post #1232 of 1454 Old 08-23-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
No, it was on the interact forum. I started the thread so that Jriver would know why I decided to stay with XBMC instead of going to Jriver MC. I feel that there's a lot of value in that information - it allows the developers to understand (albeit from one person's view) what things can be viewed as important. The thread, if it was still around, wouldn't be of much help any more as both softwares have gone through a couple major releases since then.
post #1233 of 1454 Old 08-25-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just downloaded the trial version and have a question about the audio setup.

I have connected my laptop to my anthem mrx 510 receiver via hdmi. I understand that wasapi is the best option for the audio device. I'm given an option for conexant wasapi and mrx x10 wasapi.

Which is the correct setting?

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2
Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE
Powersound Audio XV15
Anthem MRX 510
Rega RP1
post #1234 of 1454 Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Is there a tutorial video for dummies/ star up basic functions etc on youtube..Preferably English, and current.

Thanks

Djoel
post #1235 of 1454 Old 08-26-2014, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonT35 View Post
I just downloaded the trial version and have a question about the audio setup.

I have connected my laptop to my anthem mrx 510 receiver via hdmi. I understand that wasapi is the best option for the audio device. I'm given an option for conexant wasapi and mrx x10 wasapi.

Which is the correct setting?
The one that gives you sound. The conexant wasapi is for the motherboard audio device and the mrx x10 one is for the Anthem receiver.
post #1236 of 1454 Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Is there a tutorial video for dummies/ star up basic functions etc on youtube..Preferably English, and current.
You might enjoy this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91246.0

It was done by a JRiver Media Center user.
Djoel likes this.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #1237 of 1454 Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You might enjoy this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91246.0

It was done by a JRiver Media Center user.

Thank you to Mr. BrolicBeast, I've seen this clip several times, I'm the novice in the first degree and this can't help me. Hell the Jriver Thread seem to be going light speed, and I'm trying to jump off and catch up! I just do not get this stuff, I paid for Version 19, and thinking Heck maybe 20 will make things go smooth!

Question, I have a hard drive full of DSD files, I can't seem to integrate my HD with Jriver???? Is MC?

lets start with that.

Djoel

Last edited by Djoel; 08-27-2014 at 09:33 PM.
post #1238 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm going to give the trial version of JRiver a whirl. I have let my home networking capabilities get a bit stagnant. Tried Windows Media Center in the past and never liked it. Is there a way to integrate a PC running JRiver with a PS3 via streaming, or is a hardwired connection strictly the way to go? I'm only going to be using JRiver for music...really don't care about any video/photo capabilities right now.
post #1239 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post
Thank you to Mr. BrolicBeast, I've seen this clip several times, I'm the novice in the first degree and this can't help me. Hell the Jriver Thread seem to be going light speed, and I'm trying to jump off and catch up! I just do not get this stuff, I paid for Version 19, and thinking Heck maybe 20 will make things go smooth!

Question, I have a hard drive full of DSD files, I can't seem to integrate my HD with Jriver???? Is MC?

lets start with that.

Djoel
You must first import the files. This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

DSD may not be the best place to start for a novice. You might just try ripping a CD first to get acquainted.

Our forum or the one at computeraudiophile.com have a lot of posts you could read.

post #1240 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader3 View Post
I'm going to give the trial version of JRiver a whirl. I have let my home networking capabilities get a bit stagnant. Tried Windows Media Center in the past and never liked it. Is there a way to integrate a PC running JRiver with a PS3 via streaming, or is a hardwired connection strictly the way to go? I'm only going to be using JRiver for music...really don't care about any video/photo capabilities right now.
MC supports streaming to a PS3.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/PS3

post #1241 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
MC supports streaming to a PS3.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/PS3
Thanks. I'll give it a try!
post #1242 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You must first import the files. This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started

DSD may not be the best place to start for a novice. You might just try ripping a CD first to get acquainted.

Our forum or the one at computeraudiophile.com have a lot of posts you could read.

Thanks, I have rip several cds using Jriver the past few weeks in my htpc which ultimately I would like to have all my music in.

I also see I can import my Itunes to the Mc, that would make life so easy and save from ripping a whole lot of music, "that is if I can figure it out.

I do have my itunes backed in a hard drive that I hardly run and happens to be old pass itune vesrion, and wasn't user of their quality ( meaning how they where initially ripped). Is it worth to use itunes from that hdd, or just start a new?

Thanks again for the info.

Djoel
post #1243 of 1454 Old 08-30-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader3 View Post
Thanks. I'll give it a try!
Just to follow up, it seems to be working great so far. Thanks again.
post #1244 of 1454 Old 09-10-2014, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
EDIT: double post, sorry
post #1245 of 1454 Old 09-10-2014, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I have been playing around with jriver and I am willing to buy it except for one showstopping problem: My Logitech Harmony One remote does not work with the program.

It is set up with my HTPC as a media center remote, and works flawlessley in Media Browser. In Jriver MC I have configured the remote option to expect a MCE remote, in the Logitech Harmony software it is set as a Microsoft WMC SE remote, yet only certain button presses work. For example, I can type in a channel number - but my channel up and channel down butttons do not work. Worse, when I go into the Jriver MC remote options and attempt to learn a command, only certain buttons learn properly. Others simply refuse to learn - when trying to learn the command for the channel up and down buttons, Jriver juts sits there saying "learning: indefinitely. For some other commands (the ones that already work) it learns the code instantly.

Any help or am I out of luck? I can't believe Jriver doesn't work with one of the most popular remotes on the market.
post #1246 of 1454 Old 09-10-2014, 08:24 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
So I have been playing around with jriver and I am willing to buy it except for one showstopping problem: My Logitech Harmony One remote does not work with the program.

It is set up with my HTPC as a media center remote, and works flawlessley in Media Browser. In Jriver MC I have configured the remote option to expect a MCE remote, in the Logitech Harmony software it is set as a Microsoft WMC SE remote, yet only certain button presses work. For example, I can type in a channel number - but my channel up and channel down butttons do not work. Worse, when I go into the Jriver MC remote options and attempt to learn a command, only certain buttons learn properly. Others simply refuse to learn - when trying to learn the command for the channel up and down buttons, Jriver juts sits there saying "learning: indefinitely. For some other commands (the ones that already work) it learns the code instantly.

Any help or am I out of luck? I can't believe Jriver doesn't work with one of the most popular remotes on the market.
Your best bet is to look on their forum and post a question there if there isn't already a solution posted. If you post there, you'll get a lot more people (including some of their developers) who are intimately familiar with JRiver looking at your post and providing assistance.
post #1247 of 1454 Old 09-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 59
JRiver works with the Harmony's. I have a Harmony 700 and it works just fine. In the Logitech software I have my 700 setup as MicrosoftMCE Keyboard. I also use Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252) for setting up custom buttons (i.e. I use the Red MCE button as the Windows button).

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #1248 of 1454 Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I can't remember what I had to do and I'm not at home to check but setting up my Logitech remotes was fairly easy. Not that this is any real help but I know that it does work.
post #1249 of 1454 Old 09-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Instead of using a projectors zoom when viewing 2.35:1 material on a 2.35:1 screen 'to push the black bars above and below the screen', is it possible for jRiver to handle zooming/cropping black bars for 2.35 content?

Last edited by magicj1; 09-16-2014 at 10:09 AM.
post #1250 of 1454 Old 09-16-2014, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Zoom is stored for each movie.

Right click for other options.
magicj1 likes this.

post #1251 of 1454 Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Zoom is stored for each movie.

Right click for other options.
Thanks.

I understand the 'Right click' for other options. But what do you mean by 'zoom is stored for each movie'?
post #1252 of 1454 Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post
Thanks.

I understand the 'Right click' for other options. But what do you mean by 'zoom is stored for each movie'?
Zoom settings are stored on a per movie basis in each file's tags and not on a global basis. Once you set it for a movie, it will always have the same zoom setting. You can't currently set a zone or a file size to automatically use a certain zoom setting.

With Blu-ray, you set the projector to fill the 2:35 screen with the image and the black bars will be off the screen area. Then you reduce 16:9 content to fit within the height of the 2:35 screen.
magicj1 likes this.
post #1253 of 1454 Old 09-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Hi all. I've reported sound quality issue (incorrect dithering) on the JRiver forum. Instead of reacting appropriately what they did... is banned me from the forum. This is how people are treated there... Sad
post #1254 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here's how we work
Hello, Jim.

I see how you work by denying people's rights for support... But I am insisting on getting an answer to the valid support question instead of kicking me out of the only official support channel. It is easy to hide behind the fanboys to look good.. by making someone who points out a problem look bad and not letting him to respond. But you would look much better if the problem is not left as it is but fixed. Even if the problem is just miscommunication.

The topic remained unanswered still.
So, as I am refused to get feedback through official support channel I am re-asking it here. Please clarify what of the bellow is true about the dither used in JRiver and what are your intentions in solving it if there is a problem.
1) Is it uses triangular probability density function (TPDF) dither? (I assume this info is true)
2) Is it using correct 2LSB amplitude for TPDF dither noise and so do not have noise modulation artifacts (but also can change 'exact' values of the source signal, so it cannot be called bit-perfect (as claimed by Matt) in general understanding of the term)?
3) Is it improperly implemented by using 1LSB amplitude and so for exact values in the input there is no change, and so - the noise added depends of the input signal and it has noise modulation artifacts?

