Zotac AD02/60GB SSD/6GB RAM/Choppy to High Heaven - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2011, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, first post but a regular stalker.

I usually am able to google how-to's and or fixes to get something to work to which i am unable to figure out but i go to school fulltime and am working fulltime along side a new white german shepherd puppy so time is not on my side.

Well last night I received my zotac ad02 and installed Windows 7 64bit along side updates for about 3 hours... Installed the newest catalyst drivers released yesterday 11.6, even followed a walkthrough on installing klite codec full with mpclassic and still no dice. I tried xmbc and still choppy after changing the setting.

I am completely lost. Does anyone have a complete solution for enabling hardware acceleration and only downloading a single codec pack or such? HT is honestly not my forte and was hoping someone could shed some light.

AMD E-350 APU platform (dual-core, 1.6 GHz)
AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 graphics processor

I really appreciate any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-16-2011, 08:03 AM

Liked: 11
I have the same platform, but different motherboard manufacturer.

Wel it seems you understand it, but there is no way to play fluently any HD content without DXVA.

Using XMBC, the option is System\\Video\\Playback\\Allow Hardware Acceleration (DXVA2)

Using MPC-HC: Options / Internal filters and check that "H264/AVC (DXVA)" is selected.
Then Options / Playback / Output, select " EVR Custom Pres" to enable DXVA 1 and 2.

You don't need any external codec or codec pack to enbale DXVA with MPC-HC or XBMC.

My AMD E-350 is usually sitting around 20%-30% CPU usage when playing 1080p H.264 videos, and it's of course totally fluid (this not the best decoding quality, and the video post-procesing/rendering is very very limited, but it's working fine with a correct quality and very low power usage/noise)
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaden View Post

i have the same platform, but different motherboard manufacturer.

Wel it seems you understand it, but there is no way to play fluently any hd content without dxva.

Using xmbc, the option is system\\video\\playback\\allow hardware acceleration (dxva2)

using mpc-hc: Options / internal filters and check that "h264/avc (dxva)" is selected.
Then options / playback / output, select " evr custom pres" to enable dxva 1 and 2.

You don't need any external codec or codec pack to enbale dxva with mpc-hc or xbmc.

My amd e-350 is usually sitting around 20%-30% cpu usage when playing 1080p h.264 videos, and it's of course totally fluid (this not the best decoding quality, and the video post-procesing/rendering is very very limited, but it's working fine with a correct quality and very low power usage/noise)

thanks alot!
post #4 of 5 Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaaden View Post

You don't need any external codec or codec pack to enbale DXVA with MPC-HC or XBMC.

+1. The codec pack may actually be causing you issues.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

I wanted to post i solved the error. It was neither the codec or the computer itself. I am an idiot and completely forgot which router was serving my needs... culprit. wrt54gv2... I ran a cable to the switch portion and viola! seamless streaming.

looking for a n xtreme router as we speak. thanks for your help guys
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page