post #271 of 1235 Old 09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudfrog View Post

Gonna give the demo a shot tonight. I wish I knew it had DLNA capabilities as I just bought Mezzmo the other day. Anyone know if they are going to offer bluray support in the future?

BluRays already play in MC16 from the disc, as m2ts files, mpls playlists or BDMV folder structures. It automatically chooses the main feature. If there are multiple 'episodes' as in a TV show, you can also import and tag the m2ts files separately and they'll also play.
What MC doesn't have is BD menu navigations as yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1235 Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post

I'm not sure what your setup is, but Bob Sorel seemed to think it was working fine in MC. Have you confirmed the same mkv doesn't work in MC16, but does on a Sigma SOC device?
I'll try to test this myself, but I believe all was working fine unless a recent build broke this. Have you configured this in Options>Video>Subtitles and Language?

Can you give me an example of a movie that has forced subs so I can test it?

I have a number of files that contain forced subs, but the ones I have been using for testing are Hunt For Red October and X-Men First Class, only because the subs appear early in the movie and I don't have to search for them. Yes, these and others work fine on the PCH A-200 (the subtitles, that is).

My set up is fairly simple, an older HP box with Intel Core 2 Duo at 2. something gHz (I'm at work and not in front of the box), 4 GB memory, and a new Nvidia GT430 graphics card. I wiped the hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7.

What should be the setttings under "Options>Video>Subtitles and Language" for forced subs only?
post #273 of 1235 Old 09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBob57 View Post

I have a number of files that contain forced subs, but the ones I have been using for testing are Hunt For Red October and X-Men First Class, only because the subs appear early in the movie and I don't have to search for them. Yes, these and others work fine on the PCH A-200 (the subtitles, that is).

My set up is fairly simple, an older HP box with Intel Core 2 Duo at 2. something gHz (I'm at work and not in front of the box), 4 GB memory, and a new Nvidia GT430 graphics card. I wiped the hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7.

What should be the setttings under "Options>Video>Subtitles and Language" for forced subs only?

Funny that you mention the X-men movie. I checked this earlier today, before I saw your posts, and I either have to have English subs on or off; they don't appear magically for the early German parts.

The way it should be is to have audio set for English, and then subtitles set to appear only if the audio is not the default language. I'll see if there's some help on this on the Interact forum.
post #274 of 1235 Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Liked: 10
Trying out this app and having quite a few issues. It moves fairly slow between functions. Bluray takes about 30+ seconds to initiate and errors saying it could not download the LAV splitter filter. Overall it just goes very slowly between music, video, etc.. I have a decent enough HTPC so I would not think that is the cause.

Athlon X3 450 (i think) 3.2GHz
Gigabyte mobo
4GB Patriot Gaming DDR2 800
4850 1GB HDMI
1TB WD Caviar Black (OS and Programs / Games)
2TB WD Green (Music / Videos)
LG Bluray Drive

Main HT
Speakers: Polk Audio CS2, Monitor 70's, Monitor 30's, BIC F12 12" Sub
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR809
TV: 47" Vizio 120hz 1080p SV470XVT
HTPC: Intel Core i3-3220, 8GB DDR3 1600, 560ti 1GB, 3TB of HDD's, LG Bluray
Bluray: Pioneer BDP-150
Gaming: HTPC, Xbox 360, Wii
Other: Turtle Beach X41 7.1 Headset,...
post #275 of 1235 Old 09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Trying out this app and having quite a few issues. It moves fairly slow between functions. Bluray takes about 30+ seconds to initiate and errors saying it could not download the LAV splitter filter. Overall it just goes very slowly between music, video, etc.. I have a decent enough HTPC so I would not think that is the cause.

Athlon X3 450 (i think) 3.2GHz
Gigabyte mobo
4GB Patriot Gaming DDR2 800
4850 1GB HDMI
1TB WD Caviar Black (OS and Programs / Games)
2TB WD Green (Music / Videos)
LG Bluray Drive

This seems like a firewall/virus-checker issue.
post #276 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 03:09 AM

Not a firewall issue. I'm assuming maybe the site was down or something as it seems to work now.

I tried playing back a m2ts file and it was very choppy.. played fine in VLC. Anyone know what setting I should look for? I did enable HW acceleration.

