AMD Fusion problem with HDMI output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've setup and HTPC based on the Sapphire Pure Fusion (AMD E-350 APU). When I connect it via HDMI to my Panasonic 1080p plasma TV (TC-P54G20) I cannot get any video (or audio) output. I cannot even see the BIOS startup screen.

When I connect it to my older LG PJ550 plasma (which is only a 720p TV, but accepts 1080p input signal via HDMI), with the same HDMI cable (High Speed HDMI from Monoprice) everything is working perfectly, I get both video and sound. I can set the resolution to 1080p in Catalyst CC and the TV info correctly shows 1080p 60.

While connected to the LG I set the resolution in CCC to 720p, shut down the computer and re-connected to the Panasonic. I still could not see the BIOS startup messages, but once Windows 7 started and the video driver loaded I could get video and audio output. Once in Windows I started playing with screen resolutions in CCC. I could get it to work with 1080i and 1080p 24Hz, but not with 1080p 60Hz or 1080p 59Hz.

I've also tried connecting it to my projector (Epson 8700UB, a 1080p projector). Again, no output during boot or after Windows loaded. After 30s or so the projector displayed a message saying Resolution Not Supported and then displayed a horizontal frequency, which unfortunately I have not written down, but it was something like 41 or 43 point something (either Hz or Khz) and 59 point something Hz for the vertical frequency.

I have already exchanged the motherboard with the same results, so I don't think it is a hardware fault. I was thinking it may be the HDMI cable, but it works fine with my LG TV. I'm stumped. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page