24Likes

post #1291 of 1306 Old 09-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome View Post
I use Gizmo a lot for control. What is "clunky and inaccurate"? Are you actually trying to browse Theater View using the remote controls within the app?

You can also try the eos app. There is a free trial in the Play Store. Search for "eos lenworth" or you will get a bunch of Canon apps. I purchased it a few weeks ago and really like it. It has easier volume control for zones than Gizmo.

If you want complete customization, you can get the iRule program for Android. Using JRiver's extensive Web Service Interface commands, you can program your own Android remote with the buttons you want.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1306 Old 09-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. It's probably not possible to run a business without pissing off some percentage of the customers.

But we try very hard to serve our customers well, and the business side has continued to grow very well, so I think we're doing most of the right things.

Oddly perhaps, from your perspective, I do believe strongly in great customer service. I was here last night at 10:00 and I'm here again at 7:00, for example. I do the same on our forum.

I just don't have infinite patience for customers who are excessively demanding or aggressive or mean spirited. And JRiver people have limited time to debate the details.

Again, if I've offended you, I apologize.
I've got my issues with JRiver like I'm not used to paying for upgrades (I bought it too close to the end of MC19...), I feel like setting up some aspects of it to be overly complex and I'm no spring chicken to PC's and tech, and the lack of interesting Skins (especially Theater view) however every time I've had a problem and I've posted on your forum usually someone from the company replies and helps me figure out what I want it to do and your devotion to A/V quality (integrated madVR support really pushed me towards you guys) keeps me happy with my JRiver purchase and I recommend it.

I really should post lists of stuff I'd you guys to consider for MC20 on your forums...
fitbrit likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #1293 of 1306 Old 09-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been working on my iTunes conversion issue. I am trying to convert all my FLAC files to AIFF which keeps all the info for the artist and album but some of the files fail to convert. Is there a work around to getting these FLAC files converted?
post #1294 of 1306 Old 09-19-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I accidentally imported & ripped a few hundred albums to my SSD C drive, should I Back up my library (icon) and drag and drop it into my empty drive? Would I lose any quality doing it this method?

Also how do I stop ( getting it out of default), Jriver from ripping/importing to the C drive, and on to a drive of my choice?

Thanks

Djoel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #1295 of 1306 Old 09-20-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Under MC's Library Tools, you will find a way to move files.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Moving_Files

The location is set in the ripping options. Options has a search window at the bottom.
Djoel likes this.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center

or
post #1296 of 1306 Old 09-20-2014, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just ordered a new Blu-ray drive and 4tb external hard drive that I will be moving my media to in order to stream through jriver. Any tips I should know ahead of time or is it pretty straight forward?
post #1297 of 1306 Old 09-20-2014, 11:48 AM
mo1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
J River 18 Transformers 4 Atmos

trying to play the new Transformers 4 Blu Ray and Jriver just hangs and doesnt play, of i go forward to a scene it will show the still but wont play anything, i then tried to play the main movie file which plays ok but it does not show the HD audio track and only plays the AC3 track. if i right click on the movie playing and select stream it only shows ac3 tracks. i can play the movie in Powerdvd and that plays the tru hd track fine.
any ideas

thanks
post #1298 of 1306 Old 09-20-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/inde...3070#msg633070

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center

or
post #1299 of 1306 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
trying to play the new Transformers 4 Blu Ray and Jriver just hangs and doesnt play, of i go forward to a scene it will show the still but wont play anything, i then tried to play the main movie file which plays ok but it does not show the HD audio track and only plays the AC3 track. if i right click on the movie playing and select stream it only shows ac3 tracks. i can play the movie in Powerdvd and that plays the tru hd track fine.
any ideas

thanks
This BluRay will be released on September 30th. Hendrik suggested that LAV may be able to allow correct bitstreaming of the ATMOS to a capable receiver around that date, but be prepared that it may also not to avoid disappointment. Meanwhile, enjoy your pre-release disc. I'll be getting the 3D version, so I expect to not play it in MC anyway.
Bluescale likes this.

===========

post #1300 of 1306 Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jriver View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. It's probably not possible to run a business without pissing off some percentage of the customers.

But we try very hard to serve our customers well, and the business side has continued to grow very well, so I think we're doing most of the right things.

Oddly perhaps, from your perspective, I do believe strongly in great customer service. I was here last night at 10:00 and I'm here again at 7:00, for example. I do the same on our forum.

I just don't have infinite patience for customers who are excessively demanding or aggressive or mean spirited. And JRiver people have limited time to debate the details.

Again, if I've offended you, I apologize.
Point made.
post #1301 of 1306 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 189
So, after all the self-congratulation, fake apologies and non-answers to the questions about dither from JimH, I wonder what will result from this post?

