Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Cable Card Tuner For US Market! - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 479 Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This isn't directly related to the 2650, but In WMC after wakeup, I often get an error message that the display driver is not suitable for protected content when watching live, even if I was watching a recorded show previously right after waking up. What's strange is if I change from full screen to a window, the live show will start playing. Updated to latest ATI driver but that didn't help. I'm new to WMC and all it's little idiosyncracies, so wondered if anyone else has run into this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 479 Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 AM
L54

Anyone here using a 2650 in combination with a 2250? If so, any special install instructions? Any other comments about how the combination work together?
post #453 of 479 Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

I'm using it with a 1250 with no problem, but the 1250 is connected to an antenna. Even if you're using the 2250 with your cable for QAM they have different drivers so there really shouldn't be a conflict.
post #454 of 479 Old 08-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L54 View Post

Anyone here using a 2650 in combination with a 2250? If so, any special install instructions? Any other comments about how the combination work together?

I've got two 2250s and a 2650. Works fine and no special instructions.
post #455 of 479 Old 09-12-2013, 11:28 AM

I bought one of these back in December. It worked flawlessly until July. But it is the cable company's issue. I have Fidelity cable, around july they changed their billing software and whatever activates the MCArD. I would have to wait a week for technician to come to give him the numbers to activate it. the local office is helpful if I have time to go in person, I can never get them on the phone, the corporate office seems to know nothing about mcards. It would work until the next saturday then drop off again, I sent techsupport a email with the info....nothing waited a week for a tech to give them my info, drops again next saturday, sent another email sunday night, this time they call me in the morning saying its fixed, that worked again until saturday over the next 2 weeks emails were ignored until the tech comes. They are now saying its a billing issue and are trying to figure it out. Does anyone have any good tricks help with the pixillation on the HD channels, I might be out of luck with the video card ati hd3200 I think.
post #456 of 479 Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Can you post screen shots of the web GUI showing the signal strength and symbol quality for the affected channels? Pixelazation sounds to be an issue with your signal. Billing issues typically show as the channel not tuning at all because the CableCARD doesn't have the correct authorization information. Also, do you have SDV or a Tuning Adapter?

post #457 of 479 Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post

Can you post screen shots of the web GUI showing the signal strength and symbol quality for the affected channels? Pixelazation sounds to be an issue with your signal. Billing issues typically show as the channel not tuning at all because the CableCARD doesn't have the correct authorization information. Also, do you have SDV or a Tuning Adapter?
I will look into whether it is sdv or tuning adapter, I assume a tuning adapter is something the cable co gives you, no I do not have one, I hook straight in to 2650. it stayed activated about 3 hours and dropped, I unplugged it to move some wires around. btw it also changed its ipaddress could that be part of the issue?
post #458 of 479 Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
If you have sdv, the sdv channels will not work without a ta. If any channels that are not local are working, then you may need a ta. In Rochester espn is not sdv, but espn2 is...
post #459 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 AM

idk every thing worked as it should for several months and it still works until I lose my activation
post #460 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Can you post screen shots of the web GUI showing the signal strength and symbol quality for the affected channels? Pixelazation sounds to be an issue with your signal.

post #461 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtarky View Post

Quote:

I will look into whether it is sdv or tuning adapter, I assume a tuning adapter is something the cable co gives you, no I do not have one, I hook straight in to 2650. it stayed activated about 3 hours and dropped, I unplugged it to move some wires around. btw it also changed its ipaddress could that be part of the issue?

What router are you using? Any switches? Maybe the signal loss is in your network and not in the cable feed to the tuner.

post #462 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 AM
AVS Special Member

One more thing. Maybe the CableCo just changed to using SDV? Did they add any (HD) channels to your line up recently?

post #463 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:

Can you post screen shots of the web GUI showing the signal strength and symbol quality for the affected channels? Pixelazation sounds to be an issue with your signal.
well it hasnt been activated for a few weeks, well it was for 3 hours yesterday , once it stays up long enough for me to do a screenshot, I'll do it. So you dont think its the video card?
post #464 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:

One more thing. Maybe the CableCo just changed to using SDV? Did they add any (HD) channels to your line up recently?
no, I dont think so, I even have issues with their hd setop box, some "basic" hd channels are not coming it at all either. the tech that came out said both issue are account issue....I somehow doubt it. When I talked to the local office they said there are only 6 m-card users in our area
post #465 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:46 AM

as far as the ip address I am talking about the address of the 2650, sometimes I have to run ipconfig and go one number less than what is displayed , it seems to change a lot. before I figured out that little trick I email hauppuage , they told me to reinstall the drivers lol.
post #466 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

, sometimes I have to run ipconfig and go one number less than what is displayed l.

