JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > JRiver Media Center Owner's Thread
Eagle784's Avatar Eagle784 12:29 PM 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post

It's too soon to say. We'll know more in a couple of weeks.

Curious if there's any update on this, or CableCard support in general. Thanks.

andersa's Avatar andersa 01:12 PM 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gaw2 View Post

Thanks for the reply. Have tried both ASIO and WASAPI and still get the message that the computer won't acept 88 or 176 thruogh its sound controller either out through SPDIF or HDMI to my pre-pro even though the pre-pro will accept thos sampling rates.. Also, ASIO won't accept multi-channel.
MC 17 gives me the option to change to 48 kHz, or 44 if I set that in DSP.
On the other hand if I ourtput through SPDIF or USB to my 2 channle M2TECH USB DAC which has its own drivers, the sopund controller does show 88 and 176 kHz. and the M2Tech DAC will then dec ode them in 2 channel
I have several 24/88 and 176 7.1 recordings that I would like to output through HDMI to the pre-pro. Can MC17 cohnterol the sound controller to do this or do the drivers have to come from Windoews or the motherboards bios?

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?
I've read in other threads on this board that Nvidia GPUs can be finicky in what sample rates they support. With my Intel based systems (one Clarkdale, the other Sandy Bridge), I have no problem passing 44, 48, 88, 96 or 192 (I don't recall having any recordings @ 176, so I don't think I have tried that).

/Anders
jriver's Avatar jriver 02:38 PM 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle784 View Post

Curious if there's any update on this, or CableCard support in general. Thanks.

Not yet. Sorry.
jriver's Avatar jriver 02:45 PM 01-09-2012
Bill,
Try Control Panel > Sounds. If you can't get it there, try updating drivers.

I had a similar problem a while age:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65165.0

Jim
HD-Laserdisc's Avatar HD-Laserdisc 11:31 AM 01-18-2012
Is there a way to use Dolby Pro-Logic IIx/z with MC? My card's drivers support IIx but since the card's control panel takes over audio after MC does (at least I think it does - X-Meridian), I won't be able to use most of MC's niceties (Room correction etc.). Also, is there an update on DVB-S? Amazing software, btw.
fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 12:14 PM 01-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Laserdisc View Post

Is there a way to use Dolby Pro-Logic IIx/z with MC? My card's drivers support IIx but since the card's control panel takes over audio after MC does (at least I think it does - X-Meridian), I won't be able to use most of MC's niceties (Room correction etc.). Also, is there an update on DVB-S? Amazing software, btw.

A popular method is to use JRSS to upmix to 7 channels instead of Dolby IIx. From all accounts it works as well as, or better than ProLogic IIx. Of course, if you have a 7.1 AVR, instead of just an amplifier, it might be able to apply IIx/IIz to the incoming, unadulterated, signal as another workaround.

Personally, I don't do any DSPs or room correction in JRiver MC, rather bitstreaming and letting my high end receiver apply IIx and then Audyssey DSX for a 9.2 output.
HD-Laserdisc's Avatar HD-Laserdisc 12:35 PM 01-18-2012
Thanks fitbrit, I know about JRSS and will try it soon, although IIx too would be nice. My amp is old with no HDMI, I'm using its 7.1 analog inputs.

Another problem is my 6.1 speaker setup (single surround back). Most configurations (including jRMC's) offer only 5.1/7.1, so I'm not sure how JRSS will behave if I set it to 7.1.
fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 12:55 PM 01-18-2012
There was a thread on Interact recently about using JRSS in a 6.1 configuration. Check it out - it may be useful for you.
jriver's Avatar jriver 09:57 AM 01-19-2012
Our latest version (17.0) is now considered stable. Here's the newsletter we're sending:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69282.0
fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 08:05 PM 01-19-2012
Quote:

Our latest version (17.0) is now considered stable. Here's the newsletter we're sending:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69282.0

Congratulations.
HD-Laserdisc's Avatar HD-Laserdisc 07:09 AM 01-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbrit View Post

There was a thread on Interact recently about using JRSS in a 6.1 configuration. Check it out - it may be useful for you.

Are you referring to this? I couldn't find another one. I think it's about what happens when the source is 6.1 but not about a desired 6.1 output. Also, Windows itself doesn't seem to support 6.1 output, only the usual 5.1/7.1. Maybe it's up to the audio card drivers, too.

update: Best solution I can think of, is to use the Parametric Equalizer to add the rear right to the rear left, so that the rear left will act as rear mono.
jriver's Avatar jriver 01:41 PM 02-06-2012
17.0.82 is on the Download page at jriver.com now. It has a couple of new 3D animated list styles. Here's "Flow":

More pictures

It also has automated lookup of "Movie and TV Info" on import.
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571 04:47 PM 02-06-2012
Does anyone else have extremely poor performance in JRiver over their network? I started a post at the Jriver forums here, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. I noticed that when I'm trying to stream a blu-ray, my computer says I'm downloading at less than 1 Mb/s over the network, which is clearly not good enough to stream a blu-ray. The same files copy over my network at 800 Mb/s, and they also playback perfectly over my network using Plex.
jriver's Avatar jriver 05:11 PM 02-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

Does anyone else have extremely poor performance in JRiver over their network? I started a post at the Jriver forums here, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. I noticed that when I'm trying to stream a blu-ray, my computer says I'm downloading at less than 1 Mb/s over the network, which is clearly not good enough to stream a blu-ray. The same files copy over my network at 800 Mb/s, and they also playback perfectly over my network using Plex.

