post #1261 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
One of his posts is now missing.
I see (or rather I don't but you get what I mean )

probably better to edit the post in place rather than just delete, would avoid such misunderstandings. It seems a shame though, from what I've seen it is contributions from the more technical members of the community that have helped produce the feature set jrmc has today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
igorzep received multiple answers but didn't like them and became a troublesome distraction.
I know customers can be distractive, but the easiest way to end the distraction is to clarify things. I got multiple answers but those are exclusively contradictory and most of them are not by JRiver personnel and so are speculations and not really answering my questions clearly. It is quite easy to answer if it is 1LSB of 2LSB, everything else is implied. It it is 1LSB TPDF - of course I cannot be satisfied because it is simply incorrect and it is not worth testing if it is declared incorrect already. If it is 2LSB - there is no problem (except minor mis-communication) and that is it.

Quote:
He has not purchased.
It doesn't mean I can't go to support.

Quote:
Sorry, Igor. If you want to discuss it, I'm jimh at jriver.
You know I can't do it because all I see when I am accessing anything at yabb.jriver.com is "Sorry igorzep, you are banned from using this forum!".

Quote:
One of his posts is now missing.
The one I was answering to is also. Agree that I was over-reactive once and answered not so politely. But suggestions not to buy the product and leave... are counterproductive and disrespectful also. But I am sorry I didn't ignored that provocation. Still it deserves a warning, not an immediate ban.
post #1263 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You can reach me at jimh at jriver if you want to discuss.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1264 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
You can reach me at jimh at jriver if you want to discuss.
I think Jim means via email.

FWIW, I agree that it was rather heavy handed to ban him from the forum given the info about the situation that's been posted here.
3ll3d00d likes this.
post #1265 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have JRiver 19 and I am trying to export my playlist to iTunes. I have all my files saved on a NAS drive and they are all FLAC files. I have read that iTunes does not support FLAC files which may be my problem when I have tried to export them. Do I need to convert the files to WAV or AIFF files before I export them to iTunes? Also, my NAS drive shows up in iTunes but it only has a portion of my files listed. I thought it was going to be an easy process - is there a setting I am missing? Thanks!
post #1266 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Whats the story with ATMOS support in Jriver?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #1267 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
Whats the story with ATMOS support in Jriver?
Certainly not an insider for JRiver but Nyal mentioned at CEDIA that Atmos will never show up on JRiver. Or it would be a very long time. Not sure if that was opinion or he knew something.

post #1268 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Hoping for an Auro 3D upmixer for JRiver!

post #1269 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
Certainly not an insider for JRiver but Nyal mentioned at CEDIA that Atmos will never show up on JRiver. Or it would be a very long time. Not sure if that was opinion or he knew something.
Sounds like opinion.

I can ask nevcairiel and he probably would know. Hendrik was hired by Jriver last year, (he is the author of LAV filters for HTPC)

I don't follow Jriver too much myself, but if it supported ATMOS that might sway me. I don't play discs. Discs are for noobs.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #1270 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
I don't see why JRiver would have to do anything specific to support Atmos. If you can bitstream TrueHD, you can send an Atmos signal. Sure, you lose the benefits of VideoClock, but it'd be worth it if Atmos is important to you.
post #1271 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post
I don't see why JRiver would have to do anything specific to support Atmos. If you can bitstream TrueHD, you can send an Atmos signal. Sure, you lose the benefits of VideoClock, but it'd be worth it if Atmos is important to you.
That is kind of what I was thinking. I'll rip my ATMOS demo disc from CEDIA and see what I can find.

VideoClock (renamed Reclock for Jriver) does indeed break your bitstreaming, so you'd need to decode locally. Normally I copy paste the dtsdecoder.dll (stolen from demo of TMT) to do that with reclock (again I am not Jriver) but I don't think that method is going to work for ATMOS and local decoding. You'll need to native bitstream the full dolbyTrueHD stream unconverted, so no changing it to something else or encoding. But assuming you rip as ISO or MKV playback bitstreaming should decode the ATMOS (I think).

IDK... I guess I will have to mess around. I don't have an ATMOS receiver yet though

-

post #1272 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

I've been involved in several threads with IgorZep both here and on another forum. While he can be quite blunt, his goal has always been technical accuracy, and I've never found him to use personal attacks. I'd strongly encourage the powers that be to reinstitute his status on the forum, and take advantage of his desire to make the product better. I the long run, it will only help JRiver.
post #1273 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
I'll rip my ATMOS demo disc from CEDIA and see what I can find.
What are you using to rip Atmos encoded discs? I was wondering if MakeMKV will work with Atmos.
post #1274 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Seems like Jriver could benefit by hiring a customer relations czar
post #1275 of 1275 Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post
Fine if you want to bitstream, not if you want to do eq etc on the PC. There is nothing Jriver themselves can do without an atmos decoder for the PC. Dolby's public comment is basically "it is possible but no plans at this time" (from the video on ht geeks). From the thread on interact, it doesn't seem to be something on their radar. I believe his focus is on writing their Linux video engine anyway.
IgorZep likes this.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page