Overall though, I like the program's design I just wish it was much more responsive.

Main HT
post #277 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 AM

Quote:

Not a firewall issue. I'm assuming maybe the site was down or something as it seems to work now.

I tried playing back a m2ts file and it was very choppy.. played fine in VLC. Anyone know what setting I should look for? I did enable HW acceleration.

Overall though, I like the program's design I just wish it was much more responsive.

Hey mudfrog,
I can't offer much in the way of real help, but I've noticed several times when working with fresh installs of JRMC that it was occasionally slow and seemed to hang at times. This has disappeared with no intervention on my part after maybe 30 minutes of use. It may be that auto import was running, maybe something else...

I run MC on a Celeron 2 core machine and an old Wolfdale 2 core (both with little Nvidia cards) and it has always been a quick interface with no lag upon inputs, and great audio, DVD and now Bluray playback.

You're right about the site being down last night, RO couldn't download what it was searching for until about 8:00 PM central time for me. I finally tried the forum and website and they were down.
post #278 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I had some choppiness the first time I setup JRiver and it turned out to be related to sound settings in MC. Make sure you are not set up as Direct Sound. Set it to WASPI Exclusive. The RO (not RO+HQ) should be correct at this stage. I set HW acceleration to automatic. Be sure to have the latest version (.168 now I believe).
Also, you should not have to download or setup anything "outside" of MC. All of the splitters/filters/renderes are done automatically within JRiver MC.
post #279 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post

I had some choppiness the first time I setup JRiver and it turned out to be related to sound settings in MC. Make sure you are not set up as Direct Sound. Set it to WASPI Exclusive. The RO (not RO+HQ) should be correct at this stage. I set HW acceleration to automatic. Be sure to have the latest version (.168 now I believe).
Also, you should not have to download or setup anything "outside" of MC. All of the splitters/filters/renderes are done automatically within JRiver MC.

A very good point about the sound output setting. I've had it at wasapi so long, that I forgot about the problems I had with directsound ages ago.
Also, MC may be building thumbnails for a little while if lots of new files have just been imported. This does tax the system a little too.
post #280 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhwidget View Post

Hey mudfrog,
I can't offer much in the way of real help, but I've noticed several times when working with fresh installs of JRMC that it was occasionally slow and seemed to hang at times. This has disappeared with no intervention on my part after maybe 30 minutes of use. It may be that auto import was running, maybe something else...

I run MC on a Celeron 2 core machine and an old Wolfdale 2 core (both with little Nvidia cards) and it has always been a quick interface with no lag upon inputs, and great audio, DVD and now Bluray playback.

You're right about the site being down last night, RO couldn't download what it was searching for until about 8:00 PM central time for me. I finally tried the forum and website and they were down.

Ok, I figured it might be that it was still acquiring thumbnails as I have a ton of media but thought I would mention it as I did not know if it would affect trying to view netflix, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post

The sound is set on Direct Sound, I left this alone as it was set as default and I had no idea what it meant. I set my audio to SPDIF out in another menu and basically just left the rest alone. I'll try the WASPI when I get home. Any other settings I should look into?

Main HT
post #281 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I gave this a try yesterday. Music files were already tagged and I didn't see any problem with them. After a couple hours trying to get it to scrape my video files properly I gave up. Here's how I tested it:

I made 3 local folders, Movies, Music, and TVShows. Structure for Movies was Movies\\DrNo\\DrNo.mkv. TVShows was
TVShows\\Torchwood\\Season 01\\Torchwood.SXXEXX.720p.somestuff.mkv
TVShows\\The Walking Dead\\Season 01\ he.walking.dead.SXXEXX.720p.somestuff.mkv

I was able to get it to scrape Dr. No. As for the TV shows, I could not get it to automatically find the series, and when I typed in the search phrase all I could get was the series info - no episode info.

I'll admit I have some biases here. I'm currently using XBMC and it works well in many areas. I also am very impressed with Jriver and their responsiveness to user requests. I really want to be able to use JRMC.