Note that 2 and 3 cannot be true at the same time. Simple direct question that needs simple direct answer that is intended to stop misinformation and solving a technical problem if it is not a communication problem. Please clarify what of the above is true in the contradictory information.

I hope you are wise person and will not take anything personally but act in the favour of doing progress and I will get an official answer by the JRiver personnel clarifying the question, so the contradictory information is stopped spreading and if there are any technical issues they are fixed. This is in my interest, in your interest and the interest of the JRiver community. Please don't behave as a scam company.
post #1255 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgorZep View Post
Hello, Jim.

I see how you work by denying people's rights for support... But I am insisting on getting an answer to the valid support question instead of kicking me out of the only official support channel. It is easy to hide behind the fanboys to look good.. by making someone who points out a problem look bad and not letting him to respond. But you would look much better if the problem is not left as it is but fixed. Even if the problem is just miscommunication.

The topic remained unanswered still.
So, as I am refused to get feedback through official support channel I am re-asking it here. Please clarify what of the bellow is true about the dither used in JRiver and what are your intentions in solving it if there is a problem.
1) Is it uses triangular probability density function (TPDF) dither? (I assume this info is true)
2) Is it using correct 2LSB amplitude for TPDF dither noise and so do not have noise modulation artifacts (but also can change 'exact' values of the source signal, so it cannot be called bit-perfect (as claimed by Matt) in general understanding of the term)?
3) Is it improperly implemented by using 1LSB amplitude and so for exact values in the input there is no change, and so - the noise added depends of the input signal and it has noise modulation artifacts?

Note that 2 and 3 cannot be true at the same time. Simple direct question that needs simple direct answer that is intended to stop misinformation and solving a technical problem if it is not a communication problem. Please clarify what of the above is true in the contradictory information.

I hope you are wise person and will not take anything personally but act in the favour of doing progress and I will get an official answer by the JRiver personnel clarifying the question, so the contradictory information is stopped spreading and if there are any technical issues they are fixed. This is in my interest, in your interest and the interest of the JRiver community. Please don't behave as a scam company.
IMO, I doubt this attitude will get you anything useful...

JRiver is quite reputable around here, and many of us have bought multiple licenses...

From personal experience, their forum is quite responsive and both normal users and developers respond quite kindly to most questions...
post #1256 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balky View Post
IMO, I doubt this attitude will get you anything useful...
IMO fanboism and narcissism attitude will not get product to improve. My attitude is problem solving - nothing more. Yes, I am vocal of the issues if I find them. I am interested in the product and also interested in it working correctly, so - it is why I am on their forum, not to bash them.

Quote:
JRiver is quite reputable around here, and many of us have bought multiple licenses...
And all the reputation is ruined by their behaviour. It is great what they have done (JRMC), but no reputable company handles the issues in such a way!

Quote:
From personal experience, their forum is quite responsive and both normal users and developers respond quite kindly to most questions...
When you agree to anything said by them... may be. My experience is out of two days of discussing an issue I got no official definitive answer, but personal attacks from fanboys and punishment. The only official answer was a kind of "sorry, it is working incorrectly and this is our strategy" (not quite what you can expect from a reputable firm). Then "thanks" by the author to protective speeches telling the opposite to what author has claimed, again with no definitive answer and at the time when I cannot respond and actually kicked out even of reading it. How should I feel about that? I raised a lot of different issues for different products on their public communication channels (I can name Onkyo, Audyssey, Emotiva, Mede8er...) and nowhere I was treated like that. At least they all admitted the problems if they were existing and always responded, and tried to explain why they cannot solve some particular issue. Nowhere I was banned if their argumentation was not sufficient for me or we disagreed. And, as I can find I am not the only one who was banned of JRiver support forum because of disagreement on the issues. It seems to be part of company strategy to solve disagreement in this way.
post #1257 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

igorzep received multiple answers but didn't like them and became a troublesome distraction.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...1071#msg631071

He has not purchased.

Sorry, Igor. If you want to discuss it, I'm jimh at jriver.

post #1258 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
igorzep received multiple answers but didn't like them and became a troublesome distraction.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...1071#msg631071

He has not purchased.

Sorry, Igor. If you want to discuss it, I'm jimh at jriver.
frankly that is a bizarre attitude, all he did was ask some questions.
post #1259 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ll3d00d View Post
frankly that is a bizarre attitude, all he did was ask some questions.
One of his posts is now missing.

post #1260 of 1454 Old 09-17-2014, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I read the thread and don't see where Igor was a "troublesome distraction?" Looked to me like he was just asking questions and was very thorough with his concerns/objections/confirmations. I thought that was the whole point of having a forum for technical discussions. The discussion was way above my head, but Igor certainly wasn't attacking or insulting anyone. If he was, I can understand why he would be banned.

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2
Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE
Powersound Audio XV15
Anthem MRX 510
Rega RP1
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page