Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge540 View Post
Hi,
So i just finished building an Asrock Q1900-ITX with the intention of running it as a client with Jriver installed. I've run into a problem of Theater View not working. It gives the error of "Error starting Direct3D engine - adapter 0 not capable of windowed mode". i see a few others have had this error and they are told to update the graphics driver.
I am running Jriver 19.0.163 and all the latest Asrock/Intel drivers/utilities. I have Win7 64bit.
any ideas? or will this not work?
I'm not sure if this is related to your problem or not - but when I was installing new graphic drives I ran into a similar (if not the same) error message. I had JRiver set to start automatically on boot up, and when I installed new graphic/video card drivers, the system did the auto restart to finish driver installation, but it started JRiver program before the driver install finished. That brought up the error. I had to boot into safe mode to be able to stop JRiver program from loading in order to let graphic drivers finish installing. Once the driver update finished I did not have any other problems.
IgorZep likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1453 Old 10-18-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I inadvertently unloaded my library( Music, picture, and movies) trying to add some movies from a few of my hard drives, are they're completely lost?

Also I think I successfully changed the Drive where my music where originally being ripped to ( Local C drive),Went to options File Locator, I see it says the M Music drive ( I named it that) I've assigned it to. Would that be correct? I guess best thing is to test this, but I have to format the Music drive correctly before for transferring any music to it. Something about it being Dynamic or something similar.

Djoel
post #1443 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Did you try restoring a backup? MC makes them automatically.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center
jriver.com or Owners Thread at AVSForum
post #1444 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 187
No, I was trying to add movies from my hhd, I never been able to. I doubt I have space to back them up, I wouldn't try that.

Djoel
post #1445 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Cascading dither

If you cascade multiple dither levels don't you increase the RMS noise bt 6dB each time?

I am not sure that adding a dither plugin would fix a modulating noise floor either hence the request to enable or disable the dither in JRiver and add a single dither level via a user selectable dither plugin.
post #1446 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
I'm not sure if this is related to your problem or not - but when I was installing new graphic drives I ran into a similar (if not the same) error message. I had JRiver set to start automatically on boot up, and when I installed new graphic/video card drivers, the system did the auto restart to finish driver installation, but it started JRiver program before the driver install finished. That brought up the error. I had to boot into safe mode to be able to stop JRiver program from loading in order to let graphic drivers finish installing. Once the driver update finished I did not have any other problems.
ive tried updating the Intel HD Graphics drivers but it says my hardware is not sufficient. Is it even possible this board does not have the Intel HD graphics installed somehow? It only lists the standard VGA graphics adapter. im sorry for not keeping with the jriver theme here but id like to use this program on this client, if it works.
thanks
eric
post #1447 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
ive tried updating the Intel HD Graphics drivers but it says my hardware is not sufficient. Is it even possible this board does not have the Intel HD graphics installed somehow? It only lists the standard VGA graphics adapter. im sorry for not keeping with the jriver theme here but id like to use this program on this client, if it works.
thanks
eric
That sounds like your problem. Can you go to Control Panel >Device Manager> Display Adapters and see what it shows. If not what you should have, try updating drivers from there - (although downloading the correct drivers from the Asus website is usually the best method).
post #1448 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
That sounds like your problem. Can you go to Control Panel >Device Manager> Display Adapters and see what it shows. If not what you should have, try updating drivers from there - (although downloading the correct drivers from the Asus website is usually the best method).
attached is a screen shot of the device mngr. obviously this must be the problem. im guessing the only recourse is returning this board and getting a new one? I do not find a graphics driver on the asrock website.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	319714  
post #1449 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
attached is a screen shot of the device mngr. obviously this must be the problem. im guessing the only recourse is returning this board and getting a new one? I do not find a graphics driver on the asrock website.
Right click on it, and try "update driver software". Or go to Asus site and get the (VGA) driver for your board http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900...load&os=Win764
post #1450 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Right click on it, and try "update driver software". Or go to Asus site and get the (VGA) driver for your board http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900...load&os=Win764
I swear i did the VGA driver update but evidently i did not. I did it, and everything works great now. Thanks huge! looks like this will work after all.
Thanks CountryBumkin!
post #1451 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, CountryBumkin.

Edge540, thanks for your patience and perseverance.

post #1452 of 1453 Old 10-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1972 View Post
If you cascade multiple dither levels don't you increase the RMS noise bt 6dB each time?
No
post #1453 of 1453 Old Today, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

JRiver Media Center can now act as a sound device driver. This lets you route any Windows sounds through MC so you can take advantage of MC's DSP. Requires version 20.0.27 or higher, now at the top of the MC20 board.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92593.msg637430#msg637430

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page