I've started a thread in a forum for Media Center Master. It is a media info scraping tool that supports WMC, XBMC, and MC(?). I requested support for JRMC. If MCM can add support for JRMC it'll go along way in making the setup/ongoing maintenance of media for JRMC user friendly. I'll post back as it progresses (or doesn't).
post #282 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post

I made 3 local folders, Movies, Music, and TVShows. Structure for Movies was Movies\\DrNo\\DrNo.mkv. TVShows was
TVShows\\Torchwood\\Season 01\\Torchwood.SXXEXX.720p.somestuff.mkv
TVShows\\The Walking Dead\\Season 01\ he.walking.dead.SXXEXX.720p.somestuff.mkv

I use MyMovies Collection Management (its free for the basic stuff - which is all you need). MM will download the Movie or TV Series data automatically. Then you setup JRiver to monitor/import from the three Folders/Directories you mentioned. Most of the data goes into the right place but some of it needs to be moved or added in JRiver. When I rip a TV Series, I create a file name simialr to yours. Then you go into JRiver program and use "fill data fields from file name" (you can rip a bunch of TV Shows at the same time, then just do the data fix/adjustment once by selecting all the new rips) and then you set it up so the data is imported from the filename like [Series].S[season]E[Episode].[size].[Name] and it will fill in all the data fields for you.
post #283 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok, I figured it might be that it was still acquiring thumbnails as I have a ton of media but thought I would mention it as I did not know if it would affect trying to view netflix, etc.

The sound is set on Direct Sound, I left this alone as it was set as default and I had no idea what it meant. I set my audio to SPDIF out in another menu and basically just left the rest alone. I'll try the WASPI when I get home. Any other settings I should look into?

I rip all my movies to 5.1 (or 7.1 if available) but watch them on different TVs. On my bedroom set I only have 2-channel, and I had some trouble when a 5.1 (or 7.1) movie was played on my 2.0 set, so I had to go into MC (under Audio>Setings>DSP & Output Settings>Output Format) and set it to play everything as 2.0.

Of course this is only done on the MC in the bedroom, the family room MC is set up for 7.1 sound. I have separate HTPCs at each TV and stream from a central Server.
post #284 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBob57 View Post

What I find hard to understand is why this can be done properly on a cheap Sigma SOC in a media streamer (Popcorn Hour) yet is so difficult to do with far more elaborate software based programs.

BTW, just so we are talking on the same page, "proper" forced subtitle behavior I define as when subtitles are turned off in the setup of the system, the "forced" flag will still generate the appropriate subtitles on the screen. The current Popcorn Hour does this flawlessly with MKV files containing muxed in subtitles with the forced flag set using MKVMerge.

See Nevcairiel's answer in this thread I started for you in the J River forums:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66232.0
post #285 of 1235 Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroTerl View Post

I was able to get it to scrape Dr. No. As for the TV shows, I could not get it to automatically find the series, and when I typed in the search phrase all I could get was the series info - no episode info.

What you have to know is that this file name parsing have JUST been added to the latest builds. I think it's safe to say that it's a work in progress. Should not be many builds before the result is good though.
post #286 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Changed the audio type from Directsound and it did help but I'm still having issues with semi jerky playback. Every 5 seconds or so is how often it's happening now.

Main HT
post #287 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Changed the audio type from Directsound and it did help but I'm still having issues with semi jerky playback. Every 5 seconds or so is how often it's happening now.

What type of content are you playing?
Eg file type, codec, fps, RO standard or HQ.
Are you playing PAL 25fps DVDs for example?
What's the hardware, including refresh rate of your screen?
post #288 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Is there any chance there will be a version of the free audio player that supports ASIO for some $$$?
post #289 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post
Is there any chance there will be a version of the free audio player that supports ASIO for some $$$?
Doubtful. But you can remove parts you don't want from MC16. Tools/Options/General/Features.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #290 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:

Bob, can you tell me how you configured the program to display only forced subs without having to select the subs? I can't seem to make this work properly. I am referring to MKV with subs muxed into the stream and "forced" flag set using MKVMerge.

Sorry I am so late getting back here.

