Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650 Dual Cable Card Tuner For US Market! - Page 17 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 481 Old Today, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtarky View Post
Hello, back again. I finally had my card stay activated for about a year.YAY. Unfortunately Sunday I noticed new firmware was available for it, I had firmware version 2011xxxx. Something was telling me DO NOT DO THIS! But did I listen ...NO! I installed new firmware , web gui page kept its ip address and the card stayed activated. I am even able to detect channels. however WMC says no cablecard detected.

I have even ran hwclear script and reinstalled it. I still am able to do everything in web gui, but WMC still doesnt detect.
First lesson with drivers, if it ain't broke.... Only people that need to concern themselves with constantly tweaked drivers is gamers, since they are constantly benchmarking their hardware, any incremental improvement is celebrated like somebody had a baby.

Anyway, hell has froze over and after being with DirecTV since 1992, the parental units have decided enough was enough.

We have a TWC truck roll coming up on March 3rd. I don't have all the details but I believe we'll be getting all the same channels so if that's the case, I will be getting a standard HD cable box, yuck.

Can I just pull the card from the cable box and insert it into the DCR-2650? Or do I need a special M-card and do I need to let TWC CS about that?

The upside is all my local HD's will finally be available instead of the current mix of some HD (CBS, NBC, KTLA for those in LA) and SD (ABC, FOX and UPN/MyTV). The only thing I tend to record off the majors is NASCAR which is on Fox half the season.

Other than that, no major changes that I can tell.

Do trucks normally have the tuner adapters on-board or again is that an item I need to request?

Thanks

A. Thomas -
GSN: djfourmoney
'03 SRT-4 12.74@106 in the 1/4
PSN - DJFourMoney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page