What are you referring to here?
post #467 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 06:05 AM

the "web address" of the 2650 so you can see the settings, tell if its activated, get the host and data id
post #468 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

the "web address" of the 2650 so you can see the settings, tell if its activated, get the host and data id

But just to document it, correct? It can't be adjusted, can it?
post #469 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

What router are you using? Any switches? Maybe the signal loss is in your network and not in the cable feed to the tuner. If the IP address of the tuner keeps changing you should make it permanent by not using DHCP in the router but manually setting it.

If the signal loss is not in your network, which it may not be because you said their STB is not working either, I think things are pointing to a bad signal on their end.

Please help us help you.

post #470 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner View Post

But just to document it, correct? It can't be adjusted, can it?
no it can't be adjusted. I believe it gets set during the driver install, creates a network connector, if you look in your networks you will see it.
post #471 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 09:47 AM

i dont know what you are hoping to see when it isnt activated lol..

post #472 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I bought one of these back in December. It worked flawlessly until July. But it is the cable company's issue. I have Fidelity cable, around july they changed their billing software and whatever activates the MCArD. I would have to wait a week for technician to come to give him the numbers to activate it. the local office is helpful if I have time to go in person, I can never get them on the phone, the corporate office seems to know nothing about mcards. It would work until the next saturday then drop off again, I sent techsupport a email with the info....nothing waited a week for a tech to give them my info, drops again next saturday, sent another email sunday night, this time they call me in the morning saying its fixed, that worked again until saturday over the next 2 weeks emails were ignored until the tech comes. They are now saying its a billing issue and are trying to figure it out. Does anyone have any good tricks help with the pixillation on the HD channels, I might be out of luck with the video card ati hd3200 I think.

Breaking this into coherent sentences and even a paragraph or two would be beneficial. You have several different thoughts there that are not fully related thereby creating the need for separate paragraphs.

I see here now that you indicate that it is not activated. That simply requires the right "hits" be sent from the head end to the card to activate it and it needs to be told what package you have and that is where the billing part comes into play.

You also talk about pixelization on the HD channels in this post. What HD channels? These must be the locals or whatever isn't encrypted and not requiring a CableCARD at all. The pixelization is a signal issue with either the signal from the cable company, your internal RG 6 (hopefully it isn't RG 59) or your network. As the signal quality and strength looks good in the screen shot I'd say that it is a network issue. Know your network infrastructure comes into play here and that is why I asked about that. In addition to the router and/or switch information, what cabling are you using? Are you using a wireless bridge?

Lastly, you talk about your video card which I think should be fine for HDTV as it was working before but maybe it is going bad and causing your pixelization issues.

post #473 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Breaking this into coherent sentences and even a paragraph or two would be beneficial. You have several different thoughts there that are not fully related thereby creating the need for separate paragraphs.

I see here now that you indicate that it is not activated. That simply requires the right "hits" be sent from the head end to the card to activate it and it needs to be told what package you have and that is where the billing part comes into play.

You also talk about pixelization on the HD channels in this post. What HD channels? These must be the locals or whatever isn't encrypted and not requiring a CableCARD at all. The pixelization is a signal issue with either the signal from the cable company, your internal RG 6 (hopefully it isn't RG 59) or your network. As the signal quality and strength looks good in the screen shot I'd say that it is a network issue. Know your network infrastructure comes into play here and that is why I asked about that. In addition to the router and/or switch information, what cabling are you using? Are you using a wireless bridge?

Lastly, you talk about your video card which I think should be fine for HDTV as it was working before but maybe it is going bad and causing your pixelization issues.
sorry should've broken it up some , when it is working the encrypted channels pixilate and jump some, I was thinking it was the video card. I will look into the signal issue when everything is working. T
he rg6/59 is plugged directly in to the 2650. I do not know how the ip network ties into this, please explain. the computer(home theater pc) is connected directly to 2650 by USB , during the driver install it creates a network connection with the 2650.
post #474 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry, I was thinking of the HD Homerun Prime which is upon what the 2650 is based. The 2650 is not a network tuner. It may be a failing card, come to think of it.

post #475 of 479 Old 09-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Sorry, I was thinking of the HD Homerun Prime which is upon what the 2650 is based. The 2650 is not a network tuner. It may be a failing card, come to think of it.
card has been replaced twice, but then it could be bad too.
post #476 of 479 Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 PM

man, I think part of the problem is the DATA id keeps on changing. Is anyone else having that issue?
post #477 of 479 Old 04-30-2014, 06:03 PM

Hello not sure if anyone monitors this anymore but my 2650 has been working fine for the last 6 months then today no tuner lights. I have tried reinstalling and activating on Comcast but still no lights? Any ideas?

post #478 of 479 Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Did you try the diagnostics web pages?
poiuyt0000 likes this.
post #479 of 479 Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post

Did you try the diagnostics web pages?

I muddled around a bit there not sure what it really means. It does say "none" under tuners.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page