Would it be possible to start a new thread on this? I don't think it's an issue with JRiver Media Center.

Or continue with the thread you started on our forum. You had some pretty good help there.

A virus checker could explain the problem.
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571 06:10 PM 02-06-2012
Quote:

Would it be possible to start a new thread on this? I don't think it's an issue with JRiver Media Center.

Or continue with the thread you started on our forum. You had some pretty good help there.

A virus checker could explain the problem.

I was just trying to get some more insight on this forum. I should have updated my original post though (I have now). Anti-virus software is not the problem.
lockdown571's Avatar lockdown571 07:13 PM 02-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post

I was just trying to get some more insight on this forum. I should have updated my original post though (I have now). Anti-virus software is not the problem.

Sorry Jriver, I think you were right after all. Uninstalling Windows Security Essentials seemed to have worked (see my post on the Jriver forums). Thanks for the help!
jriver's Avatar jriver 08:52 PM 02-06-2012
Good news. Thanks for reporting the solution.
jriver's Avatar jriver 08:06 AM 02-09-2012
QAM support is available for cable TV now. It's in MC17.0.85, just released here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69917.0
gsr's Avatar gsr 08:35 AM 02-09-2012
Quote:

QAM support is available for cable TV now. It's in MC17.0.85, just released here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69917.0

Am I correct in assuming this means you still don't have support for the Ceton InfiniTV 4 tuner, even for copy freely channels? Assuming that's the case, are you still looking into adding support for the Ceton (and other) CableCard tuners?
jriver's Avatar jriver 08:45 AM 02-09-2012
No cablecard support yet.
sebberry's Avatar sebberry 01:25 AM 02-15-2012
I just downloaded JRiver v17 and the first thing I noticed was the cover art for my movies.

It appears that there's no way for JRiver to match the cover art to the actual disc that I have. For example, in MyMovies I can select Blu-ray or DVD version when I add the movie to the collection and it will automatically grab the correct cover.

Because JRiver automatically adds media to the library, I don't have the option to select the correct cover art. Or am I missing this somewhere?

Thanks.
jriver's Avatar jriver 05:29 AM 02-15-2012
You can choose your cover if you right click on a single movie, then use "Get Movie & TV Info". On import or when you select multiples, it is automatic.

In the Theater View mode called "Flow", the BD & DVD discs are distinguished by the logos at the bottom of the screen.
perpetual98's Avatar perpetual98 07:42 AM 02-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post

Because JRiver automatically adds media to the library, I don't have the option to select the correct cover art. Or am I missing this somewhere?

For the most part, JRiver MC snags information correctly. The best software that I used for grabbing metadata/covers (not MC compatible) was MetaBrowser, but when they went from Free to Paid it lost a lot of the functionality that I liked, go figure.

As jriver mentioned, you can search individual movies manually.

You can still manually download folder.jpg files into the individual folders and then right-click on the movies and there's something under Cover Art to search for the folder.jpg files. I had hundreds of folder.jpg files from when I used to run MediaBrowser, but all of those files (folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, backdrop1.jpg, etc) were all one level above the VIDEO_TS folder which MC didn't recognize. I think they've changed that in a recent build. I'm not sure where MC is grabbing backdrop files from, perhaps it streams them to a database on use. I don't think it's using my local ones that I had previously.
jriver's Avatar jriver 05:15 PM 02-16-2012
Bill Gaw2's Avatar Bill Gaw2 07:27 AM 03-02-2012
Anybody know if there is a videocard with HDMI output whose drivers will definately pass 24/88 and 176 kHz multichannel audio. My motherboard HDMI output will allow 16/88 and 176 multichannel but not 24 bit and my Geforce GTS450 video card will only asllow pasthrough of 44,48,96 and 192 kHz signals.
Am reviewer and need to b e able to play 24/88 and 172 kHz files bit perfect.

Bill Gaw
Mnoe's Avatar Mnoe 12:40 PM 03-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gaw2 View Post

Anybody know if there is a videocard with HDMI output whose drivers will definately pass 24/88 and 176 kHz multichannel audio. My motherboard HDMI output will allow 16/88 and 176 multichannel but not 24 bit and my Geforce GTS450 video card will only asllow pasthrough of 44,48,96 and 192 kHz signals.
Am reviewer and need to b e able to play 24/88 and 172 kHz files bit perfect.

Bill Gaw

I have an HD6570 that does both fine with jRiver in WASAPI Excl output HDMI to an Onkyo TX-NR906.
Bill Gaw2's Avatar Bill Gaw2 11:48 AM 03-06-2012
Thank you MNOE
Mfusick's Avatar Mfusick 07:41 PM 03-06-2012
I am about to install it and give it a try... wish me luck
fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 08:11 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I am about to install it and give it a try... wish me luck

Good luck - hope you won't need it. If you get stuck, it really is worth asking the questions of the Interac forum. Try to keep the same user name there so we can identify you and say hi.
assassin's Avatar assassin 08:16 PM 03-07-2012
For those of you who use my guides I now have started to provide JRiver guides (created by GreenEyez here at AVS). The first 5 are posted. I now have 98 guides in total to hopefully get just about everyone and anyone into HTPC.

I am also going to post some audiophile guides that were created for me by an audiophile partner of mine a few months ago. Those will take time to get just right as they are very dense and very wordy.

Enjoy.

Link
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop