How to switch to composite or s-video input on TV Tuner using Windows 7 Media Center? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have an ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCI tuner card that has a breakout connector for s-video or composite video in. What I'd like to know is how to switch to the composite or s-video inputs using Windows 7 Media center. It only seems to show the QAM Tuner and the ATSC tuner.

I know with Windows XP, ATI had this Catalyst Media Center software that allowed you to do it, but they don't have that software for Windows 7.

If what I'm asking for cannot be done with Windows 7 MC, is there some other software I can use to switch to the analog inputs on the card?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
In TV setup you say you have a stb, this will use the analog capture device in 7MC.

post #3 of 5 Old 08-04-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post
In TV setup you say you have a stb, this will use the analog capture device in 7MC.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't see that before, but tell me how do I choose between s-video and composite? Also, why does it ask me for a MC remote with IR crap?
post #4 of 5 Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I never tried using that model but I think it will just use which ever one you have connected as most of the analog capture cards can only do 1 stream so it's an either or for the analog inputs. It looks for the MCE IR receiver because it wants to use it's IR blaster for channel changes, I'm not sure if there's a work around for this but you don't need to use it other than during set up, in the past I've set up an analog capture card and used firewire for channel changes but I have MCE IR receive that I just connected during the initial tuner set up as I have a built in IRtrans receiver that I use on that HTPC, once I was done I remove the MCE IR receiver and switch to firewire.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4 View Post

I never tried using that model but I think it will just use which ever one you have connected as most of the analog capture cards can only do 1 stream so it's an either or for the analog inputs. It looks for the MCE IR receiver because it wants to use it's IR blaster for channel changes, I'm not sure if there's a work around for this but you don't need to use it other than during set up, in the past I've set up an analog capture card and used firewire for channel changes but I have MCE IR receive that I just connected during the initial tuner set up as I have a built in IRtrans receiver that I use on that HTPC, once I was done I remove the MCE IR receiver and switch to firewire.

Thanks, but the problem is that I do not have either a MCE remote or an IR blaster thing. I guess I will need to look into some other software that will allow me to view and record composite/s-video inputs from my card. Any suggestions? ATI Catalyst Media center only seems to be for XP and it isn't very good software.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page