I didn't do anything special, but after reading the posts since your question, maybe it has something to do with the way that I have forced subs muxed into my .MKV files. I ALWAYS create a separate sub stream for forced subs regardless of whether the original sub stream had the forced subs mixed in with regular subs or not. Then when I mux the streams using mkvmerge, I set the "default track flag" and the "forced track flag" to "no" for regular sub streams and then set both flags to "yes" for the separate forced sub stream. JRMC16 played back the forced subs by default, yet when I right clicked on the video during playback, I could see any and all other sub streams that I had muxed and could choose them easily, regardless of format. I leave it set at "Forced Subtitles (auto)". This choice is found when you right click on the video, and then go to "subtitles" - the option will only exist if JRMC16 finds a proper "forced" subtitle track. I have no idea what JRMC16 will do if the forced subs are in the same stream as the regular subs or if the flags are set differently than I have described.
post #291 of 1235 Old 09-04-2011, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Bob and iBob,
It seems that the issue of forced subtitles will be looked into soon, when Matt/Monkey returns from vacation.
post #292 of 1235 Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post

Doubtful. But you can remove parts you don't want from MC16. Tools/Options/General/Features.

Thanks,

Will try and see what it gives...
post #293 of 1235 Old 09-05-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

You can also "hide" services like Performer and Amazon under Tools/Plug-in Manager/Stores so it will look about like this:

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/8D12431...?432184430.jpg

post #294 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Well, well, well... the audio is as amazing as I've read about here...

I removed all unwanted stuff and kept only the audio part as suggested by JR...

I'm doing ASIO with an E-MU0404 card...

I'm only using the EQ a little... the output quality throws mediamonkey in the trash can...

On the commercial side, I guess the cost is the cost, using audio only or using the full blown application...

I wish it was possible to pay for a license key that only activates the audio...

I'll keep testing and we shall see...
post #295 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, how do you bitstream audio out directly to your receiver (or pre/pro)? For example, in my remuxed Blu-ray to .MKV files I want JRMC16 to decode multi-channel FLAC streams (which it seems to be doing just fine), but I want to bitstream plain old vanilla AC3 and DTS directly to my pre/pro. I can't find a place to do that...or does JRMC16 insist on decoding EVERYTHING and then sending it out as multi-channel PCM?

Oh, and what is the difference between "WASAPI" and "WASAPI - event style"? Is "WASAPI - event style" the same thing as "WASAPI exclusive mode"?
post #296 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post

Ok, how do you bitstream audio out directly to your receiver (or pre/pro)? For example, in my remuxed Blu-ray to .MKV files I want JRMC16 to decode multi-channel FLAC streams (which it seems to be doing just fine), but I want to bitstream plain old vanilla AC3 and DTS directly to my pre/pro. I can't find a place to do that...or does JRMC16 insist on decoding EVERYTHING and then sending it out as multi-channel PCM?

Oh, and what is the difference between "WASAPI" and "WASAPI - event style"? Is "WASAPI - event style" the same thing as "WASAPI exclusive mode"?

Bob

Tools\\Options\\Video\\Bitstream should do the trick

Can't answer the question on WASAPI though sorry.
post #297 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Tools\\Options\\Video\\Bitstream should do the trick

Ah...silly me, looking for *audio* bitstreaming in the *audio* section...

Thanks, steelman!
post #298 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Ah...silly me, looking for *audio* bitstreaming in the *audio* section...

Thanks, steelman!

LOL - yes perhaps one of the less intuitive areas of the GUI, but its there.
post #299 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are two different ways of talking to the sound device. They are not the same as Exclusive. That is optional for either (in the line below the mode selection).

Here's a little more:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

post #300 of 1235 Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Jim! I can't get over how easy it is to set up JRMC16! I just needed to make a few audio and video choices and everything works perfectly. Tonight I watched a movie using WASAPI - event style in exclusive mode and everything played back perfectly smoothly...no hiccups at all. Once again, it just works! You have no idea how much I struggled trying to get WASAPI exclusive mode to work correctly with other programs...

BTW, what is the recommended audio card to use with JRMC...the best bang for the buck in terms of DAC quality and compatibility with JRMC? I know it probably doesn't matter much when bitstreaming, but I think I would like to try letting JRMC decode everything once I have a card with good enough DACs.

You know, at some point someone should put together a recommended list of parts, a system that will work to provide the best audio and video quality for the least amount of bucks....a lazy man's guide to a maximum performing HTPC...

The one last hurdle I need to overcome is to get JRMC16 to play back film material at 24 fps and video at 60 fps automatically...that is, simply follow the source frame rate. I'm sure it is in there somewhere, but I haven't had the time to look around yet.

I really love this program!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page