levels the following needs to be set:
* MadVr: 0-255

* NVidia:
- Display - adjust desktop colour settings - Digital colour format = RGB
(YCbCr4:4:4 seems to work just as fine though, but when changing it is hard to get it to stick...i had to change 2 time to get it to stay at RGB. Easiest way to check is to force the projector to ColourSpace RGB and see that the colours are ok)
- Video - Adjust video colour settings: Select "With the video player settings"

* Projector:
- HDMI - Input = "Super white".
NOTE! Selecting RGB here WILL WASH OUT BLACKS. Selecting Standard will clip white to early allready below 235 (not above as it should)
- HDMI - Colour space (should be called colour format) = Auto (works just fine since both Y:Cb:Cr and RGB works, it doesnt matter if Nvidia fiddles with the colours.)
- Picture - Advanced - Colour space = STANDARD (everything else is wrong since BR is not recorded with a wide gamut)

Still, I can not get "cheese slice" test videos to play well in interlaced. The veritcal lines flicker and the moire pattern looks like crap.
That part actually worked a lot better with a Radeon HD5770 and MPCHC without any addon software.

But when changing from ATI to Nvidia I got tearing and a very stuttering image.
The video is soft now and looks good ...but it did before as well with the AMD and no extra fiddle and black screen when closing MPCHC aso.....

So IMO the video round ends as follows
Nvidia (new card) vs ATI (old card) = 0 - 1

I can just imagine what todays ATI cards can do wink.gif
Boogie

Livingroom
JVC DLA-X30@108" 16:9
Denon AVR3805, Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC
JBL Ti6K,Ti1K,XTi20,REL Q150
Bedroom
Pioneer KRP-500M
Denon AVR3802,HTPC
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS
post #578 of 581 Old 09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I have 'presentation glitches' problems. More specific:

I use a HTPC frame interppolation method called SVP frame (http://www.svp-team.com). When I dont use SVP and use the regular nvidia 23hz (23.976 actually) profile for blu-ray content I get no dropped frames and no presentation glitches reported by madvr. So this all works fine. But when I enable SVP (and use the 59hz nvidia profile which is recommended by SVP frame) I get like 5-10 presentation glitches every 20 minutes or so (no dropped frames however). The problem is not cpu related because the presentation glitches are there with heavy or light svp setting (heavy SVP settings can quite max out a CPU).

Anyone knows what could cause this?

I also would like to know in detail what the next different madVR settings do:

general settings:
- disable desktop composition
- use a separate device for presentation
- use D3D for presentation (available when checking use a separate device for presentation)
- CPU queue size
- GPU queue size
exclusive mode settings:
- present several frames in advance
- how many video frames shall be presented in advance
- .... after intermediate render stops
- .... after last render step
- .... after copy to backbuffer
- .... after D3D presentation
- run presentation in a separate thread
- limit rendering times to avoid glitches
- overshoot max frame latency
post #579 of 581 Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone got LAV Filters doing DTS-HD bitstreaming in Windows 8 with MPC-HC? Futile tries here... GTX 460.
post #580 of 581 Old 10-28-2012, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi guys, just a little OT. I want to know if my 'chain' is configured the correct way so the colors and blacks&whites are displayed correct:

MY SOURCE (HTPC) settings:
- NVIDIA graphics card with latest driver and I use the HDMI output of my card.

- Media Player Classic with madVR as output renderer with output setting PC Levels (0-255).

- using LAV video decoder with all the 'Output Formats' checked and 'RGB Output Levels' set to 'Untouched (as input)'.

- I m also using ffdshow Raw Video Decoder: Raw Video to 'All Supported' and in the Output settings only checked the box 'YV12'.

MY DISPLAY DEVICE (JVC RS55 projector) settings:
- Color Profile
The manual of my projector says I have to choose a profile here that suits the input source. A have a few settings I can choose here (I will quote the manual). Which is the correct one to choose?? (looking at the content I m watching*) *I think it is also important to mention the content I m running. I m running only a few different types of content. Full Blu-Ray movies (BDMV structure folder or .m2ts files) and .mov trailers from HDtrailers.net
1. Standard
This is a HDTV profile with an especially rich representation of the film-specific colors
2. Cinema1
This is a profile that resembles the color space of the DCI standard
3. Cinema2
This is a profile that resembles the color space of HDTV

- HDMI Color Space Input
I can choose 'Y Pb/Cb', 'Pr/Cr' or 'RGB' here. I assume I have to choose RBG?

- HDMI dynamic range Input
I can choose 'Standard (16-235)', 'Enhanced (0-255)' or 'Super White' here. I think I have to use 'Enhanced (0-255)' but what s the 'Super White' option for? (I quote the manual about the explanation of the Super White option: ''It is set if the dynamic range of the input video scale level is 16-255. Please set the output to video equipment compatible with Super White for Super White-enabled DVD / BR etc.''

Thanks for all input!
post #581 of 581 Old 10-28-2012, 02:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

I have 'presentation glitches' problems. More specific:
I use a HTPC frame interppolation method called SVP frame (http://www.svp-team.com). When I dont use SVP and use the regular nvidia 23hz (23.976 actually) profile for blu-ray content I get no dropped frames and no presentation glitches reported by madvr. So this all works fine. But when I enable SVP (and use the 59hz nvidia profile which is recommended by SVP frame) I get like 5-10 presentation glitches every 20 minutes or so (no dropped frames however). The problem is not cpu related because the presentation glitches are there with heavy or light svp setting (heavy SVP settings can quite max out a CPU).
Anyone knows what could cause this?

Glitches happen when MadVR runs out of frames to render, with SVP it means SVP is late with the information, the render time will also spike.
There are no dropped frames because there is no data. Visually it is a momentary freeze

Reasons for the delay
1)The processing CPU core hit 100% and saturated. Look for it in SVPs performance graphs, if one of your cores in in the top 20% grid you will have that CPU core hitting 100% every now and then
2)GPU was too busy (command queue is piling up)
3)Error in the video stream common in over the air recordings resulting in dropped frames or frames with bad timestamps causing the decoder to choke not outout any data
4)Nvidia tweaked the driver for some game and messed up the GPU service time,

Given your low incidence of glitches, I would leave it alone.

If you want to fix it
1)Get a higher clocked CPU or one that has a higher turbo frequency or use a less aggressive processing. Stick with the standard shaders.
2)Get a faster more capable GPU or double up, I switched to SLI (GTX460 pair ) once MadVR added the Jinc scaler and overloaded my single GTX460
3)SVP should complain about the frame rate not being constant, you could try to remux the stream or fix it using Avisynth.
4)Complain to Nvidia and go back to an older driver,
Reply Home Theater Computers