Igor, are you surprised about any of this? I'm not. I'm hoping to find some free software that doesn't have this sort of cult-like following.
IgorZep likes this.

Last edited by andyc56; Yesterday at 09:11 PM.
post #1302 of 1306 Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Here's my point of view on JRIVER. Note that I started buying it around v12 and am currently on v19. I switched from Medio (Media Monkey, WinAmp and others before that. I started with Music Match long ago) and I still fiddle w/Foobar.

1. MUSIC - JRiver is my primary app for music. I only use Foobar for when I want to look at the wave forms. I also like Foobar's ability to click on the cover art and sequence through other pictures (back, disc, etc.). With JRiver I like the ease of use in tagging and organizing plus the audio settings for HIRez etc. I have created some Theater View setups that work well for me now in my Theater. I can easily control w/my IR remote with one hand. I view my record & CD scans in JRIVER as well using the picture organizing section.

2. VIDEO - I have just been getting back interested and using video from my HTPC. I like JRIVER once I get files tagged or when I just want to find something using directory "files" view, but I have been won over by MEDIA BROWSER recently and tend to use it a bit more for movies & TV Series. It is easy to rip, put the bonus content in Specials folder, and then see just one icon for the movie. In JRIver I have a repeat of the movie icon for every file. I can fix this by tagging correctly and having a scheme but I just haven't taken the time to define and execute the approach. I do find JRIVER is more reliable for me. MBT is beta. My JRIVER Theater View setup is OK but I like the MBT eye candy better. For music --especially in workstation mode--I love my JRIVER setup. I can probably do much of it in Foobar but it's way more complicated to setup.

I haven't figured out DSD yet other than convert on the fly. At first that was a notable sound drop (quieter, rolled off highs), I've done better with Peak Normalization and extended conversion filter setting. I need to test more to determine if I accept converting on the fly. It is frustrating to prefer the CD layer from a hybrid SACD/CD disc

I understand JRiver doesn't send DSD over HDMI. My Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro plays DSD over HDMI (from my Oppo playing SACD) so if JRiver would ever send native DSD over HDMI that would seem like a benefit....or if I bought a USB DSD DAC like Oppo105D.

I am open to buying v20 of JRiver....I just need to better understand why I want that...I didn't see new features on the list that I was eager to check out....will look closer.

In summary I use JRIVER for music on my workstation PC and in my Theater almost every day and have for years. I am a big fan of JRIVER for music. I love what it has done for my large collection of digitized LP's, CDs, SACDs, DVD-A, Quad to DTS recordings, etc. I have invested a lot of hours ripping, tagging and setting the system up. I need to explore it further for video as I am starting to rip all the bonus DVD's from my music CDs, plus other music related video. I think it will be a good fit for these odd-ball items. I will also figure out how to organize my movies better.

Last edited by Hoots; Yesterday at 11:08 PM.
post #1303 of 1306 Old Today, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc56 View Post
I'm hoping to find some free software that doesn't have this sort of cult-like following.
I suspect that will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'd prefer software that just fixes bugs as/when they are found tbh anyway.
post #1304 of 1306 Old Today, 12:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
So, after all the self-congratulation, fake apologies and non-answers to the questions about dither from JimH, I wonder what will result from this post?

Igor, are you surprised about any of this? I'm not. I'm hoping to find some free software that doesn't have this sort of cult-like following.
Good for you... and... more power to your elbow...

Kindly spread the news when you find one...

Anyone's issue with dither won't stop those of us who appreciate the good work of the JR team from using the player...
JR is currently the best music player on the PC at the moment until proven otherwise IMO...
post #1305 of 1306 Old Today, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1 View Post
any ideas

thanks
Get the updated LAV filters here:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd1its3#dir/...BD%AF%E4%BB%B6

I used this one: LAVFilters-0.62.0_x86.7z

I went to c:\users\<pc name>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins\lav

It's probably best to back up the lav folder.

Delete the contents of the lav folder and replace with the contents of LAVFilters-0.62.0_x86.7z.

J River should now ignore the Atmos data and default to the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 track.

(Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

post #1306 of 1306 Old Today, 05:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Igor, are you surprised about any of this? I'm not.
Not at all. I simply cannot imagine how a thing could be made properly based on the improper understanding of the problem one trying to solve. It is like you need to come to New York, but asking the road to Moscow. Sure - there is a tiny chance you will come where you need, but I have seen too few examples of something like that happening.

Quote:
I'm hoping to find some free software that doesn't have this sort of cult-like following.
Free or not... I am hoping too. I don't mind if it reasonably priced. But the DRM paranoia seems has made the Audio on PC dying... But otherwise something interesting starts at $20k with processors such as Trinnov Altitude... And the wall is too strong for reasonable competition to come as it have been made almost impossible to overcome all the barriers imposed by the DRM for enthusiasts and small business.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List